PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Edinson Cavani

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 10, 14:08

Epsi
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Edinson Cavani

Postby Epsi » 2017 Apr 03, 11:29

Everytime I follow PSG, I see always the old good Cavani. I don't think he changed so much during the years, those shooting stats are pretty much deserved imo.
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2017 Apr 03, 11:41

No he didn't change at all. The true is that it is his first season as a CF. When Ibra was here he was playing more as a WF role. And this first season as a CF, he's back with his Napoli performance, world class striker. Rob told me about his shooting stats too. He's almost scoring a goal every two shots this season.
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
Houy
PSD Elite

Postby Houy » 2017 Apr 03, 12:24

Actually,acording to stats,here
http://www.squawka.com/players/edinson- ... t-accuracy
and here
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/24328 ... son-Cavani
he roughly scores 3/10 goals,and averages 3.8 shots per game in the league and with 28 apps and 20 goals without pens,if you do the math there that's roughly 19% goal/shot ratio.I don't know if i got any of that wrong,i don't really check stats ,or shots per goal.
Also efficiency even if it this good is loushly connected to shot accuracy since he's efficient in scoring in any other way than using accuracy.Do we update by checking stats?
I can't really produce a better argument than listing every single goal of his this season.
Having seen Cavani for two seasons now this average sounds right ,i'm not really sure how he was at Napoli.
Honestly i just want to hear one solid argument or evidence for him having this value that in game means he will score 4/5 times he goes against the keeper
KeyserSoze

Postby KeyserSoze » 2017 Apr 03, 13:55

He would score with even more ease if his first touch was more neat and precise when he receives a mid-height cross or a fast short pass. Of course, his good ST helps him to score at times in those moments. But in other instances the first touch shot is not the best option, and since he usually struggles to control the ball when he needs to guide the ball towards a better position to strike the ball to the target, he misses some scoring chances just because of his average Tech. Has anyone considered to lower his Technique even more?
"Willy Wanda is Chinese!!!"
Houy
PSD Elite

Postby Houy » 2017 Apr 07, 00:29

KeyserSoze wrote:He would score with even more ease if his first touch was more neat and precise when he receives a mid-height cross or a fast short pass. Of course, his good ST helps him to score at times in those moments. But in other instances the first touch shot is not the best option, and since he usually struggles to control the ball when he needs to guide the ball towards a better position to strike the ball to the target, he misses some scoring chances just because of his average Tech. Has anyone considered to lower his Technique even more?

His Technique like his DA has a real range to it, 25% it's an akward 74, 50% it's an average 76-77, 25% it's like a pretty smooth 80-81.This value seems like a good compromise,just because you'd be excluding that good control he can produce otherwise,I wouldn't go below 77 for him anyway.
Basilio

Postby Basilio » 2017 Apr 12, 05:34

@Huoy

I would think the ability to shoot accurately knowing where the goal is regardless of his position is an SA virtue in itself. Players on the pitch don't have the panorama of someone who is seeing the match from above. Knowing where to aim the ball to try to score at any point in the match requires previous acknowledgement of where the net is and has placement panorama virtue as other players with better placement technique wouldn't have been able to place the ball on all those positions as they're acknowledgement of the goal is not at the level of the player in contrast.

If you think about it would be unfair that some players with better placement technique but worse placement panorama can produce better shots from the positions the players with better placement panorama can. And this would certainly be the effect of giving low sa values to this kind of player.

I think there is a point in Konamis on giving great goal scorers without much high attributes not only good response and attack but good shooting stats.

There is no universe in which att and response have the impact we would like to on Pes, and it will most likely never be.

The way to balance that out is giving inflated shooting stats to these kind of players.

