Greek Super League - Players to be created ( Updated - 11/4)

Moderators: bitz, Houy, stavrello7, Mod's

User avatar
PES Stats Database
Posts: 18348
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 12:06
Been thanked: 445 times

Greek Super League - Players to be created ( Updated - 11/4)

Postby PES Stats Database » 2011 Oct 23, 10:08

High Priority
Medium Priority
Low Priority

AE LARISA
Image

_blr -#17 Evgeni Shikavka
_srb-#30 Stefan Zivkovic
_cro -#28 Slavko Bralic
_mkd -#95 Davor Taleski
_gre -#44 Panagiotis Ballas
_______________________________________________________________

AEK ATHENS
Image

_gre -#33 Georgios Giannoutsos
_______________________________________________________________

AO XANTHI
Image

_gre -#15 Okan Chatziterzoglou
_gre -#1 Athanasios Garavelis
_______________________________________________________________

APOLLON SMYRNIS
Image

_bra -#8 Thomás
_lib -#94 Hilal El-Helwe
_ita -#30 Christian D'Urso
_arg -#33 Germán Rivero
_ger -#97 Kofi Schulz
_gre -#69 Christos Agrodimos
_alb -#6 Klodian Gino
_gre -#97 Lefteris Astras
_______________________________________________________________

Aris Thessaloniki FC
Image

_por -#3 Hugo Sousa
_gre -#14 Charalampos Pavlidis
_aus -#12 Charalampos Stampoulidis
_gre -#1 Alexandros Anagnostopoulos
_______________________________________________________________

FC ASTERAS TRIPOLIS
Image

_arg -#2 Patricio Matricardi
_gre -#90 Giannis Bastianos
_______________________________________________________________

ATROMITOS ATHENS
Image

_pol -#22 Dawid Kort
_____________________________________________________________

LEVADIAKOS FC
Image

_srb -#19 Vladimir Bajic
_srb-#22 Marko Stanojevic
_gre -#99 Fotis Ioannidis
_geo -#88 Giorgi Rekhviashvili
_______________________________________________________________

OFI Crete
Image

_gre -#22 Panagiotis Deligiannidis
_swe -#94 Erik Pärsson
_tun -#27 Ismaïl Sassi
_gre -#5 Leonidas Argyropoulos
_gre -#20 Dimitrios Komesidis
_gre -#44 Manolis Bolakis
_gre -#1 Giannis Dermitzakis
_gre -#23 Angelos Ikonomou
_______________________________________________________________

OLYMPIAKOS FC
Image

_______________________________________________________________

PANATHINAIKOS A.O.
Image

_gre-#33 Panagiotis Armenakas
_gre-#32 Epaminondas Pantelakis
_ned -#29 Mark Sifneos
________________________________________________________________

PANETOLIKOS FC
Image

_por -#60 Frederico Duarte
_gre -#33 Stathis Vasiloudis
_gre -#98 Stathis Belevonis
_______________________________________________________________

PANIONIOS G.S.S.
Image

_fra -#1 Jérémy Malherbe
_fra -#4 Maxime De Taddeo
_aus-#6 Peter Makrillos
____________________________________________________________

PAOK
Image

_isl -#4 Sverrir Ingi Ingason
_cro -#29 Josip Misic
_gre -#99 Marios Siabanis
___________________________________________________________

PAS GIANNINA
Image

_srb -#35 Dusan Pantelic
_geo -#17 Lasha Shergelashvili
_gre -#19 Giannis Kargas
_gre -#44 Stefanos Evangelou
_ukr -#99 Vladyslav Naumets
_______________________________________________________________

PAS LAMIA
Image

_gre -#61 Konstantinos Bouloulis
_gre -#3 Iordanis Papargyriou
_____________________________________________________________

User avatar
Markain
Posts: 56
Joined: 2016 Dec 10, 12:22
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Greek Super League - Players to be created ( Updated - 01/5 )

Postby Markain » 2018 May 13, 10:31

As I believe,Barkas was the MVP for AEK in the Cup Final yesterday.He has saved a penalty kick from Prijovic.He was good enough at 1 on 1 conditions.In addition,he was called in National team again for the friendly match against Saudi Arabia.He wasn't as unsafe as was during of previous matches.
User avatar
Houy
Posts: 1493
Joined: 2015 Apr 28, 12:54
Has thanked: 299 times
Been thanked: 371 times

Re: Greek Super League - Players to be created ( Updated - 01/5 )

Postby Houy » 2018 May 13, 12:43

Markain wrote:As I believe,Barkas was the MVP for AEK in the Cup Final yesterday.He has saved a penalty kick from Prijovic.He was good enough at 1 on 1 conditions.In addition,he was called in National team again for the friendly match against Saudi Arabia.He wasn't as unsafe as was during of previous matches.


Yeah he was great, his reflexes really look exceptional. I went through the highlights of his games this season and i'm getting the same impression that he is high 80s bordering 90s for Resp, perhaps not as consistently sharp yet for 90 but just below that ? Haven't seen something more than 75/76 Gks from him though

Also he looks noodle legged like Proto, agile and quick to take off for a save.
User avatar
Markain
Posts: 56
Joined: 2016 Dec 10, 12:22
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Greek Super League - Players to be created ( Updated - 01/5 )

Postby Markain » 2018 May 22, 11:47

According to "unsafe",it's incorrect.I'm sorry!
User avatar
Markain
Posts: 56
Joined: 2016 Dec 10, 12:22
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Greek Super League - Players to be created ( Updated - 01/5 )

Postby Markain » 2018 May 22, 13:17

I would suggest to create Hugo Cuypers of Ergotelis F.C.He is 21 years old,Belgian,height 185cm,right footed.He has scored 22 goals and has given 3 assists in 28 matches and claims the top scorrer title for Football League.I quote a video.He seems to me more than fox-to-box striker from his goals...
User avatar
Houy
Posts: 1493
Joined: 2015 Apr 28, 12:54
Has thanked: 299 times
Been thanked: 371 times

Re: Greek Super League - Players to be created ( Updated - 01/5 )

Postby Houy » 2018 May 24, 13:05

Markain wrote:According to "unsafe",it's incorrect.I'm sorry!

