VUKDS
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Bruno Petković

Postby VUKDS » 2018 Nov 13, 05:44

Moysís
Regular Poster

Postby Moysís » 2018 Nov 13, 09:49

Surely first candidate for the goal of the season in HNL and obviously this guy develop from match to match.. really glad for him..
staubsauger
New Stat Maker

Postby staubsauger » 2019 Sep 19, 14:54

In Terms of technique definitely the best Player of Dinamo, his touch is so clean and he is so comfortable in tight spaces like a Futsal Player! But sometimes he is doing too much, he is a Little bit too incosnistent and his fnishing has to be better but definitely a fantastic Player, Always having really many touches as a striker as his playing style is more of a SS than a CF. Physically he is also great, he is like a bear and its really hard to get him down. The set describes him really good so just some tweaks has to be done.

My Suggestion:

Spoiler: show
Balance: 86 -> 89
Stamina: 75 -> 78
Dribble Accuracy: 80 -> 83
Short Pass Accuracy: 76 -> 78
Shot Accuracy: 74 -> 75
Shot Technique: 73 -> 76
Header: 80 -> 82
Technique: 83 -> 86
Condition/Fitness: 2 -> 4
royvd
Regular Poster

Postby royvd » 2019 Oct 16, 13:45

staubsauger wrote:In Terms of technique definitely the best Player of Dinamo, his touch is so clean and he is so comfortable in tight spaces like a Futsal Player! But sometimes he is doing too much, he is a Little bit too incosnistent and his fnishing has to be better but definitely a fantastic Player, Always having really many touches as a striker as his playing style is more of a SS than a CF. Physically he is also great, he is like a bear and its really hard to get him down. The set describes him really good so just some tweaks has to be done.

My Suggestion:

Great suggestions. I haven't been able to see much of him lately but was a massive fan of him during his Livorno days. Always seemed an incredibly promising player and great to see that he's now showing this on the big stage. He's a bit Zlatan like in terms of his physical presence and combining that with a surprising technique and gracefulness on the ball.
staubsauger
New Stat Maker

Postby staubsauger » 2019 Dec 11, 16:55

royvd wrote:
staubsauger wrote:In Terms of technique definitely the best Player of Dinamo, his touch is so clean and he is so comfortable in tight spaces like a Futsal Player! But sometimes he is doing too much, he is a Little bit too incosnistent and his fnishing has to be better but definitely a fantastic Player, Always having really many touches as a striker as his playing style is more of a SS than a CF. Physically he is also great, he is like a bear and its really hard to get him down. The set describes him really good so just some tweaks has to be done.

My Suggestion:

Great suggestions. I haven't been able to see much of him lately but was a massive fan of him during his Livorno days. Always seemed an incredibly promising player and great to see that he's now showing this on the big stage. He's a bit Zlatan like in terms of his physical presence and combining that with a surprising technique and gracefulness on the ball.

Thanks mate. :D Yes, in terms of technique and vision he is incredibly good, he is a really unique player who is moving more like an offensive midfielder than a striker (lower Aggression and higher Teamwork maybe?).

He is showing this for the national team also. Kramaric will have a hard time to get his spot in the first eleven back because Petkovic is physically much more dominant and also participating more in the game than Kramaric who looks quite lost as a lonely striker. Aside of having tendencies to miss easy chances his only big weakness is that he is inconsistent and disappears for some weeks, maybe form should be rather 3 than my suggested 4.

btw his two masterful assists against Rijeka in Minute 2:40 and 3:20.
Ocrin
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ocrin » 2020 Apr 19, 03:35

This guy is an absolute baller.

His dribbling and ball carrying is very simple and relies on very good DA rather than agility and/or tricks. He doesn't use his left foot a lot but is very good with it, whether he uses it for dribbling or passing.

His first touch/heel short passes are absurd and the most impressive part of his game. If there was a stat for passing technique similar to ST, he'd be reds. He pulls of dangerous heel passes on his first touches from awkward positions on a regular basis, very impressive stuff. Overall his short passing is good but lacks range bar a few exceptions, his most dangerous passes are done from close range.

He wins a load of aerial duels too, whether it is in croatian league or UCL, but doesn't appear to be a great jumper. He doesn't really jump, just uses his body very well. Might be orange BB but I'm not set on this.
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
staubsauger
New Stat Maker

Postby staubsauger » 2020 May 03, 01:27

Ocrin wrote:This guy is an absolute baller.

His dribbling and ball carrying is very simple and relies on very good DA rather than agility and/or tricks. He doesn't use his left foot a lot but is very good with it, whether he uses it for dribbling or passing.

His first touch/heel short passes are absurd and the most impressive part of his game. If there was a stat for passing technique similar to ST, he'd be reds. He pulls of dangerous heel passes on his first touches from awkward positions on a regular basis, very impressive stuff. Overall his short passing is good but lacks range bar a few exceptions, his most dangerous passes are done from close range.

He wins a load of aerial duels too, whether it is in croatian league or UCL, but doesn't appear to be a great jumper. He doesn't really jump, just uses his body very well. Might be orange BB but I'm not set on this.

Tbh i don't know what to find more impressive, his technique or his DA? I mean he has something really Futsal-esque in his Dribbling style with his feints, he is just too damn good in small spaces and i think that there aren't many Players, let alone strikers, who feel so damn comfortable in small spaces. In terms of DA i would go with the same number as his technique, 87.