It would be not only upsetting to replace this kind of strikers with real life worse ones that are better at Pes because they don't score enough in the simulation if they are given too low Sa values, but also unrealistic

Edit: auto correct
Last edited by Basilio on 2017 Apr 12, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.
Descansa en paz Chucho
Houy
PSD Elite

Postby Houy » 2017 Apr 12, 12:46

Basilio wrote:I would think the ability to shoot accurately knowing where the goal is regardless of his position is an SA virtue in itself. Players on the pitch don't have the panorama of someone who is seeing the match from above. Knowing where to aim the ball to try to score at any point in the match requires previous acknowledgement of where the net is and has placement panorama virtue as other players with better placement technique wouldn't have been able to place the ball on all those positions as they're acknowledgement of the goal is not at the level of the player in contrast.

That's good enough reason to give a very incosistent 1-1 finisher 80s in SA . Giving a player who predominantly utilises ST and SP equally high SA to make him effective in his use of ST largely nullifies the point of the stat.Having a good base for SA to make these high ST shots hit the mark makes sense but bringing SA,which is on it's own the most effective shooting stat for scoring goals,to the same level as the ST,the shooting stat that is most prevalent on the player,kind of misses the point.
Basilio wrote:If you think about it would be unfair that some players with better placement technique but worse placement panorama can produce better shots from the positions the players with better placement panorama can. And this would certainly be the effect of giving low sa values to this kind of player.

This is kind of vague since you are talking about something very specific, there are few players with this characteristic weakness in plain ''finishing'' but with such effectiveness in difficult one touch shots from distance.If you look for players with this high ST you'd find that the vast majority are very effective finishers as well.

Basilio wrote:I think there is a point in Konamis on giving great goal scorers without much high attributes not only good response and attack but good shooting stats.
There is no universe in which att and respect have the impact we would like to on Pes, and it will most likely never be
The way to balance that out is giving inflated shooting stats to these kind of players.It would be not only upsetting to replace this kind of strikers with real life worse ones that are better at Pes because they don't score enough in the simulation if they are given too low saving values, but also unrealistic.

Yes,but Cavani isn't ''without much high attributes'',he has decent passing :geek:.Cavani is very much the quintessential poacher at this time.But he doesn't really lack the technique and strength Inzaghi lacked,or the speed Trezeguet lacked,his ability to score goals isn't the only thing that characterizes him,he's also very much a beast, he is fast,strong and more importantly runs tirelessly,and plays with amazing intensity,constant movement is something that characterizes him more than any other Striker.
Ocrin
Valued Contributor

Postby Ocrin » 2017 Apr 25, 12:19

Everyone knows about his insane workrate and defensive contribution, but I'd like to point out the ridiculous amount of defensive runs he does which are not highlighted because he doesn't always tackles and all, but just take some minutes during PSG games to follow him during opposition counter attacks. Follow him when PSG doesn't have the ball. He's always there, it's crazy. He's always among the first to track back and he does this every game, sometimes during the whole game, and then he's among the first to be in the box to score on the next PSG counter attack. His physical ability is ridiculous.

90 is a great number, especially for a ST, but his stamina looks even higher tbh, it could be mid-high oranges and still wouldn't be overrated.
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
Houy
PSD Elite

Postby Houy » 2017 Apr 25, 12:53

His workrate is fantastic,higher Sta is not unreasonable at all even if he's top tier for his position,his energy levels and runs have no comprarison with CFs anyway.Also i've been rethinking my suggestion regarding his TW ,compared to last years he is less involved in build up,he plays more of a one touch and go and moves up the pitch but the change in his presence near the ball is more 85>82/83 rather than 82>78,so i think he might have been a little low to begin with.Ment is another stat that's very high but could be higher.This is part of my reasoning against giving him godly Att,he's got this other thing going for him to such an amazing degree,STA/MENT/TW/RESP, he is moving like noone else to where the ball is,i'd rather see him given godly values for these than godly Att.Btw that 92 started looking pretty fucking good after it was raised :D .
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2017 May 03, 21:28

Update stamina ;)

Houy please try to make post easier to read, I lost my hairs trying to reading you before going to bed :P

You put all your points in one paragraph and there is 5 numbers in the same sentences.
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
Ocrin
Valued Contributor

Postby Ocrin » 2017 May 04, 02:15

Has the addition of the Heel trick card from newer games been considered?

I see him using his heel quite often, he does easy heel passes from time to time (though he made a pretty good one recently, for Verratti I think), and heel shots/madjers are almost a signature move from him, he scores like one every season and has scored 2 this year if I'm not mistaken (against Caen in Ligue1 and Monaco in Cup), let alone the ones he doesn't score.

Also, his body control looks higher than the current 60. Around low 70s IMO.
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
Klaus14
Valued Contributor

Postby Klaus14 » 2017 Aug 25, 19:12

Shouldn't cavani have * Penalties?
!!!CHUPETE LA CONCHA DE TU HERMANA!! , !!VAMOS CARAJO TE QUIERO VER!! , !! TE QUIERO VER PAPÁ!!
tasmin

Postby tasmin » 2017 Oct 19, 04:58

I think few values of this set needs to revamp. my suggestions :

response : is there any striker atm better than cavani in this aspect? I don't think so. this guy has a stupendous reaction tbh.I would go a 98 for him.when someone passes him or make a cross no defender is reacting faster than him imo.

passing: I would give him spa>lpa.

shooting : tbh his SA and ST should be higher. there shouldn't be any argument on this. he just can't stop scoring. he is no worse than the players we have on orage and red shooting. I would suggest a orange SA and ST.

Technique : should be on lower yellow values. he is no way a 78 in trapping.

aggression: I would give him 98 without hesitation. always there on the top.

mentality : I would drop his mentality. possibly 77/78. miss out from the game when his team is playing badly or out of possession. he is totally dependent on team build up play. he goes missing when the team is in setback.same incident we see when he plays for NT.

TW:maybe a bit lower value?
vamos arriba la celeste !
Ocrin
Valued Contributor

Postby Ocrin » 2017 Oct 21, 13:06

tasmin wrote:I think few values of this set needs to revamp. my suggestions :

response : is there any striker atm better than cavani in this aspect? I don't think so. this guy has a stupendous reaction tbh.I would go a 98 for him.when someone passes him or make a cross no defender is reacting faster than him imo.

passing: I would give him spa>lpa.

shooting : tbh his SA and ST should be higher. there shouldn't be any argument on this. he just can't stop scoring. he is no worse than the players we have on orage and red shooting. I would suggest a orange SA and ST.

Technique : should be on lower yellow values. he is no way a 78 in trapping.

aggression: I would give him 98 without hesitation. always there on the top.

mentality : I would drop his mentality. possibly 77/78. miss out from the game when his team is playing badly or out of possession. he is totally dependent on team build up play. he goes missing when the team is in setback.same incident we see when he plays for NT.

TW:maybe a bit lower value?

Ronaldo is arguably slightly better than him in response (and I think he is on the ladder as well). IMO it's pretty hard to rate players accurately past red values, but on this one I'd say 96 isn't anything abnormal for now.
In my opinion, and even though that set doesn't quite reflect it, Cavani often shines more thanks to his godlike positioning than his response. Given how ATT and RESP interact with each other to emulate a player's movement, it's not that much of an issue on that set.

Honestly I'd rate his passing with similar values for both LPA and SPA. He's probably around 76 for both.

His SA and ST have been discussed in the past; he's capable of showing really high values at times, but he lacks the consistency on both these attributes to deserve orange values. His placement isn't anything special most of the time, he's been known to miss too many clear chances for a few seasons know, and a lot of the time he plainly misshits the ball. These values are kind of an accomodation between the worldclass ST/SA he shows at times, and the clumsiness he displays at others. That's the best we can do within what's allowed in PES' engine.

I agree on Tech. He probably deserves a slight downgrade (I believe it has been discussed already), but nothing too harsh.

Aggression could probably be one or two points higher, I agree on this one but I don't want to put him on par with Aubameyang (he's slightly below him IMO) nor that close to Ronaldo.
Aggression is one of those stats for which reds values do not have much differences with each other IMO (compared to stats like TS, DA, etc), so I'm considering this more as a ladder issue.