What ?

Markain wrote:I would suggest to create Hugo Cuypers of Ergotelis F.C.He is 21 years old,Belgian,height 185cm,right footed.He has scored 22 goals and has given 3 assists in 28 matches and claims the top scorrer title for Football League.I quote a video.He seems to me more than fox-to-box striker from his goals...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FHO_gzzQ-0


Seems nice. Descent speed, passing, good Tech, movement off the ball and finishing. Ofcourse, it goes without saying that we will need to wait and actually see him play ;)

Another compilation with his goals, assists and some highlights

User avatar
Houy
Posts: 1493
Joined: 2015 Apr 28, 12:54
Has thanked: 299 times
Been thanked: 371 times

Re: Greek Super League - Players to be created ( Updated - 01/5 )

Postby Houy » 2018 May 29, 11:32

Hey :!: , remember this guy ?

Spoiler: show
Image

Club: OFI
Name: Sergio Leal
Number: 8
Positions: AMF, SS

Nationality: Uruguayan

Height: 181 cm
Weight: 77 kg

Injury Tolerance: B
Foot: R
Side: R

Attack: 75
Defence: 28
Balance: 71
Stamina: 64
Top Speed: 71
Acceleration: 70
Response: 72
Agility: 69
Dribble Accuracy: 80
Dribble Speed: 71
Short Pass Accuracy: 82
Short Pass Speed: 72
Long Pass Accuracy: 79
Long Pass Speed: 71
Shot Accuracy: 69
Shot Power: 80
Shot Technique: 68
Free Kick Accuracy: 75
Curling: 82
Header: 68
Jump: 58
Technique: 82
Aggression: 75
Mentality: 69
Keeper Skills: 50
Teamwork: 73

Condition/Fitness: 2
Weak Foot Accuracy: 5
Weak Foot Frequency: 2

ATTACK / DEFENCE AWARENESS: 3/1

NEW STATS:
Attack Prowess: 75
Defense Prowess: 40
Ball Winning: 40

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Passing
Reaction

PLAYER INDEX CARDS:
Classic No 10

I figured i wouldn't add the set because he might not follow OFI in the first division next season since he's not exactly... in fighting shape. But i thought i might as well post this so we can marvel at him for a bit :mrgreen: . Plus these are my favorite kind of sets.

His name was familiar but i hadn't quite seen him play back in Ergotelis. At the moment he doesn't move much, though he is a decent team player. He is a nice passer and plays in a smooth laid back fashion like an old pro. He gave what he could this season.
User avatar
Houy
Posts: 1493
Joined: 2015 Apr 28, 12:54
Has thanked: 299 times
Been thanked: 371 times

Re: Greek Super League - Players to be created ( Updated - 01/5 )

Postby Houy » 2018 Jun 08, 13:54

Here's a sort of experimental base for Sawadogo from Levadiakos. Seemed real interesting, a beast with good attacking instincts and a good defensive workrate. Possibly can't play full games looking at his minutes ? Could make a real impact next season if he's in proper shape.

WF

Height: 174 cm
Foot: R

Attack: 69
Defence: 52
Balance: 80
Stamina: 68
Top Speed: 79
Acceleration: 91
Response: 72
Agility: 88
Dribble Accuracy: 78
Dribble Speed: 84
Short Pass Accuracy: 69
Short Pass Speed: 69
Long Pass Accuracy: 66
Long Pass Speed: 69
Shot Accuracy: 72
Shot Power: 75
Shot Technique: 70
Free Kick Accuracy: 55
Curling: 68
Header: 65
Jump: 76
Technique: 76
Aggression: 80
Mentality: 70
Keeper Skills: 50
Teamwork: 65

Condition/Fitness: ?
Weak Foot Accuracy: 7
Weak Foot Frequency: 6

* Dribbling

Iincicive run?
User avatar
Houy
Posts: 1493
Joined: 2015 Apr 28, 12:54
Has thanked: 299 times
Been thanked: 371 times

Re: Greek Super League - Players to be created ( Updated - 01/5 )

Postby Houy » 2018 Jun 13, 10:09


Check out this Orest Kuzyk Pas signed ! that's some insane tech there among other things.
User avatar
Houy
Posts: 1493
Joined: 2015 Apr 28, 12:54
Has thanked: 299 times
Been thanked: 371 times

Re: Greek Super League - Players to be created ( Updated - 01/5 )

Postby Houy » 2018 Jun 22, 12:16

vs vids of Paok's new signing, Léo Jabá from last season
Spoiler: show






User avatar
petreleo
Posts: 1871
Joined: 2013 Nov 03, 10:28
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Has thanked: 188 times
Been thanked: 184 times

Re: Greek Super League - Players to be created ( Updated - 20/9 )

Postby petreleo » 2019 Jan 05, 20:05

Joan Tomàs:
Spoiler: show
Image

Club: AEK Larnaca _cyp
Full Name: Joan Tomàs Campasol
Name: Joan Tomàs
Shirt Name: JOAN TOMAS.J
Number: 10
Positions: AM, CM, SM, WF, SS

Nationality: Spanish _esp
Age: 33 (17/05/1985)

