Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 11, 21:35

- 1999-2001

Nickname: "La Brujita"

Club: SS Lazio

- 2004-2006

Club: F.C. Internazionale Milano

Spoiler: show
short explantions:
[spoiler]atk: mostly just sat back in the midfield and moved around there, pretty decent at finding space around the pitch when he did venture forward.
:def pretty shit.. offered little to def, v Wanted to go lower, but he was more defensivly inclined at inter.. so would be wrong to give him lower than lazio set.azio set.
resp: hardly pursued defenders or tried to intercept anything. He usually would have at least 1 shield protecting for him.. he wasn't there to defend.
passing: world class without doubht. Hesitant on giving him 90 sps but it can probably be taken. lpa never got any worse at this. lps needs a slight raise.
speed: awful in short distances, but due to his long legs.. he could reach a decent speed.
da: still classy, little loss there.
men: awful.. clearly had some stamina issues
shooting: not bad, but he just blasted them, didn't rely on placement at all... and never really had any.
tw: all that he needs to do what he did. move around in the midfield keeping play going. his playmaking ability is covered by playmaking* + passer + his huge passing stats.

unfortunatly little vids of him from inter days. heres a match video from 2 years after he left inter, so you can get an idea of the quality he still has in his passing.

- 2008-2011

Club: Estudiantes de La Plata

INFO:
In mid-2006, Verón made it known that he wished to return to his native Argentina for the 2006-2007 season. He received offers from Boca Juniors and River Plate, but chose his boyhood club Estudiantes de La Plata, of whom he is a declared fan and has made significant donations in the past to upgrade the club training facilities. Chelsea agreed to loan Verón to Estudiantes for a season, until the end of his contract with the English club. On 13 December 2006, he helped Estudiantes win the Apertura 2006 tournament, its first in 23 years, in a final play-off match final over Boca Juniors. Some rival fans booed him, arguably dating back to his sub-par performances during the 2002 FIFA World Cup, but Verón was ranked among the top three players in the 2006 Argentine League by sports newspaper Olé.

Following his donations to the club's training grounds, Verón was a decisive factor in the agreement with La Plata city hall to update Estudiantes' historic stadium to modern standards. Verón personally engaged then Argentine president Néstor Kirchner to kick-start the negotiations, which had been stalled by La Plata mayor Julio Alak. Verón indicated that he may run for Estudiantes president in the future.

Verón suffered from a string of minor injuries after his return from the 2007 Copa América, and missed a number of important games during the 2007-08 season. His fitness improved in time for the 2008-09 season, in which Estudiantes reached the finals of the Copa Sudamericana and secured a place in the 2009 Copa Libertadores.
In July 2007, Kevin Payne, president of Major League Soccer club D.C. United, met with Verón in Buenos Aires to discuss a possible transfer, but Verón decided to stay in Estudiantes.

In early 2008, several football personalities chose Verón as the best player in the Argentine league.

In 2009, he played in the Copa Libertadores for the second time, having seen Estudiantes eliminated in the round of 16 in the previous year by eventual champions Liga de Quito. After displaying his usual excellent level of play throughout the tournament, he found himself leading Estudiantes into the final for the first time since 1971. The Copa Libertadores has long been a special competition for Estudiantes and its fans, ever since the team won three consecutive titles from 1968-1970 with Verón's father playing a key role on the left wing. Verón certainly shared this affinity for the most prestigious title in the American continent, as evidenced by his declaration before the final: "I would trade everything I've won for this title."His dream came true as Estudiantes won the final, after an aggregate of 2-1. A 0-0 tie in La Plata and a dramatic 2-1 win away in Belo Horizonte against Brazil's Cruzeiro sealed el pincha's triumph. Verón was chosen by visitors to fifa.com as the best player of the 2009 Copa Libertadores.

Verón was twice elected South American Footballer of the Year (2008 and 2009) by Uruguayan diary El País, a title that is cited worldwide.

