New Contributor

Re: Julian Draxler

Postby BrooklynNets » 2013 Aug 28, 10:52

What a player mama miaaaaaa
GullyGod
Regular Poster

Postby GullyGod » 2013 Aug 31, 18:07

This stats are from last season isnt it ? In this set he is preety avarage , am sure his better then this since he is 1 of the best attacking midfielders in Bundesliga today(even 1 of the best around the world in his age category). Arsenal is possibly ready to buy 40+ millions for Schlake.

I think some of his stats should sitt in high 80s , especially dribbling and technique , also think he is faster then this (may around mid 80s?).
When di enemies ah pree
An ah bun back fire
Mi tek everythin to Jah in prayer
Long time dem nah like mi
Di tings dem transpire but Jah is my everythin an I am mek mi higher
PMC
PSD Guru

Postby PMC » 2013 Sep 21, 00:42

I've seen him vs. Steaua and he's indeed very talented... but judging from THAT particular game only I can tell that the stats aren't way off. Of course some stats may be arguable but I haven't seen anything that'd make me go :shock:
I'm against you
tuco55
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby tuco55 » 2013 Nov 30, 09:44

Mrky_MNE
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Mrky_MNE » 2013 Dec 15, 11:53

I watched few games of Schalke and honestly his technical skills seemed better than this. For example his DA is about 88 IMO, short pass acc. could get a few point boost and I would dare saying same for his explosive power and acceleration. Any thoughts?
Karbrüggen
Regular Poster

Postby Karbrüggen » 2014 Apr 18, 16:57

TE and DA seems a bit better, his technique-skills are his best feature. maybe a small raise would be fair
Agus topo
Former Lurker

Postby Agus topo » 2014 Jul 30, 22:22

He is being better and better , with a great technique , it should be raised.
s-cobar
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby s-cobar » 2014 Nov 25, 15:10

Ment and TW seems too low for me
Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself
Draxler
New Contributor

Postby Draxler » 2015 Feb 03, 13:38

I love this player. Future best player in the world.
"Remember to be polite"
TeamGrizi
New Stat Maker

Postby TeamGrizi » 2015 Jul 29, 00:35

His Header and Jump is too low for him because he is good in aerial duel, suggestion Header 75 Jump 77 and he is looking good while dribling ball so he need dribling skill too
Football Genius
New Contributor

Postby Football Genius » 2016 Apr 07, 17:40

He was outstanding last night vs Real Madrid in UCL. Get him some update on passes and dribling acc
Ramindbroken
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ramindbroken » 2016 Apr 07, 20:41

I think the last downgrade was too harsh, I'd rather go with lower Form before lowering all his stats. His set was really nerfed and I don't see why, he's capable of much better passing skills, he was just too irregular.
antony
PSD Elite

Postby antony » 2016 Dec 24, 15:22

Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2016 Dec 24, 17:45

Did he not create some drama at Wolfsburg recently to make a move? He had been absent in recent matches.

He is a talent, but PSG has too much competition for his style/position - the move to juve a couple years back was fluffed and he leaves so quick now from Wolfsburg - this guy needs the stability of first team football to develop (like a Moratta, Dybala) not to be a rotated player - he is just going to stagnate..his injury record is also not encouraging in this regard.
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2016 Dec 24, 19:02

Didn't know Pastore was out for rest of season, still Emery has been 4-3-3 obsessive, with Cavani in the centre so that leaves two spots for Di Maria, Lucas, Matuidi (Emery been using him there I guess for some of the reasons you mentioned (Ben Arfa and Jese)), if Jese gets loaned out you still got Ben Arfa (a player adapted to the league already but meh this season)..hopefully it will work out for Draxler.
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2016 Dec 24, 19:30

I did not get to see PSG too much in the 4-2-3-1..that is interesting moving Veratti to such a position, it seems he was/may try to make Veratti like Banega was used at Sevilla, a free AMF that moves back into a CMF area as fullbacks and wingers flood forward - in this it would make perfect sense for Draxler to operate as a false winger that will drift into the centre being more of an AMF, and a SB giving the width, like Vitolo did in Emery's 4-2-3-1 scheme at Sevilla, Emery's favourite formation in the past.