Height: 167 cm
Weight: 69 kg

Injury Tolerance: B
Foot: R
Side: L

Attack: 73
Defence: 45
Balance: 74
Stamina: 77
Top Speed: 75
Acceleration: 76
Response: 77
Agility: 78
Dribble Accuracy: 80
Dribble Speed: 77
Short Pass Accuracy: 77
Short Pass Speed: 76
Long Pass Accuracy: 75
Long Pass Speed: 75
Shot Accuracy: 74
Shot Power: 79
Shot Technique: 75
Free Kick Accuracy: 73
Curling: 77
Header: 69
Jump: 73
Technique: 80
Aggression: 80
Mentality: 73
Keeper Skills: 50
Teamwork: 77

Condition/Fitness: 4
Weak Foot Accuracy: 6
Weak Foot Frequency: 5

ATTACK / DEFENCE AWARENESS: 3/2

NEW STATS:
Attack Prowess: 75
Defense Prowess: 56
Ball Winning: 64

GOALKEEPER STATS:
Catching: 40
Clearing: 40
Reflexes: 40
Coverage: 40

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

PLAYER INDEX CARDS:
P13 - Free Roaming

MOTION STYLE:


Here is a Set I have for new Lamia signing, Joan Tomàs, from his time for many years at AEK Larnaca that released him today.
Came to Cyprus for AEK Larnaca exactly 5 years ago mainly as a Secondary-Striker and a Left-Winger playing with opposite-foot in a similar fashion like Mata plays on the Right. A fairly pacey player with good goal-poaching instincts back then, and he was playing like that for AEK Larnaca as well for his first few years at their club. Then however, his playing-style evolved as he was influenced greatly by his team's style of play; possession football. Became mainly an Attacking-Midfielder/No.10, and a better passer than he was before when he first came, especially at short-passes. An integral part of their team for many years, defining their style of play, he was even playing as a CM/AM for them at some instances in a 4-1-4-1 system especially for two Seasons under Thomas Christiansen, and while he became a better passer, he also retained his goal-poaching abilities.
Then approximately two years ago, he suffered a significant injury in a derby Vs APOEL, and missed the biggest part of the rest of the Season. When he reterned from his injury, he was never the same player as before. Physically he has declined significantly, especially regarding his pace, and as a result he never was an undisputed starter for AEK Larnaca any more after his injury, especially this Season. Currently he is a great technical player and passer, with fairly good goal-scoring instincts, however not so much of a speedy dribbler as before, but more of a pass-and-move player. I think he would be a good addition for Lamia, I haven't watched him much this Season, so maybe his speed-stats should be even lower than this Set I have created for him this Summer, if they have declined even further.
User avatar
Houy
Posts: 1493
Joined: 2015 Apr 28, 12:54
Has thanked: 299 times
Been thanked: 371 times

Re: Greek Super League - Players to be created ( Updated - 12/1 )

Postby Houy » 2019 Jan 13, 18:13

Image
Full Name: Alef dos Santos Saldanha
Club: AEK Athens
Spoiler: show
Name: Alef dos Santos
Shirt Name: ALEF
Number: 95
Positions: DM, CM

Nationality: Brazilian _bra
Age: 23 (28/01/1995)

Height: 186 cm
Weight: 77 kg

Injury Tolerance: B
Foot: R
Side: B

Attack: 68
Defence: 69
Balance: 86
Stamina: 77
Top Speed: 71
Acceleration: 69
Response: 74
Agility: 72
Dribble Accuracy: 78
Dribble Speed: 70
Short Pass Accuracy: 77
Short Pass Speed: 75
Long Pass Accuracy: 82
Long Pass Speed: 77
Shot Accuracy: 62
Shot Power: 78
Shot Technique: 66
Free Kick Accuracy:
Curling: 68
Header: 68
Jump: 77
Technique: 79
Aggression: 67
Mentality: 68
Keeper Skills:
Teamwork: 78

Condition/Fitness: 4
Weak Foot Accuracy: 5
Weak Foot Frequency: 4

ATTACK / DEFENCE AWARENESS: 2/2

NEW STATS:
Attack Prowess: 68
Defense Prowess: 75
Ball Winning: 69

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Centre

PLAYER INDEX CARDS:
P06 - Pinpoint Pass
S22 - Sombrero


A set for Alef. He is not having a very good season at Aek but that has more to do with what the team needed instead of him in midfield, a more clearly offense oriented CM to initiate attecks and organize the game. Ofcourse his pairing with Simões made for a docile midfield far from ideal for a possession based game, especially since the only other option is Galanopoulos.

Personally i think he makes a decent pivot, it's just not what the team needs atm. Technically he is quite solid, strong, has a very neat long pass in him. His game doesn't have the needed influence though, he is not creative enough in attack and not combative enough in defense. His Stamina looked rather average for a midfielder, not that good in terms of tenacity/concentration either from what i've seen.

Petreleo you've posted a set for him as well in the other thread, if you'd like give us some of your thoughts too .
User avatar
petreleo
Posts: 1871
Joined: 2013 Nov 03, 10:28
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Has thanked: 188 times
Been thanked: 184 times

Re: Greek Super League - Players to be created ( Updated - 12/1 )

Postby petreleo » 2019 Jan 14, 02:15

Houy wrote:Image
Full Name: Alef dos Santos Saldanha
Club: AEK Athens
Spoiler: show
Name: Alef dos Santos
Shirt Name: ALEF
Number: 95
Positions: DM, CM

Nationality: Brazilian _bra
Age: 23 (28/01/1995)