LITTLE EXPLANATIONS:

Well as he's retiring now in 4 matches :cry: I think that's time to prepare a set for him in these years where just impressive as he always been world class but he confirmed that in Estudiantes. He basically RE-founded the entire club, an hero for the fans and most important player of the club along with his father Juan Ramón Verón. Estudiantes was ruined when he came back in 2006 and since there they started to raise sin Veron's leadership and he got that remembered tournament stealing that to Lavolpe's Boca team in that final. Then came international amazing appearances, and finally in 2009 they got with a hell of team the Copa Libertadores. Then came the remembered and awesome performance vs the best team in the history.

Been re-viewing some moments of him in these years, and he's been a hell of player, personality, leadership and all combined with what a class...intact and in some aspects even better. Difficult to compare but I firmly believe that he's at the same level of Riquelme in terms of long passing, he was just insane in these years, for sure needs those values and I'm pretty satisfied how works in game. Just went with some Konami values but surprise for me were the same that I was thinking in before watch the default stats. He needs a set for these years as he was probably the best player in AFA with Riquelme in 00's, may be the most influential taking off Román. But what Verón did was pretty much more difficult, as he came to a ruined team and became it in an International club with awesome appearances.

I have to confess that he's one of my debilities, he's so incredible as player, too awful that in last year was plagued by injuries and he thought in retire 6 months ago but his teammates and the crowd asked him to continue by 6 months more, and despite being decided as he knew that his physique was in a clear decline; he due to his love to the club continued...the results weren't good, he played only 4 matches this tournament as he had reason. Takes a lot of time to recover after a game as he has a chronical injurie in his knee and he knows that more than nobody...but sometimes "Heart has reasons that even reason don't understand" and here he's.

A hell of player, an example to any player who love his club and give all for it...We'll all miss you Bruja :cry:

Some videos of him in this era...look at his passing skills and technique, it's just flawless:

[/quote]

Last edited by Uzair on 2010 Oct 02, 21:24, edited 6 times in total.
Adrien
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Juan Sebastián VERÓN | 1999-2001 | 2004-2006

Postby Adrien » 2012 Jan 31, 12:58

Name need to be change on PSD section. The two set have the same name so you can't know wich era is it for Veron (you have to see his age but it will be usefull to write 1999-2001 and 2004-2006). ;)

http://pesstatsdatabase.com/PSD/PlayerClassic.php?Id=402&Era=1
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2012 Jan 31, 13:02

I intentionally don't state eras in players names as it goes into your game when you use wild editor, which is really annoying.
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2012 Jan 31, 13:16

Sorry I didn't know because other players have era on their names. I use wild editor but I copy all thing except the name and it's works well, I prefer write the name directly on the editor. But I understand your reason ;)
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
John1
New Contributor

Postby John1 » 2012 Feb 04, 07:36

Haha his passing and dribbling abilities are greatly exaggerated especially when compared to the ratings some of the legends get
Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Postby Vickingo » 2012 May 27, 01:33

As he's gonna to retire in 4 matches, I felt that's a good time to have a set for him in his bests years in Argentina and doing it amazing in Southamerican competitions. Been reviewing some footage and his class was almost intact and he changed his mind a lot as he's a real icon and probably the best AFA player with Riquelme in a long time. He practically refound Estudiantes as a whole club, its best player in the history and showing insane quality as always. Veron's matches in Estudiantes during his 7 years spent in the club must be the player that I've put more effort in follow him -even before being in PSD- and specially in his prime which was 2008-2010. I can't say that I've watched all the matches, but a good amount of matches. So here is the set to add, if someone has any question, I'll answer with pleasure ;)

vickingo_73 wrote:Juan Sebastián VERÓN (2008-2011)
Club: Estudiantes de La Plata
Name: VERON
Number: 11
Positions: CMF
Nationality: Argentine _arg

Height: 186 cm
Weight: 79 kg

Injury Tolerance: C
Foot: R
Side: -

Attack: 78
Defence: 62
Balance: 83
Stamina: 80
Top Speed: 76
Acceleration: 74
Response: 77
Agility: 74
Dribble Accuracy: 86
Dribble Speed: 75
Short Pass Accuracy: 92
Short Pass Speed: 88
Long Pass Accuracy: 95
Long Pass Speed: 93
Shot Accuracy: 75
Shot Power: 85
Shoot Technique: 78
Free Kick Accuracy: 82
Curling: 91
Header: 72
Jump: 71
Technique: 90
Aggression: 72
Mentality: 82
Keeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 85

