Leandro Paredes

Postby PES Stats Database » 2012 Nov 06, 23:05

Romanist10
PSD Youth League

Re: Leandro Paredes

Postby Romanist10 » 2017 Feb 19, 19:01

[youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFlwP7esGcQ [/youtube]
Shot Power 85?
Last edited by Romanist10 on 2017 Feb 22, 16:57, edited 2 times in total.
Romanist10
PSD Youth League

Postby Romanist10 » 2017 Feb 19, 19:12

or 95?)
Romanist10
PSD Youth League

Postby Romanist10 » 2017 Feb 22, 17:00

Elivelton
New Stat Maker

Postby Elivelton » 2018 Jul 12, 02:05

Accidentaly Paredes caught my attention and i ended up trying to rate some of his abilities, i basically created a set from zero without knowing about this topic (at least i got the RES right :lol: ) after knowing i tried to see the differences and know what i may got right and wrong while also looking for his possible improvements that he made since joining zenit, i will try to explain some of the things ive seen on him and some others i dont, the explanations may not be good because this was made some time ago and i forgot most of the things. I tried to follow the logic i made at Smolov topic,

His main position should be *CM, he normally plays there alongside Erokhin or Kranevitter or Kuzyaev or in a line of 3 Cms.
Atk: With the amount of skills Paredes has, hes a little bit disappointing when it comes to the danger he generates in matches, he took the word "deep lazy playmaker" too much serious :lol: , sometimes he makes some bad decisions but overall hes very composed and has good ideas that can lead to trouble for the opponents, his TW may also hinder the danger hes able to create, im also biased to giving another player a higher atk but its for another topic, a small chance i underrated this number.
Def: The biggest change here, his ability to dispossess opponent are very good, hes got a nice technique of his tackles and i highlighted his tendency and proficiency for sliding tackles by adding the sliding star.
BB: Hes strong, stronger than guys at 75 and 76 BB easily as hes dominant in duels against them, his way of entering challenges sometimes looks lazy (probably overconfident) but he still can be dominant against some players.
TS + ACC: My numbers for TS are lower, he barely displays something "decent" in terms of final speed, his acceleration looked pretty good to me at least when he cared to show it.
AGI: i wont comment too much on this, but i saw his agility lower, probably one of the cases he didnt cared to show it, better with testing in game but i dont have means to do it now, edit: i remembered that kranevitter looked more agile to me, so i change the questionable number to a range.
DA + TECH: He barely displays what he can do, while i saw them both at lower i can see at least the case for DA where he showed some moments of Busquets types of dribbling, i dont know about tech but he never impressed me. I must say Kranevitter is more willing to show his class here than Paredes.
DS: while i put this number at greens, i think the idea of the set is better, he moves at low speed with the ball (barely running with it), but he`s quite capable of showing higher levels if he wants to, this is where ive seen the yellow acceleration.
SPA+SPS: biggest change here was on SPS, his overall change and speed of his short passes are quite considerable his accuracy of making good and incisive short passes are considerable too.
LPA+LPS: One of his best atributes is his capability of throwing "bombs" with his long passing, i considered him at world class level of LPA, he can show some good things here, his delivery of set pieces is also something special, his range is also pretty good.
SA+ SP + ST: He can easily hit the balls with good connection justifiyed the green ST here, but i dont thing he has good volleys ability for example, most of his shots are very powerfull, he also uses his SP on FKs, his range of Free Kicks are a good example of how powerfull his shot is, never seen a great example of SA from him, hes more of a guy who can shoot the ball powerfully at the goal than good at placement.
FK + Curve: His FKS are most of time dangerous and close to the goal, he may deserve a way bigger value than i will write here, his curve is probably his highest atribute and maybe one to even deserve 90s.
Aggression: Sometimes he swaps positions with another player and move foward to the edge of the box, i made this value a little higher to try to replicate this.
TW: while i made it greens, i can see why he is on 72... hes very lazy when it comes to supportive movements, the only thing i notice he doing here that maybe made i see him at greens is when he drops back and becomes some sort of DM/SW to receive the ball and look for opportunities to send "bombs" to the fowards, a curiosity is that he plays alongisde very supportive players in the midfield.
Star: The stars are to replicate what i was able to see from him, MS* for the type of shots he makes, his accuracy and tendency to shoot when hes close to the box, Center* based on other players with this card to replicate his style of "deep lazy playmaker" who stays at the center looking for "bombs"..., *Sliding to highlight his proficiency of making accurate sliding tackles and his technique, 1-touch pass because of his ability to do incisive and nice things with 1-touch, *Outside because of his Modric type of passes he`s able to do. I`ve kept the *playmaker no reason to remove it.
Edit: on an additional note, he seemed to me quite capable of doing nice passes with his weak foot, i cant say more, but i made his both his WFA/WFF higher than the numbers here.

