Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Pablo Sarabia

Postby PES Stats Database » 2010 Nov 29, 14:21

Full Name: Pablo Sarabia García

VIDEOS:
Spoiler: show

I think it is better to teach what he does in a game, instead of a collection, there are still more games out there, but do not get, it would be too

It has great ball skills with his left leg. This is a fast player one-on-one, with great shooting from different distances with both legs. He began the 2008/2009 season in the Junior A ranks of Real Madrid, playing occasionally in Real Madrid Castilla.

Last edited by Cristiano_Naniano on 2011 Jul 03, 15:34, edited 6 times in total.
Xyder
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Pablo SARABIA

Postby Xyder » 2011 Nov 16, 19:58

Looks nice to me, really deserved.
JuLiTo

Postby JuLiTo » 2011 Nov 16, 20:33

Korinov's suggestions are excellent in my opinion, for the moment could be updated with those numbers ;)
Korinov

Postby Korinov » 2011 Nov 27, 00:20

Seen him today against Barça, good display, great curling in his corner kick assist, showed very good movements on the ball. I think it would be safe to implement my previous suggestions for now.
Image Korinov la Komadreja
Spoiler: show
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
amine wrote:Spanish vodoo is real. That’s my takeaway from this. When my gran children ask me about it, i’ll tell them about the era of xosé the great
Xyder

Postby Xyder » 2011 Nov 27, 00:57

Updated with Korinov's suggestions
Diego

Postby Diego » 2011 Dec 08, 21:25

Scissor skills and probably Step on would really fit him based on the games I remember of him with Rm, thoughts?
bam!
Cristiano_Naniano
Regular Poster

Postby Cristiano_Naniano » 2012 Oct 05, 20:39

I think in his curling...

It could be 81, his curling is very good, I miss one yellow value there... In my opinion 1 less than Coutinho or even 82 like him, curling is a one of the strengths of Sarabia...
midnight
PSD Elite

Re: Pablo Sarabia

Postby midnight » 2014 Sep 11, 12:13

His da seems much better than this , like 83 at least the last time i saw him against Almeria .
Fixer - Fri Aug 02, 12:19 am
I'm gay
Fixer - Fri Aug 02, 12:19 am
See Shiterable? There's nothing to be ashamed of

Kardozo
New Contributor

Postby Kardozo » 2017 Feb 04, 09:26

Please add default position LMF
furymaker
PSD Elite

Postby furymaker » 2018 Aug 23, 19:36

he's playing out of his mind so far this season, 7 goals in 7 games
Fixer
PSD Backbone

Postby Fixer » 2018 Nov 25, 16:58

I've updated him. May not be perfect tho so I welcome suggestions.

PD: updated again, def and SP
antony wrote:when a player joins Atletico, Fixer gives him a +10 boost in stamina (Simeone's garra)

Houy
PSD Elite

Postby Houy » 2018 Nov 26, 13:24

Fixer wrote:I've updated him. May not be perfect tho so I welcome suggestions.

PD: updated again, def and SP

the set currently depicts him as a more energetic and involved player which is accurate. He has a really good work-rate and heart when he plays. He has a real range of movements and actions in every game, as a pseudo CM/SM he provides defensive cover in the center and also provides width on the wings and even moves as a second striker off the ball.

The sta/def/ment/teamwork increases are very appropriate. I'd have def a little lower maybe, i attribute his defensive dilligence a lot more to effort and an impulsive playstyle rather than ability. In my notes i started him off at 47 but i was building him up everygame since his role changed to the current one, for now i'd have him at 52 tops which is where i'll settle i think.

Also i would switch the values for mentality and teamwork and give him a good increase in resp. As much ground as he covers he isn't a proficient player tactically. He shows no hesitation in interjecting himself in most situations, goes for loose balls and moves very aggresively which results in him beginning many counters from the midfield. I would attribute that to a high Response, which you can also see in his movement offf the ball when up front. As far as teamwork goes he makes great attempts at covering space to help his team in someway or another but doesn't really do it properly, he doesn't know how follow though on plays consistently, or stick close to his teammates methodically and it's just as often that they have to make an effort to find him so they can put him into play. He is the kind of player i'd rate at 76-77, based on his efforts despite his lack of aptitude or tactical prowess. As for resp i'd go for 81-82, leaning towars the higher number.

