Postby chamakh » 2017 Aug 20, 03:30

dakar95

Re: Yordy Reyna, Vancouver Whitecaps

Postby dakar95 » 2018 Jul 26, 03:15

@Oriello, what do you think about him?
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2018 Jul 26, 20:57

I unfortunately have only seen him twice - I have sacrificed sleep time thus far only to watch Portland, Seattle, LAFC from the West Coast. So I have no impression of him.

One thing I did hear yesterday in the Cup game vs Montreal, the commentators noted that Vancouver have struggled in making anything of set plays this season, after I think it was Reyna had again failed to beat the first man with his cross, and that he and Techera were also responsible for set-pieces and they were partly to blame for the team's poor output their.

Not much but that is all I got.

I will try to see more of Vancouver when schedules align and if Alphonso Davies plays, so I hopefully will see more of him in the coming months.
Akephalos

Postby Akephalos » 2018 Jul 26, 21:37

Idk how this guy is actually playing in foreings leagues, beside his speed, there is actually nothing good on him, vert bad technically, poor DA,, extremely weak, very clumsy attack moves and a lack of will to help the team.

He needs some tweaks in Attack,BAL, DA, SA, SP, ST and Tech
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2018 Jul 29, 05:38

Had a very very good match vs Minessota, he and Alphonso Davies tore their shit up.

Reyna had good BB, Agility, DA on the ball, smooth twisty dribbler evading players and making things happen. His first goal was a really nice dribble and then low shot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtcc4XCOyaQ

Won ball back on 3rd goal and set up the counter.

Also had a chip from outside the box, but keeper managed to scramble back and catch easily, not in highlights, but just part of well rounded match where he showed a little of something in every category .. maybe no heading tonight.

I think he might be one of those obnoxious low Form players, they have talent to them, but so often seem to be below par. I'll see how often he has displays like that, the skill seems to be their on the evidence of last night, just how frequently does it get shown?
Akephalos

Postby Akephalos » 2018 Jul 29, 17:03

He was one of those player I tought they had a great futured ahead....but then in Europe he lacked of chances to play and he lost a lot of self confidence. I mean I want him to prove me wrong, that he is as talented as every journalist says he is, but I've been waiting for almost 2 years and I'm not impressed at all.

I guess it could be a form thing, do you think he still deserves green values for ATT?
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2018 Jul 31, 01:14

Well I only watched one match where I gave him attention, I vaguely remember him doing some nice moves/attacking runs vs SKC - but he got a red in the ~40th min. I really can't say if he is worthy of the green value in Attack yet. He is just below Altidore, I'll keep that in mind as I watch him...just off the top of my head looking generally at how many goals/assists he made these past two seasons, I would probably go for Attack 74 ish - similar to Jonathan Osorio of past seasons (not this 2018 season, Osorio playing much better this year, needs another adjustment).

But I have no idea if he actually is super dangerous in some games and plays like he did vs Minnesota and then just goes blue arrow most of the time, or if generally is a less dangerous player.
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2018 Aug 27, 23:04

Yeah green ATT is probably fine, it seems very much a form thing, this guy can be really good, but almost absent some other matches, it is a really hot/cold situation. Seen like 5 matches recently, many of the qualities from first post seem intact, if anything I was surprised by his work rate in the defensive phase..my brain is getting all scrambly but I think he had a freekick off the post.

I would probably rate him Form 2 like Altidore, sometimes a monster in one match, then goes absent for no real reason.

Return to “CONCACAF”