PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Nicolás Martínez

Postby PES Stats Database » 2010 Sep 21, 20:44

Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Re: Nicolás Martínez

Postby Vickingo » 2015 Apr 21, 11:11

Didn't he join Olympiakos? If it's that, such a great step on his career.
stavrello7
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby stavrello7 » 2015 Apr 21, 11:34

He is the best player in league. Sadly informed that he will join that club.
www.facebook.com/betweenfourlines
www.facebook.com/GRPatchPGPES6
Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Postby Vickingo » 2015 Apr 21, 12:41

Why do you say that? He won't play that much right? Will he be sub of Chori?
stavrello7

Postby stavrello7 » 2015 Apr 21, 18:18

Vickingo wrote:Why do you say that? He won't play that much right? Will he be sub of Chori?

Don't know how he will be used. Usually they bought players and send them on loan to other clubs for their own reasons.. Maybe he will have better luck due to his quality.
www.facebook.com/betweenfourlines
www.facebook.com/GRPatchPGPES6
chamakh

Postby chamakh » 2015 Jul 02, 21:42

chamakh

Postby chamakh » 2015 Aug 19, 14:19

petreleo

Re: Nicolás Martínez, Anorthosis Famagusta

Postby petreleo » 2016 Mar 21, 19:59

An incredible player who is currently wasted out-wide as a Winger for out-of-form Anorthosis. Having considered APOEL's De Vincenti to be more of an Attacker than a Playmaker, Nico Martinez is definitely the best Attacking-Midfielder currently in Cyprus, and only Omonoia's Nuno Assis can be considered to be anywhere near him.

When Anorthosis was on-form in the first places of the League, until a couple of months ago, Nico was playing in his favorite Number-10 role and he was doing everything they could ask for, dribbling and speeding away from defenders like nobody else in their team could, playing some outstanding passes and giving some class assists. The only thing that was missing from his game was his finishing, and lack of goals.

In recent months, he has been played a lot as a out-wide, mostly as a Right and even as a Left-Winger, and he has struggled a bit in that role, as he didn't enjoy the same freedom as he does when he plays through the center, and this is, I think, the biggest problem that resulted to Anorthosis' bad form in recent months.

It looks almost certain that he will leave Anorthosis at the end of the Season and he will return to parent club, Olympiacos Piraeus, where he isn't needed, so he will have to find a new team, either or on-loan or most probably at his age on a permanent transfer. Recent reports link him to APOEL Nicosia as a replacement for flop Attacking-Midfield signing, Semir Štilić, with Olympiacos wanting 1 million for him and another million for Giannis Gianniotas from the Cypriots.

With recent changes, his Set looks almost perfect. Only things that might need changes in the future are possible downgrade on Form(having struggled a bit with Form like when played as a Winger), downgrade on Stamina(rarely finishes games on the same high tempo as he starts them, and he gets substituted a fair amount of times, as well), downgrade on Header Accuracy(because he looks like a player that almost never uses his head), and upgrade on Response(really clever player with his movement).

Any opinions from Greek League fans?
Houy
PSD Elite

Re: Nicolás Martínez, Anorthosis Famagusta

Postby Houy » 2016 Mar 21, 20:17

He is a great player indeed,good work on his update btw, stats for really good players in the Greek league are a lot of time underrated which frustrates me,this set looks spot on and Att 76 is well deserved,he is very smart and creative in att,he is like a younger Chori with the exception of scoring instinct which Chori has in abundance and he lacks ,the danger he creates and somewhat worse BC,too bad Olympiakos have Fortounis , the actual Chori and Fuster,if there's a surprise departure in the summer,i'd love to see him in red and whites,he was unlucky missing the whole pre-season and getting left behind,otherwise Apoel would be a good move,he is better than De Vincenti,but i might have a preference for this kind of player with his moments of magic so i am a little biased.
petreleo

Re: Nicolás Martínez, Apollon Limassol

Postby petreleo » 2018 Feb 28, 18:11

Stats would suggests that currently he is having a slightly better Season at Apollon Limassol, than two Seasons ago with Anorthosis Famagusta, but the truth is he is currently not as good as back then, and he only scored more goals because he is playing at a better team.

In contrast with two Seasons ago at Anorthosis, he has failed this Season to become a regular first-eleven player for Apollon, irrespective of his playing posiition. He is currently behind Alex Da Silva in the pegging order for Attacking-Midfield, and in addition to that, Apollon sometimes plays with a 4-4-2 and with Maglica and Zelaya up-front. As a result, like big parts of the Season two years ago, when Martinez plays, he is usually out-Wide as a Winger again.

I don't think that his form had been good enough this Season when he played, and because of that, in addition to a couple of injuries like at the moment, his game-time hasn't been satisfactory enough this Season. He was even in the news last January because of lack of game-time, about looking for a transfer away, either to Panionios or Philadelphia Union in the MLS. At one point it looked like it was happening, as Apollon was searching for attacking replacements like Ben Mohamed, again from Olympiacos, but health problems of midfielder Bedoya, changed the needs of Apollon in the transfer-market to looking for a Defensive-Midfielder(Markovic).

I think that his Set is really good, and the only thing that I would change is downgrading his Form to 3-4, and maybe his Stamina as well to 76-77.
petreleo

Re: Nicolás Martínez, Apollon Limassol

Postby petreleo » 2018 May 17, 18:22

petreleo wrote:Stats would suggests that currently he is having a slightly better Season at Apollon Limassol, than two Seasons ago with Anorthosis Famagusta, but the truth is he is currently not as good as back then, and he only scored more goals because he is playing at a better team.

In contrast with two Seasons ago at Anorthosis, he has failed this Season to become a regular first-eleven player for Apollon, irrespective of his playing posiition. He is currently behind Alex Da Silva in the pegging order for Attacking-Midfield, and in addition to that, Apollon sometimes plays with a 4-4-2 and with Maglica and Zelaya up-front. As a result, like big parts of the Season two years ago, when Martinez plays, he is usually out-Wide as a Winger again.

I don't think that his form had been good enough this Season when he played, and because of that, in addition to a couple of injuries like at the moment, his game-time hasn't been satisfactory enough this Season. He was even in the news last January because of lack of game-time, about looking for a transfer away, either to Panionios or Philadelphia Union in the MLS. At one point it looked like it was happening, as Apollon was searching for attacking replacements like Ben Mohamed, again from Olympiacos, but health problems of midfielder Bedoya, changed the needs of Apollon in the transfer-market to looking for a Defensive-Midfielder(Markovic).

Please move him back to _gre Olympiacos Piraeus, after his loan spell at Apollon Limassol has ended.
It really was an unfruitful spell there, he had been a back-option, experienced some injuries especially after January, and when he did play, it was mainly as a Winger, rather than as an Attacking-Midfielder.
As a result, his Set needs some downgrades, like the ones I have mentioned in the post above:

petreleo wrote:I think that his Set is really good, and the only thing that I would change is downgrading his Form to 3-4, and maybe his Stamina as well to 76-77.

Photo:
Spoiler: show

Return to “Aris Thessaloniki FC”