Guillermo Ochoa

Moderators: tuco55, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database

Guillermo Ochoa

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 12, 11:55

Spoiler: show
Guillermo Ochoa, the young Mexican goalkeeper. Started his career at the age of 18 at his club América under Leo Beenhakker. In 2004, Adolfo Rios retired and so this youngster inhereted the number 1 of the Mexican side. Since the end of 2004 Ochoa has played every match for América bar any injuried or national duties. In this year's Copa America, Ochoa was the only goalkeeper to only conceed one goal during the whole tournament. He is also the only Mexican player to be nominated for the Ballon D'Or and interest from Manchester United, AC Miland and AFC Ajax have been rumoured.

His biggest feature by far are his fast reflexes. This guy is really a beast when it comes to fast saves from closeby and he can also tap out the long distance shots by combining his fast reflexes with a supreme jumping ability. His positioning isn't superb all the time and he's fairly strong for such a young player. His handling is good for such a youngster too and ofcourse he's a very speedy goalkeeper. He's quick to come out of his goal and when he does, he usually gets away with taking the ball. The lack of his positioning he usually makes up with his great agility, reflexes and jumping ability. On his day, this guy can make saves most goalkeepers of his age can only dream of.

Einlanzer

Re: Guillermo OCHOA, Club América

Postby Einlanzer » 2008 Dec 16, 11:51

Balance: 82-83 (Weakest point, 84 it's overrated for him imo)
Short Pass Speed: 65 (Standart value for GKs)
Mentality: 79 (Plays well in decisive matchs, that's how I got to know & appreciate him)
Team Work: 73 (I don't think he's that bad at commanding his defence, I think it could go up a bit)

The rest is fine by me ;)
Last edited by Einlanzer on 2008 Dec 16, 12:07, edited 1 time in total.
PMC

Postby PMC » 2008 Dec 16, 11:54

updated
I'm against you
Einlanzer

Postby Einlanzer » 2008 Dec 16, 12:06

Picture:

And you forgot SPS: 65, it's been estabilished as a standart value for all GKs
PMC

Postby PMC » 2008 Dec 16, 12:08

there you go ;)

now get back to work and do some brazilian players :P
I'm against you
Einlanzer

Postby Einlanzer » 2008 Dec 16, 12:15

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I will, don't worry :lol:
I'm going to post Cevallos from Libertadores 2008 champions, LDU
since they are in the Mundial de Clubes in Japan...
PMC

Postby PMC » 2008 Dec 16, 12:21

the more, the merrier ;)
I'm against you
BECKS23LA

Postby BECKS23LA » 2009 May 22, 15:34

I d rate Jump at 90-93
bjk_melo_151

Postby bjk_melo_151 » 2009 May 22, 15:46

He is more agile than 82. At least 85
κάθε πρόσωπο που είναι ένας κόσμος. káthe próso̱po pou eínai énas kósmos.
Paddy

Postby Paddy » 2009 Jun 27, 15:37

For the description use this:
courtesy of imscouting.com

Guillermo Ochoa came through the youth system of America, a team who he made his debut for in February 15, 2004 in a match against Monterrey that America won 3-2. Dutch coach Leo Beenhakker had been to see a match between two of America’s youth teams and witnessed the incredible quality and ability that Ochoa possesses.

Once Beenhakker was convinced of Ochoa’s talent he invited him to train with the first team alongside another very good goalkeeper in Adolfo Rios. His fine performances for his club led to selection for the Mexican Under-20 team where coach Humberto Grondona made him the captain. In addition, he won himself a place as the principle keeper of America once Adolfo Rio retired.

During Ochoa’s early days in the first team, America ruled Mexican football and the young custodian established himself as one of the most important players in the team. The “Eagles” won the Torneo Clausura title in 2005 and Ochoa put in some great performances. Despite his young age he also managed to control himself, which is something rare for a young player who rises to fame at one of Mexico’s giant teams.

After impressing and thanks to the pressure applied by the supporters of America, he was called up to the senior national team to play in the Gold Cup in 2005. Although he didn’t play, coach Ricardo Lavolpe kept on calling him up to the national team.

Ochoa, 6.0ft, made his national team debut on December 14, 2005 against Hungary in a match that Mexico won 2-0. Following the match FIFA wrote in their match report that: “The important thing that happened in that match was the debut of one of the most important talents born in Mexico in the last years: the 20-year-old goalkeeper, Guillermo Ochoa.”

The 23-year-old keeper is vastly popular and has received recognition from all angles. He is the only Mexican player to have been included on the France Football shortlist for the Ballon d’Or and EA Sports included him on the front cover of the FIFA 2008 and FIFA 2009 games in the Mexican and United States versions alongside Ronaldinho.

America have struggled in the latest Torneo Clausura 2009 and his team haven’t put in very good performances, there are now constant and persistent rumours that he will be transferred to Europe in the coming weeks or months.

Despite a difficult few months there is no doubting Ochoa’s quality. He is blessed with excellent handling and is capable of some spectacular saves. Having played for a giant Mexican team and also due to his short international experience, up till now he has played 21 times for Mexico, Ochoa has the temperament to play at the highest level.

Among those to have been reportedly interested are Feyenoord, Deportivo La Coruna, Everton as well as teams in the Bundeliga. For a keeper so young it can only be a matter of time before Ochoa is playing in Europe.
Jaxinho

Re: Guillermo OCHOA

Postby Jaxinho » 2009 Jul 21, 02:01

His 1 of worlds best keepers right now and i think he needs a update in response , jump and GK skills.