Ment should be in the 80s, there's no other player at Sevilla that plays with his resolve. I'd place him at 81, and i'd go higher if it wasn't for the fact he has lapses of concentration quite often. Atm i'd only place Kjaer ahead of him in this aspect, on acount of his decisiveness and concentration, a stronger player mentally though not as ballsy and fearless as Sarabia.

My strong disagreements with the set are the increseses of some of his technical abilities. His DA and Lpa really haven't struck me as that impressive. He has good sharp deliveries from set pieces and can provide a good cross, but not at this level. His Lps looked good at 83, also he absolutely isn't better than Navas for LPA. Same for his short passing, he has skill and can implement power so he has a good range but he is not at that level as short passer. I haven't seen more than 1-2 short passes that would nessesitate this level of spa up to now, certainly doesn't show it consistently. I think he could get a small increase for both SPA and SPS, overall his passing stats looked fine to me tbh, very accurate.

Also have to disagree with DA. He just is not at that level of close control, his past value i found a little excessive. He has the control of a real solid dribbler but not more. With the current valies for DS, DA and the increase of his TS i get the impression you wanted to depict him as a proficient dribbler ( active or for retention ) who's only issue is he slows down to use his ability one on one or simply relies on static dribbling , which isn't the case. Sarabia isn't an exraordinary dribbler or technician, he is just a solid all rounder. His DS is fine too, he has obviously changed his style to more ''to the point'' when on the ball and doesn't move on it a lot but it's still part of his repertoir, a lot more than any excuisite display of close control or stick the ball to his foot display.

Tech is his best ability technique-wise, he can make some really clean connections and he is consistent. 84 is very right

I want to watch more to form opinions on his Att and i'm really uncertain about his shooting atm. He is a dangerous player but he makes the rush desicion or dumb mistake a little too often, he is 80-ish but maybe not quite.. i'll have to see a little more. I agree with the SP increase.

By the way his DP should be SM, CM and WF should be added

a more accurate set, the way i see him atm

Attack: 80 ?
Defence: 52
Balance: 75
Stamina: 83
Top Speed: 83
Acceleration: 82
Response: 82
Agility: 83-84
Dribble Accuracy: 83
Dribble Speed: 80-81
Short Pass Accuracy: 79
Short Pass Speed: 77
Long Pass Accuracy: 81
Long Pass Speed: 83
Shot Accuracy: ?
Shot Power: 83
Shot Technique: ?
Free Kick Accuracy: 74
Curling: 83
Header: 68
Jump: 67
Technique: 84
Aggression: 82
Mentality: 81
Keeper Skills: 50
Teamwork: 77

Condition/Fitness: 5-6
Weak Foot Accuracy: 6
Weak Foot Frequency: 6

* i've watched every Sevilla game this season up to the game vs Celta

Edit: just noticed Classic number 10 ?? Is that what the set is modeled after, a technical creative 10 that doesn't move much on the ball ? Because he is nothing like that :x
Fixer
PSD Backbone

Postby Fixer » 2018 Nov 26, 15:43

Thanks for the feedback Huoi, if you allow me, let me explain my biggest cause of concern, as that is your reaction to Classic Nº10. At first I was relatively reluctant to that card alone, as I never saw the point of it. It seemed, as it name implied, an extremely restrictive card, but it doesn't seem like that at all tome anymore. I feel like that card's main role is to force players not to overdribble or attempt speedy runs on the ball, and rather find the most suitable option as quickly as possible, with the occasional tactical dribble inbetween. And yes, I do wonder, how does Sarabia move the ball? Perhaps the way I build sets is relatively mild - that is, trying to balance out older and newer stats, since the mechanics ain't the same, I can't expect to make a perfect set in which Special Abilities, Cards and Stats all work in perfect harmony for an undeniable set for every single PES game. And, I have already stated several times, I'm not overly familiar with certain cards, which also tend to change as every new PES edition is released, so its more based on guesses than anything.

I play what I play, we've got sets in here based on older PES but we do include newer cards, aswell as abilities that don't exist anymore, together with 3 stats that do not belong to all games and that radically change the game. So I decided, for a guy like Sarabia, who does play as AMF, has a really quick wit for the pass (1 touch, which I added) and does not overdribble and rarely ver displays true DS, that a good way of using him, as a goalscoring AMF who provides huge support to the wings when playing in the middle, and to the middle when he plays on the wing, by a very solid passing, and a superb crossing ability (Which you are underrating imo). Perhaps his LPS is lower than that, and I have admitted so on Discord yesterday.

