PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Anwar El-Ghazi

Postby PES Stats Database » 2014 Aug 23, 11:59

Roy
PSD Elite

Re: Anwar El-Ghazi

Postby Roy » 2015 Feb 09, 09:43

I've been impressed by him. Now that Schöne isn't as good as before Anwar has been one of the consistently most dangerous players Ajax have. It's not really that impressive since danger is very relative in Ajax' game lately, but out of all the attackers, he and Arek have been the most potent so far.

His dribbling is pretty good, he suffers from his sheer predictability, but his control has been better than what I'm used to seeing from him. Kishna always seemed more of a dribber to me, but I dare say that Anwar has been better than him in terms of pure dribbling, it's just that Kishna has a massive AGI advantage.

He probably deserves a few updates, but I want to wait for a few matches to make any concrete suggestions.
jurgens wrote:i could take a shit on my keyboard and produce something that has more relevance in game

jurgens wrote:the only muscle you'll ever have is that of a better man than yous cock

jurgens wrote:Do it yourself you smelly bean dipping porfavor
FernandoA13
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby FernandoA13 » 2015 Feb 09, 14:27

Roy wrote:I've been impressed by him. Now that Schöne isn't as good as before Anwar has been one of the consistently most dangerous players Ajax have. It's not really that impressive since danger is very relative in Ajax' game lately, but out of all the attackers, he and Arek have been the most potent so far.

His dribbling is pretty good, he suffers from his sheer predictability, but his control has been better than what I'm used to seeing from him. Kishna always seemed more of a dribber to me, but I dare say that Anwar has been better than him in terms of pure dribbling, it's just that Kishna has a massive AGI advantage.

He probably deserves a few updates, but I want to wait for a few matches to make any concrete suggestions.
Like i said before, and i'm glad you see it now. Kishna and El-Ghazi are talents. People just need to be a bit patient, and i hope de Boer is. Let them play 7/8 straight. I already saw a lot of youth matches because of my course from them when i made those comments. El-Ghazi seems in a good flow regarding DA right now, but Kishna also had his moments in the past. The thing is... they are both inconsistent, and specially Kishna. But that's part of the game with the skills they have. Sometimes it just doesn't work out and then a couple matches it does. And they probably trying to do the same whats on there mind on those occasions. But to make my point clear: i know Kishna has been sloppy with his dribbling, but i'm almost sure he will suprise a lot of people when he gets his dribbling back to ''normal'' like i seen him a lot of times. Altough i like both players, and without being disrespectful, Anwar seems to be copying Cristiano Ronaldo style. Which isn't a bad idea ofcourse, but i like Kishna more, because that kid has his own way and is more unpredictable in form.
Sporting Clube de Portugal meu amor / Working on new sets and updating Liga Sagres
Roy
PSD Elite

Postby Roy » 2015 Feb 09, 14:35

Quite right. I'm a massive fan of Kishna myself, surprisingly exactly because of what you just said (unpredictability) but I also acknowledge him as a completely selfish idiot who's miles from being the player he feels he is.

Anwar is more of a man-for-the-job type of player, far more basic, but currently a lot more potent.
jurgens wrote:i could take a shit on my keyboard and produce something that has more relevance in game

jurgens wrote:the only muscle you'll ever have is that of a better man than yous cock

FernandoA13

Postby FernandoA13 » 2015 Feb 09, 14:41

Roy wrote:Quite right. I'm a massive fan of Kishna myself, surprisingly exactly because of what you just said (unpredictability) but I also acknowledge him as a completely selfish idiot who's miles from being the player he feels he is.
That's my main concern, his huge ego, but it can go both ways. Or he becomes one of those football diva's who perform 1 in 5 matches or maybe with Raiola beside him with his advice and criticism he could turn into something like Ibrahimovic (regarding fulfilling his full potential and being full of himself :lol: ) which nobody ever thought when he was at Ajax.
Sporting Clube de Portugal meu amor / Working on new sets and updating Liga Sagres
Roy
PSD Elite

Postby Roy » 2015 Feb 21, 09:38

He's shown some mental acceleration and speed at times, not during his longer on-the-ball sprints, but sometimes he just has these short bursts of tremendous speed, far higher than the current stats at least.

