Moderator: Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

José Sosa

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 18:55

EXPLANATIONS:
Spoiler: show
Att. / Def. : Sosa has not yet this classic striker sense. He moves well, know how to use the depth of the room and goes into the gaps, but he has to improve there to be a more dangerous striker, I see him as being similar to Bordagaray.

On the defensive, he has the advantage that Estudiantes is very low. He`sthe first attacker, sit defenders under pressure. He moves a lot and has learned to stand in the room, well.
Balance: Sosa knows now to use his body. He prevails over defenders. In Germany he was separated from the ball too easily. In Argentina, the game is similar physically, but he now knows the other hand to hold. To assert oneself in duels.

Passing Abilities: I have so far not changed. In Germany, I would have appreciated his passing game, but now he plays much more offensive at Estudiantes. it brings nice short passes, beautiful crosses on both sides. But he is not the central Figure, why his passing abilities aren`t on the focus.

Sosa plays really good corners, but what is more to his curl, as in his Accurity. He has a fantastic curl. However, he still lacks a bit of the dip, so that the corners are even more dangerous. This is also the basis why his free kicks, no weapons. He needs a little more dip, so his balls would fall down a bit in the right moment.

Dribbling / Response / Technique: He has a really good ball handling but that he looks so good in dribbling is also due to his response, his agilty and his real nice first touch. With his first touch and quick move he is able to adapt to two defenders. The teamwork of these points gives him the authorization for the star. He is not the player with the closest ball-control, but he uses his various skills to be hard to stop too.

Stamina / Ment: He runs a lot. He is not the player, the full 90 minutes only movement is. Again and again he takes time outs but he is ready to run, he work for the team. go the routes, move a lot to side (that`s why I give him this star), to bring a cross, so there is a gap for an attacking midfielder or a side midfielder who go to the middle.

Team Work: He is not selfish. But sometimes he lacks the overview. That was his problem in Munich that he don´t has the view for the better opportunity, but, still he tries to put other players in the scene.

s-cobar
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: José Ernesto SOSA

Postby s-cobar » 2010 Mar 15, 09:46

[see first post]

This is my view of him, include this notes from Jason.
jmg721 wrote:Notes vs Boca:
*CF/SS - good effort/dribbled around defender/made nice LF cross almost assist/decent BB/good pace/chasing down defenders who posses the ball/pretty good on ball/RF shot from distance goal off balance with lots of power...AWESOME! 31meters out/

Notes vs Independiente:
CF 15 Sosa - took on a few players on the ball and drew a foul/*drib/RF CK taker/playing a little all over the place/a FK option/awful RF cross/

Notes vs San Lo:
*CF 7 José Ernesto Sosa - two guys on his left and right when receiving the ball from nunez, and as Bottinelli comes to put pressure he pushes the ball with his 1st touch ahead of himself and past Bottinelli and chases it down and delivered a nice cut spass cross assist/faster than A. Torres/tracked back well but made foul/well placed simple RF outside spass underpressure in MF/used pace on the ball to start counter/pretty nice RF cross into box/attacked from the left/helping out defensively on the left

It may seem as if I had him overrated, but I do not think so. Sosavery complete player. It is useful in all areas. Nowhere really stands out but versatile.
Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself
Messias18
Valued Contributor

Re: José SOSA

Postby Messias18 » 2010 Mar 15, 14:51

Thanks s-cobar, Moved to the first post 8-)
Orgullo, Pasión y Gloria
jmg721
PSD Guru

Postby jmg721 » 2010 Mar 15, 15:10

nice job 8-)
"The Recoba Effect"
Messias18
Valued Contributor

Postby Messias18 » 2010 Mar 23, 15:09

He scored a great FK goal vs Atlético Tucumán!
Orgullo, Pasión y Gloria
Manolo
New Stat Maker

Postby Manolo » 2010 Mar 23, 15:39

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leeADHPZssw

Second gol of Estudiantes ,
s-cobar

Postby s-cobar » 2010 Mar 24, 10:41

nice one - no doubt. If he score one or two more, I´ll think about his FKA value. at the moment I thin 76 represents him quite well.
Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself
xcristiano1992
New Contributor

Postby xcristiano1992 » 2010 Apr 02, 16:07

Sosa plays really well for Estudiantes last games, he is an important part of the team.
The actual Set in first post represents him quite good ingame. He has got a nice ball-handling if you play with him (I have him registred in Munich, fav. Team + fav. Player Sosa)
Boa Morchi
New Stat Maker

Postby Boa Morchi » 2010 Apr 15, 19:02

FK acc may go up a few points, suggest 79-80
s-cobar

Postby s-cobar » 2010 Apr 19, 08:02

Like I said above, if he score one more I´ll update him - so after the last nice Free Kick - updated!
julgui

Postby julgui » 2010 Apr 22, 02:43

P12 - Incisive Run ?
Señor Ascenso | Mr. Lower Leagues
BiG TeL
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby BiG TeL » 2010 May 12, 22:16

julgui wrote:P12 - Incisive Run ?
Agree.

