Career: transfermarkt

bitz

Re: Andreas Bouchalakis

Postby bitz » 2015 Jul 21, 20:55

Good run at 0:46
Houy

Postby Houy » 2017 Apr 09, 17:59

Why is he given the armband ?why is he even still in the team,he's been either injured or terrible for years now..
Houy

Postby Houy » 2017 Aug 13, 09:31

Two fantastic goals on his debut :)

Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show
Houy

Postby Houy » 2018 Aug 31, 12:09

He has been the one anchoring lower while Camara's moving all over the midfield. His touches are quite smooth and his short passing is ok, doesn't seem to use speed on the ball atm and plays simple. Looks fitter than he did in the past.

some changes i have in mind : BB 81 Sta 77 DS 68 SPA 76 tech 80 Agg 69 Tw 72
Houy

Postby Houy » 2018 Nov 05, 11:46

He had a good game providing cover against Aris and run the most i have seen him. He looked like a viable pivot, rather than just a good foil to Camara .
Houy

Postby Houy » 2019 May 19, 12:30

that great goal against Atromitos

This season Martins showed a preference for technical players with a more specific role on the pitch over a great work-rate where those two options were available. Perhaps seeing it as a way to minimize risk at these positions and increase efficiency through their more limited function. We saw this in his insistence with Koutris over Tsimikas , Hassan over Guerrero and also Bouchalakis taking the mantle of cerebral DM Guilherme's partner for a good number of games in the second half of the season over a wonderful Kamara .

I can't say i agreed with the other two choices most of the time but i think Bouchalakis performed very well these past few months and was even a standout at a few games. Though Olympiakos was expected to dominate possession in most of these games so starting a creative midfielder made sense, these performances were the result of the gradual improvement he's made since the beginning of the season. He wasn't just a more suited attacking CM, his Stamina is a lot better, his supportive game improved, his concentration is very good where in his last stint with the club he was lazy as hell. Even his passing has improved in range. He is not a good defender still but he plays this new DM/CM hybrid role very well positionally, so he generally doesn't leave holes to be exploited by the opposition.

Leaving Kamara out, the team will always lose immensely in coverage and quickness in transition. That Bouchalakis counteracted that loss to some extend with how limited he is in many aspects is impressive. I believe he's become a reliable player to rotate either Camara or Guilherme and with something of his own to give. If the team buys a midfielder in the summer i think it should be a responsive player that covers ground, also with a strong physical game as that is another thing missing when Kamara isn't on.

Return to “Olympiacos FC”