I think his reaction is just amazing , world class and i would suggest for response 96

Ochoa is a very atletic keeper and his jumping could be raised to 91

GK Skills i would say around 86 to 88

With some more experience he can be a legend.
Ace

Postby Ace » 2009 Jul 21, 10:45

with your suggestions he will be better than Julio Cesar, are you really sure about it?
BECKS23LA

Postby BECKS23LA » 2009 Jul 21, 10:54

suggestion above are prett high,
i suggest:

Agility 84
Jump 91-93
GK 84 is fine but i can agree with 85 tho!
Consistency 6-7

the rest is fine
Jaxinho

Postby Jaxinho » 2009 Jul 21, 11:12

Ace wrote:with your suggestions he will be better than Julio Cesar, are you really sure about it?

Very sure his better then Julio Cesar. Julio Cesar is not even a world class keeper for me.
Jaxinho

Postby Jaxinho » 2009 Jul 21, 11:13

BECKS23LA wrote:suggestion above are prett high,
i suggest:

Agility 84
Jump 91-93
GK 84 is fine but i can agree with 85 tho!
Consistency 6-7

the rest is fine

Its normal that the stats gonna be high cause his 1 of the best GKs right now.
kendees

Postby kendees » 2009 Jul 25, 09:35

He's wonderfull goalkeeper..
Response: 93
Agility: 84
Jump: 92
GK Skills: 85
I know that i don't know anything.
tamaguchi_japa

Postby tamaguchi_japa » 2009 Jul 28, 15:18

agree with kendees, but really Julio Cesar is much better than Ochoa, Julio is one of the best Serie A goalkeepers and one of the best in world, Ochoa prove himself just in America (continent), if he went to Europe and play with the same class he play in Mexico, we can made a drastic update.
Jaxinho

Postby Jaxinho » 2009 Jul 29, 10:40

tamaguchi_japa wrote:agree with kendees, but really Julio Cesar is much better than Ochoa, Julio is one of the best Serie A goalkeepers and one of the best in world, Ochoa prove himself just in America (continent), if he went to Europe and play with the same class he play in Mexico, we can made a drastic update.

Julio Cesar much better? Come on! Cesar was even 2.goal keeper in Inter since Toldo was not seriously injured. The last really great Brazil goalkeeper was Taffarel. Dida,Marcos,Julio Cesar,Rogerio Ceni are good but not world class.

Give to Ochoa the defence of Inter then he would also look 1000 times better and even if Ochoa 1 day come to Europe and dont impress it dont means his bad. There is plenty of great Latin players that fail in European football via culture or system and that dont means they not great players.
Ace

Postby Ace » 2009 Jul 29, 11:20

Toldo seriously injured?? when?? J.Cesar came to Inter to be the first choice, he was loaned to Chievo because of burocratic problems but next season he became the first choice just because Mancini preferred him to Toldo...this is what wikipedia says:
"until the summer of 2005, when Brazilian keeper Júlio César relegated Toldo to the bench after Toldo elected to sit out Inter's summer friendly match tour of England."

About Inter defence, I don't think Inter have a perfect defence, Samuel and Chivu (and I wish Lucio) can be good but Cordoba, Burdisso and Rivas make a lot of mistake. To judge Julio Cesar take a look at Inter-Manchester match of some months ago. First match ended 0-0 just because of Julio Cesar , in second match ended 0-2 because of defence mistakes, but Julio saved a lot of goals.

If someday Ochoa will go in Europe, we will surely upgrade his stats, but just because it's harder to play in PL or Liga or Serie A, than Mexican League....It's harder to save a goal from Rooney/Ibra/Eto'o or a mexican striker?
Jaxinho

Postby Jaxinho » 2009 Jul 29, 11:43

Ace wrote:Toldo seriously injured?? when?? J.Cesar came to Inter to be the first choice, he was loaned to Chievo because of burocratic problems but next season he became the first choice just because Mancini preferred him to Toldo...this is what wikipedia says:
"until the summer of 2005, when Brazilian keeper Júlio César relegated Toldo to the bench after Toldo elected to sit out Inter's summer friendly match tour of England."

About Inter defence, I don't think Inter have a perfect defence, Samuel and Chivu (and I wish Lucio) can be good but Cordoba, Burdisso and Rivas make a lot of mistake. To judge Julio Cesar take a look at Inter-Manchester match of some months ago. First match ended 0-0 just because of Julio Cesar , in second match ended 0-2 because of defence mistakes, but Julio saved a lot of goals.

If someday Ochoa will go in Europe, we will surely upgrade his stats, but just because it's harder to play in PL or Liga or Serie A, than Mexican League....It's harder to save a goal from Rooney/Ibra/Eto'o or a mexican striker?

Was not Toldo recent years many times injured?

Anyway for me is Julio Cesar only a good gk noting near to world class.

I would not really say its harder to make saves VS Rooney,Zlatan or Eto`o then the strikers in Mexican league strikers. Mexican league is really offensive and there is more shots to the box especially then in Italian league. It depends in which team u play and which defence ur team got.

But just cause Ochoa plays in Mexican league dont means Julio Cesar or any other gks who plays in European giants is better. As i think in many great European teams the gks are just avarage.

Return to “Standard Liège”