PSD Backbone

Kylian Mbappé

Postby PES Stats Database » 2017 Feb 21, 20:42

Full Name: Kylian Mbappé Lottin

Adrien
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Kylian Mbappé

Postby Adrien » 2019 Mar 07, 19:03

One of his worst game for sure, he failed almost all he did. His technical weakness always been obvious but last night was terrible on that aspect indeed. When he doesn't have a lot of balls to play like a winger use to have, it show his weakness even more because when he failed 1/3 times all game, but 2/3 it's great play from him.
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
Akephalos
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Akephalos » 2019 Mar 07, 20:17

Kim wrote:I don't know what to think of this. Bad play after bad play, after bad play. Not only flawed decision making but obvious technical mistakes, dribbling fumbles, that should not happen at this level.

(Disable the sound before playing the video, or set it to minimum. Horrendous high-pitched music.)

https://twitter.com/SSamax/status/1103709566074871813

Music was the best of the video :lol:
You might have been a fancyman in Heaven, but down here you are nothing next to Axe!
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2019 Mar 07, 21:17

I think everything in that video shows good intent, just terrible technical issues, which has always been an issue for him.
furymaker
PSD Elite

Postby furymaker » 2019 Mar 09, 11:16

i mean, people are trying to show he is something that he is not, he's no Messi, Hazard, Dembele, Neymar, he's a good finisher with insane physical attributes and superb understanding of the game, he's not a dribbler or pure playmaker, he's the most dangerous when playing off the ball and running behind defenders, so showing his technical fuckups won't change our perception of him.

He's efficient, smart and insanely fast, technical aspects may get more consistent, but it will never be elite level.
Kim
New Stat Maker

Postby Kim » 2019 Mar 19, 22:05

furymaker wrote:i mean, people are trying to show he is something that he is not, he's no Messi, Hazard, Dembele, Neymar, he's a good finisher with insane physical attributes and superb understanding of the game, he's not a dribbler or pure playmaker, he's the most dangerous when playing off the ball and running behind defenders, so showing his technical fuckups won't change our perception of him.

He's efficient, smart and insanely fast, technical aspects may get more consistent, but it will never be elite level.

I agree with the main point of your post. A lot of people aren't clear-headed when it come to Mbappé. It's especially true in France where the hype surrounding him reached such levels that some sports journalists and football fans see him as "The next Pelé", while he is nowhere near the technical level of the best players in the game, let alone the historical ones.

So a post about his fuckups is necessary once in a while, because seeing the big picture when it comes to his stat set means being aware of the three aspects of his game; His qualities, that he already has and must retain, the areas of his games that he can and might develop, and also what he might not be able to become.
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Postby PES Stats Database » 2019 Mar 26, 18:54

His good game against Iceland:

Paddy
PSD Guru

Postby Paddy » 2019 Mar 26, 19:47

Kim wrote:It is now quite obvious that Mbappe has strong tendancies to dribble and run when the situation doesn't call for it, and to perform the same predictable dribbles, to make wrong decisions when given the choice between dribbling, passing, keeping the ball, etc.
It's a weakness that might stem from overconfidence on his physical abilities, his acceleration and speed. Tuchel is the right manager to instill a better mindset in him and mold him into a more selfless player so i doubt those will still remain his weakness in two or three years, but for now, his 96 attack value is not representative of his decision making abilities on offensive phases and his attacking awareness. A high-yellow or low-orange attacking value would be more fitting to his current abilities.

This is a fantastic post which elaborates on why I feel his Attack is too high, his physical attributes make him a phenomenal player, I think he is still a very good attacker but to have a higher attack rating than Kane and the same as Cavani is more than generous. I'd agree he deserves a high yellow or a low Orange, somewhere in between 87-91.
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2019 Mar 30, 19:36

For sure, not yellow. He still bordering red. No matter sometimes he doing some selfish or bad choise. We focus him a lot because he's the next best player in the world so people are harsh on judgement with him. But well, he still doing so much smart moves, still so much dangerous, and he breaking so much goals record. He's still only 20 by the way.

