Charlie Adam

Moderators: tuco55, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Charlie Adam

Postby PES Stats Database » 2009 Jul 22, 15:08

Last edited by tuco55 on 2012 Dec 29, 13:48, edited 2 times in total.
Vandeach
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Charlie ADAM

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Jul 22, 16:30

According to the website below it implies his best quality is his work-rate, is there any truth in that, or is it just bollocks :P?

http://footballtalentspotter.com/player ... -4071.aspx
"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
Paddy
PSD Guru

Postby Paddy » 2009 Jul 22, 21:41

Bollocks...
Vandeach

Postby Vandeach » 2010 May 23, 20:14

Paddy, would you say he's warranted a raise in team work since his move to Blackpool? He's certainly settled in well and gelled quickly with his Blackpool team-mates, and certainly shows a very good amount of vision as well as team awareness whilst performing for Blackpool, as well as a tendency to pass rather than shoot. What do you reckon to a yellow value for team work?
"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
BigStu
PSD Guru

Postby BigStu » 2010 May 24, 06:32

I know you didn't ask me but I agree with raise to 79/80, I also feel ment could sit on at a green value
deity86

Postby deity86 » 2010 Oct 22, 20:17

Has anyone who saw him last season (as well as this) got any thoughts? I hardly watched the Championship or Blackpool (bar the Playoff final) last season but he's been excellent so far in the Prem. His LPA looks a touch underrated from what I've seen so far as well as his TW, which has been covered in previous posts. Pinpoint Pass also looks like an option. There's other areas that look like they could use tweaks but I'm not sure enough to comment on them. Anyone?
Alf Ramsey: "I'll be watching you for the first 45 minutes and if you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime."
Rodney Marsh: "Crikey Alf, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea."
Gugu
PSD Elite

Postby Gugu » 2010 Oct 23, 22:47

I'm going to give my view

Spoiler: show
Most of these tested on PES 2011, and on matches this season and the back end of last season.

I'd still push on TW, around an 83/84 value
Spoiler: show
players worse on the 83, but better on 83
, his great interaction at his new haven blackpool, it's like he's known them for ages :o . Nice invention play and knife-incisions through the defence, highlighted at his regal performance vs Manchester City, team-mate interaction and exchanges visible to all. May seem a big exaggeration but the passes he creates can flow through several markers, past a crowded pack into the freed player (varney). Radar guided interchanges like him and eardley, works well in-game, just echoes van's words really:

Vandeach wrote:Paddy, would you say he's warranted a raise in team work since his move to Blackpool? He's certainly settled in well and gelled quickly with his Blackpool team-mates, and certainly shows a very good amount of vision as well as team awareness whilst performing for Blackpool, as well as a tendency to pass rather than shoot. What do you reckon to a yellow value for team work?

LPA could be updated to 83 similar to mulgrew and greening, LPS could stay the same - his passes are whipped and clipped with power, accurate enough but more powerful, and TW + pinpoint passing aids enough, he's not a scholes.

P08 – Pinpoint Pass could be added, tested him with the card on various LPA + LPS values, and it intertwines subtly with his TW, the passes home in more and pick out runs, however passing ahead of the player(not something adam does) and also makes the player more inert with his passes. Implement with caution, as it does change his movement quite a bit, and not for the better, however passing becomes much more realistic.

Mazing Run (in the term(convert to card)), doesn't use step-overs like trickster the card description, but dummies and feints a fair bit, DA value seems fair though, yet to test this one out.

P09 – Early Cross
Does what is says on the tin really, always looking for the cutting long pass to create a goalsoring opportunity. Didn't have time to test this one either, however it does fit the pic:

... Nicely :)

And as a warning, I wouldn't suggest Long Ranger, as it pushes him way too far back and subdues him for the shot instead of him being the instigator.