Height: 186 cm
Weight: 77 kg

Injury Tolerance: B
Foot: R
Side: B

Attack: 68
Defence: 69
Balance: 86
Stamina: 77
Top Speed: 71
Acceleration: 69
Response: 74
Agility: 72
Dribble Accuracy: 78
Dribble Speed: 70
Short Pass Accuracy: 77
Short Pass Speed: 75
Long Pass Accuracy: 82
Long Pass Speed: 77
Shot Accuracy: 62
Shot Power: 78
Shot Technique: 66
Free Kick Accuracy:
Curling: 68
Header: 68
Jump: 77
Technique: 79
Aggression: 67
Mentality: 68
Keeper Skills:
Teamwork: 78

Condition/Fitness: 4
Weak Foot Accuracy: 5
Weak Foot Frequency: 4

ATTACK / DEFENCE AWARENESS: 2/2

NEW STATS:
Attack Prowess: 68
Defense Prowess: 75
Ball Winning: 69

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Centre

PLAYER INDEX CARDS:
P06 - Pinpoint Pass
S22 - Sombrero


A set for Alef. He is not having a very good season at Aek but that has more to do with what the team needed instead of him in midfield, a more clearly offense oriented CM to initiate attecks and organize the game. Ofcourse his pairing with Simões made for a docile midfield far from ideal for a possession based game, especially since the only other option is Galanopoulos.

Personally i think he makes a decent pivot, it's just not what the team needs atm. Technically he is quite solid, strong, has a very neat long pass in him. His game doesn't have the needed influence though, he is not creative enough in attack and not combative enough in defense. His Stamina looked rather average for a midfielder, not that good in terms of tenacity/concentration either from what i've seen.

Petreleo you've posted a set for him as well in the other thread, if you'd like give us some of your thoughts too .


You've made a good work, but we do have a couple of disagreements as natural :).
Well he had been one of Apollon Limassol's best and most used players last Season.
He was signed to be Hambos Kyriakou's replacement because he was loaned-out to Estoril last Season. Alef seemed like a modern-day version of "Anchor-Man"; last man of midfield, good mobility and ball distribution, in contrast to the no-nonsense style of "Anchor-Men" of the past. However, at Apollon Limassol he very rarely played there, because another prominent player, Sachetti was playing as a Defensive-Midfield destroyer. As a result, Alef played slightly more advanced as a CM/DM hybrid next to Sachetti, and as a Center-Back, rather than in his favourite "Anchor-Man" Defensive-Midfield position, but nevertheless excelling in any position he played.
Because of his impressive performances at Apollon last Season, APOEL were also very interested to sign him from Braga for a while, but after he went to AEK they settled with Gentsoglou.
I think that you've rated his technical-stats very well. I might have them slightly lower in my Set, but your's are good as well. A great technical player for the Defensive-Midfield position, especially for a League like Cyprus which is mainly physical, he made a big impression with his technique; both ball retention and distribution, good mature decisions, rarely giving the ball away. On the other hand, he was fairly physical as well, that's why despite having great technique he wasn't negatively affected by the physical nature of the League, as he could withstand the physical nature, and then make the difference with his technique.
The two big differences I have with your Set is his mobility(speed&stamina) and Attack value. As for Speed, he was surely not rapid but in my opinion surely faster in all aspects in relation to your Set. APOEL wanted him in Defensive-Midfield because he is different to what they already have, as being a more pacey, mobile and technical player. Then they signed Gentsoglou who is more of a replica of what they already had in the squad and he is just making-up the numbers, but not offering anything different. Alef is in my opinion definitely faster than Gentsoglou in every single aspect. As for Stamina, when I made his Set last Season I was pretty convinced that 80 was the lowest he could possibly deserve, that's because he had been playing for Apollon week-in and week-out as a starter, and being fairly mobile as well, not talking "Box-to-Box" style, but certainly quite active in the matches, mainly defensively but also attackingly. Having said that, I don't know in what sort of physical condition he is this Season, if he has for example made good Pre-Season, etc. I am talking about last Season, and it is quite possible that it is a different situation this Season, and you have rated him correctly.
About his Attack value, I think it should be lower like in my Set. He had never been a "Box-to-Box" for Apollon(and he did play as a CM/DM hybrid but never went "Box-to-Box") , not really a player who would be making runs to the oppositions box. Not as attacking-minded, not that good attackingly. He did score some goals for Apollon, but I think they were mainly from shots just outside the opposition's box, lurking in the "Scholes" area, and maybe some by connecting to set-piece deliveries if I can remember well. Comparing him with "Box-to-Box" midfielders of the League past&present, Vinicius and Souza, his Attack value should be considerably lower, certainly lower than his Defence value, as he is not such a balanced "Attack-Defence" player(work-rates also to reflect that).
Finally, how did you come with such a high-value for Body-Balance? Maybe you have seen something that I haven't from him that justifies it, maybe he has improved since last Season (I would doubt though that he has to such a great extent). I have not included it in my disagreements because of those reasons, but still would like to know why it is still high as it certainly is an eyebrow-raiser for me. Personally, I have wrote above my opinion on his physicality; physical enough to withstand the physicality of the nature of the League, but never his biggest asset (technique is, maybe mobility is also), 78-80 max in my opinion from what I have seen from him last Season.
With the rest of Stats I have no problem with, some are different than mine, but I can understand from where you come from.
All in all, a player with a great reputation here because of his performances last Season, and he wasn't even playing in his favourite role in most of the time! Him playing as a CM/DM hybrid, you can translate it in any way you want; either as a defensive-minded Central-Midfielder or as a Defensive-Mid with organising duties. He is also better than just an emergency-option for Center-Back. A surprising complete, and all-around balanced player for his young age, with no major flaws. Decently good strength and pace, good stamina and mobility, great passing, and overall technique, calm making correct decisions in most of the time, and tactically decent in comparison to the standard of the League. His only notable flaw is him not being very attacking minded or good attacking-wise as I have said above, but as an "Anchor-Man" he primarily is, it isn't really relevant, is it?

