Nacho Monreal

Moderators: BigStu, Jez, Phil, Welbeck19, Brahms, Mod's

PES Stats Database

Nacho Monreal

Postby PES Stats Database » 2009 Jun 17, 20:53

2headedEagle

Re: Nacho Monreal

Postby 2headedEagle » 2014 Nov 19, 12:14

Da InvIncIblEs wrote:but he sucks as a cb, let's be realist, he is just a natural RB used as a CB with the results we all know.
BTW, it's not his fault he is improvised in a position were he is not good at, i don't understand the fans giving him so much hate, as a RB he still is a really solid defender, fighting the place with gibbo. maybe they don't remember when we only had andre santos as a back up... such dark times...

LB .
From the world of darkness I did loose demons and devils in the power of scorpions to torment.
Brahms

Postby Brahms » 2014 Nov 27, 01:38

2headedEagle wrote:
Da InvIncIblEs wrote:but he sucks as a cb, let's be realist, he is just a natural RB used as a CB with the results we all know.
BTW, it's not his fault he is improvised in a position were he is not good at, i don't understand the fans giving him so much hate, as a RB he still is a really solid defender, fighting the place with gibbo. maybe they don't remember when we only had andre santos as a back up... such dark times...

LB .

you get the idea.
Bloody Curse!
jorgecavs

Postby jorgecavs » 2014 Dec 25, 19:47

Da InvIncIblEs wrote:
2headedEagle wrote:

LB .

you get the idea.

No matter if he plays well or badly in that position, it only matters that it is used in that position, therefore to me he should have CB as optional.

Positions: SB , CB

In 8 of his last 10 games he played as CB.

Spoiler: show
football-lineups wrote:03-Dec-14 Arsenal 1:0 Southmptn D14 EnglandEPL LB
29-Nov-14 West Brom 0:1 Arsenal 23 D13 EnglandEPL LB
26-Nov-14 Arsenal 2:0 Dortmund D5 uefaChampions CB
22-Nov-14 Arsenal 1:2 Man Utd D12 EnglandEPL CB
09-Nov-14 Swansea 2:1 Arsenal D11 EnglandEPL CB
04-Nov-14 Arsenal 3:3 Anderlcht D4 uefaChampions CB
01-Nov-14 Arsenal 3:0 Burnley D10 EnglandEPL CB
25-Oct-14 Sunderland 0:2 Arsenal D9 EnglandEPL CB
22-Oct-14 Anderlcht 1:2 Arsenal D3 uefaChampions CB
18-Oct-14 Arsenal 2:2 Hull City D8 EnglandEPL CB

http://www.football-lineups.com/footballer/2892/
alkabuc

Postby alkabuc » 2015 Apr 21, 09:01

He is one of the most underrated players
strong in the air
and Solid defensively

I don't know, but this set doesn't emulate how he play in real life. I have no numbers in mind but his jump, def and res need a look.
VReznoV

Postby VReznoV » 2015 Jun 12, 01:35

I think the aspects which need update is his DEF, but it's only my opinion, I'm okay with this stats.
someone should burn Ballon d'Or trophy
Brahms

Postby Brahms » 2015 Nov 11, 22:10

gotta love this guy, not really great at attacking, not really great at defending, but his workrate is admirable, he totally relegated gibbs to a secondary job (gibbs is more used as a SMF right now, he almost doesn't play as a LB anymore).
Bloody Curse!
yorke1118

Postby yorke1118 » 2015 Dec 07, 17:13

I would suggest the following updates:

Def: 75 (+4), his defensive positioning is amazing since he played as a cb for a few games
Spa, sps, lpa, lps (+2), he has made a few good short passes / crosses in the final third lately
Tenacity: 80 (+4), he's a fighter and he never gave up chasing backwards when opponents got pass him

Easily 1 of the best LB in epl in 2015! Great asset for the team.
Brahms

Postby Brahms » 2016 Sep 27, 05:17

why his recently updated form was downgraded when probably he is the only one in the entire team showing the best consistency along a couple of seasons now?
Bloody Curse!
Klaus14

Postby Klaus14 » 2016 Sep 27, 10:35

Brahms wrote:why his recently updated form was downgraded when probably he is the only one in the entire team showing the best consistency along a couple of seasons now?

a big amount of blp players have been downgraded,not just him,ask aimar ;)
!!!CHUPETE LA CONCHA DE TU HERMANA!! , !!VAMOS CARAJO TE QUIERO VER!! , !! TE QUIERO VER PAPÁ!!
Korinov

Postby Korinov » 2016 Sep 27, 11:41

We're just updating Cond/Fitness to the new standards that were agreed a while ago. The PL has just been out of the loop until now.

