Vinícius Júnior

Moderators: furymaker, Eternal Night, Korinov, Kronosh, Fixer, brazilianpesfan, Mod's

PES Stats Database

Vinícius Júnior

Postby PES Stats Database » 2017 Jul 23, 17:19

Full Name: Vinicius José Paixão de Oliveira Júnior

Jean_PS

Re: Vinícius Júnior

Postby Jean_PS » 2017 Jul 23, 18:28

Its main feature for creating offensive moves is its explosion and associated speed. Much of its offensive potential comes from this speed and from its air passes (more specifically, the crossings).
About this, the air passes are better than the land passes. But, although he does play good game openings here and there, he also misses many passes for daring moves in inadequate spaces. Another problem is the speed of the passes that is very slow and, in a way, can facilitate interceptions.

For this set, I analyzed as a matter of priority what he did in matches by the professional. For this reason, some people may find that he is underestimated in shoting skills and even passing. But, honestly, he has not shown anything beyond that so far in games by Brasileirão.
Many of the expectations that people create come from his hiring for Real Madrid. He's good, as I said, but maybe people are getting too high.

Below I will leave video material of some of the twelve matches that he has accomplished so far:

Spoiler: show

Korinov

Postby Korinov » 2018 Mar 08, 12:24

I watched some compilations of him, was curious about how good he actually is and wanted to see if the hype was at least mildly justified.

Well Vinnicius (see what I did there, hehehe) does have potential. Nowadays he looks like a rough diamond with some interesting (yet unpolished) skills and a lot of underdeveloped things that will need years of polishing if he truly wants to shine at the highest level.

The set is overall fine, good job. Just a few notes I'd like to share:

Considering his already decent technical skills and his speed, and the dismal opposition he sometimes faces (those defenders, seriously, ugh) he struggles a lot to create end product, and to turn his attacking runs into clear goal chances. I believe this is already well represented in the low attack value, but honestly I think it could go even lower, around the 65 mark. Even if it's just to reinforce how much he has to improve in terms of decision making.

He looked decently strong to me, though? Not a bulldozer but he has enough body strenght to withstand pressure to a degree. Nothing crazy but I would see no issue into low greens BB.

His Acc is pretty brutal, potentially higher than this, 89 is not a bad value though, probably fine for the moment.

His DS however, I struggle to see him showing it to such a degree. His dribbling is mostly trickery, making use of a few tricks he's really mastered and then his great acc. Don't know him enough to judge, but I've barely seen runs on the ball where he maintains a constant, high speed. Won't comment on it further as I lack enough knowledge here.

In terms of passing he's quite promising, although very unpolished at the moment, so nothing to say regarding his stats.

Lastly, I understand why Speed Merchant was given, because there are a few moments where he shows quite crazy agility, while most of the time he's well rated at mid yellows. But that card is so overpowered, there's a good reason we've pretty much banned it from the database.
Image Korinov la Komadreja
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
amine wrote:Spanish vodoo is real. That’s my takeaway from this. When my gran children ask me about it, i’ll tell them about the era of xosé the great
Vickingo

Postby Vickingo » 2018 Mar 08, 12:38

Pretty much agree with everything you said @Korinov.

I thought I commented about him but it seems I forgot. I had the possibility of being in the stadium in the final vs my team. The hype around this guy was just insane in my eyes...then we realized he was sub, we all say wtf? These were the two more important matches he participated so far? And he didn't play. When press said he's worth like 50 million I couldn't believe it, specially considering you expect him being like the star of the team. I wasn't impressed at all with him, if you go to the comments in the second video I leave in here, all say Barco is x10 more than him, and eventhough they're not the same kind of players, that's very true, at least so far.

You've got a point about his turns and his agility, probably the aspects of his game I do like the most. But he should work a lot at his decision making and mainly at his movements to be prolific at a higher level.

Korinov

Postby Korinov » 2018 Mar 08, 14:40

Thanks for these, hadn't seen them. Refreshed my mind regarding something I had forgot to say, how one-footed he is (when forced to, he will resort to his left foot if there's no other way out, but with almost laughable results lol).

And yeah he's quite strong. 76 at least IMO.

Edit: also worth mentioning, he's at least willing to release the ball and try a through pass/cross when he sees a good chance for it. It usually leads to nowhere because, specially regarding ground passes, his skill is far from being good enough to pull it through, but the fact that he's trying is important, and if he puts effort and training into it, it can propel his game to an entire new dimension.
Image Korinov la Komadreja
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
amine wrote:Spanish vodoo is real. That’s my takeaway from this. When my gran children ask me about it, i’ll tell them about the era of xosé the great

Return to “Real Madrid CF”