Liam Bridcutt

Moderators: Phil, Brahms, BigStu, Jez, Welbeck19, Mod's

PES Stats Database

Liam Bridcutt

Postby PES Stats Database » 2013 Jan 05, 14:38

KeyserSoze

Re: Liam Bridcutt

Postby KeyserSoze » 2013 Feb 28, 15:25

I've heard he was linked with some mid-low table Premier League clubs in the summer transfer windows, and that he's highly rated as one of the best DMFs in the Championship.
I was wondering if he's just like this, standing out just for his physical atributes, because it seems he lacks technical abilities according to this set.
"Willy Wanda is Chinese!!!"
KeyserSoze

Postby KeyserSoze » 2013 Mar 23, 23:26

He's switched nationality to Scottish _sco :
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21704319
KeyserSoze

Postby KeyserSoze » 2013 Apr 18, 01:42

MaxPower wrote:He's switched nationality to Scottish _sco :
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21704319

KeyserSoze

Postby KeyserSoze » 2013 Apr 22, 19:01

Looked some mins of his debut for Scotland and he looks pretty brave, so Tenacity could reach mid yellow easily.
We could also discuss about adding *Sliding/Lunging Tackle, that's the aspect where he shines the most IMO.
BigStu

Postby BigStu » 2013 May 11, 15:04

I've been really harsh on his DA and DS
frshmn

Postby frshmn » 2013 May 11, 15:37

As anyone who's seen him over the past season and a half or so will attest, this guy really urgently needs an update. He's been putting in stellar performance after stellar performance for Brighton for the past year and a half or so now, but this season he's really come in to his own and established himself as one of the most gifted defensive midfielders in the lower leagues. He has all the makings of a top class footballer and iirc his contract's coming to an end, so he'll most likely be a Premiership player come the beginning of next season.

Honestly, if the current set is a somewhat conservative view of Bridcutt's performances a year or two ago, then it's not too far from the truth. However, even then there's a glaring error in this set in regards to Bridcutt's aerial ability. Considering his diminutive stature, Bridcutt's influence in aerial battles is nothing short of phenomenal - only this season he absolutely bossed Birmingham's Nikola Zigic in the air, and Zigic is, for all intents and purposes, a man mountain. My memory's sketchy, but iirc Zigic is still the tallest player in Britain, and one of the tallest in Europe, so you know beating him in the air is no mean feat. Naturally, since there's a real disparity in regards to the height of the two players, Bridcutt had to rely on his timing and his leap, which is nothing short of tremendous. Easily in the high 80's for JUM, although his actual heading ability isn't quite as impressive. That's not to say he's poor in the air, he's actually very good - he can really plant headers and more often than not they're well directed, but his JUM is what really stands out. He'd be okay sitting on a green value for HEA.

His DEF could up maybe come up to a green value - preferably he'd be ahead of both Semedo and Dikgacoi, definitely deserves to be the benchmark for DEF as far as defensive midfielders outside of the Premiership. His positioning is excellent, he times his tackles to perfection (probably deserves the Sliding ability, as well as the Lunging Tackle card, since he's partial to putting himself about) and for such a young player he's actually surprisingly disciplined - never strays from position, never haphazardly dives in to tackles, and he reads any situation superbly. Just a very calm, very assured defender who's willing to go to ground if necessary.

DA and BC could maybe come up in to the yellow region too, the technical side of his game really surprised me at first. I always knew he was a cool customer when it came to defending, but it took me a while to realise just how good he was on the ball. He's an expert at creating space for himself on the ball, due in large part to his low centre of gravity, but also due to his decent control of the ball in tight spaces. On the ball, true to form, he's very unflustered and thoughtful in possession. In regards to BC, as a lower league fan, you grow accustomed to seeing no nonsense defensive midfielders whose first touches send the ball to row Z, but Bridcutt really breaks the mould in the sense that his ball control is actually surprisingly cultured, and combined with his equally surprising sturdiness, it means he can control the ball well even when he's being pressured. Both DA and BC would sit quite nicely on yellow values (lower yellows, mind you).

SPA needs to come up as well, since he's a very assured passer. He often errs on the side of caution and goes for more conservative passes, but when the midfield's under pressure and he's tasked with pulling off riskier passes, he's happy to oblige. More often than not, he just recycles possession to the nearest man and keeps the game ticking over, but he can pull off more difficult passes. In general, he hardly ever sets a foot wrong, so he'd be okay in the low yellow region, something like an 80 or 81 value would do. SPS can stay as it is, but long passing stats could probably come down a bit, since his game revolves more around short, grounded passes.

EP really needs to come up, he's got a low centre of gravity and he's very quick on his feet, which makes him a nightmare to deal with in one-on-ones. I haven't yet come across a player who's able to either outfox or outmanoeuvre him on the ball, so he could do with maybe an 85 or an 86 value. Very quick on his feet, and this agility means he's adept at turning away from opposing players and creating space for himself. His ACC should be about an 83 or so, it's not particularly noticeable on the ball since he seldom takes players on, but off the ball he's shown he has a very nice burst of pace - iirc he gave Matt Phillips a run for his money a few times this season when Brighton faced Blackpool, so that's saying something. TS could do with an increase, he's just not this slow. His speed begins to tail off quite noticeably after the first few yards, but it's still very decent. I'm thinking a value around 80 would do him nicely.

BB's quite alright as it is, I'd only contemplate bringing it up one point more, and even then it's only a personal preference thing. STA can come up three or so points, he's a very busy, very energetic performer, but he his excellent positioning and awareness means that he can afford to jog a fair bit of the time. While he doesn't really expend his energy, he's not afraid to really turn on the afterburners and sprint after his man when necessary.

I think that covers everything that imo needs updating. Here's my own set, although it's really just the suggestions I've already made and perhaps some single point differences for certain stats:

Spoiler: show
Name: Liam Bridcutt
Shirt Name: BRIDCUTT
Shirt Number: 26
Nationality: Scottish _sco
Height: 171 cm
Weight: 75 kg
Foot: R
Side:
Positions: DMF

TECHNIQUE
Attack: 67
Defence: 76
Header Accuracy: 78
Dribble Accuracy: 81
Short Pass Accuracy: 80
Short Pass Speed: 78
Long Pass Accuracy: 72
Long Pass Speed: 72
Shot Accuracy: 66
Place Kicking: 65
Swerve: 66
Ball Control: 80
Goal Keeping Skills: 50
Weak Foot Accuracy: 5
Weak Foot Frequency: 6
SPEED
Response: 83
Explosive Power: 85
Dribble Speed: 79
Top Speed: 80
PHYSICAL
Body Balance: 84
Stamina: 87
Kicking Power: 77
Jump: 88
Injury Tolerance: B
RESISTANCE
Attack Awareness: 2
Defence Awareness: 3
Form: 6
Tenacity: 78
Teamwork: 78

OLD STATS:
Acceleration: 83
Shot Technique: 70
Aggression: 70

P11 - Enforcer
S24 - Lunging Tackle

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Tactical Dribble
Sliding

MOTION STYLE:
Last edited by frshmn on 2013 Jul 02, 19:20, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Madvillain.
BigStu

Postby BigStu » 2013 May 11, 17:44

good set, only thing I would question is that ment value....I'm happy to update it
frshmn

Postby frshmn » 2013 May 11, 17:48

Keep the current MEN value, it's more fitting for the type of player that he is.
Formerly Madvillain.
frshmn

Postby frshmn » 2013 May 11, 18:51

Just a note Stu, it's not particularly important but most sources have him listed as 171 cm tall and weighing 75 kg.
Formerly Madvillain.
BigStu

Postby BigStu » 2014 Jan 31, 23:27

great move, bargain for sunderland, no doubt will shine in the prem

Return to “Nottingham Forest FC”