Sorry for the long post, I felt I needed to add some background details to understand what he was doing in Apollon Limassol's team last Season. By the way, I am quoting below my Set from last Season to compare easier:

petreleo wrote:If anybody is interested, here are some Sets I have been working on this Season, including one of the two missing players of 1st-placed APOEL who is also a starter, and some of the most important players of 2nd-placed and Europa-League participants, Apollon Limassol.
...
Alef dos Santos(Apollon Limassol):
Spoiler: show
Image

Club: Apollon Limassol _cyp
Full Name: Alef dos Santos Saldanha
Name: Alef dos Santos
Shirt Name: ALEF
Number: 95
Positions: DM, CB, CM

Nationality: Brazilian _bra
Age: 23 (28/01/1995)

Height: 186 cm
Weight: 77 kg

Injury Tolerance: B
Foot: R
Side: B

Attack: 63
Defence: 68
Balance: 78
Stamina: 80
Top Speed: 76
Acceleration: 76
Response: 76
Agility: 76
Dribble Accuracy: 75
Dribble Speed: 74
Short Pass Accuracy: 76
Short Pass Speed: 75
Long Pass Accuracy: 77
Long Pass Speed: 76
Shot Accuracy: 66
Shot Power: 79
Shot Technique: 67
Free Kick Accuracy: 66
Curling: 67
Header: 70
Jump: 75
Technique: 76
Aggression: 72
Mentality: 74
Keeper Skills: 50
Teamwork: 75

Condition/Fitness: 5
Weak Foot Accuracy: 5
Weak Foot Frequency: 5

ATTACK / DEFENCE AWARENESS: 2/3

NEW STATS:
Attack Prowess: 65
Defense Prowess: 72
Ball Winning: 75

GOALKEEPER STATS:
Catching: 40
Clearing: 40
Reflexes: 40
Coverage: 40

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

PLAYER INDEX CARDS:
P02 - Anchor Man
P06 - Pinpoint Pass
S22 - Sombrero

MOTION STYLE:

One of the revelations of the Season, as not many would have predicted his rapid development this Season as a starter for a team who challenges for the league-title, having only experience from Ponte Preta in Brazil, Merseille B and Sporting Braga B, as well as Umm Salal of Qatar. His loan-spell from Braga to Apollon Limassol is expiring this Summer, and in addition to Apollon Limassol trying to re-sign him for next Season, according to Portuguese press APOEL Nicosia are also showing interest for a permanent transfer of Alef.
He formed a solid Defensive-Midfield partnership with Apollon's long-term Defensive-Midfielder Esteban Sachetti this Season, showing solid defensive positioning, marking and ball-winning ability, and his ball-retention as well as his passing, both short and long have been superb.
Despite Alef being primarily an Anchor-Man Defensive-Midfielder, Sachetti's great defensive qualities and no-nonsense style enabled Alef to play slightly further forward sometimes this Season as a Defensive and Central Midfield hybrid, as a replacement for Hambos Kyriakou who was loaned-out to Estoril Praia in the Summer. He has even featured frequently as Center-Back with great results, even making three Sombrero's as Center-Back in a Cup Quarter-Final Vs Anorthosis Famagusta.
User avatar
Houy
Posts: 1493
Joined: 2015 Apr 28, 12:54
Has thanked: 299 times
Been thanked: 371 times

Re: Greek Super League - Players to be created ( Updated - 12/1 )

Postby Houy » 2019 Jan 14, 05:50

petreleo wrote:Alef seemed like a modern-day version of "Anchor-Man"; last man of midfield, good mobility and ball distribution, in contrast to the no-nonsense style of "Anchor-Men" of the past. However, at Apollon Limassol he very rarely played there, because another prominent player, Sachetti was playing as a Defensive-Midfield destroyer. As a result, Alef played slightly more advanced as a CM/DM hybrid next to Sachetti, and as a Center-Back, rather than in his favorite "Anchor-Man" Defensive-Midfield position, but nevertheless excelling in any position he played.

Seeing a player like Eriksson this year, i am much more particular about that card. An Anchor Man shouldn't just be a DM that stays low and plays centrally, he should supplement the defensive duo regularly and take their place when there's need for it. In Eriksson's case he has an even more complex role but the role fundamentally can be played by more unrefined players, like Nastos here. The important thing is consistently implementing the function of this game-style, even in simple fashion. I haven't seen that from Alef, in fact the lack of a play-style to hone his admittedly good skill-set in makes '' good pivot '' the most complementary description of his role i can give at the moment.
petreleo wrote:About his Attack value, I think it should be lower like in my Set. He had never been a "Box-to-Box" for Apollon(and he did play as a CM/DM hybrid but never went "Box-to-Box") , not really a player who would be making runs to the oppositions box. Not as attacking-minded, not that good attackingly. He did score some goals for Apollon, but I think they were mainly from shots just outside the opposition's box, lurking in the "Scholes" area, and maybe some by connecting to set-piece deliveries if I can remember well. Comparing him with "Box-to-Box" midfielders of the League past&present, Vinicius and Souza, his Attack value should be considerably lower, certainly lower than his Defence value, as he is not such a balanced "Attack-Defence" player(work-rates also to reflect that).

I wouldn't assume the Box-to-Box comparison at all for a DM with 68 Att, 67 Agg and 77 Sta. I think lower Att ( and Agg ) is a fair shout, he is an above average DM in terms of Att though. Certainly not 63.
petreleo wrote:Finally, how did you come with such a high-value for Body-Balance? Maybe you have seen something that I haven't from him that justifies it, maybe he has improved since last Season (I would doubt though that he has to such a great extent). I have not included it in my disagreements because of those reasons, but still would like to know why it is still high as it certainly is an eyebrow-raiser for me. Personally, I have wrote above my opinion on his physicality; physical enough to withstand the physicality of the nature of the League, but never his biggest asset (technique is, maybe mobility is also), 78-80 max in my opinion from what I have seen from him last Season.