Condition/Fitness: 5
Weak Foot Accuracy: 5
Weak Foot Frequency: 4

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Tactical Dribble
Playmaking
Passing
Middle Shooting
Centre
1-Touch Pass
Outside

PLAYER INDEX CARDS:
P06 - Pinpoint Pass
P11 - Long Ranger
P18 - Talisman
S02 - Passer
S05 - 1-touch play
S06 - Outside Curve

MOTION STYLE:

ATTACK / DEFENCE AWARENESS: BAL

TIME IN ESTUDIANTES:

In mid-2006, Verón made it known that he wished to return to his native Argentina for the 2006-2007 season. He received offers from Boca Juniors and River Plate, but chose his boyhood club Estudiantes de La Plata, of whom he is a declared fan and has made significant donations in the past to upgrade the club training facilities. Chelsea agreed to loan Verón to Estudiantes for a season, until the end of his contract with the English club. On 13 December 2006, he helped Estudiantes win the Apertura 2006 tournament, its first in 23 years, in a final play-off match final over Boca Juniors. Some rival fans booed him, arguably dating back to his sub-par performances during the 2002 FIFA World Cup, but Verón was ranked among the top three players in the 2006 Argentine League by sports newspaper Olé.

Following his donations to the club's training grounds, Verón was a decisive factor in the agreement with La Plata city hall to update Estudiantes' historic stadium to modern standards. Verón personally engaged then Argentine president Néstor Kirchner to kick-start the negotiations, which had been stalled by La Plata mayor Julio Alak. Verón indicated that he may run for Estudiantes president in the future.

Verón suffered from a string of minor injuries after his return from the 2007 Copa América, and missed a number of important games during the 2007-08 season. His fitness improved in time for the 2008-09 season, in which Estudiantes reached the finals of the Copa Sudamericana and secured a place in the 2009 Copa Libertadores.
In July 2007, Kevin Payne, president of Major League Soccer club D.C. United, met with Verón in Buenos Aires to discuss a possible transfer, but Verón decided to stay in Estudiantes.

In early 2008, several football personalities chose Verón as the best player in the Argentine league.

In 2009, he played in the Copa Libertadores for the second time, having seen Estudiantes eliminated in the round of 16 in the previous year by eventual champions Liga de Quito. After displaying his usual excellent level of play throughout the tournament, he found himself leading Estudiantes into the final for the first time since 1971. The Copa Libertadores has long been a special competition for Estudiantes and its fans, ever since the team won three consecutive titles from 1968-1970 with Verón's father playing a key role on the left wing. Verón certainly shared this affinity for the most prestigious title in the American continent, as evidenced by his declaration before the final: "I would trade everything I've won for this title."His dream came true as Estudiantes won the final, after an aggregate of 2-1. A 0-0 tie in La Plata and a dramatic 2-1 win away in Belo Horizonte against Brazil's Cruzeiro sealed el pincha's triumph. Verón was chosen by visitors to fifa.com as the best player of the 2009 Copa Libertadores.

Verón was twice elected South American Footballer of the Year (2008 and 2009) by Uruguayan diary El País, a title that is cited worldwide.

LITTLE EXPLANATIONS:

Well as he's retiring now in 4 matches :cry: I think that's time to prepare a set for him in these years where just impressive as he always been world class but he confirmed that in Estudiantes. He basically RE-founded the entire club, an hero for the fans and most important player of the club along with his father Juan Ramón Verón. Estudiantes was ruined when he came back in 2006 and since there they started to raise sin Veron's leadership and he got that remembered tournament stealing that to Lavolpe's Boca team in that final. Then came international amazing appearances, and finally in 2009 they got with a hell of team the Copa Libertadores. Then came the remembered and awesome performance vs the best team in the history.

Been re-viewing some moments of him in these years, and he's been a hell of player, personality, leadership and all combined with what a class...intact and in some aspects even better. Difficult to compare but I firmly believe that he's at the same level of Riquelme in terms of long passing, he was just insane in these years, for sure needs those values and I'm pretty satisfied how works in game. Just went with some Konami values but surprise for me were the same that I was thinking in before watch the default stats. He needs a set for these years as he was probably the best player in AFA with Riquelme in 00's, may be the most influential taking off Román. But what Verón did was pretty much more difficult, as he came to a ruined team and became it in an International club with awesome appearances.

