Moderators: bitz, stavrello7, Houy, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Dmytro Chygrynskiy

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 10, 21:49

OLD DESCRIPTION:
Spoiler: show
For the past decade, Ukraine has become familiar to football lovers around the world as a supplier of attacking players such as Andriy Shevchenko, Sergei Rebrov. But Ukraine doesn't boast only talented attackers. A young center back by the name of Dmytro Chyhrynskyi is fast emerging as one of the brightest stars and will surely eventually ply his trade for one of Europe's finest clubs.

Chyhrynskyi, 22, is a leading figure at Shakhtar Donetsk and for the national side. The 6.2ft tall defender is extremely talented in defence and is also a threat in attacking situations. He is already the vice-captain of his team as he boasts high natural leadership qualities. Recently he was linked with possible moves to Liverpool, Newcastle and several Spanish sides - he definitely has the ability to be a leading player in any top class team in the world.

This central defender grew up in western Ukraine, and played as a child for Karpaty Lviv, in an area where people speak Ukrainian and live a very European style. At the age of almost 15 he moved to Donetsk, a much more former Soviet Union style region, where everybody speaks Russian. But he managed to adapt to the different lifestyle, without any family or relatives nearby. He played his first league match in 2004 and after a successful loan spell with Metalurh Zaporizhzhya, returned to Shakhtar.

He earned a place in Shakhtar's starting lineup during the 2005/2006 season, and never looked back. Chyhrynskyi became the vice captain of the team, had a great season last year and he won the double with the team, scoring several goals.

Meanwhile, he became extremely important for the Ukrainian national team after impressing with the Under-21 team who finished as runners-up in the 2006 European Championships. During this tournament he played despite a thigh injury, which eventually prevented him from playing in the 2006 World Cup in Germany. This season he has continued to impress, as Chyhrynskyi has showed in the Champions League that he is a central defender of the highest caliber.

In terms of qualities, Chyhrynskyi is very good in positional and aerial play, anticipation, and fighting for the ball. He is very strong and has absolutely fantastic aerial ability, both in defence and attack. He has a very accurate long pass and a powerful shot. Previously, he had a deal with ex-team mate Anatoliy Tymoschuk who was responsible for long range free-kicks at Shakhtar. So, if Tymoschuk, with his very powerful shot, considered the distance too long then Chygrynskyi had the right to try for goal. Now he is not used as a free kick taker as this responsibility has passed to some of the Brazilians in the team.

Due to his tender years, Chyhrynskyi still has a little way to go to become a complete defender. He is not so good at winning the ball from opponents with fine technique. This is not a big problem since this is a result of weak oppositions in the Ukrainian Premier League where the majority of strikers are not highly technically skilled. He could improve this aspect of his game by regularly training and playing against top quality players. He is also not especially fast, but his great anticipation covers this.

As a clever and intelligent person, Chyhrynskiy's coolness on the pitch has earned him the nickname "The Ukrainian Beckenbauer." It is worth mentioning that Chyhrynskyi is by no means a second Franz Beckenbauer in terms of level and potential impact on the history of the game, but he is still one of the finest prospects Eastern Europe has to offer.

It is only a matter of time before a major club signs the central defender. Chyhrynskyi's contract expires on June 2013, But I highly doubt he'll stay there for the duration of it.

Last edited by Markulur on 2009 Sep 23, 12:24, edited 3 times in total.
Paddy
PSD Guru

Re: Dmytro CHYHRYNSKIY

Postby Paddy » 2009 Aug 28, 23:46

[first post]
PMC
PSD Guru

Postby PMC » 2009 Aug 28, 23:48

these stats were approved by me as well btw.
I'm against you
Markulur
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Markulur » 2009 Aug 29, 09:55

I will wait some days, but I think that PMC and Paddy's opinion is enough to update first post.
Editing La Liga...
BigStu
PSD Guru

Postby BigStu » 2009 Aug 29, 10:28

saw a bit of him in the uefa cup and for the NT and this new set seems perfect
RB7
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby RB7 » 2009 Aug 30, 13:38

It's a good set aside from LPA which is better than 75 so, your stats on the first post with 78 LPA ;)
SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
as_10
PSD Elite

Postby as_10 » 2009 Aug 30, 15:27

His date of birth isn't 11/7/1986 but 7/11/1986, so he's still 22. :lol:

BTW, Wiki says he's number 23 in Barcelona, dunno if it's already official. :?
I want my son Brooklyn to be christianized, but I still don't know in which religion - David Beckham
BigStu
PSD Guru

Postby BigStu » 2009 Aug 30, 15:50

as_10 wrote:His date of birth isn't 11/7/1986 but 7/11/1986, so he's still 22. :lol:

BTW, Wiki says he's number 23 in Barcelona, dunno if it's already official. :?

