PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Marco Verratti

Postby PES Stats Database » 2011 Oct 11, 18:05

VIDEO:
Spoiler: show

Comment:
Spoiler: show
Marco Verratti is a young talented midfielder, currently playing for Pescara. He grew up in Pescara youth system and became of their most important player in 2009/2010, when he started to play with continuity, showing his great qualities. This season with Zeman he seems to be on fire, and he's part of the spectacular game of the bohemian coach. In summer he was close to sign with Sampdoria and then with Roma, that saw him as a perfect replacement for David Pizarro.

He may seem a bit overrated for his age but actually he's one of the most young talented players at the moment, and he's gradually showing it. As I already said he's similar to Pizarro, but he assembles also qualities from Pirlo and Sneijder.

I remember he was awesome in Football Manager :lol: I think he's mostly known in Italy and in the world just for this :lol:

Crisci
New Contributor

Re: Marco Verratti

Postby Crisci » 2015 May 17, 09:21

what's with 83 acceleration? I never see him use a change of pace to beat players... it's pure close control and shoulder feints (should have shoulder feint card). he actually doesn't look that agile or fast. also sliding/lunging tackle card is necessary, he makes so many sliding tackles per game...
Ocrin
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ocrin » 2015 May 17, 15:51

Agree with lower acceleration, but I actually think his agility/explosive power should be a bit higher, like 85-86. He's quite agile. It's not his main strength but 83 is too low IMO.
I'd also raise his ball winning. The way he uses his body to win duels (especially considering his size) and his tackling ability are impressive.
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2015 Oct 10, 17:36

beautiful
Ramindbroken
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ramindbroken » 2015 Oct 10, 19:31

And Konami has him on 78 LPA
josev
Regular Poster

Postby josev » 2015 Oct 26, 13:24

martins7
New Stat Maker

Postby martins7 » 2015 Nov 06, 04:48

His tackling hability is really good.
''There are two methods of fighting, the one by law, the other by force: the first method is that of men, the second of beasts.''
Kahn1988
New Contributor

Postby Kahn1988 » 2015 Nov 14, 01:30

I think he is way overrated with this stats. Players like Gundogan or Thiago at similar ages and positions have demonstrated their abilities to control the game at higher levels,yet their stats aren't as good as his. If he was “this” good as this stats show,Italy wouldn't have relied on an aged Pirlo that has far passed his prime for such a long time. While I do admit his dribbling and ball control are incredible,but to become a playmaker that can dictate and distribute ball for the whole team in a way like Pirlo and Xavi have done,he still has a long way to go to enhance his ability to control the tempo,his vision,and his tactical understanding of the game.
Ramindbroken
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ramindbroken » 2015 Nov 14, 02:14

That's true, but there's no way to rate that in PES.
Anyway, there are so stats that are just high... for no reason. Like ATT, for example. Does he even deserve greens? I'd give him 74 and that's it. Same with Form, 7 makes him just too good (considering his godly stats), more like 5.
Probably he should have lower SA too.
The rest looks good, he's worldclass, so sad he's playing in a league with no competition at all.
antony
PSD Elite

Postby antony » 2015 Nov 16, 20:48

Ramindbroken wrote:That's true, but there's no way to rate that in PES.
Anyway, there are so stats that are just high... for no reason. Like ATT, for example. Does he even deserve greens? I'd give him 74 and that's it. Same with Form, 7 makes him just too good (considering his godly stats), more like 5.
Probably he should have lower SA too.
The rest looks good, he's worldclass, so sad he's playing in a league with no competition at all.

but we are sure that his long pass ability is better than his short pass? i see exactly the contrary.
VUKDS
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby VUKDS » 2015 Nov 21, 20:03

Last month I've been watching a lot of his comps, he is making a much more danger with a long rather than short passing. Should also has a Pinpoint pass..