I have to confess that he's one of my debilities, he's so incredible as player, too awful that in last year was plagued by injuries and he thought in retire 6 months ago but his teammates and the crowd asked him to continue by 6 months more, and despite being decided as he knew that his physique was in a clear decline; he due to his love to the club continued...the results weren't good, he played only 4 matches this tournament as he had reason. Takes a lot of time to recover after a game as he has a chronical injurie in his knee and he knows that more than nobody...but sometimes "Heart has reasons that even reason don't understand" and here he's.

A hell of player, an example to any player who love his club and give all for it...We'll all miss you Bruja :cry:

Some videos of him in this era...look at his passing skills and technique, it's just flawless:

Korinov

Postby Korinov » 2012 May 27, 09:54

Seems good, but I'd go even lower for speed stats and maybe agility too. Overall the set is fine, I'd have no problem including it in the DB with very minor tweaks.
Image Korinov la Komadreja
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
amine wrote:Spanish vodoo is real. That’s my takeaway from this. When my gran children ask me about it, i’ll tell them about the era of xosé the great
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2012 May 27, 10:14

Looks great to me, only concern is LPS. I honestly can't remeber now how hard verons lps was, but I'm sure if I gave him that 88 it was pretty close to reality, so I'd see it as strange for his lps to change to so much higher late in his carrer.
Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Postby Vickingo » 2012 May 27, 19:33

Korinov wrote:Seems good, but I'd go even lower for speed stats and maybe agility too. Overall the set is fine, I'd have no problem including it in the DB with very minor tweaks.

Good but i wouldn't go with so worse ts/acc than 76-74 tbh. He has long legs and that's make him better in 'long' runs, despite not having so many during the match, in this era he used to run more and showing it more too. He certainly never had a bad stamina as could be said cause he is relaxed and slow, his fitness is incredible and always been. Btw that's not the point lol. He showed a decent pace, more when he came from Inter, and then he mantained and from time to time, you could be surprised by his top speed in long 'careers'. Konami's values are more or less fine and this are similar and imo are ok for what he showed averagly. The same with agility, he never was agile but certainly agiler than Riquelme for example, mostly in 2008-2009, not too much to add here.

jurgens wrote:Looks great to me, only concern is LPS. I honestly can't remeber now how hard verons lps was, but I'm sure if I gave him that 88 it was pretty close to reality, so I'd see it as strange for his lps to change to so much higher late in his carrer.

Good, been thinking in that. If Veron would show everytime that he shoots his real LPS, he'd be in reds without doubts. I have always the feeling that this guy must be one of the best shooters that I've ever seen, even better than Riquelme...but those are personal opinions and may be i'm a little biased to this comment -not for the stats, yes for the comparision-. Verón in Estudiantes showed always an insane LPS, but more in normal situations and open play, in stopped balls he's so genious that everytime that he shooted, he made it in a different way, all depends on the situation and in his teammates. He had an awesome and legendary conexion with Desabato. Look at last weekend goal, this is a typical Estuadiantes' goal in this gold era...cross from 40-50 metres in a stopped ball by Veron and goal from Desabato:

There is an awesome accuracy and a middle speed there. But that's more cause he's looking for precision more than speed. I wouldn't go for a worse value as he showed usually in open play with crosses by 70 metres of range, and there yeah he relied more in force than in accuracy. Actually Konami gave him in pes2011 and pes 2012 93 there too if I remember well, and it's basically ok.

PS: Could it be put all eras in the 1st post? It's certainly odd and annoying have to go to 1st page to look all the sets. Dunno what you think about it :)
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2012 May 31, 05:04

Look at last weekend goal, this is a typical Estuadiantes' goal in this gold era...cross from 40-50 metres in a stopped ball by Veron and goal from Desabato:

yeah, but like you said.. middle speed. I'll check whatever vids I can of him on youtube and see what sort of power there is a little later.
Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Postby Vickingo » 2012 May 31, 06:02

I know it but in stopped balls he usually looked for precision + than for speed. In open play he showed his usual force with those changes of side of 60 metres of range...Konami gave him 93 there and in the whole set they did a really awesome job. I can't see a so lower value there tbh. May be with a lower value he'll be more conservative at stopped balls, but he won't be available of doing those characteristical insane powerful long passes and that isn't so good. It's difficult that a player show each long cross his total force, and more in a long ball genious as Veron who can choose between an accurate one and one fast looking for another leg in its travel to the goal.

