Alexandre Lacazette

Moderators: BigStu, Phil, Jez, Welbeck19, Brahms, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database

Alexandre Lacazette

Postby PES Stats Database » 2010 Sep 23, 12:05

Last edited by ollove on 2010 Nov 16, 18:06, edited 7 times in total.
Ocrin

Re: Alexandre Lacazette

Postby Ocrin » 2018 Jan 14, 01:12

His DS should be lower IMO. He's got a nice touch and nice DA but isn't able to consistently carry the ball at higher speeds; at least, that's not really part of his game.
Of course, the current 83 isn't anything crazy but it looks slightly overrated for a player like him, especially with his other speed stats being very good.
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
false 9

Postby false 9 » 2018 Jan 14, 14:02

I'm a big fan of this guy and was very excited when he signed for us, for whatever reason when he first joined I expected him to be a sort of predatory, poacherish striker who'd use his exceptional speed and movement to break the D-line, but from what I've seen he's looked even a little sluggish at times. I definitely haven't noticed this level of speed. His stamina seems lower as well, it's been a constant source of frustration for us this season that he seems to regularly get subbed off after 60+ minutes, probably deserves a green value. The agility value also looks dubious but it's true he shows really nice and quick turns to create space at times.

On the flip side his hold up play and ability to play with his back to goal has looked really good, he contributes in other ways apart from scoring and that's something that really surprised me at first. I haven't seen much to justify the dribbling star, if anything I think he might deserve tactical dribbling considering his ability to hold off players and retain possession.
vinnie

Postby vinnie » 2018 Jan 18, 22:37

glad you brought up his hold up play. i've been impressed by his success in this ability because i didn't expect that capability based on what little i knew about him with Lyon. I think the reason he's been successful is because he's quite strong actually. i recall that my impression for lacazette has been about 85 bb.

But on the other hand, as you and ocrin said, he's also been much less explosive than the values he has at the moment- but reading Adrien's comments in the previous pages it's evident this is a trend along his evolution throughout his career as he's moved away from being a speedy winger and presumably adding more muscle and thus becoming stronger and sturdier, but also less nimble and less explosive.

i can't really say much about the set as it is. i honestly have quite a few differences in how i see lacazette based on the 3 or so matches i've seen him in against the current set, but i haven't watched enough to be sure.
If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
tomitos

Postby tomitos » 2018 Sep 03, 17:21

Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2018 Sep 03, 19:14

I"m just reading all you wrote last season. Like vinnie said, yeah Lacazette was firstly, during the age of Lisandro at Lyon, a winger, with amazing pace in his body movements, I remember nonobus (french mod at this time) rated him 93 agi. And When Gomis and Lisandro moved he was replaced as a CF. He started with difficulties but he worked hard to improve. He always played not like a poacher, but like a guy always coming back on fields to build opportunities for his partner. He need space and ball on feet far of the box to show all his skillset. Then he becames stronger, started improving so much his first touches, and he made what nobody makes since Papin in Ligue 1. First french player scoring 20+ goals during three consecutive seasons.

Moving to Arsenal is something dificult for him because he was from Lyon academy, he was playing with Umititi, Tolisso, Gonalons, etc all the guys he plays with since the age of 16. He was in a confort zone, everything was good for him. Moving to a team he has all to prove is difficult for that kind of guy. He'll need times I guess. Don't know how is evolving as he made a bad season for his first here. But It seems acc and agi seems to have reduce in his skillset according to your comments.
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2018 Oct 07, 17:03

I watched highlights and vs video of him at Arsenal. I just updated him with your suggestions guys wich looks pretty spot on. Also he looks sharper than before. I raised response to 81. He's always in movements and waiting for one-two or always going quickly to the box after he made the pass to an unmarked side player. Seems in good form right now.
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
false 9

Postby false 9 » 2018 Oct 07, 20:22

I feel his acceleration could be lower still, and so far I feel he's shown himself as more proficient in short passes than long. Other than that I feel this is a reasonable representation of him, though I would also keep an eye out on his technique which at times I think has been worthy of a value in the 90's. Technically every area of his game is refined, but his first touch in particular can be exceptional
Moysís

Postby Moysís » 2018 Oct 26, 20:09

Spoiler: show
tomitos

Postby tomitos » 2018 Oct 30, 18:42

I think 85 of attack prowess is very low for him, for his current game I think he deserves the same as Aubameyang. On the other hand, considering that he has 85 of balance, 85 of dribble accuracy, 85 of technique and 86 of agility, I believe that his combination of BC and PC is a bit low. I suggest the following values:
Body Control 88
Physical Contact 81
false 9

Postby false 9 » 2018 Dec 11, 03:21

I feel as though everytime I watch him play now he shows himself to be more technically rounded than the last time, for a striker I consider him to be a very competent passer of the ball, his awareness of teammates and his sense of when to release the ball is important to Arsenal's fluid style of play. A lesser striker might find it difficult but Lacazette's shown himself to excel at both holding the ball up and bringing teammates into play with 1-touch passes. I would consider him a high green, possibly 80s area of spa

Technically I feel his game is just so refined, his close control is good, his passing is good, and I feel his first touch is part of what makes him such a good cf. It's not flashy but the ball stays glued to him a lot of time and he is excellent at creating space for a shot or pass with his first touch (his goal I think against liverpool? was a good example of this). Very clean in general and I would consider him a high 80s in tech, very technically gifted cf

edit: I think if he can continue to pull off the same level of technique at a consistently high standard/show exceptional level technique more often I could potentially see him push for a value in the 90s
josev

Postby josev » 2019 Jan 19, 17:50

Whoah10115

Postby Whoah10115 » 2019 Jan 19, 18:06

false 9 wrote:I feel as though everytime I watch him play now he shows himself to be more technically rounded than the last time, for a striker I consider him to be a very competent passer of the ball, his awareness of teammates and his sense of when to release the ball is important to Arsenal's fluid style of play. A lesser striker might find it difficult but Lacazette's shown himself to excel at both holding the ball up and bringing teammates into play with 1-touch passes. I would consider him a high green, possibly 80s area of spa

Technically I feel his game is just so refined, his close control is good, his passing is good, and I feel his first touch is part of what makes him such a good cf. It's not flashy but the ball stays glued to him a lot of time and he is excellent at creating space for a shot or pass with his first touch (his goal I think against liverpool? was a good example of this). Very clean in general and I would consider him a high 80s in tech, very technically gifted cf

edit: I think if he can continue to pull off the same level of technique at a consistently high standard/show exceptional level technique more often I could potentially see him push for a value in the 90s

He's not a 90 if David Villa is not.
false 9

Postby false 9 » 2019 Jan 20, 01:17

Whoah10115 wrote:He's not a 90 if David Villa is not.

Alright? I haven't watched Villa in a long time so I'm in no position to comment on comparisons between him and Laca. I still feel like Laca's an orange tech player regardless.

Him and Auba pressed well today, that isn't something I particularly noticed in previous games but in terms of knowing when to press they were really in sync. Both looked lively, hounding players and keeping Chelsea and the defenders specifically penned in their own third of the pitch at times. It definitely felt like at least for the first 20 minutes or so Chelsea couldn't handle the press whatsoever, and Laca and Auba played a big part in that. I am beginning to feel that his style of play (constant supportive movement, dropping deep, drifting out wide, willingness to defend from the front) requires a higher sta value.

I don't get the impression he's as quick as 87 acc implies and 81 ds feels excessive for someone who looks largely like a retention dribbler.

I've come to accept that a lot of my preconceived notions of him as a player were dead wrong, and I now consider him closer to a Firmino analog in terms of his playing style. His short passing ability is part of what makes him so effective in this role, and I'm confident at this point that he's minimum 80 spa and higher sps. He should've had an assist today from a driven cross but Auba scuffed the connection completely.

I think he could be up there with the best in the Prem in terms of st, he is exceptional at getting shots off from awkward angles and tight spaces, total st > sa player to me. Could see him on something like high yellow value, not sure of many Prem strikers who are better than him in this regard personally. Kane, maybe Aguero? If that?

Not too sure about the interplay of agg, tw, and res re movement, but his supportive movement is a great boon and integral to the role that he plays in our team.

If I were to rate his best attributes in order it would be tec, st, att.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm rehashing opinions, I feel I should clarify my observations after todays game
Whoah10115

Postby Whoah10115 » 2019 Jan 22, 01:47

false 9 wrote:
Whoah10115 wrote:He's not a 90 if David Villa is not.

Alright? I haven't watched Villa in a long time so I'm in no position to comment on comparisons between him and Laca. I still feel like Laca's an orange tech player regardless.

Him and Auba pressed well today, that isn't something I particularly noticed in previous games but in terms of knowing when to press they were really in sync. Both looked lively, hounding players and keeping Chelsea and the defenders specifically penned in their own third of the pitch at times. It definitely felt like at least for the first 20 minutes or so Chelsea couldn't handle the press whatsoever, and Laca and Auba played a big part in that. I am beginning to feel that his style of play (constant supportive movement, dropping deep, drifting out wide, willingness to defend from the front) requires a higher sta value.

I don't get the impression he's as quick as 87 acc implies and 81 ds feels excessive for someone who looks largely like a retention dribbler.

I've come to accept that a lot of my preconceived notions of him as a player were dead wrong, and I now consider him closer to a Firmino analog in terms of his playing style. His short passing ability is part of what makes him so effective in this role, and I'm confident at this point that he's minimum 80 spa and higher sps. He should've had an assist today from a driven cross but Auba scuffed the connection completely.

I think he could be up there with the best in the Prem in terms of st, he is exceptional at getting shots off from awkward angles and tight spaces, total st > sa player to me. Could see him on something like high yellow value, not sure of many Prem strikers who are better than him in this regard personally. Kane, maybe Aguero? If that?

Not too sure about the interplay of agg, tw, and res re movement, but his supportive movement is a great boon and integral to the role that he plays in our team.

If I were to rate his best attributes in order it would be tec, st, att.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm rehashing opinions, I feel I should clarify my observations after todays game

I think his BB is underrated. Not here, but in the PL his balance and strength, along with some class, I think are a big reason for what may appear 90 tech. Which is not me saying that's all you see, but the only way I can respond.

His tech should go up to 87 I think. His ST could maybe go orange, tho maybe his accuracy and definitely SP could take a boost.
BigStu

Postby BigStu » 2019 Jan 25, 21:21

Ways he’s been tracking back recently could be a candidate for that card
pcrooce

Postby pcrooce » 2019 Apr 01, 22:47

great great finish and amazing header pass from Auba and Lascelles mistake just letting him through thinking the keeper may got it.

Return to “Arsenal FC”