Just to make it clear, Cond 6 means a very constant player.
Image Korinov la Komadreja
Spoiler: show
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
amine wrote:Spanish vodoo is real. That’s my takeaway from this. When my gran children ask me about it, i’ll tell them about the era of xosé the great
Brahms

Postby Brahms » 2016 Sep 27, 23:05

Yeah i noticed later all the form updates
Bloody Curse!
Klaus14

Postby Klaus14 » 2017 May 16, 20:17

Form 6 looks generous, 4 now is more than fair due to his last matches and poor perfonmnaces by him.
!!!CHUPETE LA CONCHA DE TU HERMANA!! , !!VAMOS CARAJO TE QUIERO VER!! , !! TE QUIERO VER PAPÁ!!
Rex

Postby Rex » 2017 Oct 11, 02:05

CB position defo should be added. He's now week by week playing as a LCB in the 3 CB line, and to be honest he's the most consistent Arsenal centre back. Mustafi is, as usual, playing some really good games, combined with more bad or hot and cold ones. Koscielny fighting with fitness and form problems, but Nacho is doing his work really good all the time. Surprisingly fine in the air, good reader of the game, and composed passer who offers a lot in the build up. I like him asa CB more than i ever liked him as a left back.
Relja's not dead
Brahms

Postby Brahms » 2017 Dec 10, 19:31

Agreeing with Rex here. Weird thing Monreal is the best "central" defender in Arsenal. As always the most consistent and good positioning, not strong or tall, he just compensate with hard work. Glad for him, sad for the other defenders.
Bloody Curse!
false 9

Postby false 9 » 2019 May 23, 03:47

eurgh, I just lost a wall of text that I wrote up of observations based on Nacho's performances this season, so I'm gonna be a bit more concise with these suggestions. I stress that these are observations and not values of which I am certain.

def could potentially be somewhere around 75/76ish, though it's true he's always been a defender who's relied more so upon his intelligence/sense of positioning and timing, and he is capable of playing as either a fullback or centre back, I feel that in recent times he has not exuded a sense of safety or defensive surety in 1 v 1 scenarios and in general that a 78 value conveys. At the very least, I would consider him below Wan Bissaka in this respect. We look far more organised and effective press-wise on the left hand side when Nacho plays, but I feel a low green value + the current tw value already represents this fairly well with respect to the other Arsenal left backs.

bal should come down to a similar level as def, he's always been a def > bal player but now I feel he's regressed physically and defensively to the point where he's a similar level for both abilities, just kind of average in both regards. He's dogged and determined to harry players, but he seldom ever imposes himself physically upon others and has always been notably lightweight.

In keeping with the physical decline, I feel sta could be lowered, he no longer expends the same degree of energy he used to in covering the left flank. His engine is still pretty good for a fullback of his age, and though I can't discern an exact figure, I've considered something in the range of between 85-88 as being appropriate. ts and acc have worsened noticeably - off the top of my head I can say I've seen peaks of roughly 80/80 at best from him this season, but would generally consider his average speed somewhere along the lines of mid greens, for both ts and acc since he doesn't seem to particularly favour one over the other.

res could come up, though he's declining physically he's still reasonably sharp and quick to react, somewhere around the area of low 80s imo. His res certainly isn't as glaring a weakness as the current value might suggest.

There's no need for agi to be so high, it figures very little in his attacking play and generally I would say his range of movement could be replicated with low green agi.

In terms of his passing the only observation of note is that his lofted passes can often have a 'floaty' quality to them, if this has any bearing on lps?

He enjoyed an unusual purple patch of goalscoring form last season, but even still the st value stands out as being unnecessarily close to a green value for a player who, prior to last season, was never really considered a credible goal threat. I would consider a low 70s value more appropriate, as his goalscoring does suggest a certain proficiency at cute angles. I'm also yet to see the need for such high sp, a green if not grey value seems more appropriate for what he generally shows. Likewise with curling, which I can't say is a particular feature I've noticed in either his shooting or his passing.

I have noticed in particular this season that he seems to have less presence in aerial duels, potentially could do with a lower jump value.

His tec is genuinely very good, he often uses his sound first touch to cushion passes and quickly recycle possession to nearby teammates. Could see it being as high as low yellows, potentially.

men could potentially be higher, he has developed a habit of scoring goals at pivotal times and maintains or even elevates his level of performance despite adversity/fatigue/lateness in the game. Unsure of this though.

Generally, the set should represent a player who is defensively and tactically astute, good at overlapping, generally safe in possession and not prone to turning over the ball, with some physical limitations that are beginning to restrict his ability to carry out offensive/defensive duties simultaneously. I would consider his current 'level' to be that of a squad/rotation option.

Return to “Arsenal FC”