The whole 4-3-3 looks to be out of necessity, with Matuidi pressed into being a LWF - whenever I seen them this season they don't even play like an Emery side (when they did, they often struugled and drew matches) - the style still looks very much like PSG were in the past few years in the Champion league, I barely see Emery's stamp on the team.
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2016 Dec 24, 21:21

Well then you ain't gonna watch PSG till Emery leaves :lol: , no matter what the circumstance in a match at Sevilla he always used his 4-2-3-1 and did the shoe horning in of players - when everything ticks in the formation his teams are like firecrackers, zone press high up the park and break like tsunami into the opposition, sometimes with fullback crossing and the other fullback streaming in to finish the cross - you can check the Sevilla formation thread to get an idea of what he is about. PSG were kinda looking like it in pre-season.

He tried a 4-4-2 with Gameiro and Llorente early last season, but quickly abandoned it after like two games as the front two were isolated. His whole scheme is very dependant on the Rakitic/Banega player linking everything.

I don't think he is a great tactician, and your right he currently lacks the experience to change things up on the fly to maximize his personnel...Him and Krychowiak deserve each other, both only really good in that 4-2-3-1 otherwise out of their depth..PSG under Blanc played a much more fancy passing game seemed 'romantic' footy at times - Emery is definitely a more pragmatic man and likes to grind out results, with a penchant to make comebacks if need be - these late game PSG rallying efforts this season, happened a bit at Sevilla too.. :lol:

Yeah I'm with you on the GK, the Areola guy looks bad, don't know why Trapp was dropped.
Relja
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Relja » 2016 Dec 25, 23:11

Oriello wrote:Well then you ain't gonna watch PSG till Emery leaves :lol: , no matter what the circumstance in a match at Sevilla he always used his 4-2-3-1 and did the shoe horning in of players - when everything ticks in the formation his teams are like firecrackers, zone press high up the park and break like tsunami into the opposition, sometimes with fullback crossing and the other fullback streaming in to finish the cross - you can check the Sevilla formation thread to get an idea of what he is about. PSG were kinda looking like it in pre-season.

He tried a 4-4-2 with Gameiro and Llorente early last season, but quickly abandoned it after like two games as the front two were isolated. His whole scheme is very dependant on the Rakitic/Banega player linking everything.

I don't think he is a great tactician, and your right he currently lacks the experience to change things up on the fly to maximize his personnel...Him and Krychowiak deserve each other, both only really good in that 4-2-3-1 otherwise out of their depth..PSG under Blanc played a much more fancy passing game seemed 'romantic' footy at times - Emery is definitely a more pragmatic man and likes to grind out results, with a penchant to make comebacks if need be - these late game PSG rallying efforts this season, happened a bit at Sevilla too.. :lol:

Yeah I'm with you on the GK, the Areola guy looks bad, don't know why Trapp was dropped.

IMO Emery is quite a better coach than Blanc. Blanc's 4-3-3 with Verratti, Motta and Matudi was nice, but i am sure that PSG have (or should have) better chances to win the UCL with Emery, than with Blanc. I am not the french league follower, so idk, i watched like a one half of PSG this season, but Emery is very good coach and i liked him at Sevilla, because he was one of very few coaches in La liga with strong defensive qualities, he knows how to find the balance between attack and defence. One of the key things in Emery's perception of football is to protect the backline with mostly 2 defensive midfielders, also to relieve the playmaker (Rakitić, Banega) offensive players and give them freedom to do what they want upfront. Also, i liked how Emery used Iborra last season, something like Fellaini's role at Everton in 2011. Also remember how Mbia was important for them, with his unexpected all round role, under Emery Mbia turned from a clumsy defensive midfielder into a complete box to box beast. Many players revived their careers under him or turned into complete beasts. Very interesting and quality coach, but after all, i am not sure that he suits the plastic club full of "superstars" like PSG, but surely isn't a manager that relies solely on his playmakers creativity, he's much more than that IMO.
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2016 Dec 26, 20:56

He might be a very good coach, and can help players grow, but I was going on about his tactics being system dependent - and in that system Banega was kinda irreplaceable. Your right he has good defensive ideas/approach which are good qualities for some teams..well see if with Draxler and the winter break, he can make PSG reflect his ideas and if those are actually successful week in week out in Ligue 1..Sevilla didn't win away from home all last season in Spain, and truthfully their home form in Europa was a huge component of their success in the competitions.

I'm not convinced he can make a big club perform well consistently, his ways just seem great for club trying to punch above their weight and sometime getting the knockout, but since they are outclassed its okay if they are not top dog, its almost expected - at PSG as you say with the superstars, expectations are much higher. Time will tell.

Return to “Paris Saint-Germain FC”