PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Gerard Piqué

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 11:01

Full Name: Gerard Piqué Bernabéu

VIDEOS:
Spoiler: show

CLASSIC SET(S): 2009-2010

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Oct 24, 09:57, edited 11 times in total.
Ulises

Re: Gerard PIQUÉ

Postby Ulises » 2009 May 05, 12:06

We are not discussin who is better, probably pique is better at positioning but pepe is faster than him, they are absolutly diffrent type of defenders, but pepe is not a player who make stupid fouls, pique got 8 yellow cards, and pepe just 7, you are wrong about this, you can not demonice pepe just because he got crazy during 15 secods in all his carrer against getafe.

But we are dicussing passin abilities, pepe has played in his NT as DMF, he has played there in the last matches, where he showed his passing abilities, and when you play there you must have at least a decent average in passing abilities, cause is not the same as playing as CB where you perfom easy passes and you don't take risks, and pique never take risks, and to do that work in defense is enough with 74/75/76 wich is over the average for a CB. As i said you are getting crazy with a player who had 27 matches in la liga in all his carrer, yes he is good but we have to see much more of him to put him on par with players showed high level during 3 or 4 seasons.
RAMAXWY

Postby RAMAXWY » 2009 May 05, 14:48

i agree that PEPE is faster but i still say that PIQUE passes the ball better.
have u seen him in the NT team of SPAIN even when he ends up in midfield he strings those passes along like one of the best.
honestly i've never seen PEPE play as a midfielder but what i've seen from his passing as a defender i almost can't believe that he could do so much better.
but my point is that these statts from PIQUE need an update because according to these statts PEPE is much better then him which is not the case.
Markulur
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Markulur » 2009 May 05, 16:17

I'm seeing so crazy opinions there...

We cannot compare Pepe with Piqué on this aspect. He has a lot more of experience on his position. Pepe is more like a beast, using a lot his body to defend and Gerard is more "subtile"(?) and clean. Pepe is faster, of course, and reads a bit better the game. All of this needs to be reflexed... so we can say that Pepe is better at the moment.

For passing... how can you say that Pepe is better because he played on DM? I have to remember that Piqué started playing more regular on DM positions like in Zaragoza some years ago (where he demonstrate his qualities too). Of course, he knows better how to pass and how to move himself on the offensive positions.

So it's not good at all to compare it. Pepe is more a physical defensive player with some knowleadges on attack and Gerard Piqué wants more the quality and is better offensively. Different styles.
Editing La Liga...
imi
Regular Poster

Postby imi » 2009 May 06, 03:12

monKevski wrote:I agree with Re to think about his Passing in general.
Short Passing is quite good for him at his ageclass, so I think there's no need to raise SPA and SPS.
But I think his Long Passing comes near the 80's. He has brilliant crosses, most of them are very precise. LPA: 79 & LPS: 80 would be fair enough.

this is good also add this
WFA 6
dont forget his left foot long passes ;)

also i give him 83 for Def and Res 83 he is now a good defender for Barca.
also notice that he is slow so by that low Res he will be bad on PES that i dont think thats real.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009

darklm
PSD Youth League

Postby darklm » 2009 May 06, 21:08

i agree with imi suggestions, his def abilities needs to be raised :o

DEF: 83
RES: 83

and for LPA, LPS:

LPA: 80
LPS: 81
PMC
PSD Guru

Postby PMC » 2009 May 06, 21:10

HELL NO @ that long pass increase
I'm against you
PMC
PSD Guru

Postby PMC » 2009 May 06, 21:52

he doesn't seem like someone who dares to try a long pass in a tricky situation, he goes for the safer short passes... I agree that he's a fairly quick player despite his size AND he's really good in one on ones against forwards... he's not world class yet though and makes bad positional mistakes at times... he also seems a bid headless when it matters and a far less experienced CB like Yaya often had to sprint because Pique wasn't aware of whats happening. That's what I think of his performance against Chelsea.
I'm against you
Shadowx55x
PSD Youth League

Postby Shadowx55x » 2009 May 06, 22:07

PMC wrote:he doesn't seem like someone who dares to try a long pass in a tricky situation, he goes for the safer short passes... I agree that he's a fairly quick player despite his size AND he's really good in one on ones against forwards... he's not world class yet though and makes bad positional mistakes at times... he also seems a bid headless when it matters and a far less experienced CB like Yaya often had to sprint because Pique wasn't aware of whats happening. That's what I think of his performance against Chelsea.

i agree with most of what you said.....except the long pass part, as ive seen him attempt it before and be successful ( but not as successful as to warrant a stat change ).

As the game was drawing to a close, he became more of a DMF, running up field, looking for a player to pass to.....i guess its his way of getting more control of the game ( he did so in the madrid game as well )
For the good of the forum.......
tamaguchi_japa
PSD Elite

Postby tamaguchi_japa » 2009 May 07, 11:46

yeap, agree with TS & ACC, he's really faster than that!
PIPA23

Postby PIPA23 » 2009 May 07, 12:22

amazing long pass ac. against chelsea...made the best passes...
CrO_WoNdEr
Regular Poster

Postby CrO_WoNdEr » 2009 May 07, 12:49

a small agression update wouldn't be bad, against chelsea he was going forward like crazy
PMC
PSD Guru

Postby PMC » 2009 May 07, 14:34

a small increase in aggression is okay but keep in mind that there's tactical adjustments to be made as well as he didn't go up naturally but in the later stages of the 2nd half
I'm against you
Alcohomicide

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 May 07, 16:16

PMC wrote:a small increase in aggression is okay but keep in mind that there's tactical adjustments to be made as well as he didn't go up naturally but in the later stages of the 2nd half

And also, what if Puyol had been playing?
"When we were winning leagues and European Cups at Real I always said Makelele was our most important player. There is no way myself Figo or Raúl would have been able to do what we did without Claude and the same goes for Liverpool and Gerrard."
PMC
PSD Guru

Postby PMC » 2009 May 07, 16:29

Alcohomicide wrote:
PMC wrote:a small increase in aggression is okay but keep in mind that there's tactical adjustments to be made as well as he didn't go up naturally but in the later stages of the 2nd half

And also, what if Puyol had been playing?

Puyol is generally attack minded... he will push up whenever he feels the need to and the current score doesn't matter. He's a freak in this aspect and only few CBs can match his appetite to go up. Pique is not that sort of player yet. He was a bid laid back and goes up in the final minutes if necessary but he's not as attack minded as Puyol - yet. He tried to play as additional CF in the dying minutes against Chelsea and that's a tactical adjustment obviously.

if you check out PES tactical settings you'll see some sort of "libero/sweeper" option you can select for a CB and this will make him run up to the oppositions box to have more aerial dominance.
I'm against you
Alcohomicide

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 May 07, 16:53

No, I know that. :P Let me explain. I was thinking if Puyol had been playing then I don't think Pique would have played as aggressively.

CB's going up as CF's is not a rare thing for us in England, nor is CF's going to CB. I remember Huth often played more as a striker for Chelsea in the big games. :lol:
"When we were winning leagues and European Cups at Real I always said Makelele was our most important player. There is no way myself Figo or Raúl would have been able to do what we did without Claude and the same goes for Liverpool and Gerrard."
PMC
PSD Guru

Postby PMC » 2009 May 07, 17:03

Alcohomicide wrote:No, I know that. :P Let me explain. I was thinking if Puyol had been playing then I don't think Pique would have played as aggressively.

CB's going up as CF's is not a rare thing for us in England, nor is CF's going to CB. I remember Huth often played more as a striker for Chelsea in the big games. :lol:

It's just assumptions... fact is that Yaya Touré is obviously a better attacker than Pique and yet it was Pique pushing up while Touré held the backline together.

Regarding Huth... no comment :lol:
I'm against you
Shadowx55x
PSD Youth League

Postby Shadowx55x » 2009 May 07, 21:13

Alcohomicide wrote:No, I know that. :P Let me explain. I was thinking if Puyol had been playing then I don't think Pique would have played as aggressively.

true, for the most part, he'll just stay back and wait for the game to come to him ( ie him vs Robben in the madrid game ).

but in the latter stages of a match, he'll try to keep the team's control and possesion game going by moving up.....a particular goal in the bernabeu comes to mind lol.
For the good of the forum.......
Alcohomicide

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 May 07, 21:51

Yeah, I saw that match. Haha. To be honest I was surprised VV didn't have a go. If United vs. Arsenal was men against babies then this was Lennox Lewis vs. a Foetus.

I'll be interested to see how Pique plays in these last few games and especially next season. I'm not sure if this is natural adaptation of his game or because of some other reasons. Puyol hasn't really seemed himself, so maybe Pep's trying to mould him.

I agree with PMC in that for the moment at least, it's guess work.
Re-arranged
New Stat Maker

Postby Re-arranged » 2009 May 11, 08:39

Ulises wrote:LOL you are getting crazy with this player. He has only played a few matches in La Liga, and you are puting over many player that has proved his abilities for much more time. for example his Passing abilities, he is no way better than Pepe for example about this...

Many people used the argument of being young and only played some matches at high level when i tried to rise Higuain (3 seasons in the first team) stats for example, and now you barcelonistas are raising and raising this player, when this is his first season and only played a few games. Plz be a bit objetive and fair.

I'm by no means getting crazy about any player, esp young one. I just tell what I see, and at the moment Pique is one of the best distributors of the ball in Europe, among defenders of course, I can only see Marquez, Agger and Kompany who can compare to him in that area at the moment (maybe 2-3 more I could've forgotten).
Ajacied_Breda1
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ajacied_Breda1 » 2009 May 11, 08:45

I'd add Chivu into that list and it's basically complete. ;)
Buon compleanno, il pibe d'oro.

Return to “FC Barcelona”