Il Codino

Jovan AĆIMOVIĆ | 1970-1976

Postby Il Codino » 2009 Oct 29, 01:40

Name: Jovan Aćimović

Nickname: "Kule"

Club: Red Star Belgrade
Number: 10
Position: *AMF, CMF, DMF
Nationality: Serbian _srb (Yugoslavian Image at the time)
Era: 1970/1976

Foot: R
Side: B

Height: 176 cm
Weight: 78 kg

Attack: 79
Defence: 60
Balance: 86
Stamina: 89
Top Speed: 77
Acceleration: 78
Response: 88
Agility: 85
Dribble Accuracy: 89
Dribble Speed: 79
Short Pass Accuracy: 92
Short Pass Speed: 84
Long Pass Accuracy: 90
Long Pass Speed: 83
Shot Accuracy: 75
Shot Power: 84
Shot Technique: 76
Free Kick Accuracy: 74
Curling: 85
Header: 71
Jump: 72
Technique: 90
Aggression: 79
Mentality/Tenacity: 85
Goalkeeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 95

Injury Tolerance: B
Form/Condition/Fitness: 8
Weak Foot Accuracy: 7
Weak Foot Frequency: 7
Consistency: 8
Growth type: Early/Lasting

CARDS:
P03: Classic No.10
P08: Pinpoint Pass
P09: Early Cross
P20: Talisman
S02: Passer
S05: 1-touch Play
S06: Outside Curve
S09: Covering

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
*Tactical Dribble
*Playmaking
*Passing
*1-Touch Pass
*Outside
*Covering

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Balanced

INFO:

Jovan "Kule" Aćimović (Serbian: Joван Аћимовић - Kулe) (born June 21, 1948 in Belgrade) is a former Serbian football player.

On the national level he played for Yugoslavia national team (55 matches/three goals), and was a participant at the 1974 FIFA World Cup, and at Euro 1968 and Euro 1976.

One of the idols of Yugoslavia in the 70's.

VIDEOS:

(on 1:09 he scores a goal)

(on 0:33 he scores a goal)

(on 1:15 he scores a goal)

ADDITIONAL LINKS:

http://www.reprezentacija.rs/index.php? ... &Itemid=12

http://www.national-football-teams.com/ ... p?id=20640

http://srb.worldfootball.net/spieler_pr ... -acimovic/

http://www.zerozerofootball.com/player/ ... ault/27286

Last edited by Il Codino on 2009 Nov 07, 18:29, edited 3 times in total.
Plava Čigra

Re: Jovan ACIMOVIC | 1974-1976

Postby Plava Čigra » 2009 Oct 29, 12:48

Eh, I wanted to post this player for quite some time, but I was always searching for more videos in order to do his stats properly. Although you've done his stats pretty good, there a few minor mistakes, and 1 or 2 big ones.

1. His Era shouldn't be 1974-1976. It should be 1970-1976 (Age: 22-28). In that period he was pretty constant and irreplaceable player in Red Star Belgrade.

2. Although his primary position was AMF, he played also as CMF and DMF, positioning himself near the center to send excellent long passes and organize game.

3. His stronger foot was his right foot (although he knew how to use his left foot as well). When he first started to play football he was positioned as right inside-forward, so that's another proof that he's right footed (although most firm evidence are WC games in which he participated, that I saw). So, Foot: R.

4. Attack: 80... Although he played AMF as primary position he didn't go into the opposition box too much. He was more of a passer and playmaker, so if he gets into the box he tries to find his teammate and assists. I think Attack: 78 is enough for him.

5. Defence: 47?! Why such low value? This guy was box-to-box, tireless player with excellent defensive positioning and fantastic reading of the game. When his team is defending, he would run to help the defense, organize defenders and cover the gaps in the defensive line. Defence: 65 sounds much more closer to his style of play.

6. Body Balance: 80... Not too far from the truth, but then if you look at his height and build, it would seem unfair to have such low value. He wasn't an easy faller on the ground, in fact he was described as tank on the field. I suggest, at least Balance: 86.

7. Stamina: 85... Highly underrated. Tireless player who was as fresh on the end of the game as he was on the beginning. Coaches often praised his ability to play high number of games in short period on the same level (most of the national team managers, never had a doubt would they call Acimovic, because he was especially reliable on tournaments). Suggesting Stamina: 92-94.

8. Response: 85... Again not too far from the truth, but he deserves higher value (90 in my opinion). He was a wonderful reader of the game with good reflexes, and although he didn't have speed and acceleration, he had great vision of the game.

9. Dribble Accuracy: 87... Acimovic was a slow player, and he almost never tried to dribble in a straight line, but his DA was the thing that helped him to deal with his opponents. I suggest DA: 89.

10. SPA: 90 & LPA: 89... A bit underrated. My suggestion SPA: 92 & LPA: 90. He was superb passer, who knew exactly where will the player move. Combined with his great vision of the game and technique, this is one of his strongest skills.

11. Shot Power: 80... He didn't use his shot too much, but when he did he had nice amount of power. My suggestion SP: 84.

12. Curling: 79... I would suggest 85. He could give the ball a decent spin when he wanted to.

13. Teamwork: 88... For me he deserves 95 for this ability. He had perfect understanding with his teammates, and he always knew where they would be, and they always knew, they could expect fantastic pass, when Kule had the ball.

14. About speed and heading stats. Now, I would suggest taking of 1 point from these stats: Top Speed, Acceleration, Agility and taking 2 points from these stats: Heading, Jump. The thing is he wasn't a fast player, nor he had at least average heading ability. Most of the people I talked with said that he almost never used his head or jump and when he used it he wasn't always successful. In videos I have, those stories are pretty much confirmed. So, suggestions are - TS: 77, ACC: 78, Agility: 79, Header: 71, Jump: 72.

15. Condition: 7... I would propose giving him 8 in this area. He was a member of Red Star during 1965-1976 period and he played 519 games in that period (that's 10 seasons, because he was in the army during one season). Also, I've already stated that he was one of the most consistent players in Yugoslavian football during the '70s.

16. WFA: 6, WFF: 5. I've explained this earlier. ;)

17. Special Abilities - With the current ones, I would add *Outside, *Covering and maybe *D-Line Control. As I already mentioned earlier, he always dropped into defense, when his team was defending, organized them and cover the gaps he saw. Now I'm not 100% sure can D-Line be given to a midfielder, but I'm completely sure that he should be given both of those Special Abilities, if it's possible.

For the end one video, from his later years, in FC Saarbrücken (after this season he slowly started to lost his speed abilities, due to a few injuries, when he was in FC Saarbrücken):

00:25 - Taking a corner and assisting on the first post.

1:22 - Gets the ball, moves with it and assists for goal.

2:40 - Scoring a goal with his left foot.

3:22 - Assisting with wonderful long pass.

3:58 - First pressuring Bayern's defender (with his teammate), getting the ball and then assisting for a goal.

Acimovic was a bit underrated player, especially with the crowd. He wasn't a player who would do too many tricks on the field. He had specific view of the game, always trying to find best solutions for the team (sort of a coach on the field, one could say).
Il Codino

Re: Jovan ACIMOVIC | 1970-1976

Postby Il Codino » 2009 Oct 29, 14:41

Thanks for the info and the suggestions Nightcaller :D :D :D

Updated :mrgreen:
Rubedo

Postby Rubedo » 2009 Oct 29, 15:23

No way in bloody hell he had more stamina than Oblak. :o

I've just told that idea to my father who saw far more games of them than me and his answer was simply: '' :lol: ''

If Aćimović has 94 then Oblak should have 120. :lol:

Same thing with Defence.

I see that You Il Codino live in Argentina but it's possible that You are Serb/Croat/Slovenian/Bosnian/Macedonian/Montenegrin. If You are, just ask Your father if any Yugoslav player from the 70s had more energy than Oblak.

I suggest the same thing to You NightCaller3.
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." - George Carlin
Plava Čigra

Postby Plava Čigra » 2009 Oct 29, 15:51

I didn't see too much games with Oblak in it, but I've got an impression that Acimovic deserves such high value, both in Defence and Stamina (maybe 94 for Stamina). Memories could be deceptive (especially if you try to remember something that happened 35 or more years ago). For example, some people told me that Galic wasn't much of a passer, but if you check the old videos you can see that he had pretty decent passing ability, and he used it more often then any of them claimed (it was the same thing with Milos Milutinovic). People have tendency to glorify some of the players abilities and forget other good things about them (for example, Kostic was pretty complete player, but there are many older people today, that will try to convince you that the only thing he was good at are his shooting skills). It's just a question will you trust your eyes (when you can actually find videos), or will you trust the stories... I like to watch videos first, and base on that give values and after that I read/listen to stories and try to reevaluate the stats done based on the videos. Off course, for most of the players before '60s you can't find too many videos, but you have to rely on stories and try not to overrate the player you are making.
Il Codino

Postby Il Codino » 2009 Oct 29, 16:20

I'm Argentinian :mrgreen:

I got the information of spanish newspapers of 70's, and they said:

Acimovic: Strong and elegant.
Oblak: Tireless.
Surjak: The fastest player of all yugoslavia.

