PSD Backbone

David Guzmán, Columbus Crew SC

Postby PES Stats Database » 2011 Jul 11, 01:40

Oriello
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: David Guzmán, Portland Timbers

Postby Oriello » 2018 Sep 18, 13:35

Akephalos any thoughts on him?

He has sort of been under my radar when I watch Portland, but I often think he is a bit underwhelming as CMF, with the ATT/DEF stats 68/68 and how rounded he is overall I thought he would be a more dominating/involved all action player in the middle. Think he is a slower dribbler than whats he is rated here, just less of a contributing factor to Portland's mid and kinda interchangable with some other guys without losing too much quality in the team, his defensive bite is probably his best feature.
Akephalos
Seasoned Stat Maker

Re: David Guzmán, Portland Timbers

Postby Akephalos » 2018 Sep 18, 19:32

Oriello wrote:Akephalos any thoughts on him?

He has sort of been under my radar when I watch Portland, but I often think he is a bit underwhelming as CMF, with the ATT/DEF stats 68/68 and how rounded he is overall I thought he would be a more dominating/involved all action player in the middle. Think he is a slower dribbler than whats he is rated here, just less of a contributing factor to Portland's mid and kinda interchangable with some other guys without losing too much quality in the team, his defensive bite is probably his best feature.

Yeah he is more reliable on defensive duties like you said. Even on the NT on Qualifiers for the WC he played as DMF letting Borges paying as a deep MC and do the "Creative" work in the field. But hes showd a good response and ACC, even he is not that fast, i remember he stoled the ball from Bradley and scored a nice goal agaisnt Toronto a couple of games ago If I'm not mistaken. But also I saw him not being as much involved sometimes, like he just standing there and not being so reactive to the ball, like he has the chance to run for recover the ball but he doesn't want to? Idk kinda weird.

I wouldnt go for green numbers on DS either, he is very calm on the ball, like he feels he has no pressure while dribbling...I've seen doing the same thing on NT or maybe is because there isnt much pressure at NT level.

In the NT he was playing more than Tejeda (who is also a DMF) I think both are decent enough to play at CONCACAF NT level, but Guzman played a lot more than Tejeda in the last year.
You might have been a fancyman in Heaven, but down here you are nothing next to Axe!

Return to “CONCACAF”