He's struck me as a very big player in terms of pure physicality, with great balance to power through presses for retention in the instances players are on him. Not eager to use it to assert himself though , like the set shows, especially to defend. He might not warrant the 86 though, not adamant on this.

His mobility looks very average to me in all sense. I'm inclined to rate his Resp even lower tbh.
petreleo wrote:Him playing as a CM/DM hybrid, you can translate it in any way you want; either as a defensive-minded Central-Midfielder or as a Defensive-Mid with organising duties. He is also better than just an emergency-option for Center-Back. A surprising complete, and all-around balanced player for his young age, with no major flaws. Decently good strength and pace, good stamina and mobility, great passing, and overall technique, calm making correct decisions in most of the time, and tactically decent in comparison to the standard of the League. His only notable flaw is him not being very attacking minded or good attacking-wise as I have said above, but as an "Anchor-Man" he primarily is, it isn't really relevant, is it?

That's a decent description of him, aside from the anchor man part. I'd replace with just plainly not aggressive.

Tactically i consider him to be at a good standard, he might not move much ( i believe so ) but he knows how and moves with awareness in his area of action.

As for technical stats he could be rated a little lower, i felt it'd be better to give him what i consider to be his ceiling in this case and see weather there are strong objections. He is solid technically, low to mid greens aside Lpa , but also kind of inconsistent in his displays .

petreleo wrote:Sorry for the long post, I felt I needed to add some background details to understand what he was doing in Apollon Limassol's team last Season.
That's good obviously. I want to hear opinions on him, it's why i posted the set here ;)

* Sorry, i wrote on your post by mistake when i posted. I reverted everything, it's just why the italics aren't there atm
User avatar
petreleo
Posts: 1871
Joined: 2013 Nov 03, 10:28
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Has thanked: 188 times
Been thanked: 184 times

Re: Greek Super League - Players to be created ( Updated - 12/1 )

Postby petreleo » 2019 Jan 14, 22:31

Houy wrote:Seeing a player like Eriksson this year, i am much more particular about that card. An Anchor Man shouldn't just be a DM that stays low and plays centrally, he should supplement the defensive duo regularly and take their place when there's need for it. In Eriksson's case he has an even more complex role but the role fundamentally can be played by more unrefined players, like Nastos here. The important thing is consistently implementing the function of this game-style, even in simple fashion. I haven't seen that from Alef, in fact the lack of a play-style to hone his admittedly good skill-set in makes '' good pivot '' the most complementary description of his role i can give at the moment.

I wouldn't assume the Box-to-Box comparison at all for a DM with 68 Att, 67 Agg and 77 Sta. I think lower Att ( and Agg ) is a fair shout, he is an above average DM in terms of Att though. Certainly not 63.

He's struck me as a very big player in terms of pure physicality, with great balance to power through presses for retention in the instances players are on him. Not eager to use it to assert himself though , like the set shows, especially to defend. He might not warrant the 86 though, not adamant on this.

His mobility looks very average to me in all sense. I'm inclined to rate his Resp even lower tbh.

That's a decent description of him, aside from the anchor man part. I'd replace with just plainly not aggressive.

Tactically i consider him to be at a good standard, he might not move much ( i believe so ) but he knows how and moves with awareness in his area of action.

As for technical stats he could be rated a little lower, i felt it'd be better to give him what i consider to be his ceiling in this case and see weather there are strong objections. He is solid technically, low to mid greens aside Lpa , but also kind of inconsistent in his displays .

* Sorry, i wrote on your post by mistake when i posted. I reverted everything, it's just why the italics aren't there atm

I agree with you he doesn't seem like a player exactly the same like Eriksson(although I have small knowledge on him, mainly from your descriptions here), but I haven't said on the first place that Alef is exactly like that. I was talking about him being a sort of modern-version of the "Anchor-Man's" role; more forward-thinking or "Brazilian" one, with greater technique and mobility than mainstream no-nonsense ones that were common in the past (not saying that he deserves the "Anchor-Man" card on PES, despite having it in my Set).
Yeah, his playing-style maybe has indeed became more difficult to identify since playing for the whole of last Season in a more advanced CM/DM hybrid.
I also haven't said that your Set portraits him as a "Box-to-Box", I was just saying a couple of examples how he differs from other players, sorry if I gave that impression, but anyway the truth is he is neither as balanced(Attackingly-Defensively) like your Set, and Attack should be certainly lower in my eyes.
Now I have remembered the logic behind me giving him 78 Body Balance last Season. It was when he played as a Center-Back for a run of games because of absences, playing fine as well, but from watching him I thought that despite his strength is reasonably good, he is not exactly to the minimum standard you would expect solid Center-Backs by trade to have(in my opinion at least somewhere around 80?).
Having said that, I don't really know the shape he is currently at for AEK Athens. I am also clearly very surprised to hear that you think that his mobility is average, especially his Speed stats I think should be higher. I have the opposite opinion from watching him last Season, mentioning examples like being the main reason why APOEL wanted to sign him, and why he is different to current signing Gentsoglou, but I don't really know his current shape at AEK. I think Gianniotas also had some issues like that this Season like him. Do you think that Alef might be the case that he increased his muscle but lowered his mobility because of it?
I agree with the rest you've said, and Stats from your Set.
User avatar
Houy
Posts: 1493
Joined: 2015 Apr 28, 12:54
Has thanked: 299 times
Been thanked: 371 times

Re: Greek Super League - Players to be created ( Updated - 12/1 )

