Jack Grealish

Moderators: BigStu, anOKguy, Welbeck19, Phil, Brahms, Jez, Mod's

User avatar
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone
Posts: 20491
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 12:06
Been thanked: 568 times

Jack Grealish

Postby PES Stats Database » 2015 Apr 25, 17:30

Image

josev
Regular Poster
Posts: 322
Joined: 2012 Jan 20, 07:54
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 119 times

Re: Jack Grealish

Postby josev » 2020 Jan 17, 14:11

isn't he also stronger than 71?
anOKguy
PSD Loyalty Program Member
Posts: 2284
Joined: 2014 Dec 14, 16:53
Has thanked: 966 times
Been thanked: 883 times

Re: Jack Grealish

Postby anOKguy » 2020 Jan 17, 14:47

josev wrote:isn't he also stronger than 71?

Definitely, so basically early last season before his injury this guy was just going down at the slightest touch and not fighting for anything mentally or physically. Then he came back from his injury and went on a tear and has kept it up at the next level. He can be low greens I would bet now (76?). There are a good number of upgrades he needs now. This set mostly represents him before that injury and not as much the past year. What do you think of his dribbling by chance, Josev?
josev
Regular Poster
Posts: 322
Joined: 2012 Jan 20, 07:54
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 119 times

Re: Jack Grealish

Postby josev » 2020 Jan 17, 16:52

i only have some brief impressions of him and highlights, so i'm not suggesting numbers, but regarding strength, he does go down often, but it seems "tactical", he just likes drawing fouls, but when it is required he can stand his ground, he also looks bulkier than i remember him before, i could be wrong though. his dribbling is definitely his best asset, he's incredibly smart with it, da looked a point or two higher to me, sometimes i've seen great ds from him too, but again i don't have enough sample size to judge it
anOKguy
PSD Loyalty Program Member
Posts: 2284
Joined: 2014 Dec 14, 16:53
Has thanked: 966 times
Been thanked: 883 times

Re: Jack Grealish

Postby anOKguy » 2020 Feb 16, 15:53

josev wrote:i only have some brief impressions of him and highlights, so i'm not suggesting numbers, but regarding strength, he does go down often, but it seems "tactical", he just likes drawing fouls, but when it is required he can stand his ground, he also looks bulkier than i remember him before, i could be wrong though. his dribbling is definitely his best asset, he's incredibly smart with it, da looked a point or two higher to me, sometimes i've seen great ds from him too, but again i don't have enough sample size to judge it

I want to back up this. For me he has really grown and matured his game over the past 12 months since the comeback from an injury. His DS has always been really good, but he used to just ALWAYS slow down but now shows off his array of moves and has some incredible foot speed. I think the DA is 1-2 points higher as you point out... and DS can go into 90 territory. Attack is another thing I want to mention, I think he needs to be 80 territory with the amount of danger he creates from everything. It is a transformation in his game where he is just a lot more lethal and less looking to add to his skills compilation video. As Whoah noted, tech can get a raise to mid yellows with 85 being a very worthy number in my mind, there are way fewer shit touches now in his game and more high quality ones. Mentality and TW both upper greens bordering yellow. He has really become a lot less selfish and does not force it alone aside from once or twice a game where you can't really even hold it against him. Stamina is something that flew under the radar, he is a very fit young lad and carrying an immense burden from start to finish without a break, to me he seems in the mid yellow tier and potentially higher. He presses from kickoff to the final kick now with defense also needing a few points closer to 50 range.

Basically this guy went from a really talented player with real limitations and flaws (mostly mental) to one that got his shit together and turned his game up to the next level and is ridiculously consistent at that (form raise in my books minimum 5 but looks a lot more 6 since I am struggling to remember any real poor form in the last year+).

To sum up what I would change:
Attack: 76 -> 81
Defense: 41 -> 48
Stamina: 77 -> 85
Dribble Accuracy: 85 -> 87
Dribble Speed: 85 -> 90
Technique: 81 -> 85
Mentality: 68 -> 79(?)
Teamwork: 75 -> 78
Condition/Fitness: 4 -> 5/6
User avatar
godsplan
New Stat Maker
Posts: 207
Joined: 2018 Aug 15, 21:08
Has thanked: 112 times
Been thanked: 110 times

Re: Jack Grealish

Postby godsplan » 2020 Feb 16, 18:32

Agree with everything said here, he's an absolute baller. Pep can exaggerate but he wasn't wrong when he labelled him one of the best players in the league. He just has "it", it's hard to describe but he just oozes star power.


If De Bruyne and crew leave City, he'd be ridiculous there.

