Regular Poster

Re: Jack Grealish

Postby josev » 2020 Jan 17, 14:11

isn't he also stronger than 71?
anOKguy
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby anOKguy » 2020 Jan 17, 14:47

josev wrote:isn't he also stronger than 71?

Definitely, so basically early last season before his injury this guy was just going down at the slightest touch and not fighting for anything mentally or physically. Then he came back from his injury and went on a tear and has kept it up at the next level. He can be low greens I would bet now (76?). There are a good number of upgrades he needs now. This set mostly represents him before that injury and not as much the past year. What do you think of his dribbling by chance, Josev?
josev
Regular Poster

Postby josev » 2020 Jan 17, 16:52

i only have some brief impressions of him and highlights, so i'm not suggesting numbers, but regarding strength, he does go down often, but it seems "tactical", he just likes drawing fouls, but when it is required he can stand his ground, he also looks bulkier than i remember him before, i could be wrong though. his dribbling is definitely his best asset, he's incredibly smart with it, da looked a point or two higher to me, sometimes i've seen great ds from him too, but again i don't have enough sample size to judge it
anOKguy

Postby anOKguy » 2020 Feb 16, 15:53

josev wrote:i only have some brief impressions of him and highlights, so i'm not suggesting numbers, but regarding strength, he does go down often, but it seems "tactical", he just likes drawing fouls, but when it is required he can stand his ground, he also looks bulkier than i remember him before, i could be wrong though. his dribbling is definitely his best asset, he's incredibly smart with it, da looked a point or two higher to me, sometimes i've seen great ds from him too, but again i don't have enough sample size to judge it

I want to back up this. For me he has really grown and matured his game over the past 12 months since the comeback from an injury. His DS has always been really good, but he used to just ALWAYS slow down but now shows off his array of moves and has some incredible foot speed. I think the DA is 1-2 points higher as you point out... and DS can go into 90 territory. Attack is another thing I want to mention, I think he needs to be 80 territory with the amount of danger he creates from everything. It is a transformation in his game where he is just a lot more lethal and less looking to add to his skills compilation video. As Whoah noted, tech can get a raise to mid yellows with 85 being a very worthy number in my mind, there are way fewer shit touches now in his game and more high quality ones. Mentality and TW both upper greens bordering yellow. He has really become a lot less selfish and does not force it alone aside from once or twice a game where you can't really even hold it against him. Stamina is something that flew under the radar, he is a very fit young lad and carrying an immense burden from start to finish without a break, to me he seems in the mid yellow tier and potentially higher. He presses from kickoff to the final kick now with defense also needing a few points closer to 50 range.

Basically this guy went from a really talented player with real limitations and flaws (mostly mental) to one that got his shit together and turned his game up to the next level and is ridiculously consistent at that (form raise in my books minimum 5 but looks a lot more 6 since I am struggling to remember any real poor form in the last year+).

To sum up what I would change:
Attack: 76 -> 81
Defense: 41 -> 48
Stamina: 77 -> 85
Dribble Accuracy: 85 -> 87
Dribble Speed: 85 -> 90
Technique: 81 -> 85
Mentality: 68 -> 79(?)
Teamwork: 75 -> 78
Condition/Fitness: 4 -> 5/6
godsplan
New Stat Maker

Postby godsplan » 2020 Feb 16, 18:32

Agree with everything said here, he's an absolute baller. Pep can exaggerate but he wasn't wrong when he labelled him one of the best players in the league. He just has "it", it's hard to describe but he just oozes star power.

If De Bruyne and crew leave City, he'd be ridiculous there.