I can however agree with slightly lower DA, maybe passing beinga bit lower too? 82 may be a bit too much, but he's a pretty solid grounded pass assistman aswell imo.

Other than that I don't know, you seem to agree with most of what I've done, with a few changes here and there I Could agree with the same way I could agree with other values that could be suggested, but regarding Tech I haven't seen him being that impressive either, and at the end of the day we've given him the same value.

Perhaps you could help me with the updates then. I admit I don't watch Sevilla as much as you've just said you do, but if you do please, do offer suggestions, because certain players are far from being up to date. If your ideas are clear then please aid us with the team. In any case, I regard your suggestions, and I agree on some, but his LPA is defo mid yellows at worst.
antony wrote:when a player joins Atletico, Fixer gives him a +10 boost in stamina (Simeone's garra)

Houy
PSD Elite

Postby Houy » 2018 Nov 26, 19:53

Fixer wrote:Thanks for the feedback Huoi, if you allow me, let me explain my biggest cause of concern, as that is your reaction to Classic Nº10. At first I was relatively reluctant to that card alone, as I never saw the point of it. It seemed, as it name implied, an extremely restrictive card, but it doesn't seem like that at all tome anymore. I feel like that card's main role is to force players not to overdribble or attempt speedy runs on the ball, and rather find the most suitable option as quickly as possible, with the occasional tactical dribble inbetween. And yes, I do wonder, how does Sarabia move the ball? Perhaps the way I build sets is relatively mild - that is, trying to balance out older and newer stats, since the mechanics ain't the same, I can't expect to make a perfect set in which Special Abilities, Cards and Stats all work in perfect harmony for an undeniable set for every single PES game. And, I have already stated several times, I'm not overly familiar with certain cards, which also tend to change as every new PES edition is released, so its more based on guesses than anything.

I play what I play, we've got sets in here based on older PES but we do include newer cards, aswell as abilities that don't exist anymore, together with 3 stats that do not belong to all games and that radically change the game.

that's my issue, because i understand your reasoning as far as individual attributes go from what you are saying as much as i did by seeing the set itself, but it seems like a bit of a reach. Because he doesn't exactly fit that mold.

Just isolating movement i don't believe he does because he isn't that held back regarding his DS, he just doesn't actively utilize it in his dribbling to the extend he could as he looks like a natural DS dribbler with real fluidity in how he speeds up his movement on the ball and exercises his control while simultaneously moving. I'm all for utilizing DS's range to restrict a player, consciously opting for utilization over pure ability when it's necessary. I agree Sarabia is a player who does this, just not to this extend.

Overall i don't think he is that ''to the point'' or restricted in the way he functions to warrant that card , let alone need it. If anything he is really unrestricted if the situations demands it, or just on a whim which happens often. So, i understand the struggle to find something suitable for him or something to make him play that much close to what you perceive him to, as we all do, it's just in this case i'm afraid assigning him that specific playstyle dictates his set and changes it to something different all together rather than help emulate him better. What i'm saying is i don't think it's exactly him in more aspects than it is, and at the end of the day it does more harm than it fixes. I don't think every player has an ideal pes card or style to identify with, even if it might ''help'', so we just do the best we can do with him. No need to fit him into one if it doesn't fit him exactly, which i don't it does, remotely.

Fixer wrote: So I decided, for a guy like Sarabia, who does play as AMF, has a really quick wit for the pass (1 touch, which I added) and does not overdribble and rarely ver displays true DS, that a good way of using him, as a goalscoring AMF who provides huge support to the wings when playing in the middle, and to the middle when he plays on the wing, by a very solid passing, and a superb crossing ability (Which you are underrating imo). Perhaps his LPS is lower than that, and I have admitted so on Discord yesterday.
He doesn't though, as far as i've seen he hasn't played as an AM at all. In the beginning he played as a WF and for 7 games at least now he plays something like an SM/CM hybrid that moves into SS positions from time to time ( very free role ). I'm 5 league games behind, so if he does change role for a third time i'll be happy to swallow my words. And i wouldn't set him as such as some form of compromise just to account for his freedom of movement. He doesn't really provide ''support'' to the wings, at least in our way of understanding it in pes( i am assuming that's what you mean ) , he makes up the wings with Navas as an outlier in his side, with whom they don't have some special connection or cooperation really. Navas provides width and Sarabia has more freedom to move in more central positions.

