Nicolae Dobrin | 1967-1972

Moderators: Korinov, Adrien, Albo7, Brezza, jurgens, Korinov, Adrien, Albo7, Brezza, jurgens

PES Stats Database

Nicolae Dobrin | 1967-1972

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 10, 00:57

Nicknames: "Prințul din Trivale" ("the Prince of Trivale"), "Gâscanul" ("the Gander")

Club: FC Argeș Pitești

Growth Type: Standard/Lasting

INFO:

Spoiler: show
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nicolae Dobrin was a Romanian football player. He was named Romanian Player of the Year on three occasions, in 1966, 1967, and 1971. Nicolae Dobrin Stadium in Pitești is named after him. One of Romania's greatest footballers, Dobrin was one of the most talented dribblers in football history.

Career:

Dobrin played for Argeș Pitești for 22 years, and only one year for another team, Târgoviște; Dobrin refused to play for any other First Division clubs, such as Dinamo Bucharest or Universitatea Craiova. Dobrin's contribution was essential to the 1979 Championship win for FC Argeș, when he scored in extra time to defeat Dinamo 4–3. Dobrin took the ball from the middle of the pitch, knocked off every player that tried to take the ball away from him and when he reached the penalty area he hit the ball so accurate that it went past the goalkeeper Aniței, hit the left post and entered the goal. The ball had a message attached to it from Dobrin to the Aniței. The message was:"Leave it there because there's nothing you can do about it." This was just one of Dobrin's many ways of humiliating his opponents.

Dobrin played 48 games for the Romanian national team, scoring six times, and contributed to Romania's qualification for the 1970 FIFA World Cup. However, he did not play in it even though he was in the finals squad.

During his whole career, Dobrin played 409 matches, scoring 111 goals in all. He was named Romanian Player of the Year in 1966, 1967 and 1971. He played his last game on 14 June 1983, when FC Argeș faced Bihor Oradea (the match ended 2–0 in favor of FC Argeș). In 2007, Dobrin was the technical director of FC Argeș.

Dobrin is also known for famously missing out on a transfer to Real Madrid
. After playing them in a European Cup game and scoring a goal, Santiago Bernabéu, their famous president was so impressed with Dobrin's skills that he wanted to transfer him to the Spanish team for a reported fee of $ 2 million, a huge amount of money for that time. Because of the communist regime in Romania in that period, Bernabéu had to hold talks with Nicolae Ceaușescu himself, but could not persuade him, because Dobrin was regarded as a "national good" and such values could not be "estranged", especially not working for foreigners, according to the communist doctrine of that time. It is said that this was the biggest regret of Dobrin's life, although he did eventually end up playing in Gento's testimonial, in the famous "blanco" shirt of Real Madrid. On this occasion Santiago Bernabéu made a last unsuccessful attempt to keep the Romanian player in Madrid

VIDEOS:

ADDITIONAL LINKS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolae_Dobrin

http://www.romaniansoccer.ro/players/61 ... dobrin.htm

http://hemeroteca.abc.es/nav/Navigate.e ... 0/073.html

fitzcarraldo

Re: Nicolae DOBRIN | 1968-1975

Postby fitzcarraldo » 2016 Feb 12, 17:27

- moved to the first post -
Last edited by fitzcarraldo on 2016 Feb 21, 17:51, edited 21 times in total.
Korinov

Postby Korinov » 2016 Feb 12, 23:15

Piece of advice:

If you want a classic set for a certain player, and the only available set is a 7-8 years old set which may bear little resemblance to reality, the best thing you can do is watch as much footage as you want, then build the set from scratch and try it ingame. Then watch the footage again and make further changes if needed. Then, only then, compare to other players if you want. But don't pay too much attention to ladders.

It'll require a lot of effort, and it perhaps won't yield a great result (because available footage may be quite limited) but it will be much better than picking some old set from a time when this site used vastly different standards and making some up and down changes to it.
Image Korinov la Komadreja
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
amine wrote:Spanish vodoo is real. That’s my takeaway from this. When my gran children ask me about it, i’ll tell them about the era of xosé the great
fitzcarraldo

Postby fitzcarraldo » 2016 Feb 13, 08:53

Korinov wrote:the best thing you can do is watch as much footage as you want, then build the set from scratch and try it ingame.