What a player.
josev
Regular Poster

Postby josev » 2020 Feb 17, 10:12

anOKguy wrote:I want to back up this. For me he has really grown and matured his game over the past 12 months since the comeback from an injury. His DS has always been really good, but he used to just ALWAYS slow down but now shows off his array of moves and has some incredible foot speed. I think the DA is 1-2 points higher as you point out... and DS can go into 90 territory. Attack is another thing I want to mention, I think he needs to be 80 territory with the amount of danger he creates from everything. It is a transformation in his game where he is just a lot more lethal and less looking to add to his skills compilation video. As Whoah noted, tech can get a raise to mid yellows with 85 being a very worthy number in my mind, there are way fewer shit touches now in his game and more high quality ones. Mentality and TW both upper greens bordering yellow. He has really become a lot less selfish and does not force it alone aside from once or twice a game where you can't really even hold it against him. Stamina is something that flew under the radar, he is a very fit young lad and carrying an immense burden from start to finish without a break, to me he seems in the mid yellow tier and potentially higher. He presses from kickoff to the final kick now with defense also needing a few points closer to 50 range.

Basically this guy went from a really talented player with real limitations and flaws (mostly mental) to one that got his shit together and turned his game up to the next level and is ridiculously consistent at that (form raise in my books minimum 5 but looks a lot more 6 since I am struggling to remember any real poor form in the last year+).

looks good, but are you sure about 90 ds? should probably have higher shooting stats too
anOKguy

Postby anOKguy » 2020 Feb 17, 18:13

Spoiler: show
josev wrote:
anOKguy wrote:I want to back up this. For me he has really grown and matured his game over the past 12 months since the comeback from an injury. His DS has always been really good, but he used to just ALWAYS slow down but now shows off his array of moves and has some incredible foot speed. I think the DA is 1-2 points higher as you point out... and DS can go into 90 territory. Attack is another thing I want to mention, I think he needs to be 80 territory with the amount of danger he creates from everything. It is a transformation in his game where he is just a lot more lethal and less looking to add to his skills compilation video. As Whoah noted, tech can get a raise to mid yellows with 85 being a very worthy number in my mind, there are way fewer shit touches now in his game and more high quality ones. Mentality and TW both upper greens bordering yellow. He has really become a lot less selfish and does not force it alone aside from once or twice a game where you can't really even hold it against him. Stamina is something that flew under the radar, he is a very fit young lad and carrying an immense burden from start to finish without a break, to me he seems in the mid yellow tier and potentially higher. He presses from kickoff to the final kick now with defense also needing a few points closer to 50 range.

looks good, but are you sure about 90 ds? should probably have higher shooting stats too

Forgot shooting, but yeah definitely! I do think just given his ability to really manipulate the ball in tight spaces are really high. When Ocrin was talking to me in PM about Camavinga a day or two ago I noticed a lot of similarities in this aspect of being able to make tiny last second movements to keep play alive or draw a foul. Grealish has a great display of this on the touch line vs Toby yesterday and in each of the 3 fouls he drew in the first 6 minutes of the game. Also, free roaming card needs to be applied, the dude drifts anywhere and everywhere. Also, his ST I would have above SA (which should be 71-73 range) and likely 73-74 range ST.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2020 Feb 17, 23:38

if hes 90 DS, he shouldn't be 82 TS, cause he moves pretty slowly on the ball? I mean, he moves while running with it, and doesn't seem to lose much speed, but he's not eating up ground, you know? I don't know if it's his style, or hes just slowish in general, but I'm pretty sure 82/90 represents a much more aggressive speedster than Grealish is. I dunno about 90 DS, I havn't seen his recent performances, but hes someone who has no trouble moving at speeds, but I haven't seen him really looking like hes trying to reach upper levels of speed on the ball, everything he does seems to be at a slower more methodical pace, even when running on the ball, if that makes sense.