About comparison with Pirlo/Xavi, they are a different type of players. Verratti is playing on a more deeply role, has a much more defensive tasks than these two. Certainly isn't on their level but no one expects that.. Perhaps if he would be a CM, a couple of meters in front of this role... And I wouldn't drop Attack beyond greens.
toaad
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby toaad » 2016 Jan 24, 06:40

78 DEF overkill's him.
2headedEagle
Regular Poster

Postby 2headedEagle » 2016 Feb 18, 02:41

Oscar, Azpilicueta and 2-3 other Chelsea players with a lower BB than Him easily outmuscled Him last night .
Honestly I think 82 value for him is too much, He's not so strong, His BB at His maximum must be 77-78 .
He cannot be in pair with Barton, M'Vila, Gundogan, Mascherano, Błaszczykowski, Bender, Gutierrez, Andre Gomes etc...

Also didn't saw that DA since a long time ago, 98 is not necessarily.
Passing Speed stats can be better IMO .
From the world of darkness I did loose demons and devils in the power of scorpions to torment.
2headedEagle
Regular Poster

Postby 2headedEagle » 2016 Feb 18, 15:42

From the world of darkness I did loose demons and devils in the power of scorpions to torment.
Ramindbroken
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ramindbroken » 2016 Feb 19, 00:47

Dude, you lost everything when coming back from an injury...
Houy
PSD Elite

Postby Houy » 2016 Feb 19, 19:52

of course you lose strength after 3-4 months hehe,missing the strength training that a professional athlete does,even for a shorter time of absence .
toaad
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby toaad » 2016 Feb 25, 10:44

78 DEF + 82 BB putting him like a fucking monster defensively. Really need these values? Even more, this combination of these two attributes with more 83 RES? I know he is decent in three, but not at this level.. Decrease a little of each.
2headedEagle
Regular Poster

Postby 2headedEagle » 2016 Feb 25, 16:06

toaad wrote:78 DEF + 82 BB putting him like a fucking monster defensively. Really need these values? Even more, this combination of these two attributes with more 83 RES? I know he is decent in three, but not at this level.. Decrease a little of each.

I totally agree .
165cm , CMF is defensively better than all the Championship CB's, and better than many defenders who play on the first leagues .
Ramindbroken
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ramindbroken » 2016 Mar 09, 15:35

This dude is so hard to rate... he's a beast in almost every aspect, anyway I think his DEF is too high. He's a good tackler, but commits so many fouls for bad timing. Kinda like Vidal. Of course, you could say Vidal has higher RES and that makes him a better tackler in game, but also that's because he's like a dog hunting players, like Medel. Verratti is more conservatory (does that word even exists? Who knows), his tackling overall is very good (in fact if you check any video of his highlights you'll find tons of really good tackles that make him look like he deserves 80 DEF or something), but again, he commits so many fouls. Also he's at 83 BB (probably could be at 81, anyway I think the value doesn't overpowers him, he's quite strong while on the ball and also without it, when he's trying to recover it, he usually shows decent strength), and that helps him while defending. I think he should be at 76 DEF. With the current RES and BB level he has, he would still be good in defense, but not that good as he is now.
Now about his ATT: this has been discused before and I think most of us think that he should be downgraded. I mean, he's 8 points above Busquets. And I recognize Verratti is superior in this aspect because the role he plays in, he plays much more incisive passes that Busquets near the box, while Busquets usually is closer to his own box. I really won't give Verratti more than 76 ATT, he's more dangerous than Kroos, for example, but 78 ATT combined with his SPA/LPA (which are fairly rated btw) makes him a freaking good playmaker, with he isn't.
Also I was thinking in lower DS, he isn't fast at all with the ball. He's pretty good with it at his feet, but his movements are quite slow. It's almost impossible to steal the ball from him, but that's thanks to his DA and BB, no because of his DS, which could be much lower in my opinion. Same for TS, could easily be in whites.
He needs Sombrero Card btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UODLeWs-E7Y
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2016 Mar 10, 00:49

. Verratti is more conservatory (does that word even exists? Who knows)

yeah, it's like a little glass wall/roof extension for buildings. conservative is probably what you're looking for.
Ramindbroken
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ramindbroken » 2016 Mar 10, 12:50

Oh yeah, you're right. That's what I wanted to say.

Sorry but I couldn't stop thinking in this picture:
OK, this went off topic really fast.

Return to “Paris Saint-Germain FC”