Other than that it's a shame that he is so insecure in depend of finishing and that he is so damn inconsistent. The low SA is totally spot on and his form should be reduced to 3. I hope for this guy that he will fix these things as they let him be quite ineffective. He could have a great career as there aren't many strikers around being that gifted on the ball, really an unique Player! Just a shame that the Euro Cup is set to next year, i'm so sure that he would have been one of the most surprising players in the tournament!

1:13 world class dribbling
2:08 nice feint, the back heel assist after this is just out of this world
2:33 no words needed for this one, poor Vavro was tasting the ground
2:46 another player tasting the ground
3:07 nice how he handled this Situation
3:47 good stuff
4:36 amazing against Vavro and Skriniar. These poor guys couldn't handle him at all in both matches

Some spectacular Scenes like nutmegging a slovakian defender with an elastico (as I remember it was even Skriniar but I'm not 100% sure) are missing but this will do it also. :D
El Flaco
PSD Youth League

Postby El Flaco » 2020 Jul 06, 22:45

I hope he'll leave Dinamo finally, because he's extremely good. I'd say that he's right there among the best team-oriented strikers in Europe. Just an incredible team player, technically good, intelligent, tactically great, and very, very unselfish. What's also interesting is that he understands his role perfectly, constantly brings his unselfishness up in medida and he even said that his favourite striker is Firmino, because he reminds him on himself. I have no doubt that he can lead the line in really strong club, Champions league knockout stages tier club (altough, Dinamo was kinda near that this season, considering good draw :D ) He'll turn 26 in two months and it's time for him to play 6-7 years in some of the best leagues in Europe.
It's me, Relja. Live and in stereo.
7Jonathan28
New Stat Maker

Postby 7Jonathan28 » 2020 Jul 14, 18:01

El Flaco wrote:I hope he'll leave Dinamo finally, because he's extremely good. I'd say that he's right there among the best team-oriented strikers in Europe. Just an incredible team player, technically good, intelligent, tactically great, and very, very unselfish. What's also interesting is that he understands his role perfectly, constantly brings his unselfishness up in medida and he even said that his favourite striker is Firmino, because he reminds him on himself. I have no doubt that he can lead the line in really strong club, Champions league knockout stages tier club (altough, Dinamo was kinda near that this season, considering good draw :D ) He'll turn 26 in two months and it's time for him to play 6-7 years in some of the best leagues in Europe.

Does he remind you with Firmino? Yes, they're having almost same characteristics, but for me he has more Berbatov-esque. The way they had unique move, the first touch, high technique shoots, and physicality, they're look very similar.

I'm also hoping the same like you, leaving Dinamo Zagreb soon and playing for a bigger team. With this quality, he really deserves it and achieve success.
Live life for the moment, because everything else is uncertain.
royvd
Regular Poster

Postby royvd » 2020 Sep 25, 12:24

This guy has absolutely absurd close ball controls. Pity he's inconsistent and not the goal threat he could be. Would love to see him in a bigger competition.
KeyserSoze
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby KeyserSoze » 2020 Oct 07, 16:09

For what I can recall of him, he looks more supportive than this upfront.
His lack of agility misleads to the idea of him being a somewhat lethargic player. The truth is that Petkovic is a forward player who tracks back a lot. And it is not only just for flicking some crosses, but also for linking up with his teammates. And since he's both a technically gifted and tactically commited player, that's a good approach. I would rate TW around 80 or 81.
"Willy Wanda is Chinese!!!"
staubsauger
New Stat Maker

Postby staubsauger » 2020 Oct 14, 17:09

KeyserSoze wrote:For what I can recall of him, he looks more supportive than this upfront.
His lack of agility misleads to the idea of him being a somewhat lethargic player. The truth is that Petkovic is a forward player who tracks back a lot. And it is not only just for flicking some crosses, but also for linking up with his teammates. And since he's both a technically gifted and tactically commited player, that's a good approach. I would rate TW around 80 or 81.

Lets say it like this, it really depends on his form and motivation how much he tracks back. He has just so many bad-performance spells where he kinda looks kinda uninterested and powerless in the game overall: Not tracking back, loosing balls which he normally would never loose, here and there frustrated gestics and yeah, all in all lethargic... Right now he has motivational issues, having something to do with the fact that he is way too good for the league but still playing here and with Dinamo having a bad coach who can't really motivate him and the whole squad like Bjelica used to do.

Other than that his agility is solid for his size, just in those bad matches (which he has a lot lately...) he looks stiff but also weak even in depend of BB. He generally really needs a coach who can kick his ass when it's needed but who also trusts in his abilities. In terms of this he reminds me a lot of Rebic three years ago: The talent is clearly there but the mentality is bad and too dependend on many factors. Bjelica handled perfectly with him and benched him even in some important games if needed, but the coach never lost faith in his abilities and Petkovic then returned with european class performances. His form curve is really like a roller coaster. :lol:

His TW is surely yellow which you and the other users stated right. Like I also said before he plays more like a SS or AMF (false nine) than a CF. I just hope for him that he ends his bad-performance spell today against France, it would be a perfect timing! :D

Return to “GNK Dinamo Zagreb”