Ben Watson

Moderators: BigStu, Jez, Phil, Welbeck19, Brahms, Mod's

PES Stats Database

Ben Watson

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 17, 08:45

avantsweater

Re: Ben WATSON

Postby avantsweater » 2010 Jan 04, 01:42

I really hope Watson gets some games he's a good player and his eye for goals is great.

Excellent striker of the ball and can really hit a volley.

Got a few red cards at QPR on loan though!
avantsweater

Postby avantsweater » 2011 Jun 01, 17:26

He's being played as a Xabi Alonso / Pirlo type deep lying playmaker now and is actually getting pretty decent at it!

In my formation I just assign him as a DMF with high defense and no attack arrows and he plays pretty much how he does in reality. Paired with Diamé in CMF and a forward attack arrow and McCarthy as a defensive AMF the team pretty much mirrors the real one.
Paddy

Postby Paddy » 2011 Jun 01, 21:21

He's a quality short passer with a good engine, I dunno about his long passing though, but he's impressed me with his through balls.
WHUfan

Postby WHUfan » 2011 Sep 14, 19:20

avantsweater wrote:He's being played as a Xabi Alonso / Pirlo type deep lying playmaker now and is actually getting pretty decent at it!

In my formation I just assign him as a DMF with high defense and no attack arrows and he plays pretty much how he does in reality. Paired with Diamé in CMF and a forward attack arrow and McCarthy as a defensive AMF the team pretty much mirrors the real one.

Couldn't he probably have DMF in his positions now? He's played the Pirlo role for a while now
avantsweater

Postby avantsweater » 2011 Sep 17, 05:54

Yup for sure.
SpartakRW

Re: Ben Watson

Postby SpartakRW » 2016 Dec 30, 02:51

Add AMF.
Oklahomastate010

Postby Oklahomastate010 » 2019 Jan 19, 19:43

One to watch for a general decrease
Oklahomastate010

Postby Oklahomastate010 » 2019 May 22, 14:17

Ok I’ve watched a bit more Forest and can make a few comments on how to correct this and make him not one of the best mods in the championship anymore. First, he’s a more defensive player and has been for a few years now. His attack value needs to be 64-65 given how little (read: slightly above none) he offers in the final third. His defensive value is fine for what he offers, but 66 might be a better value as it seems he’s more likely to jump into rash challenges and pick up a booking. He’s not too good resisting challenges from strong players (but 77 feels good) and got good stamina, but stamina above 81 isn’t needed. He’s not the guy running the whole game. Speed is 76 ts and acc around 77 now I think response is fine. Drop agility to 76 as he’s much stiffer now it seems. Da might even be 74-75 since it’s always been quite poor and he is just smart to not use it nowadays instead of being exposed more often. DS is 76 material as well. Passing is where he needs only some changes as he’s still really quality at long passing. I think his short passing is less dangerous and he’s making strictly simple passes now in the short game. Speed is what connects his passes to their targets and I don’t think accuracy is anything above low to mid green. Long passing is where I see him noticeably better than short and at the same levels as above. Sps can probably get dropped to 82 as well. He’s been in a system this season not good for his play style it feels like as his pass numbers are down significantly after being really good in total number per game last year. Can’t hold that against the guy. His long passes are mostly diagonal balls to the wings, but still quite well hit and he’s got one of the better long services in the Championship. For shooting: he hasn’t scored a goal in like 3 years and isn’t a talented shot above 66 for sa and st. Free kicks I still see nice services from. Heading is really poor as I see him get hammered constantly in the air. Direction isn’t too good either. Mid 60s for both. He barely jumps and can’t do anything with it. Aggression is a relic of when he was an attacking threat and is 72 tops now. Form 4 as well since he’s pretty average consistency wise for a not really starter.

He’s a good passer over long distances and still adequate enough to hold his own deeper in the midfield, but much less of an attacker than he had been.

Return to “Nottingham Forest FC”