PSD Backbone

Marquinhos

Postby PES Stats Database » 2012 Jul 18, 16:55

Ocrin
Valued Contributor

Re: Marquinhos

Postby Ocrin » 2017 Apr 19, 05:28

Matias8 wrote:Can you update the Marquinhos stats? please

If you feel some change is needed, feel free to suggest more specific changes to the mods. What do you think should be updated?
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
Slizzard
New Stat Maker

Postby Slizzard » 2018 Feb 10, 21:54

I think Marquinhos needs better shortpassing accuracy. In my opnion he is very good in playing clean passes to the midfield. Most of the time easy passes, but sometimes he can reach the midfield with easily high green passing.
vinnie
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby vinnie » 2018 Feb 10, 22:46

i disagree with you slizzard. i switched to the psg match from the everton match wondering if i slightly overrate the standard of passing from centrebacks in this current era, as i'm noticing quite alot of very very good passing in centrebacks in the pl. but when i watched the psg match, marquinhos reminded me solidly about what centrebacks used to pass like nine or ten years ago- very casual, very soft, unambitious, no urgency... my imprsesion of marquinhos was white sps, and the passes he was playing were very lazy, unambitious passes just like premier league defenders were like a decade ago.

i don't know if what he showed was his usual level, but i didn't see anything at all that hinted green short passing, not to mention even higher.

just my take based on watching about two thirds of the toulouse match, nothing personal slizzard.
If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2018 Feb 11, 17:09

Hum, it was a very poor and boring game, I guess because they gonna play Real this week, but I don't think passes of Marquinhos were different from other days. He doesn't making ambitious passes like you said.
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
vinnie

Postby vinnie » 2018 Feb 15, 02:28

i thought marquinhos was terrific at madrid by the way. it might not be a super similar example, but he reminds me of godin. marquinhos didn't tackle much, but his awareness of all of the attacker's location and how to adjust and position against them was superb. he was also fast enough to cut off cristiano once or twice today.

i didn't see him defend much against toulouse (shocking), but i thought he was close flawless today. the penalty was just idiocy from lo celso, and the cristiano goal was mostly areola's poor punch on the cut back pass- the marcelo goal was due to rabiot failing to track marcelo's run and marquinhos couldn't really do much other than what he did.

there were one or two counter attacks by madrid where i wondered where marquinhos was and it took a bit of time to see him come back, but that's the only concern i had watching his performance today. my impression was orange defense, good teamwork.
If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
Ocrin
Valued Contributor

Postby Ocrin » 2018 Feb 15, 14:31

His DEF and TW have always been the main reason why he's such a good defender IMO. If you look at it, he's actually not that good at anything else besides jumping/speed, which makes him kind of a rare profile among the usual CB. He's a "mind over body" type of player, plays much more with his head than with his physical abilities.

That's one of the reasons there were so much comparisons with Silva, he's all about defensive awareness. He's not a beast of an athlete, he's not a beast of a tackler, but his awareness allows him to be effective at everything he does; though he's most often limited to the ball winning, safe pass combo.

Overall he's a very smart player and not only a very smart defender, he's sometimes overly safe on the ball, but honesly he can improve on that aspect. I remember him being played as a fullback in Ligue 1 and being a bit more daring, even though the opposition wasn't great.
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
Slizzard
New Stat Maker

Postby Slizzard » 2018 Feb 24, 22:16

Defensive wise he is very good. Very smart and anticipates instead of reacts. Just a smart player.
I have to agree with you Vinnie, he can stay on 75 for his short passing. He does not really show passing like De Ligt for instance who sits on 78.
VUKDS

Postby VUKDS » 2018 Sep 30, 20:29

His long passing really suprised me. He is a top notch pinpoint passer, pinpoint pass should definitely be there, maybe even a weighted pass technique, although I am not a completely positive about this. He is quite frequently using his pinpoint passing. We are mostly talking about diagonals, a very incisive, fast and tough diagonals to the left flank and a player who is chasing for a free space.

https://youtu.be/Xum77rof52s?t=589
https://youtu.be/Xum77rof52s?t=582
https://youtu.be/Xum77rof52s?t=533
https://youtu.be/Xum77rof52s?t=522

I'd give him 86+ for the LPS and smt like 83 for LPA.

I agree with Vinnie. Kimpembe and Silva are a much more focused on the all round playmaking - smart moves with the ball, breaking the opponent's pressing and lines with the short passing, etc. Marquinhos is a decent short passer but he is nothing extraordinary really. On the other side, his long passing is a top notch.