What a player.
josev
Regular Poster
Posts: 322
Joined: 2012 Jan 20, 07:54
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 119 times

Re: Jack Grealish

Postby josev » 2020 Feb 17, 10:12

anOKguy wrote:I want to back up this. For me he has really grown and matured his game over the past 12 months since the comeback from an injury. His DS has always been really good, but he used to just ALWAYS slow down but now shows off his array of moves and has some incredible foot speed. I think the DA is 1-2 points higher as you point out... and DS can go into 90 territory. Attack is another thing I want to mention, I think he needs to be 80 territory with the amount of danger he creates from everything. It is a transformation in his game where he is just a lot more lethal and less looking to add to his skills compilation video. As Whoah noted, tech can get a raise to mid yellows with 85 being a very worthy number in my mind, there are way fewer shit touches now in his game and more high quality ones. Mentality and TW both upper greens bordering yellow. He has really become a lot less selfish and does not force it alone aside from once or twice a game where you can't really even hold it against him. Stamina is something that flew under the radar, he is a very fit young lad and carrying an immense burden from start to finish without a break, to me he seems in the mid yellow tier and potentially higher. He presses from kickoff to the final kick now with defense also needing a few points closer to 50 range.

Basically this guy went from a really talented player with real limitations and flaws (mostly mental) to one that got his shit together and turned his game up to the next level and is ridiculously consistent at that (form raise in my books minimum 5 but looks a lot more 6 since I am struggling to remember any real poor form in the last year+).

To sum up what I would change:
Attack: 76 -> 81
Defense: 41 -> 48
Stamina: 77 -> 85
Dribble Accuracy: 85 -> 87
Dribble Speed: 85 -> 90
Technique: 81 -> 85
Mentality: 68 -> 79(?)
Teamwork: 75 -> 78
Condition/Fitness: 4 -> 5/6

looks good, but are you sure about 90 ds? should probably have higher shooting stats too
anOKguy
PSD Loyalty Program Member
Posts: 2284
Joined: 2014 Dec 14, 16:53
Has thanked: 966 times
Been thanked: 883 times

Re: Jack Grealish

Postby anOKguy » 2020 Feb 17, 18:13

Spoiler: show
josev wrote:
anOKguy wrote:I want to back up this. For me he has really grown and matured his game over the past 12 months since the comeback from an injury. His DS has always been really good, but he used to just ALWAYS slow down but now shows off his array of moves and has some incredible foot speed. I think the DA is 1-2 points higher as you point out... and DS can go into 90 territory. Attack is another thing I want to mention, I think he needs to be 80 territory with the amount of danger he creates from everything. It is a transformation in his game where he is just a lot more lethal and less looking to add to his skills compilation video. As Whoah noted, tech can get a raise to mid yellows with 85 being a very worthy number in my mind, there are way fewer shit touches now in his game and more high quality ones. Mentality and TW both upper greens bordering yellow. He has really become a lot less selfish and does not force it alone aside from once or twice a game where you can't really even hold it against him. Stamina is something that flew under the radar, he is a very fit young lad and carrying an immense burden from start to finish without a break, to me he seems in the mid yellow tier and potentially higher. He presses from kickoff to the final kick now with defense also needing a few points closer to 50 range.

Basically this guy went from a really talented player with real limitations and flaws (mostly mental) to one that got his shit together and turned his game up to the next level and is ridiculously consistent at that (form raise in my books minimum 5 but looks a lot more 6 since I am struggling to remember any real poor form in the last year+).

To sum up what I would change:
Attack: 76 -> 81
Defense: 41 -> 48
Stamina: 77 -> 85
Dribble Accuracy: 85 -> 87
Dribble Speed: 85 -> 90
Technique: 81 -> 85
Mentality: 68 -> 79(?)
Teamwork: 75 -> 78
Condition/Fitness: 4 -> 5/6

looks good, but are you sure about 90 ds? should probably have higher shooting stats too

Forgot shooting, but yeah definitely! I do think just given his ability to really manipulate the ball in tight spaces are really high. When Ocrin was talking to me in PM about Camavinga a day or two ago I noticed a lot of similarities in this aspect of being able to make tiny last second movements to keep play alive or draw a foul. Grealish has a great display of this on the touch line vs Toby yesterday and in each of the 3 fouls he drew in the first 6 minutes of the game. Also, free roaming card needs to be applied, the dude drifts anywhere and everywhere. Also, his ST I would have above SA (which should be 71-73 range) and likely 73-74 range ST.
jurgens
Clear
Posts: 10291
Joined: 2009 Jul 19, 15:33
Has thanked: 2462 times
Been thanked: 1329 times

Re: Jack Grealish

Postby jurgens » 2020 Feb 17, 23:38

if hes 90 DS, he shouldn't be 82 TS, cause he moves pretty slowly on the ball? I mean, he moves while running with it, and doesn't seem to lose much speed, but he's not eating up ground, you know? I don't know if it's his style, or hes just slowish in general, but I'm pretty sure 82/90 represents a much more aggressive speedster than Grealish is. I dunno about 90 DS, I havn't seen his recent performances, but hes someone who has no trouble moving at speeds, but I haven't seen him really looking like hes trying to reach upper levels of speed on the ball, everything he does seems to be at a slower more methodical pace, even when running on the ball, if that makes sense.