Dunno if it's the best example but take a look in the game vs Internacional at min 1:35 the pass to Iberbia, it's really difficult what he did almost without too much 'travel' of his knee and how much force printed on it, that's just fantastic and really difficult to make. May be it's that I have so much incorporated and are almost commonly each weekend to watch those kind of long crosses makes me understimate sometimes, but again i wouldn't go with a lower value. But it's your decision.

Reviewing those vids, his sps is just insane, sometimes even ridicolous...he can deliver grounded and fast passes in a range of 20 metres without doubts.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2012 May 31, 06:08

I watched a little, value is fine. Need to update the rest of the sets with the same lps.
Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Postby Vickingo » 2012 Jul 10, 02:55

So...add the Estudiantes' set? Here I made a compilation of his last match at home...PLEASE try to look how good he is still, how much he moves -probably it's better to watch the whole match-, but look how technical, awesome and insane crosser, how much he tries, how much he runs...it's just so good. I'm pretty positive that in 2008-2011 he could have both (lpa/lps) in red's, he's so damn good...and more impressive are the amount of succesful crosses here and there that he makes, it's basically his game style...also his sps is insane, probably could up to oranges too, and it's not overrate him, it's just so good. Dunno how many players can mantain this level with his age and with his constant injuries...you can say me: 'It's his last match at home, he's motivated, etc' but man, if you can't play, you can't...this guy is just awesome. Probably technique is a bit better than 90.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2012 Jul 10, 03:22

I thought it was aklready added by korinov, I'm fine with it.
Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Postby Vickingo » 2012 Oct 03, 11:14

Bump? Can be added Estudiantes' set please? :P
Korinov

Re: Juan Sebastián VERÓN | 1999-2001 | 2004-2006 | 2008-2011

Postby Korinov » 2012 Oct 04, 21:46

Done, sorry for the delay.
Image Korinov la Komadreja
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
amine wrote:Spanish vodoo is real. That’s my takeaway from this. When my gran children ask me about it, i’ll tell them about the era of xosé the great
reckless
New Stat Maker

Postby reckless » 2013 May 09, 21:49

Was he really 186cm? He's never looked that tall to me.

Here is a clip of him @ 3:54 arguing with Kaka who is genuinely 186cm. Veron looks a good two inches shorter than him.

Here's his fight with Totti, only looks a couple of cm taller than the 180cm Totti.

Here is his profile on ESPN which lists him as 182cm, which looks much more believable.

http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/8876/juan ... 3n?cc=5739

Never 6'1.

Even in the retired section on PES Stats he is listed at 182cm.

http://pesstatsdatabase.com/PSD/Player. ... 397&Club=0
reckless
New Stat Maker

Postby reckless » 2013 May 10, 15:22

Perhaps you only listen if another mod makes the suggestion.

I have presented clear evidence that suggests he was 182cm not 186cm.
frshmn
Regular Poster

Postby frshmn » 2013 May 10, 15:26

^ Is that in response to another post? Or are you genuinely angry that suggestions you made only a day ago haven't been taken in to consideration?
His TS is 83, big deal. Arguing for 79 is whiny.
reckless
New Stat Maker

Postby reckless » 2013 May 11, 00:01

It's my experience that these changes to a players physiques are rarely changed on this site.

i.e. The 6ft Shevchenko and 6'1 Brian Laudrup, Batistuta weighing only a couple of kilos more than 5'5 Maradona.
I've posted a lot of evidence proving their weight but it never gets changed.
frshmn
Regular Poster

Postby frshmn » 2013 May 11, 00:21

All I'm going to say is, you need only take a cursory glance at the current state of the classics section, and put things in to perspective. Don't take this to heart but, in the grand scheme of things, physical dimensions are trivial at best.
His TS is 83, big deal. Arguing for 79 is whiny.

Return to “00's”