Top 5 goals scorer this season for the 5th best leagues including cups (notice that Mbappé doesn't took penalty, only two scored, lower number for those 5 players)

1-Messi-41 (5p)
2-Mbappé-31 (2p)
3-Lewandowski-31 (5p)
4-Aguero-29 (4p)
5-Ben Yedder-28 (4p)

Not speaking about the huge amount of goals scoring opportunities he missed because of his lack of technical football skills overall (SA,ST, etc)
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
Sanji
PSD Youth League

Postby Sanji » 2019 Apr 01, 04:22

Some changes since Neymar and Cavani don't play. The CR7 fanboy looks more and more like his idol. He's becoming much better at racking stats even when he plays rather poorly. Every game he chases his goal relentlessly, la grinta as we call it. His stat obsession is both a bad and a good thing: more selfishness on one hand, more goals on the other. Can he adapt to a lone striker role? I still have my doubts as i still feel it hinders him, but he has adapted better than i thought. For sure his future is high up the pitch, he's no Messi. I think i'd be up for slightly worse ds, da and agi (1 or 2 points). With the ball in his feet there's a lack of magic apart from the occasional skills. On the other hand i'd also be up for 1 point upgrades on lpa, spa. He's got better technique in those aspects of the game than dribbles imo. I love Mbappe the most when he releases the ball fast. SA feels harsh to me. Even if i get the point of the value it's too caricatural to me. I wouldn't go lower than 78.
sunsaegnim
New Stat Maker

Postby sunsaegnim » 2019 Apr 21, 20:21

https://streamja.com/Alnr
Amazing run till his goal vs Monaco, just wonder if he'll get even more fast in the future...
Whoah10115
Regular Poster

Postby Whoah10115 » 2019 Apr 21, 22:03

More deserving of his plaudits this season.

Top 5 is still nutty as shit, but he's come good. Obviously difficult to gauge it in Ligue 1, but probably helps him moving forward.
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Postby PES Stats Database » 2019 Apr 22, 09:05

The hat trick scored last night for the title. Great performance for him against his former club.

Ocrin
Valued Contributor

Postby Ocrin » 2019 Sep 29, 14:52

He's the definition of an impact player.

Against Bordeaux, he was subbed in for about half an hour, had 5 shots (3 on target). For the record, Bordeaux only had 4 shots the whole game.
Also had 13 touches in the opposition's box. Bordeaux had 7 the whole game. And then he had the assist for Neymar that guaranteed the win.
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
HeitorVieira
New Contributor

Postby HeitorVieira » 2019 Oct 03, 04:24

Ocrin wrote:He's the definition of an impact player.

Against Bordeaux, he was subbed in for about half an hour, had 5 shots (3 on target). For the record, Bordeaux only had 4 shots the whole game.
Also had 13 touches in the opposition's box. Bordeaux had 7 the whole game. And then he had the assist for Neymar that guaranteed the win.

He should have something like 97-99 aggression to show that in game, but I really think he doesn't deserve that much atk and response though
JuZZiMeNt0
Former Lurker

Postby JuZZiMeNt0 » 2019 Nov 08, 19:20

What’s with the high response ? Don’t get that it’s not a stat to give to any striker , even some of the best finishers never hit that and actually slowly clinical striker relied on that to outwit defenders when they “ didn’t “ have the pace of mbappe
anOKguy
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby anOKguy » 2019 Nov 08, 20:55

JuZZiMeNt0 wrote:What’s with the high response ? Don’t get that it’s not a stat to give to any striker , even some of the best finishers never hit that and actually slowly clinical striker relied on that to outwit defenders when they “ didn’t “ have the pace of mbappe

Response is another way to say “reaction” is probably why it seems weird. If there’s a ball bouncing around in the box off a spill or a deflection, Mbappe is insanely good at being the guy to get on the end of it. He reacts fastest to the ball and gets there first. Hope that make sense :D
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2019 Nov 11, 12:34

His injuries are worrisome. Still the same, and he can't recover back, playing one game here and there. Might then have to stop running that fast, or making less run, on that way.
Whoah10115
Regular Poster

Postby Whoah10115 » 2019 Nov 11, 16:44

Did his Tech drop two points?

Too low, and other things too high.
AdAc
New Stat Maker

Postby AdAc » 2019 Nov 11, 18:18

Whoah10115 wrote:Did his Tech drop two points?

1 point

81 => 80
Whoah10115
Regular Poster

Postby Whoah10115 » 2019 Nov 12, 01:41

AdAc wrote:
Whoah10115 wrote:Did his Tech drop two points?

1 point

81 => 80

Ah ok, thought was 82.

Think it was low at 81. Is his touch really less than Marcus Rashford, much less Henderson?

He's so explosive, and unbelievably talented, that along with his crazy goal totals in Ligue 1 he's getting overrated in ATT and overall (in real life).

But 80 is quite low, especially at his speed. Doesn't really represent his qualities.

Return to “Paris Saint-Germain FC”