I'm not quite sure about his MENT and TW, so I won't argue on that for now, but I'll keep that in mind and give you a more elaborate opinion later.
Houy
PSD Elite

Postby Houy » 2017 Oct 21, 15:23

tasmin wrote:shooting : tbh his SA and ST should be higher. there shouldn't be any argument on this. he just can't stop scoring. he is no worse than the players we have on orage and red shooting. I would suggest a orange SA and ST. when a player scores stupendous amounts of goals in the league,CL,country for almost 2-3 seasons. its no fluke!

You really took that to heart and gave no arguement. He can't stop scoring ? Just follow this by spamming the same all over the Ronaldo classic sets. He's a 90 tier finisher so... i am guessing he'd be somewhere around 99

tasmin wrote:what do you mean by his lack of consistency? he doesn't score tap ins , he scores goals from different angles, he scores almost every possible way a sublime finisher can score. his ST is better than lots of strikers in the fucking ladder. there is no way he can be 86. should I give his goal scoring statistics or the all goals he scored
last 2 seasons? or in conmebol qualifier? have u ever watched him tbh?

his pacement isn't anything special?? are u kidding???

or you think he plays like injaghi? the amount of time he actually track back and react with the counter attacking style of play, he joins the attack and scores in a nano or pico second from awkword body positions, some players would dream scoring. you guys rate his ST same as cristiano ronaldo??? ha ha. that actually made my day!!! tbh, on what are u guys living?

He does score sublime goals with a single touch, he can have higher ST, he is not a sublime ''finisher'', his ''placement'' isn't anything special. For the later ones we are talking about how he finishes chances and how he targets his shots to the corners or in a way needed to beat the keeper. In this sense, no he is not something special. No more than an attacker who finishes well instictively but has trouble when he has to ''finish'' without enough space and when he has to actively implement accuracy into his shot. And this births the question, have you actually watched him in France ? not just highlights and his big numbers

Edit: Posts were deleted while i was writing my comment and rightly so. If this post is unnecessary please delete it.
conker8
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby conker8 » 2017 Nov 20, 13:42

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD1GBBVT724

A good video that highlights Cavani's qualities.
Ocrin
Valued Contributor

Postby Ocrin » 2017 Dec 18, 00:05

Call me crazy, but his ATT is seriously looking like 97.
He's an absolute beast at what he does positioning-wise. Showed insane intelligence to get away from 4 defenders in the box against Rennes and get an attempt (a backheel, which he loves to do), and basically he's been doing this on a regular basis for quite some time now. It's really impressive how he outsmarts every single defender when it comes to marking and positioning.

I don't see anyone better than him in terms of positionning barring CR7. Hell, he's probably on par with him in that aspect.
Epsi

Postby Epsi » 2017 Dec 19, 11:17

Ocrin wrote:Call me crazy, but his ATT is seriously looking like 97.
He's an absolute beast at what he does positioning-wise. Showed insane intelligence to get away from 4 defenders in the box against Rennes and get an attempt (a backheel, which he loves to do), and basically he's been doing this on a regular basis for quite some time now. It's really impressive how he outsmarts every single defender when it comes to marking and positioning.

I don't see anyone better than him in terms of positionning barring CR7. Hell, he's probably on par with him in that aspect.

that's more related to his impressive response imho. definitely worth of 97.
Valbuena1313
PSD Youth League

Postby Valbuena1313 » 2017 Dec 19, 16:32

I think his response should be raised to 97 or 98, and his ST 86->88 or 89 (his goal against Rennes confirms my opinion since several matches). But I don't think his ATT needs to be higher than 95. It's already a great set.
Ocrin
Valued Contributor

Postby Ocrin » 2017 Dec 20, 20:27

https://streamable.com/paqe0

Aaaand he did it again. Insane goal.

Return to “Paris Saint-Germain FC”