WIKI at least in my expirience is generly right, if its wrong its normaly obvious liek on the chelsea squad last month someone had added Aguero but had done a really bad job of it so it was clear it was a fake transfer
Yowza
New Stat Maker

Postby Yowza » 2009 Aug 30, 21:36

I've read that Pep said, he bought him because of his constructive skills, like he is the type of centre-back as Rafa Márquez. But with this stats his playmaking/passing ability is only a little bit higher than Puyol's. :( :?:
Markulur

Postby Markulur » 2009 Aug 30, 21:39

Yowza wrote:I've read that Pep said, he bought him because of his constructive skills, like he is the type of centre-back as Rafa Márquez. But with this stats his playmaking/passing ability is only a little bit higher than Puyol's. :( :?:

He is young and have to learn a lot. Take a look at Piqué's stats too, on the same situation. Puyol is only on par with him on short passes. On long passes, Piqué and him are far better from Puyol. Take a look at the high number of long passes from the defence to the strikers always.
Editing La Liga...
Fides

Postby Fides » 2009 Sep 02, 12:04

How often does he play on LB (and RB)? Currently he has the SB and the both sides, so now the AI picks him as LB quite often.
as_10
PSD Elite

Postby as_10 » 2009 Sep 02, 12:16

Again, his date/age is wrong. Source
I want my son Brooklyn to be christianized, but I still don't know in which religion - David Beckham
Hayabusa85
PSD Youth League

Postby Hayabusa85 » 2009 Sep 02, 13:09

Does he really need SB? Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't he an out and out CB? But has ocassionally (like Pique for example) filled in at SB once or twice?
kendees
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby kendees » 2009 Sep 02, 13:16

His name is Dmytro Chygrynskiy, not Chyhrynskiy, isn't it?
I know that i don't know anything.
Fides

Postby Fides » 2009 Sep 02, 13:25

His name is Чигринський and I dont think we should worry to much about the transliteration from the Cyrillic to Latin alfabet. English: Chygrynskiy
Spanish: Chigrinski
French: Chyhrynskyi
German: Tschyhrynskyj
Italian: Čyhryns'kyj
Portugues: Chyhrynskyi
eroadnero
New Stat Maker

Postby eroadnero » 2009 Sep 02, 14:24

Fides wrote:His name is Чигринський and I dont think we should worry to much about the transliteration from the Cyrillic to Latin alfabet. English: Chygrynskiy
Spanish: Chigrinski
French: Chyhrynskyi
German: Tschyhrynskyj
Italian: Čyhryns'kyj
Portugues: Chyhrynskyi

Polish: Czyhrynski :)
PMC
PSD Guru

Postby PMC » 2009 Sep 02, 14:24

Hayabusa85 wrote:Does he really need SB? Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't he an out and out CB? But has ocassionally (like Pique for example) filled in at SB once or twice?

I think he can play CB and DM... SB possibly too but im not sure
I'm against you
M1ndL3ss
Former Lurker

Postby M1ndL3ss » 2009 Sep 04, 16:47

I don't remember Chigra playing as SB, but he played DM when he was on loan in Metallurg Zaporozhe.

BTW his nickname is "Jesus Christ" because of his appearance :D
non1ck
New Contributor

Postby non1ck » 2009 Sep 05, 09:31

WTF? Who edit this?
Balance: 87 was optional for him. Why you have lowered it?
Position: SB??? Have he played SB EVER??? He is not Puyol, he always played CB...
Arnau
New Contributor

Postby Arnau » 2009 Sep 06, 03:40

kaka belong to this lad.
PMC
PSD Guru

Postby PMC » 2009 Sep 06, 04:08

non1ck wrote:WTF? Who edit this?
Balance: 87 was optional for him. Why you have lowered it?
Position: SB??? Have he played SB EVER??? He is not Puyol, he always played CB...

Because he doesn't deserve to be that high. I've seen him quite some times and he's not that strong yet
I'm against you

Return to “AEK Athens”