Yeah, I'll try that. But the thing is i need a benchmark, i.e. Player with standarized stats with similar position and style. And compare them both in game.
Moysís

Postby Moysís » 2016 Feb 13, 19:08

If I can suggest some changes: his main position should be CMF, he operated mostly from center of the field with tendency to come close to opponent goal in solo runs, but he started mostly from center with great vision and control of the game. IMO stamina could go up to 82 for sure, he was always in movement always trying come closer to his teammates to receive the passes and contribute with other during the match, he wasn't static player.. DS can be boosted as well at least to 82, he didn't lose speed on the ball when tries to dribble, had good footwork.. maybe AGG could be lowered to 83.. with this he will be too much aggressive with coming in the opponent box what doesn't been always case in his play..
fitzcarraldo

Postby fitzcarraldo » 2016 Feb 13, 19:46

Clockwork wrote:maybe AGG could be lowered to 83.. with this he will be too much aggressive with coming in the opponent box what doesn't been always case in his play..

I was thinking about that when I played him in PES, but in my opinion he still was an attacking midfielder. On footage many times he starts to dribble from the middle of the field, and there are mostly times 3 players in front of him (forward, 2 wingers, sometimes possibly other attacking midfielder). I'd still leave AMF and lower his agg by 2-4 points. He was quite efficient in goalscoring.

Clockwork wrote:IMO stamina could go up to 82 for sure, he was always in movement always trying come closer to his teammates to receive the passes and contribute with other during the match, he wasn't static player..

Well, I don't think he needs 82, 80 is quite enough for him. He didn't use pace many times, constant movement - yes, but sprint on/off ball was rare.

Clockwork wrote:DS can be boosted as well at least to 82, he didn't lose speed on the ball when tries to dribble, had good footwork..

Debatable, personally I think he was beating opponents not by speed on ball, but by dribbling (also I raised AGI comparing to my first set, feels better in game) or by passing to teammates.
Moysís

Postby Moysís » 2016 Feb 13, 20:01

If we look on his positioning during play he was mostly on the center with good long passing range (you rated higher LPA), always trying find teammates with long balls, if he was truly AMF he will used mostly that "final pass" for the goal, but his balls were long and precise to the forwards but there were still to play after his teammates receive that passes.. so I'm still thinking that CMF would better present his style of play..

well, I still think that STA at least for point should be raised, he wasn't classic number 10 with static positioning on the filed just looking how to contribute other with passing range, he was everywhere on the field also you can see from footage in some unsuccessful dribblings he always tries to back ball again to his possession attacking opponent players trying to catch them.. that can present also MEN but he used to ran back for ball recuperation..
fitzcarraldo

Postby fitzcarraldo » 2016 Feb 13, 20:10

Clockwork wrote:well, I still think that STA at least for point should be raised, he wasn't classic number 10 with static positioning on the filed just looking how to contribute other with passing range, he was everywhere on the field also you can see from footage in some unsuccessful dribblings he always tries to back ball again to his possession attacking opponent players trying to catch them.. that can present also MEN but he used to ran back for ball recuperation..

About STA, I wouldn't call 80 for a AM/CM low value. Also it will make a gamer think twice/more efficent when playing Dobrin, or he will tire too soon :lol: . 'Ball is faster than footballer' they say ;)

About AM/CM position and Aggression, I will test it tomorrow.
Moysís

Postby Moysís » 2016 Feb 13, 20:15

Well, leave STA on current or raise MEN little bit, but something should be changed.. I don't think it should be testing nothing.. we can see from footage what he present.. sometimes pes game can present player on very different way than he was in reality.. ;)
fitzcarraldo

Postby fitzcarraldo » 2016 Feb 14, 09:56

I decreased his AGG by 4 and left AMF as main, thanks to this he stays a little deeper in the field and can start passing or dribbling from deep, as he did.
Moysís

Postby Moysís » 2016 Feb 14, 15:44

So, is this now final numbers for Dobrin?
fitzcarraldo

Postby fitzcarraldo » 2016 Feb 14, 17:03

Clockwork wrote:So, is this now final numbers for Dobrin?

From my side I'm not sure about AGI (but this is the matter of dropping by 1 point to 83), and Curling - tbh I don't know if he needs value above 85. And maybe i'll put back 91 on LPA.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Moysís

Postby Moysís » 2016 Feb 14, 17:10

IMO it should be 91 for LPA, like before, curling is fine now on 85 and AGI can stay on 83.. he had good movements but nothing special even in some situations he looks like a bit clumsy..
Albo7

Re: Nicolae Dobrin | 1967-1972

Postby Albo7 » 2016 Jun 05, 01:16

Updated with fitzcarraldos set.
Image TROLL KING Image

blumbas

Re: Nicolae Dobrin | 1967-1972

Postby blumbas » 2017 Jan 18, 17:05

Why is his technique stats (DA and TECH) lowered? I'm curious because although I'm far from expert, in all footage I've seen him showing some of the nicest, most elegant dribbling I've ever seen. He's not as good in terms of sheer technique as Zizou, but I think he's definitely in the same tier with ZZ and Prosinecki in terms of close control.

Nice to see updated set, good job.

Return to “70's”