Does he need more cards? Mazing Run? Early Cross?
s-cobar

Postby s-cobar » 2010 May 14, 05:25

I think Inclisive run is enough yet.
s-cobar

Postby s-cobar » 2010 Aug 23, 08:19

move to Napoli
Ace

Postby Ace » 2010 Dec 01, 22:21

Added Incisive Run since it was agreed by you months ago.
tasmin

Postby tasmin » 2010 Dec 03, 10:05

his long passes are quite special . i still remember his early and late days at bayern munich !

he used to play at the right mid and his long crosses were a threat to opponents .

i would think of yellow value for his long pass accuracy .

he is a majestic long ball player.his crosses , free-kicks,long passes and long shots has very good curl .
vamos arriba la celeste !
s-cobar

Postby s-cobar » 2010 Dec 03, 10:11

tasmin wrote:his long passes are quite special . i still remember his early and late days at bayern munich !

he used to play at the right mid and his long crosses were a threat to opponents .

i would think of yellow value for his long pass accuracy .

he is a majestic long ball player.his crosses , free-kicks,long passes and long shots has very good curl .

The curl is nice like it is. Cause yes, he has a decent curl, but he has problems with the dip, the ball didn´t fall in the right moment so often.

There were just a few matches at bayern. The most were crap. The most of the set in the first post is during his time at estudiantes, if I take too much of his Bayern time I´ve to decrease him in nearly all areas.

I don´t see his long passes in a yellow area for the moment. Often his balls are just a long ball from the right side, without a target, it`s just in the air on apoint and hopefully a big guy is there. He isn`t a crosser. I said it in the past he`s a very complete player but there are nealry no skills were he`s outstanding
tasmin

Postby tasmin » 2010 Dec 03, 10:28

s-cobar wrote: The curl is nice like it is. Cause yes, he has a decent curl, but he has problems with the dip, the ball didn´t fall in the right moment so often.

There were just a few matches at bayern. The most were crap. The most of the set in the first post is during his time at estudiantes, if I take too much of his Bayern time I´ve to decrease him in nearly all areas.

I don´t see his long passes in a yellow area for the moment. Often his balls are just a long ball from the right side, without a target, it`s just in the air on apoint and hopefully a big guy is there. He isn`t a crosser. I said it in the past he`s a very complete player but there are nealry no skills were he`s outstanding

i can agree with you with other points that he is an ordinary player but as i said i watched some matches in bayern and also in estudiantes and very few in napoli but his long balls are very good.

his long passes are quite accurate.i said about the accuracy not the dip ! and dip of a cross is related with the ball and air speed .

so i don't see any problem to give him yellow value in his LPA .

it's the LPS which is at 77 which will make his crosses as you said,

"the ball didn´t fall in the right moment so often."
vamos arriba la celeste !
s-cobar

Postby s-cobar » 2010 Dec 03, 10:37

The dip is represented by curl. To come to the othe rpoint - I saw all macthes of Bayern and nealry 90% of the matches of Estudiantes. At Estudiantes it was difficuilt, he played in his first time more a SS. Was the cornerkick taker and a lot of corners were crap.

So at bayern he was on the right side if any coach wanna use him, the most crosses from the right side were by Lahm. He has the better crosses and it`s mostly that the SM play a short pass in the halffiled to the siedeback and he comes up with the cross. In the early days of Sosa at bayern it was Lahm from the left and Oddo from the right. Sosa do kick so much crosses. But yes if he do it, they could come accurate but not so much. mostly just on a point near the goal in the box where Luca was there or Miro to come up with their header abilities. He didn´t come up with long balls from the centre - he prefers the short passing game. If I take a view to the ladder of the BL and compare him with other guys who are on 80 or 81 in LPA he isn´t on that level also if I take a view to his curl who is on a low 80s level.

I´m not a bmod of the Serie A and maybe some guys see it like you - but I can just say what I think, when I create the set I raised his LPA from 76 to 79 after testing it and I can`t see him on a higher level. I can´t see long balls who come from the outline on a specific point that it is easy for a striker to use them - all what I can see is a good cross who come on a point where a striker could use his positoalplay and his balance to use them but it is compare with work by the striker almost always.
PIPA23

Postby PIPA23 » 2011 Jul 26, 17:26

move to Metalist Kharkiv, n. 11

http://www.metalist.ua/news/2657.html
julgui

Postby julgui » 2011 Aug 01, 03:25

move to editor done!

Transfer to FC Metalist Kharkiv _ukr