PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Sylvain Marveaux

Postby PES Stats Database » 2009 Oct 26, 16:17

Basilio
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Sylvain Marveaux

Postby Basilio » 2013 Mar 22, 00:46

he has such an easy to dribble players when he decides to make an incisive run with the ball. His close control on them is variable, alternating some close/smooth touches with some heavier distant ones. But he is genial to identify when/where to burst and gain some meters and he has absolute control during the whole process. Im still confused about his pace, as running without the ball is not smth he frequents. As the description above describes, Marveux is "compulsively attracted to the center", and he wont choice to make off the ball runs to drill the defence, he'll drift to the center to make incisive runs and play long passes, ambit on which he excels. I mean it, he is king in long passing, in variety and precision, he is always very dangerous with them. I have him on 90 lpa, frankly, long passing is the backbone of his game. His curl does look like 86 or so, number on which i also have his da. As a winger is no responsive at all, and lazy to defend
Last edited by Basilio on 2013 Mar 24, 02:24, edited 1 time in total.
Descansa en paz Chucho
REAL_MADRID
New Stat Maker

Postby REAL_MADRID » 2013 Mar 22, 09:02

He also has impressed me every time I've seen him in Newcastle, I don't know why he isn't a more regular starter... Really a great passer of the ball, that is imo his best quality, both long passing and crossing. I wouldn't dare to give a concrete value, but I'm sure that AT LEAST his LPA should be in middle yellows. Not sure about SPA, but can also being revised.

Also his positions should be revised. I have seen him playing both sides (SMF/WF), also in an AMF position, even sometimes in a CMF role.

I would like to see more opinions about him.
Basilio

Postby Basilio » 2013 Mar 24, 02:38

yes i forgot to mention his short passing. He is an average short passer and not as confident as with his long pasing, between both types there is a marginal difference. He is efficient to mantain the flow though, not overly adventurous and not inaccurate. He is competent to play accurately the correct pass in the game dynamic, but he would not attempt through balls or play incisively. This is based on the limited time i've have watched him, but a 76/77 would do no harm for now i believe. Dont think he needs this high wfa/wff btw
Descansa en paz Chucho
PIPA23

Postby PIPA23 » 2014 Jul 22, 18:32

loaned to Guingamp: http://www.eaguingamp.com/?Sylvain-Marveaux-Newcastle-a

Return to “FC Lorient”