Also, covering card should definitely be here, that's one of his symbols.

Lack of the physical qualities is slowing him down at some point. He isn't really strong at duel and the timing of his jump ain't perfect, especially when it comes about defending the free space when the opponent is trying to exploit a high placed line of the PSG defence. That especially comes to our eyes when Marquinhos is playing in the pair with Kimpembe, as Kimpembe is a total amateur at that aspect, as well as every other stuff related to the aerial game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4V8pP3 ... u.be&t=698 his famous colaboration with Kimpembe at this aspect
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfNjxZb ... u.be&t=152 not an aerial ball, totally irrelevant with this segment actually, but this example shows us his lack of security while his line is placed high on the pitch and he needs to anticipate the incisive passes

Another topic is his speed. He is able to catch a really great distances but does he really need these stats? ACC is perhaps on the place, as he is focusing on it much more than on the full sprint, but I don't think he needs 86 for TS. He is mostly catching a short distances. He is able to demonstrate an actual TS value but not on the regular basis, his full speed doesn't have a big place in his game neither. Koulibaly is on 83 for a similar reasons and he is able to demonstrate a much much faster sprints.

Also, SB position could be replaced with DM.
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2018 Oct 02, 16:15

I appreciate your effort, but I'm not sure it's a good idea to use higlights video and best off video to rate player. It be better to do it with vs video to have a general view of the good things and bad things he did for examples on long balls.
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
VUKDS

Postby VUKDS » 2018 Oct 02, 20:19

I understand your point. Highlights are sometimes giving us just the small part of the full picture and they are mostly portraying a players' strengths.

However, I've spent some time watching his full games ans vs videos(although there aren't many of his vs videos online but I've probably seen each of them) and I am very positive that his long passing range is the best amongst the PSG central backs. He is constantly using his long passing and his long passing actually his main quality, when we are talking about offensive part of the game. He doesn't have a great short passing nor a short passing distance, he isn't a top notch at winning the space with the ball either. However, his long passing is an extremely good and incisive, so I think that these values are a fair for him.

When we are talking about the second suggestion, which is Covering card, that's an essential part of his game a d I think that it should be added. :)

P.S. You and Ocrin are regularly updating French league and I like it, keep it up. I hope that you are gonna post PSG youth players when they gain a more minutes, I've saw that you've already posted Adli's set.
I guess that N'Soki is not gonna have such a high stats, we both know why :P
Moysís
Regular Poster

Postby Moysís » 2018 Oct 28, 16:09

Spoiler: show
Mrky_MNE
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Mrky_MNE » 2019 Feb 12, 21:50

Dear God, he showed incredible speed against Lukaku. It was short distance, but definitely looked much higher than now.
Ramsus-Kahr
New Contributor

Postby Ramsus-Kahr » 2019 Feb 12, 22:08

He's improving unbelievabely well in midfield, he's now able to dictate the game. He's the player Fabinho wants to be.
Ocrin
Valued Contributor

Postby Ocrin » 2019 Feb 13, 01:59

Gotta say I disagree with the JUM downgrade, I'm a bit skeptical about his speed stats as well.
Marquinhos doesn't display his jumping as often as when he played CB, but his ceiling is still pretty insane, he's shown on numerous occasions that he's a fantastic jumper, but it's fair to have under Silva's current 90 (which was a good call btw). He should be 88 at the very least, really, and I think 89 was the perfect value, though his absolute ceiling is much higher.

I don't think he's got such a good burst, 81 ACC is already pretty damn great for what he does and I just feel it's an unneccesary, over the top bump. He already has high response, and already had good enough ACC to emulate his intercerptions, hounding, "pouncing" in the midfield.
Kim
New Stat Maker

Postby Kim » 2019 Feb 13, 12:48

Incredible performance as a DMF against Manchester United. He was on point in terms of positioning, interceptions, first pass, and even catching-up attackers.
Whoah10115
Regular Poster

Postby Whoah10115 » 2019 Feb 13, 18:51

I couldn't have been more surprised by how he LOOKED yesterday.

Not just having a great game, but looking like a genuine DM, and a terrific one at that.

He just did it all, a true pivot, and Verratti -injured- was able to have a great game.

So many Brazilian CB's have shown to be great DMs.

Return to “Paris Saint-Germain FC”