Not really agreeing or disagreeing here, as I'm not sure myself, mostly just food for thought.
anOKguy

Postby anOKguy » 2020 Feb 20, 12:50

jurgens wrote:if hes 90 DS, he shouldn't be 82 TS, cause he moves pretty slowly on the ball? I mean, he moves while running with it, and doesn't seem to lose much speed, but he's not eating up ground, you know? I don't know if it's his style, or hes just slowish in general, but I'm pretty sure 82/90 represents a much more aggressive speedster than Grealish is. I dunno about 90 DS, I havn't seen his recent performances, but hes someone who has no trouble moving at speeds, but I haven't seen him really looking like hes trying to reach upper levels of speed on the ball, everything he does seems to be at a slower more methodical pace, even when running on the ball, if that makes sense.

Not really agreeing or disagreeing here, as I'm not sure myself, mostly just food for thought.

Definitely does! I’m tinkering with it exactly and am thinking of potentially a little decrease to TS and ACC, but still trying to flesh everything out. He’s been doing really good at being able to carry at high high speeds over the last 2-3 months when I catch him (barely did earlier in the year). For the longest time as noted he just slows to a walk. Now more and more he is taking it and just running immediately and showing the DS we know he has but doesn’t always utilize. He still does the slowing down a lot, but has shown that higher ability more and more. The 87 I feel is definitely fair especially with the speed as you note. I’m looking to see if this continues and the potential above is worth exploring more - should have made a note on that during my initial post.

TW is the other thing I am still trying to gauge properly as it could be really good. He resists the urge to just drop too close and beg for the ball anymore since he has some players that can deliver the ball to good and advanced positions, but the bad tendency does still creep in at times.

Work in progress :)
7Jonathan28
New Stat Maker

Postby 7Jonathan28 » 2020 Feb 21, 03:02

anOKguy wrote:
josev wrote:i only have some brief impressions of him and highlights, so i'm not suggesting numbers, but regarding strength, he does go down often, but it seems "tactical", he just likes drawing fouls, but when it is required he can stand his ground, he also looks bulkier than i remember him before, i could be wrong though. his dribbling is definitely his best asset, he's incredibly smart with it, da looked a point or two higher to me, sometimes i've seen great ds from him too, but again i don't have enough sample size to judge it

I want to back up this. For me he has really grown and matured his game over the past 12 months since the comeback from an injury. His DS has always been really good, but he used to just ALWAYS slow down but now shows off his array of moves and has some incredible foot speed. I think the DA is 1-2 points higher as you point out... and DS can go into 90 territory. Attack is another thing I want to mention, I think he needs to be 80 territory with the amount of danger he creates from everything. It is a transformation in his game where he is just a lot more lethal and less looking to add to his skills compilation video. As Whoah noted, tech can get a raise to mid yellows with 85 being a very worthy number in my mind, there are way fewer shit touches now in his game and more high quality ones. Mentality and TW both upper greens bordering yellow. He has really become a lot less selfish and does not force it alone aside from once or twice a game where you can't really even hold it against him. Stamina is something that flew under the radar, he is a very fit young lad and carrying an immense burden from start to finish without a break, to me he seems in the mid yellow tier and potentially higher. He presses from kickoff to the final kick now with defense also needing a few points closer to 50 range.

Don't know about 90 DS, imho he is more technical gifted than speedster. He's really good at dribbling cause it's one of his biggest asset, but when he wants to take ons his enemies, he's little slow, because he uses his skills, and that's why he got Trickster card. So, I'll suggest that his DA is higher than his DS.
Live life for the moment, because everything else is uncertain.
godsplan
New Stat Maker

Postby godsplan » 2020 Sep 12, 21:31

He's definitely too strong to be sitting on 73 BB, like he's not going to be bulldozing his way through challenges like Pogba or whatever, but he's very smart in that he knows when to stand his ground and use his body to shield the ball, like josev alluded to. He's somewhat similar to Hazard with that dribbling style, where he's looking to draw the opposition into making a foul, but Hazard is direct and will often ride the challenges and look for a goalscoring opportunity whereas Grealish is looking to gain a foul to relieve pressure on his team since he plays for a significantly worse side.

His agility is a point or 2 higher than 85.

