Moderators: lucashag, Adrien, Albo7, Korinov, jurgens, Brezza

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Rainer Bonhof | 1974-1977

Postby PES Stats Database » 2009 May 25, 07:07

Borussia Mönchengladbach

INFO

Rainer Bonhof (born 28 March 1952 in Emmerich am Rhein, North Rhine-Westphalia) is a former German footballer. He was a wing-back or defensive midfielder.

Bonhof became (at that time) Germany's youngest World Champion on 7 July 1974 following his team's 2–1 win over the Netherlands in Munich's Olympiastadion at the 1974 FIFA World Cup. Bonhof even made the assist leading to Gerd Müller's winning goal.

Bonhof, a midfielder, was widely recognized — during his time — for having one of the game's hardest free-kicks as well as longest and most precise throw-ins. Former Liverpool goalkeeper, Ray Clemence, in 1977 following a European Cup tie between the Reds and Borussia Mönchengladbach, was credited for expressing fear of Bonhof's shots. Clemence's fear was such that in a March 1978 match between Liverpool and Borussia Mönchengladbach he ducked to avoid a 25 metre Bonhof free-kick that appeared to be going straight for the keeper's head. Bonhof was awarded the ARD Goal of the Month on three occasions.

After his active career was abruptly ended by an ankle joint injury in 1983, Rainer Bonhof went on to coach. He received his formal licence in 1988, and has coached several teams, resigning a year early from his Scotland U21 responsibilities after they finished last in their European U21 Championship Qualifying group, after 14 games and no victories.

Honours

German national team

• 1972: European Championship winner
• 1974: World Cup winner
• 1976: European Championship runner-up
• 1980: European Championships winner

VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach

• 1971: Bundesliga winner
• 1973: DFB-Pokal winner, UEFA Cup runner-up
• 1975: Bundesliga winner, UEFA Cup winner
• 1976: Bundesliga winner
• 1977: Bundesliga winner, UEFA Champions Cup runner-up

Valencia CF

• 1979: Copa del Rey winner
• 1980: UEFA Cup Winners Cup winner
• 1980: UEFA Super Cup winner

Career Statistics

Clubs

• Borussia Mönchengladbach : 231 Apps, 42 Goals
• Valencia : 60 Apps, 10 Goals
• 1. FC Köln : 74 Apps, 14 Goals
• Hertha BSC Berlin : 6 Apps, 1 Goal

National Team
• Germany : 53 Apps, 9 Goals

Last edited by Milanista_99 on 2009 Sep 29, 01:41, edited 1 time in total.
Classical
Seasoned Stat Maker

Re: Rainer BONHOF | 1974-77

Postby Classical » 2009 May 29, 08:20

Nice one, he was missing!
When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Eric Cantona
warriorism
PSD Youth League

Re: Rainer BONHOF | 1974-1977

Postby warriorism » 2011 Mar 05, 00:20

bonhof and R. carlos... who's kick harder?
Turambur
New Stat Maker

Re: Rainer BONHOF | 1974-1977

Postby Turambur » 2019 Apr 25, 20:20

I've got some sugestions to say about Bonhof. First of all, he had a diferent rol with Germany and Monchengladbach, found him more comfortable playing on the sides more than in the middle. Anyway, he could be described as an all round player, good in all moust everything, but not exceptional. Comparing him and Wimmer, Bonhof was more balanced in both attack and deffense, really confortable playing on recovering and marking in the deep and starting playing with long balls or making runs from deep position.
About his stamina, I am ok with something like 88, didn't noticed him as the kind of player that runs like lunatic, was more the kind one that think when to run and when to not, so 88 is ok for him.
I noticed him making some good moves with his DA, just tactical moves, but anyway I think his DA could be 84-85, something in the Neeskens zone.
About his passing, I did noticed that his short passes where averange with low speed, sometimes loosing posesion because of it, ssomething lile 76 is ok, while his long balls where something good, rrally good, he could start a good counter attack with his LPA and LPS combo, I like the LPA in 88 but his LPS should be arround 86.
Next his SA and SP. I was waiting to see him playing lot of long shots with incredible power, but that was not the case. Found some good VS videos of him vs R.Carlos, but the averange of his shots were not rockets, yes, he could put power, but not as much as I expected.
He is 95 in SP and 73 in SA, but 93-94 and 70 suits him better.
I Couldn't found much of him kicking FKs, but when he did, they were more about SP than acuracity.
Finally, ATT vs DEF, it was hard to rate them both, really. But I opted for giving him higger ATT than DEF. 75 in DEF is too much, yes he was good recovering, It was not his primary role in the pitch, so I'll go for something between 68-72, arround Gerrard. And something like 76-78 in ATT, because his good role playing deep-balls and starting from the deep.
The rest is ok, maybe 80 in BB, but I don't know.

So...
ATT: 76-78
DEF: 68-72
BB: 80 (?)
DA: 84
SPS: 76
LPS: 86
SA: 70
SP: 73-74

and please, add Outside Curve

Return to “70's”