Fixer wrote:I can however agree with slightly lower DA, maybe passing beinga bit lower too? 82 may be a bit too much, but he's a pretty solid grounded pass assistman aswell imo.

His Lpa at around 83 would not be inaccurate based on what i've seen, LPS at 83 seems about right. He's barely breaking 80 at SPA for me, again Navas is by all mean a better '' assistman''. That's the thing though, i don't think he's such a great technician where he is an easy 80 for spa or an easy 83 even for lpa, certainly not that good with the ball purely regarding DA.
Fixer wrote:Other than that I don't know, you seem to agree with most of what I've done, with a few changes here and there I Could agree with the same way I could agree with other values that could be suggested, but regarding Tech I haven't seen him being that impressive either, and at the end of the day we've given him the same value.

I do agree with many changes you've made, namely the physical and stats that ones that affect his movement without the ball and those aspects of his behavior. I disagree with most of the technical changes, cause i see him at a different, lower level. And that's a hugely important disagreement just on it's one ,but especially adding a playstyle i think unnecessary and even a different position than i've seen him play, he morphs into a different player than what i've perceived him as altogether. That is my concern.

Yeah, we see Tech the same, but i see it as his most impressive technical attribute while on the set it's just a component of his overall high technical skillset, because DA, SPA and LPA are imo unnecessarily high. So that goes to show our different views on his overall technical ability. 84 is a pretty good value btw

Fixer wrote:Perhaps you could help me with the updates then. I admit I don't watch Sevilla as much as you've just said you do, but if you do please, do offer suggestions, because certain players are far from being up to date. If your ideas are clear then please aid us with the team. In any case, I regard your suggestions, and I agree on some,
I intend to , i've mentioned this on Discord in my Sevilla rant to Jurgens. I wanted to watch the first half of the season to get as well rounded a view as i can, i got plenty of notes on the starting team, don't worry.
Fixer wrote: but his LPA is defo mid yellows at worst.
Navas is betta !!! :mrgreen:

btw fixer, i hope you didn't interpret this :x or my tone as mad or hostile. I appreciate you putting the effort into updating the team, i was really happy with your update on Vázquez for example. I was just taken aback in this case because i've seen certain aspects of him very differently and the set seemingly went in a very different direction. Hopefully i appear constructive in the post because that is my honest intention.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2018 Nov 26, 21:10

regarding navas's lpa, he was a clear 90, and was before city move, but due to utterly terrible peformances he was sevrely nerfed in that regard, but I don't think he ever lost it. i doubt whatever value he has atm is an accurate reflection of his crossing ability.
Fixer
PSD Backbone

Postby Fixer » 2018 Nov 26, 22:46

I've made some changes. Thanks for the input Huoy!

Fixer
PSD Backbone

Postby Fixer » 2018 Nov 27, 18:08

Btw this ain't over. I'm still rather into him having higher LPA, but I will back it up even further before I riposte :P

Houy
PSD Elite

Postby Houy » 2019 Jan 15, 17:15

He's been shifting to a more concrete defined style of play, his movement and interaction with the game has increased significantly at this point. Probably having to do to do with how much of a focal point he has become for the team but also at a physical level he is arguably one of the 2-3 players that cover the most ground each game.

An aspect of him i didn't think he had a particular affinity for is supportive play, which i believe he's proving wrong right now on account of his involvement and the volume of his team-play. Not a special talent of his by any means but i wouldn't be against a strong value for any of the stats that enable him to involve more in the game like he does. A small boost of a couple points to Sta and Agg should be the most needed and appropriate changes for him based on what he shows consistently atm.

A change towards efficiency has also seen him use his dribbling, crossing and speed less. His game is becoming simpler and sharper with more movement to give structure and support to his team complemented by big plays in the final third that result in goals and opportunities,

like this brilliant goal vs Valencia, ( it starts at 9;49 in the second half folder here http://fullmatchsports.com/valencia-vs- ... first-half, the league's replay on youtube cuts the beginning of it out :roll: ), a great piece of team play and show of his persistence and sharpness of mind inside the box

or his goals against Girona https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzef7FJvQxI and Huesca https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oeb5quO9-us ( at 1:05 ) ( super lovely touch also ).

He's doing a very neat job at driving forth attacks for his team in this manner, almost hints at a talisman.

Return to “Paris Saint-Germain FC”