PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Stefan de Vrij

Postby PES Stats Database » 2010 Aug 22, 13:35

FernandoA13
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Stefan de Vrij

Postby FernandoA13 » 2013 Feb 01, 12:54

I have been paying close attention to him, his passing is very good. I always knew that but its like great for a CB. His short passing is better then Luijckx and Alderweireld imo. SPA could easily be 79 imo. Looks at the PSV match (KNVB Beker), he made another 2 great passes.
Sporting Clube de Portugal meu amor / Working on new sets and updating Liga Sagres
jupes
New Stat Maker

Postby jupes » 2013 Mar 10, 13:25

Looked fairly comfortable today in his physical tussles with Demouge.
Fides

Postby Fides » 2013 Mar 10, 14:23

Yeah he got a bit bigger and stronger during this season.
jupes
New Stat Maker

Postby jupes » 2013 Jun 18, 20:38

I know it's off-season, but beside beforementioned alterations, I feel his Explosive Power is most urgently in need of an adjustment.

Turning and acceleration is a glaring weakness in Stefan's play. He always struggles in one-on-ones vs. quick and nimble players. K. Volland, most recently.

Whatever the number, EP should never be green.
Roy
PSD Elite

Postby Roy » 2013 Jun 19, 05:37

jupes wrote:I know it's off-season, but beside beforementioned alterations, I feel his Explosive Power is most urgently in need of an adjustment.

Turning and acceleration is a glaring weakness in Stefan's play. He always struggles in one-on-ones vs. quick and nimble players. K. Volland, most recently.

Whatever the number, EP should never be green.

Definitely agree! His physical capabilities hamper him the most, he's not strong, not fast, and really not agile...
jurgens wrote:i could take a shit on my keyboard and produce something that has more relevance in game

jurgens wrote:the only muscle you'll ever have is that of a better man than yous cock

jurgens wrote:Do it yourself you smelly bean dipping porfavor
Fides

Postby Fides » 2013 Jun 19, 07:34

What about this set now:)?
Roy
PSD Elite

Postby Roy » 2013 Jun 19, 07:36

BB's too high, the previous 80 was fine, and I don't see his TS this high, his ACC is decent, like 75, but his TS is like 74...
jurgens wrote:i could take a shit on my keyboard and produce something that has more relevance in game

jurgens wrote:the only muscle you'll ever have is that of a better man than yous cock

mat880
Regular Poster

Postby mat880 » 2013 Aug 08, 09:51

jupes
New Stat Maker

Postby jupes » 2013 Aug 09, 07:43

As noted before, his motions are Blancian and impressive even on an international stage. Dribbling, retention, distribution; for a CB probably already among Europe's elite.

His weakness was exposed again last weekend though, when he was crucially outmuscled by G. Fernandez (BB 80) vs. Zwolle.

I agree with Roy, BB 80 max for now, tho 79 is perhaps more accurate.
Fides

Postby Fides » 2013 Aug 09, 09:52

Fernandez might be a tad underrated with 80 though. But I will downgrade de Vrij to 80:) I guess we could delete the SB position as well?
Roy
PSD Elite

Postby Roy » 2013 Sep 22, 08:16

His MENT is probably one of his worse(r) traits, he just can't deal with pressure at all, he starts doing stupid things when Feyenoord's under pressure, 80 makes him look a good player under pressure, he's far from that, really far, i'd put him at 73-74, may seem really low, but what has he done to deserve any higher?

TW also isn't any higher than 76, he has a tendency to just stop careing about his teammates and do weird or stupid things or just charge out of the backline like an idiot...

I'm also pretty sure both BB and DEF are high greens at best, he's really got a lot to work to do on his defensive skills, he's basically playing DMF now...

jupes
New Stat Maker

Postby jupes » 2013 Sep 29, 17:55

Can see where Roy is coming from, but we must also be careful not to rely too much on his recent form.

He's having a poor spell, like 99% of young talents have some time after bursting onto the scene. It's good to re-evaluate his abilities critically on this basis, but it shouldn't negate what he has shown previously.

That said, I strongly agree with high greens for DEF and BAL. I'd put both at about 79.

I also agree on lowering TW, though not as drastically. 78/79.

MENT can be lowered to about the same level (here I think Roy is guilty of slightly exaggerating, perhaps inadvertently on the basis of Stefan's form). Curent value is too high, sure. But when he finds his feet again I'm confident he'll perform under pressure. I don't think it's a matter of De Vrij being fazed that much by big occasions, it's just that currently he's having a hard time finding back his mental comfort zone. 77/78/79.

Lastly, I'd consider a slight raise in RES. He is VERY responsive. A little too responsive actually for his limited physical and defensive capabilities, and it gets him in trouble on a regular basis. 83/84 wouldn't look weird on him at all, in my view.
mcmattie
PSD Elite

Postby mcmattie » 2013 Oct 03, 15:03

I agree he lacks a bit of Ment, so should be lowered a bit, low green like 75/76 should be fine. TW is still decent I think but also not yellows, a higher green value like 78/79.
I see his Def and BB around 79/80. Perhaps BB 79 and Def 80 then for now.
I like the Resp idea. Wouldn't mind a slight raise at all.
Roy
PSD Elite

Postby Roy » 2014 Feb 08, 10:19

Yeah there's no way he's even near this good:

DEF: 78/79, he's pretty shaky lately, and I never considered him to be top-of-the-eredivisie-ladder in terms of DEF anyway.
BB: 79, he seems to lose a good part of his defensive duels, he's not strong at all.
MENT: 76 can't really cope with pressure at all, he usually goes way too far...
TW: 76, not really a good communicator, pretty individual...

Roy
PSD Elite

Postby Roy » 2014 Feb 10, 17:36

Any good reason you've left his DEF at the current value? If there is an unsure tackler, it has to be him, 79 at most...

mcmattie
PSD Elite

Postby mcmattie » 2014 Feb 10, 18:03

I felt it wasn't really decided yet which value to give him and I have doubts myself what he would deserve.
Roy
PSD Elite

Postby Roy » 2014 May 19, 19:59

Gave him a few changes, open for discussion!

Fides

Postby Fides » 2014 May 29, 13:32

Isnt this TW too harsh? Woudnt 77/78 be more fair?
jupes
New Stat Maker

Postby jupes » 2014 Jun 01, 08:28

Has been excellent as a CWP for the NT.

His lack of mobility and strength are masked, there, and he can take more risks with his dribbling and passing abilities.

Credit to Van Gaal, who shows maturity by molding his system to best accommodate the qualities of his players, instead of the other way around (like he did in his first term).
Roy
PSD Elite

Postby Roy » 2014 Jun 07, 10:35

Just when I gave him a deserved downgrade he's actually close to the form of his life, he's indeed been awesome lately, watch him at the WC, he might be really good there...

Return to “FC Internazionale Milano”