Not really agreeing or disagreeing here, as I'm not sure myself, mostly just food for thought.
anOKguy
PSD Loyalty Program Member
Posts: 2284
Joined: 2014 Dec 14, 16:53
Has thanked: 966 times
Been thanked: 883 times

Re: Jack Grealish

Postby anOKguy » 2020 Feb 20, 12:50

jurgens wrote:if hes 90 DS, he shouldn't be 82 TS, cause he moves pretty slowly on the ball? I mean, he moves while running with it, and doesn't seem to lose much speed, but he's not eating up ground, you know? I don't know if it's his style, or hes just slowish in general, but I'm pretty sure 82/90 represents a much more aggressive speedster than Grealish is. I dunno about 90 DS, I havn't seen his recent performances, but hes someone who has no trouble moving at speeds, but I haven't seen him really looking like hes trying to reach upper levels of speed on the ball, everything he does seems to be at a slower more methodical pace, even when running on the ball, if that makes sense.

Not really agreeing or disagreeing here, as I'm not sure myself, mostly just food for thought.

Definitely does! I’m tinkering with it exactly and am thinking of potentially a little decrease to TS and ACC, but still trying to flesh everything out. He’s been doing really good at being able to carry at high high speeds over the last 2-3 months when I catch him (barely did earlier in the year). For the longest time as noted he just slows to a walk. Now more and more he is taking it and just running immediately and showing the DS we know he has but doesn’t always utilize. He still does the slowing down a lot, but has shown that higher ability more and more. The 87 I feel is definitely fair especially with the speed as you note. I’m looking to see if this continues and the potential above is worth exploring more - should have made a note on that during my initial post.

TW is the other thing I am still trying to gauge properly as it could be really good. He resists the urge to just drop too close and beg for the ball anymore since he has some players that can deliver the ball to good and advanced positions, but the bad tendency does still creep in at times.

Work in progress :)
7Jonathan28
New Stat Maker
Posts: 137
Joined: 2019 Nov 27, 19:38
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Jack Grealish

Postby 7Jonathan28 » 2020 Feb 21, 03:02

anOKguy wrote:
josev wrote:i only have some brief impressions of him and highlights, so i'm not suggesting numbers, but regarding strength, he does go down often, but it seems "tactical", he just likes drawing fouls, but when it is required he can stand his ground, he also looks bulkier than i remember him before, i could be wrong though. his dribbling is definitely his best asset, he's incredibly smart with it, da looked a point or two higher to me, sometimes i've seen great ds from him too, but again i don't have enough sample size to judge it

I want to back up this. For me he has really grown and matured his game over the past 12 months since the comeback from an injury. His DS has always been really good, but he used to just ALWAYS slow down but now shows off his array of moves and has some incredible foot speed. I think the DA is 1-2 points higher as you point out... and DS can go into 90 territory. Attack is another thing I want to mention, I think he needs to be 80 territory with the amount of danger he creates from everything. It is a transformation in his game where he is just a lot more lethal and less looking to add to his skills compilation video. As Whoah noted, tech can get a raise to mid yellows with 85 being a very worthy number in my mind, there are way fewer shit touches now in his game and more high quality ones. Mentality and TW both upper greens bordering yellow. He has really become a lot less selfish and does not force it alone aside from once or twice a game where you can't really even hold it against him. Stamina is something that flew under the radar, he is a very fit young lad and carrying an immense burden from start to finish without a break, to me he seems in the mid yellow tier and potentially higher. He presses from kickoff to the final kick now with defense also needing a few points closer to 50 range.

Basically this guy went from a really talented player with real limitations and flaws (mostly mental) to one that got his shit together and turned his game up to the next level and is ridiculously consistent at that (form raise in my books minimum 5 but looks a lot more 6 since I am struggling to remember any real poor form in the last year+).

To sum up what I would change:
Attack: 76 -> 81
Defense: 41 -> 48
Stamina: 77 -> 85
Dribble Accuracy: 85 -> 87
Dribble Speed: 85 -> 90
Technique: 81 -> 85
Mentality: 68 -> 79(?)
Teamwork: 75 -> 78
Condition/Fitness: 4 -> 5/6


Don't know about 90 DS, imho he is more technical gifted than speedster. He's really good at dribbling cause it's one of his biggest asset, but when he wants to take ons his enemies, he's little slow, because he uses his skills, and that's why he got Trickster card. So, I'll suggest that his DA is higher than his DS.

Return to “Aston Villa FC”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests