PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Kevin Danso

Postby PES Stats Database » 2018 Jan 03, 16:17

KeyserSoze
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Kevin Danso

Postby KeyserSoze » 2019 Aug 14, 19:24

I'm not sure if he's exactly what Southampton needs in the short term for their D-Line (you can change his default position if you want; he mostly played as a CB last season at Augsburg).
He's surely faster than most Soton's CBs. I see I was a bit harsh when rating his Agility; he's stiff in his turns, yet still substantially better than Vestergaard in that aspect. Low 70s would be enough.

Short passing stats could receive a small boost as well. He's still a bit incisive and precise with his grounded passes. Nothing special, but the skill is there, and he will surely enhance his displays in that regard for a consistent amount of time. I cannot say the same for his lofted pass, so stats for that style of passing could stay the same.

My main concern with him, more than his erratic touches, is his tactical unawareness. TW is probably even worse than 72.

He has the power and the instinct for defending, but he sometimes struggles a lot to handle pressure when his side has to keep an utterly defensive style of play. Not really great at making the right decisions when defending, either by making a nonsense action close to his box or by not daring to tackle when required.
"Willy Wanda is Chinese!!!"
KeyserSoze

Postby KeyserSoze » 2020 Feb 20, 13:56

He's had little timeplay at Soton, and he has his chances, he mostly plays bad football... I mean, seriously bad.

Hassenhüttl has tried to deploy Danso in several roles, besides CB as it was expected from the start of the season:
Defensive-minded RB, defensive-minded LB, CB as part of a 3-men backline and as an out-and-out DMF.

Few bad games as a starter; even worse performances coming up from the bench.
I feel sorry for him, but he's now surplus to requirements at Southampton, even as a loanee player. And it seems Augsburg just want make some profit from him. They already did through that loan move (around £2M plus paying all of his monthly wages for the duration of the loan spell). And take for granted they are willing to listen to offer for him in the short term. He's also responsible for not being professional enough lately, but none of the involved clubs are giving him proper support.

I think he has some potential as a footballer. But certainly, he's unlikely to reach it at Augsburg or Southampton
Last edited by KeyserSoze on 2020 Feb 21, 03:13, edited 1 time in total.
anOKguy

Postby anOKguy » 2020 Feb 20, 14:38

KeyserSoze wrote:He's had little timeplay at Soton, and he has his chances, he mostly plays bad football... I mean, seriously bad.

Hassenhüttl has tried to deploy Danso in several roles, besides CB as it was expected from the start of the season:
Defensive-minded RB, defensive-minded LB, CB as part of a 3-men backline and as an out-and-out CB.

Few bad games as a starter; even worse performances coming up from the bench.
I feel sorry for him, but he's now surplus to requirements at Southampton, even as a loanee player. And it seems Augsburg just want make some profit from him. They already did through that loan move (around £2M plus paying all of his monthly wages for the duration of the loan spell). And take for granted they are willing to listen to offer for him in the short term. He's also responsible for not being professional enough lately, but none of the involved clubs are giving him proper support.

I think he has some potential as a footballer. But certainly, he's unlikely to reach it at Augsburg or Southampton

Agreed completely. Looks a brain dead player each time he got rolled out. Athletic and that’s about it! Any changes you think are needed?
KeyserSoze

Postby KeyserSoze » 2020 Feb 20, 14:58

Most of all, lowering TW.
Probably slightly higher Agility and slightly lower Technique. Also decreasing Response, but I'm not sure to which extent.

Return to “Southampton FC”