To finish off, I still can't believe how he has a green agility, players like song (to a certain extent), and danny murphy are as stoic as they come and at least behrami and kilbane, like adam, can successfully drop a shoulder and pull a feint :roll:

AGI - 81 :?:
Last edited by Gugu on 2010 Dec 31, 11:24, edited 1 time in total.
deity86

Postby deity86 » 2010 Oct 24, 20:03

All sounds fair to me and along the same lines I was thinking. Indeed, he was a joy (as were the team as a whole, to be honest) to watch against City pulling all the strings in midfield. The only hesistancy I'd have is with Early Cross, probably more to do with my dislike of the card itself. It's a little too literal at times, casually pumping the ball into the box even when there's no logical option. I haven't really tested if it's changed on PES11, but the card was a bad experience for me on 10. Mostly playing BAL for Man City, Petrov had the card and just crossed from ridiculous positions wasting possession over and over again. I wouldn't want Mr. Adam to needlessly do that, he's should be far more intelligent. Like you, I haven't tested him with it so I won't comment too much.

I can see where you're coming from with his Agility, he does pull off some deft turns to lose a marker. I wouldn't see a problem with that value personally.

Consistency also looks far too harsh for him now. He may have lacked previously but seems a lot more of a solid performer week in week out now.

I don't watch every Blackpool game but I'm thinking he should be made a registered CM* now also. Pretty sure they've stuck to their 4-3-3 all season so far, was he playing as a CM last season also?

Any thoughts on his Response and Mentality, or anything else for that matter?
Alf Ramsey: "I'll be watching you for the first 45 minutes and if you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime."
Rodney Marsh: "Crikey Alf, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea."
Gugu
PSD Elite

Postby Gugu » 2010 Nov 11, 22:43

Bump

I could see CONS at a 6 (standard value), and RES 77, with WFF @ 4, he seems to labor until he can get the ball to his left. Doesn't seem to get caught out too much and can anticipate a challenge effectively whilst in an attacking role :geek:

EDIT: *CM as registered seems in order too.
Gugu
PSD Elite

Postby Gugu » 2010 Dec 31, 11:25

Any more thoughts :)

Very Huddlestone-esque passing on display today. I'd have no qualms about a value closer to his, and you know Chris, you could have just been an inkling reserved with Tom.
KeyserSoze

Postby KeyserSoze » 2011 Jan 24, 15:58

Certainly his aerial display is not his main strenght, but his current stats for both Jump and Header are too harsh for him...
At least he can make good defensive headers, and 71 is quite low... I think 74 is better.
*CMF is his natural position, and he's not the inconsistent player who struggled at Rangers anymore... Since moving to Blackpool, he has gained self-confidence and this is reflected is his performances, even with the Premier League standarts. Therefore... Consistency: 6.
"Willy Wanda is Chinese!!!"
no more heros
PSD Youth League

Postby no more heros » 2011 Jan 24, 17:59

His balance could probably come up by a few points since he's pretty decent at using his body aswell as his dribbling skills to keep a hold of the ball, which wouldn't really be possible with his current value.

An example of his strength that sticks out was during the blackpool/chelsea match where Adam ran almost the length of the pitch with the ball at his feet while holding Malouda off with ease at the same time who, while being a bit smaller and 10 kg lighter, currently sits 6 points above Adam.

Balance: 81-82 isn't known for his strength but can hold his own.

Responce is a dificult one to rate with him, reacts pretty well while going forward but when the opposition are attcking Adam doesn't make much effort to intercept unless the ball is right next to him, as was highlighted in the Sunderland game where he let Richardson stroll right by him for one of the goals. I'm unsure if thats more of an issue of defense rather than responce though.

Agility: 81 Agree.

Passing stats could really use an update also. Even during his Rangers days his long passes were more accurate than this ,if a little inconsistant, and more importantly always hit with pace.

Since being at blackpool over the last two years he's refined his alround passing game, he still tries the 'hollywood' passes he did a few years back, but unlike at rangers his passes usually reach their intended targert rather than the stands.

I'd suggest something like:

SPA: 81-82 - No worse than the likes of Joe Cole or Ben Watson. Can slide through some killer balls.

SPS: 84-85 - His through balls usually take defenders out of the game with decent placement and a lot of pace.

LPA: 84-86 - His main weapon, Charlie is consistant threat from anywhere, usually pinging Alonso-like inch perfect crosses to his teammates. A mid to high 80's value similar seems fair based on his last couple of seasons. The pace of his long passes seems to throw off teammates rather than the placement.

LPS: 86-87 - Sprays crosses all over the park and always with insane pace, which on the counter always causes the opposition problems.

These values might be a big leap up but Adam is not the inconsistant, often poor passer of the ball he was a few years.

TW: Adam used to be quite a selfish player, prefering to go it alone until he had no option but to pass or lost the ball, but as Gugu said with Blackpool his interaction with his teammates have been brilliant often playing the ball throught to them without looking up. I'd agree with a 83 value.

Mentality could also come up a bit aswell, quite ften late on in games you'll see Adam making runs into the oppositions box or driving the team forward, the confidance shown to him by the manager seems to have brought out a determination that he lacked at Ranger. Rarely do you see him fade as the game goes on or screws up a couple of passes anymore.

Weither that desire will still be there after the transfer window shuts is a different story.

For thouse playing an older version of PES, he should maybe have these added:

*outside
*playmaker
bjk_melo_151
Seasoned Stat Maker

Charlie ADAM

Postby bjk_melo_151 » 2011 Jan 24, 20:09

You're right no more heros. Very good suggestions
κάθε πρόσωπο που είναι ένας κόσμος. káthe próso̱po pou eínai énas kósmos.
seilaja17
New Stat Maker

Postby seilaja17 » 2011 Jan 25, 20:39

He reminds me of Roberto Carlos in terms of LPS.
Gunni
New Contributor

Postby Gunni » 2011 Jan 28, 16:32

What would you say his Def and Res values should be? I was thinking maybe that Def should go up to 62 and his Res to 81. And how about adding DMF too? Seems to me like he's always playing there :)
Jez

Postby Jez » 2011 Jan 28, 16:45

Wish we were allowed to update :roll:
"DEBT IS THE ROAD TO RUIN" David Gill August 2004

My blog is back, check it out! www.mybeautifulgame1.wordpress.com
no more heros
PSD Youth League

Postby no more heros » 2011 Jan 28, 19:04

The highest value I'd give him for def would be around 59. His dropping deep is more of a mentality thing, but when it comes to actual decission making at the back he's pretty crap. For all the good he's done this year he has also directly caused a few goals by trying to dribble his way out of his own box rather than passing the ball to a teammate or simply booting it up the park.

81 response could be a good idea. His reactions are decents enough.

I dunno about the DMF position, he does drop a bit deeper at times to collect the ball but after passing he usually joins up with the attack. CMF seems to be his position now even though he was a natural AMF.

In recent games against Man utd and Liverpool he won everything in the air until he was booked, but with his height and jump value he'd already have a decent leap. Never nothiced if he has decent placement with them right enough.
Jez

Postby Jez » 2011 Jan 31, 18:15

Looks Anfield bound then..
"DEBT IS THE ROAD TO RUIN" David Gill August 2004

My blog is back, check it out! www.mybeautifulgame1.wordpress.com
xantam
New Contributor

Postby xantam » 2011 Feb 01, 06:18

No more heroes suggestions are spot on. Adam is great a passer of the ball. What we've seen of him this season at least suggest he deserves those values.
The question is if he can keep it up next season if(when) he moves to a bigger club with more pressure.

As for player cards . talisman or pinpoint pass?

He does like making runs, so a marauding card might do the trick.
But I think it's more the team tactic then a natural trait. He is the centerpiece for blackpool.
I doubt he will be doing those too often if he goes to liverpool etc.
medelofhonor
PSD Youth League

Postby medelofhonor » 2011 Apr 05, 20:37

His main position should be CM. Also *Penalties should be added. He will a good player for Aston Villa, Liverpool or Man United. I think his set should be updated with NMHeroes set.

Return to “UEFA Northern region”