PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Mauro Icardi

Postby PES Stats Database » 2012 Dec 06, 14:45

thehallmark
New Contributor

Re: Mauro Icardi

Postby thehallmark » 2018 Oct 23, 18:49

I agree his SP is too low at 81. I would think 84 there at least.

I think 78 DA/73 DS is correct because it reflects that he doesn't dribble past/through opponents much but he also isn't the type to lose the ball easily. DA lower than green plays clumsy and that's definitely not Icardi.
Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Postby Vickingo » 2018 Nov 21, 16:55

Finally, after 8 games he scored at NT, nice movement. Aside that, he looked so slow and unagile but a beast in the air. His off the ball movement is just non existant, really.
Spoiler: show
Suji
New Stat Maker

Postby Suji » 2019 Apr 13, 17:00

His SA shouldn't be 90. I have seen him miss many somewhat easier chances which someone like lewandowski or immobile would've scored for sure. I think 88 is fine for him. 90 SA is a little too optimistic
antony
PSD Elite

Postby antony » 2019 Apr 13, 21:55

Suji wrote:His SA shouldn't be 90. I have seen him miss many somewhat easier chances which someone like lewandowski or immobile would've scored for sure. I think 88 is fine for him. 90 SA is a little too optimistic

He has had several chances missed this season but this is clearly a 'particular' season for him, the worst one since he joined Inter.. too many issues off the pitch
Suji
New Stat Maker

Postby Suji » 2019 Apr 14, 04:05

antony wrote:
Suji wrote:His SA shouldn't be 90. I have seen him miss many somewhat easier chances which someone like lewandowski or immobile would've scored for sure. I think 88 is fine for him. 90 SA is a little too optimistic

He has had several chances missed this season but this is clearly a 'particular' season for him, the worst one since he joined Inter.. too many issues off the pitch

Yes, his off the pitch incidents could be a factor too.
Ocrin
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ocrin » 2019 Nov 05, 15:32

He has been an absolute beast with PSG so far. Top class poaching, shot technique, heading, and so smart and good with his back to goal.
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
AdAc
Regular Poster

Postby AdAc » 2019 Nov 05, 17:42

Ocrin wrote:He has been an absolute beast with PSG so far. Top class poaching, shot technique, heading, and so smart and good with his back to goal.

Like in his Inter years, except for the last one

The only difference is that now he is in a stronger club and in an easier league
Epsi
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Epsi » 2019 Nov 05, 18:39

yeah, he's a beast in the penalty area, only a fool can say the contrary
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2019 Dec 08, 06:22

Imagine going from perisic and candreva, to mbappe and neymar and di maria. Icardi must be in heaven. He looks quite a bit off physically from his time in inter, but that doesnt seem to matter much for him and how he plays, but I do hope he can get back into better physical condition, as he was deceptively good in that regard.
Ocrin
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ocrin » 2020 Jan 09, 00:29

All three goals against St-Etienne:
https://streamja.com/APEm
https://streamja.com/7OpW
https://streamja.com/rM9e

And that orange tech touch on the sixth goal: https://streamja.com/nNmv
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
AdAc
Regular Poster

Postby AdAc » 2020 Jan 09, 07:00

In that team and in that league, Icardi can score hat-tricks in every match

Anyway, someone should bring back his form value
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2020 Jan 09, 07:38

That trap was incredible and how fast he then past the ball with the second feet after the jump.
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
Ocrin
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ocrin » 2020 Feb 10, 16:30

Updated his tech, it really has been one of his main assets this season and he got/created some fantastic chances/goals with it.
godsplan
New Stat Maker