Fides

Postby Fides » 2015 Mar 17, 10:56

I dont think Anwar is this inconsistent to deserve 3 for form.
Roy
PSD Elite

Postby Roy » 2015 Mar 17, 11:46

Was never updated, he's probably 4 or 5.

Fides

Postby Fides » 2015 Aug 16, 08:39

I know its a bit quick, but I think its clear he developed his shot power. Its more like 85+ then the current 82. Also his BB is easily 81-82.
mcmattie
PSD Elite

Postby mcmattie » 2015 Aug 16, 08:48

I'm not convinced on SP. I wouldn't change that yet. When looking at his shooting, I think his SA and ST are clearly both better than 70.
I agree on higher BB.
Roy
PSD Elite

Postby Roy » 2015 Sep 02, 13:03

Given him a well-deserved update. One of Ajax's better players this season, currently the biggest threat they have.

Fides

Postby Fides » 2015 Sep 05, 15:19

He uses his left foot really often. Easily a 6 or 7 for WFF. WFA could be a 5.

Also I think his crossing is more about speed then accuracy. When he is at the side line he usually just blasts them to the goal area. More like LPA: 73 LPS: 80 than the current values.
Roy
PSD Elite

Postby Roy » 2015 Sep 07, 10:48

Fides wrote:He uses his left foot really often. Easily a 6 or 7 for WFF. WFA could be a 5.

Also I think his crossing is more about speed then accuracy. When he is at the side line he usually just blasts them to the goal area. More like LPA: 73 LPS: 80 than the current values.

His LPA should probably be a bit lower probably, but I'm not sure whether he should be whites already, I mean, we all know he's capable of greens pretty comfortably.

Putting him on 75 for now.

Fides

Postby Fides » 2015 Sep 13, 10:23

I decided to update his WFF. I watched this closely again yesterday, and he uses he left foot very often. Also added S20 - Double Touch.
jcmerlo91
Former Lurker

Postby jcmerlo91 » 2016 Oct 10, 00:35

there will be an update?
Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Postby Vickingo » 2017 Oct 31, 14:24

Watched the game vs Marsella and highlights from the other 9 matches this season. This guy seemed to me like a talented player but so much brainless where he's supposed to be dangerous. He makes some good dribbles, he's got the talent, it's visible. He does make some good diagonals and movements from the side to the centre and has a good SP. BUT I think Bielsa isn't comfortable with such low performances, or at least, not as good as he supposed to perform imo.

Probably he's the clear example of a very decent player with no attacking intelligence and quite disorganizated in terms of tactic who the coach must recover. If this guy could make the 20% of things he insinuates, then Lille has a good potential, otherwise he'll be as much as useless he's being this season.
TheShocker
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby TheShocker » 2018 Oct 20, 13:32

At Aston Villa, he was used also in the left side in the 4-4-2/4-2-3-1 systems under Steve Bruce so maybe he can have Side:B and add SMF too.
Intr-un judet plin de curve ros'albastre,noi suntem singurii ce iubim culorile noastre! Forza FC ARGES! https://fotbalclubarges.ro/
anOKguy
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby anOKguy » 2019 Mar 22, 14:52

I would appreciate Ocrin’s input if possible, but I would list him as something in need of a substantial att decrease. He’s fairly mindless in attack too often wasting many opportunities. He’s got good physical and on the ball skills, but doesn’t turn it into much. Not a guy that makes good runs and I would be in favor of a tw decrease by a handful of points too
anOKguy
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby anOKguy » 2019 May 15, 21:37

The more games I watch the worse his crossing seems to be. Decent speed that can stay the same, but probably fine with 72 lpa

Return to “Aston Villa FC”