Numbers:
Spoiler: show
Main Position: CM
Attack: 75
Defense: 67
Body Balance: 78
Top Speed: 76
Acceleration: 80
Short Pass Accuracy: 84
Short Pass Speed: 83
Long Pass Accuracy: 87
Long Pass Speed: 86
Shot Accuracy: 72
Shot Power: 85
Shot Technique: 76
Free Kick: 82
Curve: 88
Aggression: 72

WFA: 6
WFF: 5

Stars:
Middle shooting
Centre
1-touch pass
Outside
Sliding

Some other numbers ive said before but im not confident on them:
Agility: 77-79
DS: 76
TW: 75
Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Postby Vickingo » 2018 Jul 15, 01:43

Little to add, updated.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2018 Jul 15, 02:09

thats going way overboard, no?
Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Postby Vickingo » 2018 Jul 15, 22:54

jurgens wrote:thats going way overboard, no?

What do you mean, Rob? Do you think is going too far?

I could watch quite a decent amount about Paredes lately since I wanted to know the argentinian club (Kranevitter, Rigoni -mainly-, Driussi, etc) and Elivelton described him quite well.

Probably he isn't that "fast"? This guy's got a really great leg and technique to pass the ball and he's quite a meance with his long passing, he's always been but he developed it quite well in the last years. Still I think he should work a little more to be NT material, but he's a great prospect...he had an incredible change since he was named the Riquelme's succesor back then in Boca, being a pure AMF to this kind of DLP.

Well probably 75-67 yeah is too much to his att/def combo, but Evelivelton made a point about his tackling, is something sometimes overlooked and the guy has a good eye to steal the ball eventhough being a "technical" kind of cmf. But well probably that defence plus the stars is too much, yeah. About the rest of the set I see nothing wrong atm.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2018 Jul 15, 23:36

you know, other than tw, thats literally a world class CM? He just isn't even close to that, roma would never have let him go if he was that well balanced. I don't like players moving to another league, then just getting overhauled. We all seen him in serie a for years, he wasn't that good, now he'd rated as a top CM.
Elivelton
New Stat Maker

Postby Elivelton » 2018 Jul 16, 02:52

jurgens wrote:you know, other than tw, thats literally a world class CM? He just isn't even close to that, roma would never have let him go if he was that well balanced. I don't like players moving to another league, then just getting overhauled. We all seen him in serie a for years, he wasn't that good, now he'd rated as a top CM.

Yes... thats pretty much like it, paredes weakness lies on his unability to make himself dangerous or relevant without getting the ball at his feet, mentality is also a factor here as i stated before he`s way too much relaxed and barely makes effort, the thing is just he has so much resources on his game that he ends up being dangerous in a way or another (FKs, Corners, Shooting, Early Crossing, 1 brilliant pass, ...). He truly needs to develop this thing if he wants to reach the next level and become one of the top players in the world as he already has the skill set to do it but not the workrate or off-ball intelligence to do that. I will try to bring up some images of his tackles and try to see what are his diferences to Roma. I must also add that is quite frustrating when he plays with Kranevitter and Kranevitter ends up getting the ball so much while Paredes barely receives it, one of the ways for him to shine is to force him to be part of the game, Erokhin is probably his best partner at doing that considering how intelligent he is.

Edit: Looks like he got improvements in almost every area. Btw how are you sure that Roma would never let him go? Roma is free of doing "noob moves" or accepting Russia`s money? Arent they the ones that sold Salah to Liverpool? :cry:
Elivelton
New Stat Maker

Postby Elivelton » 2018 Jul 18, 23:02

Long post... tried to answer most of the questions made by Vickingo and Jurgens. Also tried to reach values for numbers i didnt knew how to rate and tried to justify some others with more arguments or examples.

"thats literally a world class CM?"
Yes, answered that before, at the same time most others CMs are more active in their TW than Paredes, so its easier for the others CMs to play, but Paredes can still be more dangerous or relevant to a match than them as he try to be more direct in his plays, he isnt a high possession type of player.

"roma would never have let him go if he was that well balanced"
Invalid argument.
They sold Salah to Liverpool. Money talks. He was a sub. Other things outside of the field that we dont know that happened? He wasnt suited for Roma system or players? Other reasons?

"We all seen him in serie a for years, he wasn't that good"
He`s 24 now and since 2015/2016 season in Empoli he showed at least talent in some of the areas that have been upgraded, since that season he`s been showing improvement in every area of his game, while thats not the best source his ratings have been increasing since 2015/2016 (with more playing time): https://www.whoscored.com/Players/93700 ... ro-Paredes
I also made some notes about a little bit of the player he was since 2015/2016 with the limited footage that heres available.

2015/2016 Empoli -> already showed his talents for passing and dribbling, but didnt had the "power" abilities developed as today, since that season he showed some abilities of sliding.
2016/2017 Roma -> Huge improvement in power areas over last season, already showed that 85 SP, huge increase in LPS.
2017/2018 Zenit -> Another improvement in power areas mainly strength, solidified himself as threat in Set Pieces, developed (?) a nice acceleration, a world class CM with low TW, great tackling technique, huge curve, also increased his SPS, etc ...

If anything he was overlooked.

"Probably he isn't that "fast"?"
Whie is true he isnt fast, his short burst of speed that he is able to do in the first few meters are very good, worthy of yellows, there are a few examples out there but i didnt bothered too much of making a gif, but hes very able of doing that with some consistency, its his highlight in speed department, 80 acc at least, there is one example in the gif list at the end of the post, either its on-ball or off-ball hes able to hit this 80 acc.
His final speed is decent, he can hit that 78 or just stop at 74, but overall he is faster than a 74 player and that 76 TS was good imo.
His ability to make turns are in a range of 77 to 81, but i think 79 is a good spot for him to sit on, Paredes is way more agile than Toni Kroos or Bale, hes not that sluggish.
My original number for DS was 78, but at the same time i liked the 74 number here, so i changed my number to 76, when he wants he can hit that 78 DS, but for consistency 76 is a good number.

"75-67 yeah is too much to his att/def combo"
Not my fault that paredes is very good in real life regarding his defensive abilities and mainly his whole tackling technique, at the end of the post i posted some examples of him, he looked to me very imposing in 1v1 against other players too, i dont doubt if i started doing some comparison against other players i would increase that number even further, after all that was a little bit conservative at my part. About his atk, i stand my previous comments he has so much resources to be dangerous and his general ideas are good, sometimes he does some noob moves but overall he has good ideas and its a number that could even be higher, its not a player that opponents would like to get the ball so much, at the same i would like to say that he looks way more confident than he was before, i guess hes feeling more confortable at doing risky things and playing his game at Zenit than before, his overall vision of the field is quite noticeable and when he feels the opportunity he does not exitate to try it, when he is on he is able to hit many key passes in a match and the more i think about it the more i see his attack higher, give space and he will punish you with a cross/pass. Not a dumb player in any side of the field.

"But well probably that defence plus the stars is too much, yeah."
Again, he looked very imposing in 1v1 to me, and i risk to say his tackling is better than the others CMs in Zenit.

"About the rest of the set I see nothing wrong atm."
To solidify some of my numbers or ideas and even talk a little bit about some others i havent:
Curve: Some examples below of his curve, consistencywise hes at least to do those at least once if he gets the opportunity, there are even more evidence to the curve number i chose and it could be even higher, no reason to keep it that low.
FKA: I counted manually at least 4 FK shots that hit the post, plus some others well placed shots that either got near the goal or the keeper defended, he could have scored at least 5 goals this season easily, hes a threat at FKs from a considerable range, this is one atribute that i think i was way too much conservative, i think he can sit here at 85.
LPA: forgot to add that he has the tendency of doing early crosses when he has the opportunity to do it, and i received 2 good comments about his LPA/LPS, 1- his crosses remembered me the ones that KDB does ; 2- His LPA looked similar to a Bonucci with mid 80s LPS ; another thing is that his maximum LPS is close to 90s.
Sta: another atributte i didnt touched and i dont think its needed, hes much active when it comes to defensive moments than offensive ones, his total energy is decent and it doesnt look like he gets tired at 90 mins, he follows the flow of play either way, nothing much to add or any change in the number.
DA/TECH: good thing i skipped making any suggestions at those, but yeah hes very classy with the ball and deserves those high values, tech can be a little bit "shaky" sometimes and can be decreased to 85 but he still a high tech player, DA is his standout ability here, search for his goal against Real Sociedad to see what hes capable off.
Ment: An atribute that i havent talked too much before, but while he is very relaxed he looks to me very confident, for the last minutes of matches while the team is chasing for a goal and with his skill set hes kinda of abused or the perfect player for those moments as he can do early crosses/corners/free kicks/passes that can turn the table over, tbh i dont even know what would be a good number here but he isnt shitty or someone who actives beast mode in difficult matches or moments but he looked mature enough.
Aggression: at 70 his aggression is the same as Casemiro/Fernandinho and hes more willing to join the attack than both, while he doesnt join the box as i said before, he moves quite a good amount of times at least 3/4 of the field and at the edge of the box, it all comes to who and how he is deployed, he`s still not a green but i guess good value is needed here, 72 was a good pick comparing other players, 1 point higher than nzonzi for example, way below most agressive Cms..
TW: I stand out with my comments before about his TW being in a relaxed way and that he sometimes drops backs to receive the ball, he can display some interesting movement when hes deployed with different players, showed some nice interactions with his teammates specially on the defensive end, lets say his TW defending is very high, offensively he can be very intelligent when moving without the ball, but overall his frequency isnt that high, i`m with a 74 here, still on whites.
Con: I dont know about that before Zenit, but at Zenit hes being very consistent in his game, doing about the same thing that he does every match, id say his biggest change between good and bad matches are in his TW, as he doesnt put that much effort to make himself available for pass and isnt getting the ball as he should.
1-touch star: any special reason to not add it? hes more than capable of sending incisive long passes by 1-touch.

I tested him a little bit in the game and i liked most of the results, but i have mixed feelings about AGG/TW because i dont have Zenit and his style in-game changes when deployed with different players (realistic?), but i tried to use some logic in it and i won`t argue if someone with more experience gives a diferent value to replicate his style.

Video analysis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5LZv3Qei9U

Evidences:

LPA + LPS:
https://j.gifs.com/nrqM7W.gif
https://j.gifs.com/VPx8ZW.gif

Sliding:
https://j.gifs.com/1rlm3V.gif
https://j.gifs.com/ZVQ65v.gif

Standing:
https://j.gifs.com/D9LMEq.gif

Curve:
https://j.gifs.com/9QwxYB.gif
https://j.gifs.com/59pq0v.gif

FK + Curve:
https://j.gifs.com/l5oKEg.gif
https://j.gifs.com/jq4REW.gif
https://j.gifs.com/L8y9Lg.gif

Speed stats:
https://j.gifs.com/wm4pOJ.gif
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2018 Jul 19, 00:55

Invalid argument.

Wasn't an argument? Just a throwaway comment as I was shocked with the update I saw.

They sold Salah to Liverpool. Money talks. He was a sub. Other things outside of the field that we dont know that happened? He wasnt suited for Roma system or players? Other reasons?

Salah wasn't half as good at Roma as he was at liverpool, no one saw that coming. Hell, Salah wasn't even half as good at liverpool for the first half of the season compared to the latter, where he literally enetered god mod and went from an erratic finisher, to finishing fucking everything that came his way.

Salah wasn't that good, and Paredes certainly wasn't that good.

Yes, answered that before, at the same time most others CMs are more active in their TW than Paredes, so its easier for the others CMs to play, but Paredes can still be more dangerous or relevant to a match than them as he try to be more direct in his plays, he isnt a high possession type of player.

You've given him an attack/def ratio comparable to thiago, we don't do that for players unless they are really, really worth it and have proven it at a high level.

He wasnt suited for Roma system or players? Other reasons?

He was suited, but just not good enough, highly talented, but many faults, outside of tw.

Anyway, we don't need to write too much too address this, you've gone overboard with initial assessment, same sort of deal with golovin, who through Houys help and your cooperation, you've created a better set in the end. You are new here to stat making, so I wouldn't expect you to be fully in tune with ratings, thats fine, we can see the value in what you are saying nonetheless. I just think, we needed a better filter from the off, and Victor was a little too quick to make the update. Unfortunately, though, no one will be watching Paredes much, and he won't be playing any real high level compeition any time soon, so he won't get the attention or circumstances necessary to be judged accurately. But even if thats the case, we can't have a player like that all of a sudden becoming a world class player when he joines the russian league, when he was so far from that in Italy, so we need to take a cautious stance, we rather under-rate than over, especially in fringe league cases.
Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Postby Vickingo » 2018 Oct 17, 15:18

I'm pleasantly surprised with the performances of Paredes at NT so far. He's the "winner" in these last matches imho, he won a place as starter as CMF.

I do love his style and he became in much more a fighter in the midfield, something he hasn't been until these last years...some good tacklings here and there and the talent to shot and cross is absolutely great. I've watched more great foot from him than from Dybala at NT so far. He does not need any space to shot, I like that, he's got a good eye to do it. He could work really well with Ascacibar as destroyer and Lo Celso as AMF, they could give good football in the midfield and most important thing: dynamic and fresh air.
Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Postby Vickingo » 2018 Nov 07, 02:24

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/leandro-paredes-accused-of-intentionally-getting-sent-off-to-watch-superclasico-in-argentina-207441

Leandro Paredes of Zenit is being accused of purposely getting himself red carded in order to fly to Argentina and attend the first leg of the Copa Libertadores final between Boca Juniors and River Plate at La Bombonera.

LOL :lol:

This is something to understand what this match really is, fucking crazy :lol:
Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Postby Vickingo » 2018 Nov 17, 16:27

Something he really grew up in the last years, his tackling ability, it's more common to see these kind of great actions, yesterday in the friendly vs Mexico, good final speed too
Spoiler: show
Oriello
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Oriello » 2018 Nov 17, 16:47

Elivelton/ERN was telling me how impressive this guys tackling was on discord, he wanted to suggest a higher DEF but was worried that the ATT/DEF ratio would be too much - think rob said as much here, that with other increases it would make him too good.

I'm just curiously following but don't know the player. 62 is just above he Schole's zone (yellow probably with a chance of red..and not intentional red to travel to Argentina :P), is he worth more in DEF or is this something strictly Ball Winning has to cover with a higher value?
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2019 Jan 29, 19:43

Looks like we'll get the chance to review him much earlier than I was expecting with his move to PSG.
Twix
Regular Poster

Postby Twix » 2019 Jan 29, 19:53

In Zenit he played well literally the first six months, then began to be lazy, so I'm skeptical that he moved to PSG - i think that he will sit there in reserve, at least until the departure of Rabiot.
Kim
New Stat Maker

Postby Kim » 2019 Jan 31, 13:33

Twix wrote:In Zenit he played well literally the first six months, then began to be lazy, so I'm skeptical that he moved to PSG - i think that he will sit there in reserve, at least until the departure of Rabiot.

With Rabiot contract issues, Verratti injury, and the lack of a DMF since the departure of Thiago Motta, PSG need midfielders right now so he's gonna be fielded as soon as possible.

Anyways, his defensive prowess is really that low ? Seems problematic for a DMF.
Twix
Regular Poster

Postby Twix » 2019 Jan 31, 14:17

Kim wrote:
Twix wrote:In Zenit he played well literally the first six months, then began to be lazy, so I'm skeptical that he moved to PSG - i think that he will sit there in reserve, at least until the departure of Rabiot.

With Rabiot contract issues, Verratti injury, and the lack of a DMF since the departure of Thiago Motta, PSG need midfielders right now so he's gonna be fielded as soon as possible.

Anyways, his defensive prowess is really that low ? Seems problematic for a DMF.

In Zenit, he played the role of a deep playmaker, but he did not give the impression of a player who would have burned out the space. In the Ligue 1, given the PSG domination in the championship, Leandro will play well, but how he will show himself in the Champions League, where a completely different level of opponents is a big question.
Adrien
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Adrien » 2019 Jan 31, 15:25

Current mieldfielder at PSG are Dani Alves and Marquinhos, so he might win his place quickly in the starter I guess :mrgreen:
Not to say two others are bad, but it's really not their main position.
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.

Return to “Paris Saint-Germain FC”