Postby Houy » 2019 Jan 19, 15:27

petreleo wrote:I agree with you he doesn't seem like a player exactly the same like Eriksson(although I have small knowledge on him, mainly from your descriptions here), but I haven't said on the first place that Alef is exactly like that. I was talking about him being a sort of modern-version of the "Anchor-Man's" role; more forward-thinking or "Brazilian" one, with greater technique and mobility than mainstream no-nonsense ones that were common in the past

I'm not saying he should be exactly like Eriksson
Houy wrote:but the role fundamentally can be played by more unrefined players, like Nastos here. The important thing is consistently implementing the function of this game-style, even in simple fashion. I haven't seen that from Alef

petreleo wrote:(not saying that he deserves the "Anchor-Man" card on PES, despite having it in my Set).

ok, you can see how i'd be a little confused by that :D
petreleo wrote:Having said that, I don't really know the shape he is currently at for AEK Athens. I am also clearly very surprised to hear that you think that his mobility is average, especially his Speed stats I think should be higher. I have the opposite opinion from watching him last Season, mentioning examples like being the main reason why APOEL wanted to sign him, and why he is different to current signing Gentsoglou, but I don't really know his current shape at AEK. I think Gianniotas also had some issues like that this Season like him. Do you think that Alef might be the case that he increased his muscle but lowered his mobility because of it?

Perhaps, i couldn't know . Mobility is kind of an unmistakable quality though, i'm seeing him move with purpose but in very reserved fashion and with limited range. No excess of speed either, he provides a link with his passes and can do some hold up when needed, with some defensive presence while generally holding his ground.

I'll keep an eye on him if i can catch an Aek game. ΕΡΤ posts full games of the team's they have the TV rights of on youtube ( AEK isn't one ). There should eventually be some full games of him so you can get a view of his current form . Up to now there's only been half a game against Apollon unfortunately,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INkZzo2NMTQ
User avatar
Houy
Posts: 1493
Joined: 2015 Apr 28, 12:54
Has thanked: 299 times
Been thanked: 371 times

Re: Greek Super League - Players to be created ( Updated - 1/2 )

Postby Houy » 2019 Feb 06, 14:15

Alef started in the derby against Paok, as he has for a little while since Ouzounidis switched to 3-5-2, as the sole DM behind Mantalos and Bakasetas as inside midfielders. He did his thing usually receiving the first pass, safe changes of the ball and holding his line adequately and moving around his narrow area of action to give his option for a pass. He had difficulty when things got livelier and he had to deal with quick transitions and when players had gone past him he was effectively neutralized. He had a couple of good displays of his ability on the ball, on with a quick control with 2 players on him, a show of his core strength, huddling to easily power through them. The other a good display of his close control to leave his markers behind in a counter attack of Aek going past the midfield. With a 10 man Paok since 32', the system switched to 4-4-2 with Krsticic ( CM ) taking the place of Bakakis ( CB ) and Mantalos and Bakasetas taking more to the sides. Alef was eventually subbed at 60' for Lucas Boye ( SM ).

This role doesn't really suite him. imo . He has decent presence but not the creativity to make something as a DLP nor the defensive prowess and speed to handle the brunt of the opposition forces. Mantalos had to drop back to make something of the ball a lot of the time. And while when a straightforward use of strength was needed he did very well he messed the defensive balance of the mid a bunch of times and it's not really his fault.

In the end he was sacrificed for another attacking player in Aek's pursuit to equalize, living just Krsticic and Mantalos to hold the mid and actively look for the more adventurous plays Alef wasn't providing.

As far as our stats discussion goes:
* He supported the notion of lower Att and Agg.
* He looked tremendously slow once more and it does look like a none-factor in his game.
* He showed power, his saving grace in both defending and dribbling attempts and something he can call upon with little effort. He had no problems dealing with Chuba Akpom ( i rate him at 83 Body Balance ) and most other Paok players weren't nearly on par with him in that sense and he could move through them.
User avatar
Houy
Posts: 1493
Joined: 2015 Apr 28, 12:54
Has thanked: 299 times
Been thanked: 371 times

Re: Greek Super League - Players to be created ( Updated - 20/9 )

Postby Houy » 2019 May 25, 17:53

petreleo wrote:Joan Tomàs:
Spoiler: show
Image

Club: AEK Larnaca _cyp
Full Name: Joan Tomàs Campasol
Name: Joan Tomàs
Shirt Name: JOAN TOMAS.J
Number: 10
Positions: AM, CM, SM, WF, SS

Nationality: Spanish _esp
Age: 33 (17/05/1985)

Height: 167 cm
Weight: 69 kg

Injury Tolerance: B
Foot: R
Side: L

Attack: 73
Defence: 45
Balance: 74
Stamina: 77
Top Speed: 75
Acceleration: 76
Response: 77
Agility: 78
Dribble Accuracy: 80
Dribble Speed: 77
Short Pass Accuracy: 77
Short Pass Speed: 76
Long Pass Accuracy: 75
Long Pass Speed: 75
Shot Accuracy: 74
Shot Power: 79
Shot Technique: 75
Free Kick Accuracy: 73
Curling: 77
Header: 69
Jump: 73
Technique: 80
Aggression: 80
Mentality: 73
Keeper Skills: 50
Teamwork: 77

Condition/Fitness: 4
Weak Foot Accuracy: 6
Weak Foot Frequency: 5

ATTACK / DEFENCE AWARENESS: 3/2

NEW STATS:
Attack Prowess: 75
Defense Prowess: 56
Ball Winning: 64

GOALKEEPER STATS:
Catching: 40
Clearing: 40
Reflexes: 40
Coverage: 40

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

PLAYER INDEX CARDS:
P13 - Free Roaming

MOTION STYLE:


Here is a Set I have for new Lamia signing, Joan Tomàs, from his time for many years at AEK Larnaca that released him today.
Came to Cyprus for AEK Larnaca exactly 5 years ago mainly as a Secondary-Striker and a Left-Winger playing with opposite-foot in a similar fashion like Mata plays on the Right. A fairly pacey player with good goal-poaching instincts back then, and he was playing like that for AEK Larnaca as well for his first few years at their club. Then however, his playing-style evolved as he was influenced greatly by his team's style of play; possession football. Became mainly an Attacking-Midfielder/No.10, and a better passer than he was before when he first came, especially at short-passes. An integral part of their team for many years, defining their style of play, he was even playing as a CM/AM for them at some instances in a 4-1-4-1 system especially for two Seasons under Thomas Christiansen, and while he became a better passer, he also retained his goal-poaching abilities.
Then approximately two years ago, he suffered a significant injury in a derby Vs APOEL, and missed the biggest part of the rest of the Season. When he reterned from his injury, he was never the same player as before. Physically he has declined significantly, especially regarding his pace, and as a result he never was an undisputed starter for AEK Larnaca any more after his injury, especially this Season. Currently he is a great technical player and passer, with fairly good goal-scoring instincts, however not so much of a speedy dribbler as before, but more of a pass-and-move player. I think he would be a good addition for Lamia, I haven't watched him much this Season, so maybe his speed-stats should be even lower than this Set I have created for him this Summer, if they have declined even further.


Thanks ! I added your set with some tweaks. He is a good little utility player and quite tenacious. Doesn't have full games in him presently. I haven't been very impressed with his decision making but i like his passing repertoire. He can mediate in combinations within little space playing with one touch and deliver a good final ball from some distance. He doesn't generally play the ball forward and isn't particularly aggressive atm, he just likes to pop up in the final third to become an extra target for a cross .
User avatar
petreleo
Posts: 1871
Joined: 2013 Nov 03, 10:28
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Has thanked: 188 times
Been thanked: 184 times

Re: Greek Super League - Players to be created ( Updated - 20/9 )

Postby petreleo » 2019 May 25, 19:15

Houy wrote:
petreleo wrote:Joan Tomàs:
Spoiler: show
Image

Club: AEK Larnaca _cyp
Full Name: Joan Tomàs Campasol
Name: Joan Tomàs
Shirt Name: JOAN TOMAS.J
Number: 10
Positions: AM, CM, SM, WF, SS

Nationality: Spanish _esp
Age: 33 (17/05/1985)

Height: 167 cm
Weight: 69 kg

Injury Tolerance: B
Foot: R
Side: L

Attack: 73
Defence: 45
Balance: 74
Stamina: 77
Top Speed: 75
Acceleration: 76
Response: 77
Agility: 78
Dribble Accuracy: 80
Dribble Speed: 77
Short Pass Accuracy: 77
Short Pass Speed: 76
Long Pass Accuracy: 75
Long Pass Speed: 75
Shot Accuracy: 74
Shot Power: 79
Shot Technique: 75
Free Kick Accuracy: 73
Curling: 77
Header: 69
Jump: 73
Technique: 80
Aggression: 80
Mentality: 73
Keeper Skills: 50
Teamwork: 77

Condition/Fitness: 4
Weak Foot Accuracy: 6
Weak Foot Frequency: 5

ATTACK / DEFENCE AWARENESS: 3/2

NEW STATS:
Attack Prowess: 75
Defense Prowess: 56
Ball Winning: 64

GOALKEEPER STATS:
Catching: 40
Clearing: 40
Reflexes: 40
Coverage: 40

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

PLAYER INDEX CARDS:
P13 - Free Roaming

MOTION STYLE:


Here is a Set I have for new Lamia signing, Joan Tomàs, from his time for many years at AEK Larnaca that released him today.
Came to Cyprus for AEK Larnaca exactly 5 years ago mainly as a Secondary-Striker and a Left-Winger playing with opposite-foot in a similar fashion like Mata plays on the Right. A fairly pacey player with good goal-poaching instincts back then, and he was playing like that for AEK Larnaca as well for his first few years at their club. Then however, his playing-style evolved as he was influenced greatly by his team's style of play; possession football. Became mainly an Attacking-Midfielder/No.10, and a better passer than he was before when he first came, especially at short-passes. An integral part of their team for many years, defining their style of play, he was even playing as a CM/AM for them at some instances in a 4-1-4-1 system especially for two Seasons under Thomas Christiansen, and while he became a better passer, he also retained his goal-poaching abilities.
Then approximately two years ago, he suffered a significant injury in a derby Vs APOEL, and missed the biggest part of the rest of the Season. When he reterned from his injury, he was never the same player as before. Physically he has declined significantly, especially regarding his pace, and as a result he never was an undisputed starter for AEK Larnaca any more after his injury, especially this Season. Currently he is a great technical player and passer, with fairly good goal-scoring instincts, however not so much of a speedy dribbler as before, but more of a pass-and-move player. I think he would be a good addition for Lamia, I haven't watched him much this Season, so maybe his speed-stats should be even lower than this Set I have created for him this Summer, if they have declined even further.


Thanks ! I added your set with some tweaks. He is a good little utility player and quite tenacious. Doesn't have full games in him presently. I haven't been very impressed with his decision making but i like his passing repertoire. He can mediate in combinations within little space playing with one touch and deliver a good final ball from some distance. He doesn't generally play the ball forward and isn't particularly aggressive atm, he just likes to pop up in the final third to become an extra target for a cross .

Great! Good to see him do well, he is a player I used to rate highly before his injury.
Foot-Side other way round though?

Return to “Super League Greece”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest