Mamadou Sakho

Moderators: Welbeck19, Brahms, Jez, BigStu, Phil, Mod's

PES Stats Database

Mamadou Sakho

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 14, 11:09

PIPA23

Re: Mamadou Sakho

Postby PIPA23 » 2015 Nov 16, 04:14

Mamadou Sakho vs Rubin Kazan (A) 15-16: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85JMWtbEgBk
amine

Postby amine » 2015 Dec 20, 15:38

Was utter shite today, couldn't keep up with Ighalo or stay on his feet against Deeney. He didn't show anything near the current BB & TS values, something to keep an eye on as it he might need some kind of downgrade or it might be just down to form.
Ramindbroken

Postby Ramindbroken » 2015 Dec 20, 18:30

Don't know about TS, he never looked too fast for me, anyway it probably was an ACC problem. About BB, he's a beast, I have him on 87 BB, just a bad match I think.
amine

Postby amine » 2016 Feb 09, 23:30

God he's awful, been awful for Months now. TW should be much much lower and If we're going to keep the current set he shouldn't be over a 3 in form.
Welbeck19

Postby Welbeck19 » 2016 Feb 10, 12:02

He's been very poor indeed for this last while. I certainly agree with lower TW and form, although I don't think we need to go past 4 for form IMO(other members and mods may have a different viewpoint). As for TW what he's shown of late wouldn't be much better than high 60's at best, also I'm unsure as to implement these changes now as this may be just a bad run of form and he could very handily come out of it. I think it may be best to leave it as for the meanwhile before making said changes, though another opinion on it would be welcome.
Its All Academic

Postby Its All Academic » 2016 Mar 07, 13:52

Welbeck19 wrote:He's been very poor indeed for this last while. I certainly agree with lower TW and form, although I don't think we need to go past 4 for form IMO(other members and mods may have a different viewpoint). As for TW what he's shown of late wouldn't be much better than high 60's at best, also I'm unsure as to implement these changes now as this may be just a bad run of form and he could very handily come out of it. I think it may be best to leave it as for the meanwhile before making said changes, though another opinion on it would be welcome.

Is it possible the rotation (due to injuries) of CB at LFC has made him less effective than earlier in the season when he was one of their top performing centre backs?
Ramindbroken

Postby Ramindbroken » 2016 Mar 07, 14:50

I agree with Welbeck19 here, the set makes him a freaking machine in game and almost has no weak point. I think he could be even stronger and sit on 87, but TW is just so bad, his coordination with his teammates sucks and he's always at the wrong place and time (kinda like David Luiz but not that bad). He manages to be a good defender overall thanks to his RES/DEF/BB/TS combo, but he's pretty similar to Ramos in the aspect of leaving freaking huge holes in the last line when he gets out to tackle. This is white TW for me, maybe not as bad as Ramos or David Luiz, but 72-73 max here. Could be much lower but I want to see him more, probably it's a Form problem too (he could be at 4 like most of you already suggested). Also I don't know if he's still this agile. I know he is already at whites but looks more like 70, on pair with Mathieu.
Relja

Postby Relja » 2016 Mar 07, 14:56

He's terrible. TW and def down. I don't agree with you Ramindbroken about him being a good defender overall, i think he's one of those players playing on that level just because of their great physical abilities. He's terrible passer, has no any real defensive quality except good determenation and strenght + pace, but except phsyical atributes he's so terrible. Terrible man marker, and one of the most overrated players and CB's of our generation, in pair with his national teammate Mangala. Two terrible defenders.
Relja

Postby Relja » 2016 Mar 07, 14:57

His passing stats are so overrated too.
KeyserSoze

Postby KeyserSoze » 2016 Mar 07, 15:04

If he plays more often, it's mostly because his backup cover is as retarded as him, if not even more (Skrtel, Caulker,...). Nevertheless, I can't agree about the last comment regarding his passes.
I think his main problem is that he thinks he's a fairly better defender than what he really is, which causes him to commit utterly stupid mistakes from time to time.
It's like him watching a biased, overrated image of himself when looking at a mirror.
"Willy Wanda is Chinese!!!"
PIPA23

Postby PIPA23 » 2016 Mar 08, 12:45

Mamadou Sakho vs Crystal Palace (A) 15-16: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq6NSaQW4EU
PIPA23

Postby PIPA23 » 2016 Mar 18, 07:52

Mamadou Sakho vs Man United (A) 15-16: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWnsaMUDPlE
PIPA23

Postby PIPA23 » 2016 Apr 11, 09:35

Mamadou Sakho vs Borussia Dortmund (A) 15-16: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cce8-MQ16Qk
jurgens

Postby jurgens » 2016 Apr 14, 13:42

I was waiting for another mod to update him, so I didn't bother touching him for awhile, but I've been wathcing more of him lately so I've redone his set.

I just toned down his def - which may not be that nessacry, his fucks up arent nessacrily related to that. It's mostly just being a retard and awful positioning. We had already highlighted that he was a great short passer, but I've given it the proper attention it deserves now. Hes an insanely good passer, he could be played in the mid as a pure distributor... easy. His passing is so consistently accurate under any circumstances. Hes a physical monster, with beuatiful passing and suprsingly good on the ball skills, hes just pretty bad sometimes at being an actual defender and prone to errors. I'd like to see that burden lessened by playing him as a CMF... he could be absolutely insane as a destroyer/distributor.
Chenghis.Khan

Postby Chenghis.Khan » 2016 Apr 14, 17:45

Interesting thought but I don't believe he can be a good CM for a club with Liverpool's ambition. It's really tough to integrate midfielders into a short passing game nowadays if they lack TW, first touch and the agility/dribbling to beat or evade pressure, especially with the number pressing-oriented coaches rising in the EPL. Boateng & Hummels wouldn't be the best CMs either methinks. A strong & fast CB who can pass the ball should be worth his weight in gold for a coach like Klopp though.
jurgens

Postby jurgens » 2016 Apr 14, 18:12

It's really tough to integrate midfielders into a short passing game nowadays if they lack TW, first touch and the agility/dribbling to beat or evade pressure

He got all of thise though, not the agility, but you don't need that if you have the dribbling/technique/balance....like say, yaya. The only place he really shines when hes pinging out passes and distrubuting.
I think hes the probably the best possesion CB in the world right now, thats only at possesion.... hes very far from a best CB at anything defensive, but hes an asbolute monster physically. I think he could be something like a more passing orientated viera :lol:
PIPA23

Postby PIPA23 » 2016 Apr 14, 22:54

Chenghis.Khan

Postby Chenghis.Khan » 2016 Apr 15, 20:43

jurgens wrote:
It's really tough to integrate midfielders into a short passing game nowadays if they lack TW, first touch and the agility/dribbling to beat or evade pressure

He got all of thise though, not the agility, but you don't need that if you have the dribbling/technique/balance....like say, yaya. The only place he really shines when hes pinging out passes and distrubuting.
I think hes the probably the best possesion CB in the world right now, thats only at possesion.... hes very far from a best CB at anything defensive, but hes an asbolute monster physically. I think he could be something like a more passing orientated viera :lol:

You think he's a better distributor than Hummels & Bonucci? :shock: If he has all those abilities, his stats don't reflect that at all. Dribbling is decent (still low though) but TEC, TW & ATT are terrible. 82 STA is also not much for a midfield destroyer.
Yea you need one of dribbling/agility/balance to protect the ball. Always thought Gattuso was surprisingly good with the ball at his feet (especially ingame) because he had good AGI & BB. Obviously he didn't have the ideas or technical means to execute much going forward though.
jurgens

Postby jurgens » 2016 Apr 15, 23:23

Chenghis.Khan wrote:
You think he's a better distributor than Hummels & Bonucci?

yeah, hes better at maintaining possession , hes not incisive, but hes better at maintaining the ball than the two imo. Hes weird though, sometimes he acts as a pure distrubutor and other times he just acts like a regular player, could see that last night, think it's to do with emre can, not sure if its klopps instructions or what.

his stats don't reflect that at all.

yeah gotta ignore his stats, it's how he plays in reality, his stats have positional limitations in place, if he was playing in the mid he'd be rated differently.
Chenghis.Khan

Postby Chenghis.Khan » 2016 Apr 16, 08:13

jurgens wrote: his stats have positional limitations in place

I get the low TW and you don't need ATT if you play it safe most of the time but can you explain how his position puts limits on his TEC? Is it just that you don't need much of it as a CB because you usually have time & space on the ball and don't need to turn or do anything fancy with your 1st touch? Do CBs need limits on DA & DS?

I guess I'll have to watch him some more, still have the Spurs game on my hd. You make him sound really interesting. The passing primacy makes some sense because the reds lack deep playmakers (don't hink Can is consistently good at it). There are a lot of really good possession-maintaining CBs in Europe though: Badstuber & basically everyone at Bayern, Koulibaly, Ramos, the guys at Barca & at Fiorentina just off the top of my head. But yeah many of them have their strengths in incisive forward passing like Hummels & Bonucci.

Return to “Crystal Palace FC”