Also I get information from "google" and suggestions from people who know about this players like you two :D

I propose: Oblak deserves more stamina than Acimovic, maybe red values and Kule deserves low orange values.

what do you think?
Rubedo

Postby Rubedo » 2009 Oct 29, 23:49

Haha, my father isn't a 90 years old senile bat or something. :mrgreen:

I told You to ask Your father because this is some basic stuff, not the question if he scored some goal using his left or right foot. And these are the 70s, age that both Your and my father should remember well, and not the 40s or the 50s. Plus, these are some of the most important players of our national team from that period.

I've seen with my own eyes a decent number of games from the 70s, like the World Cup games, and I can assure You that there is no way that anyone in Yugoslav team ran more than Oblak, or had more energy than him. Even while we were leading 9 - 0 against Zaire.
Last edited by Rubedo on 2009 Oct 30, 00:24, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." - George Carlin
Plava Čigra

Postby Plava Čigra » 2009 Oct 30, 00:07

First of all, I didn't say that anybody was senile, I've just pointed that many people (including our fathers) tend to forget some things or just glorify greatest abilities for some players.

As I said I didn't saw too much of Oblak's games (in fact I saw just a few short clips from 1 or 2 games), but I did saw Acimovic's games both for national team and for Red Star. It seemed to me he deserves 94 for Stamina. Maybe I would think different if I saw Oblak's full games... I still think that Acimovic deserves at least 89-90 for Stamina and 60 for Defence, but if the things are like you said, then maybe Oblak deserves 95 for Stamina (it's not just a 5-6 point difference, it's more because he would be in red area).

Do you have any suggestion for updating these two players stats?
Rubedo

Postby Rubedo » 2009 Oct 30, 00:20

I never really saw him moving that much, to be honest. :?

I mean, it was the 70s, the age of Total Football, when it was sort of a trend for a player to be very versatile and move a lot, so yeah, he did his fair share of running, but I always considered Šurjak and especially Oblak to be superior to Aćimović when it comes to that aspect.

I don't know really. Maybe 89 for Aćimović, 92 for Šurjak, and 95 for Oblak? :?
Il Codino

Postby Il Codino » 2009 Oct 30, 00:53

Rubedo wrote:I don't know really. Maybe 89 for Aćimović, 92 for Šurjak, and 95 for Oblak? :?

I agree with that ;)
Plava Čigra

Postby Plava Čigra » 2009 Oct 30, 01:01

Ok, those values look good for these players.

So for Acimovic:

Stamina: 89 (6 points under Oblak),
Defence: 60 (4 points under Oblak)?
Il Codino

Postby Il Codino » 2009 Nov 07, 18:30

Updated ;)
Plava Čigra

Postby Plava Čigra » 2009 Dec 02, 07:02

I forgot to mention his Agility. He wasn't very quick, when running, but he was very agile. I would suggest 85.
Plava Čigra

Postby Plava Čigra » 2009 Dec 29, 21:29

Il Codino, I've updated Acimovic with new Cards, added Era in to your post and sort out a bit your post. I didn't change Abilities (except Agility, which I recommended more then 3 weeks ago) or Special Abilities.

I hope you don't mind. :)

P.S. I've done this only because I know this player and since I'm adding new Cards to all Yugoslavia All Stars members.
VUKDS

Re: Jovan AĆIMOVIĆ | 1970-1976

Postby VUKDS » 2012 Mar 08, 19:07

I watched one Yugoslavian match from World Championship 1974 against Germany,year when Yugoslavian national team haven't make good results because of some problems between players and people from Yugoslavian football association.
Anyway,Kule Acimovic was great in that match,he cuted a lot of German actions,he was exelent in defence.
His positioning and tackling was very better than current stat,for 65 +.
And maybe higher Mentality,too but I'm not sure for that.

Return to “70's”