Postby godsplan » 2020 Feb 11, 14:53

Why did his form get nerfed in the first place? He had one off season after years of being Inter's goal threat (and excelling), not to mention that had nothing to do with the actual football itself. Anyway he's a beast and it's nice to see him playing in a good team.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2020 Feb 11, 15:37

yeah, hes earned his 6 or even 7 form. people can criticize his play in inter, but they can not criticize his goal-scoring, especially in the teams he played with.
People didn't like the fact that in the games where he didn't score, he'd do basically nothing, so when he didn't score he was given alot of grief and heavily criticized for failing to bring anything to team. As I said over and over, his lack of presence in those games was not his fault, but inters, how can anyone work with those teams he played with, lol? Anyway, hes a killer out and out, how he plays with teams is almost irelevant when you are that consistent at putting away chances and creating danger. Inter failed to do that. Give Icardi what he needs to score, and you can bank on him. The fact that hes such a good footballer on top is almost overpowering, as poachers tend to really limit attack up from due to lack of techncality, or the ability to play football at a high level. I'm curious how thats actually going at PSG, and how the rest of his game is showing.
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2020 Feb 12, 20:19

jurgens wrote:yeah, hes earned his 6 or even 7 form. people can criticize his play in inter, but they can not criticize his goal-scoring, especially in the teams he played with.
People didn't like the fact that in the games where he didn't score, he'd do basically nothing, so when he didn't score he was given alot of grief and heavily criticized for failing to bring anything to team. As I said over and over, his lack of presence in those games was not his fault, but inters, how can anyone work with those teams he played with, lol? Anyway, hes a killer out and out, how he plays with teams is almost irelevant when you are that consistent at putting away chances and creating danger. Inter failed to do that. Give Icardi what he needs to score, and you can bank on him. The fact that hes such a good footballer on top is almost overpowering, as poachers tend to really limit attack up from due to lack of techncality, or the ability to play football at a high level. I'm curious how thats actually going at PSG, and how the rest of his game is showing.

To be honest, he still having that kind of game you described, the one where he doesn't score and do nothing. There were interristing stats showing is one (if not even the only one) of the player in several games who touch the less amount of balls. He just need one or two to score. You'll not see him the entire game and he will score a basic goal while being well place into the box. In some game he's having nice connections with his teammates with a great first touches and ability to play back of the goal area.
He especially take the advantage of the direspect of PSG against Cavani. So he stayed as a starter. But Cavani, when he's on good form, and let be free by his injuries, he's much more usefull in the game. Cavani running everywhere, fighting all time on pressing, chasing back to defend, having lot of connections with his teammates. It's really two different style and depend of what PSG wants to do. But Icardi stay to be a great goal scorer, with incredible ability to score into the box area. He's able to have some good connections at time, overall technically good, but that's not in his DNA. He's an "into the box player".

I think form is good as it is to replicate this.

A last sentence, to compare the impact of Icardi and Cavani for PSG. Cavani is more usefull for team building and defending impact. But Icardi giving PSG another level for efficacity, ability to have great finishing in the little amount of opportunities they could have. Giving also to the attacking lines, a more technical way. Icardi is able to kill some balls. When PSG is playing with Icardi, they could give deadly counter attacking and playing a direct football. Having Cavani give them a better opportunity to defend well, in important games where you need everywhere defending, or in games they have high possesion. Both are great into the air. Cavani is more a draft copy, but it doesn't matter when you have high possesion and lot of opportunities. Icardi is better when you have little opportunities because he'll score one.
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
AdAc
Regular Poster

Postby AdAc » 2020 Feb 12, 21:09

I think of Mandzukic and Trezeguet

The first one fights, the second one scores

Very few teams can play with a striker that scores a lot and nothing more
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2020 Feb 13, 11:16

I found the stats i was refering to. Sorry it's in french so i'm gonna explain a bit the meaning:

It was released in novemebr by OptaJean, a statistic organization for football. In Ligue 1, Icardi has an average touch of ball of 20 per game. That's the lowest number for a player who played more than 300minutes from August to November in the 5 best leagues.

https://twitter.com/OptaJean/status/1196449938571431937

Also, from same organization in November, 37% of the ball he touched was into the box. That's the highest number for a player in the 5 best leagues.

https://twitter.com/OptaJean/status/119 ... rdi-203168
AdAc
Regular Poster

Postby AdAc » 2020 Feb 13, 15:09

The evolution of Filippo Inzaghi
AdAc
Regular Poster

Postby AdAc » 2020 May 03, 18:30

Icardi with 7 Form... Incredible

Return to “Paris Saint-Germain FC”