Minor update:

BB: 77

Agi: 87

LPS: 76 (he's got a decent corner kick, and free kick and 73 makes it seem like his passes lack the penetration)

Tec: 85 not a world of difference between 84 and 85 but I think he's got a better touch than Rashford who's on the same value

Ment: 80 he's a leader and definitely isn't afraid of shouldering responsibility while playing with players that are quite clearly way below his level.

ETA: is he really a DA=DS player? He's got lovely close control but to me his DS isn't really that high especially since he's got 84 Acc. Something like 88 DA and 84/85 DS represents him better IMO.
7Jonathan28
New Stat Maker

Postby 7Jonathan28 » 2020 Sep 12, 22:31

godsplan wrote:He's definitely too strong to be sitting on 73 BB, like he's not going to be bulldozing his way through challenges like Pogba or whatever, but he's very smart in that he knows when to stand his ground and use his body to shield the ball, like josev alluded to. He's somewhat similar to Hazard with that dribbling style, where he's looking to draw the opposition into making a foul, but Hazard is direct and will often ride the challenges and look for a goalscoring opportunity whereas Grealish is looking to gain a foul to relieve pressure on his team since he plays for a significantly worse side.

His agility is a point or 2 higher than 85.

Minor update:

BB: 77

Agi: 87

LPS: 76 (he's got a decent corner kick, and free kick and 73 makes it seem like his passes lack the penetration)

Tec: 85 not a world of difference between 84 and 85 but I think he's got a better touch than Rashford who's on the same value

Ment: 80 he's a leader and definitely isn't afraid of shouldering responsibility while playing with players that are quite clearly way below his level.

ETA: is he really a DA=DS player? He's got lovely close control but to me his DS isn't really that high especially since he's got 84 Acc. Something like 88 DA and 84/85 DS represents him better IMO.

Yeah, I agree with these suggestions because they're right. Good catch in agility stat, I'm with you, it could be 87. He's definitely DA>DS player because he has a great close control on the ball and not really often to use his pace. I even suggest that his tech could be higher than 85, maybe 86 and lower his TS a point to 79, same point as Eberechi Eze. Passings speed needs update too i think, SPS to 75 and LPS to 77, given both white stats are really unfair. I saw that his LPA also underrated, he could make some good crosses or switch play using long passes, for LPA he deserves 80.
anOKguy

Postby anOKguy » 2020 Sep 13, 04:17

He finished last year as the most fouled played in an EPL season since they started recording the stat... and by quite a margin. Needed to be noted on here before I forget.
7Jonathan28
New Stat Maker

Postby 7Jonathan28 » 2020 Sep 16, 11:24

Darting Run card doesn't have to added, it doesn't represent his playing style, i disagree with this addition. That card makss him looks like a speedster. No, it's not him, he's more like a skillful player. He loves to take on his opponents, not because of his pace, but because he has skills when the ball is in his feet. Oh yeah, he has great close control too. Trickster and Mazing Run cards are enough and look suit for him rather than the Darting Run card.

His SPS looks a bit overrated too. I'd give 81 to it. But his technique looks underrated. For me he deserves 86 for tech.
godsplan
New Stat Maker

Postby godsplan » 2020 Sep 16, 16:03

Agree with everything said above and I'll also add that I don't think his SPA is that high. He breaks lines with his ball carrying aka dribbling, don't get me wrong he's a good passer but 83 is probably as high I would go with him. I don't think he's a better passer than Maddison for example and even if he was, 85 SPS makes his short passing more incisive than it probably is in real life. 80 is probably the maximum I would have given him.

I do however, like the update to his shooting especially SA. Not sure about green ST but meh, small margins and all.
7Jonathan28
New Stat Maker

Postby 7Jonathan28 » 2020 Sep 19, 09:08

True. Fix these stats please. Remove the Darting Run card because it doesn't fit his style. Lower the SPA and SPS to 83 and 80, they look overrated, but his technique needs an increase to 86/87.

Return to “Aston Villa FC”