Gum

Moderators: Jean_PS, toaad, tamaguchi_japa, Mod's

PES Stats Database

Gum

Postby PES Stats Database » 2009 Jul 11, 20:30

Name: Wellington Pereira Rodrigues "Gum"

Last edited by rafzin on 2010 May 10, 16:28, edited 1 time in total.
Dimon

Re: GUM

Postby Dimon » 2012 Sep 25, 23:03

This set is very old. And makes Gum one of the best CB's of brazilian league, what isn't real, to be honest. So, some suggestions:

DEF 79. I don't see him on 80s. He is good in positioning, but isn't strong tackler.
BAL 85-86. He is very big, it's hard to win battle with him, but BAL 87 makes him to do some really strong tackles, like Dede or Rever, and in reality he is a bit soft in tackling (and not only in tackling - generally).
STA 78-79. Never looks tired, but never moves a lot, so I doubt if he needs 80. In 2013 I test him with 79 and even with this number he never tires in 90 min (on blue and more high arrows).
RES? 76-78. Very dangerous from corners and free kicks in attack, but sometimes reacts really slow in defense. Personally, I put him 76 and it's seems nothing wrong in the game.
FKA 58-60 only don't know why he needs more.
Curl 60 never showed nothing more then this in terms of curl, his shots an long passes a very direct.
MEN 75. Gum can be a warrior, but in most of the matches he is a bit soft, as I said before. It's a lacks of attitude. First time I tested him with 77, but find that his attitude is more than his real average. So, I put him 75, find nothing wrong with this: number can be even a bit less, but I doesn't think that it's necessary.
TW also overrated. He isn't so well in movements with other defenders, also isn't move so much to open for receive the pass. 74 or 75 will be OK.
Anders

Postby Anders » 2012 Oct 05, 03:59

I agree with STA, RES, FKA and CURL.
I think that a yellow on DEF is extremely important to his game, he is pure position, maybe 81 is too much but he deserve to stay at yellow.
IMO he is very strong, he just don't play that aggressive like Dede does, and honestly I see both Dede and Rever being outmuscled more than him.
About RES I wanted to discuss a bit more, so we can get on a precise value, IMO is not that he react slow, is that he is slow, but as he play relaxed he truly deserve a lower value, he rarely attempts to anticipate.
What you think that mentality does? Because I can't how you saw a difference in game between 77 and 75. Especially on an attitude term.
IMO TW 78 at minimal, he has a good coordination with the other players, you don't see him being in the wrong place in the defensive line or getting out too late when doing the offside tactic, with this low value he will be like Lucio and only do what the fuck he wants, instead of playing as one in the defensive line. He is not worst than D. Luiz on TW.

BTW sorry for the reply delay.
Dimon

Postby Dimon » 2012 Oct 05, 22:56

Anders wrote:I think that a yellow on DEF is extremely important to his game, he is pure position, maybe 81 is too much but he deserve to stay at yellow.

Agree, DEF 80 will be optimal, also agree on your point about TW.

Anders wrote:About RES I wanted to discuss a bit more, so we can get on a precise value, IMO is not that he react slow, is that he is slow, but as he play relaxed he truly deserve a lower value, he rarely attempts to anticipate.

I play with 76, seems fair to replicate his style. Maybe 75, but this is a small difference.

Anders wrote:What you think that mentality does? Because I can't how you saw a difference in game between 77 and 75. Especially on an attitude term.

I was surprised myself, but it really makes difference! With more mentality, player does on challenge with opposite player harder effort to tackle the ball, even some illegal things (but mostly on the edge of what rules permit him). And this isn't Gum. With less mentality defender plays more softer, leaves to opposition player more air when he on challenge with him, doesn't press him too much. Maybe here is the secret why konami gives to some really strong (in terms of BAL) defenders mentality like 70+/-3. It makes them to use their bodies and almost nothing more (except, for sure, speed skills and def ability).

Same thing about offensive players. With more MENT they put more effort to keep the ball when defenders trying to pull them off. With less - give up more easily. I think it's a fair explication of the famous konami definition "how well player does under pressure".

Anders wrote:BTW sorry for the reply delay.

Nothing wrong :)
Anders

Postby Anders » 2012 Oct 05, 23:50

We used to rate mentality almost like that, like if was a "raça" stats, but I don't think Mentality does that, or else Messi would have 99; And what makes the player get more often of position is pure RES. About the value that Konami gives, she gives it white value to nearly any player, it's a normal value. You need to be good or exceptional to deserve a better value.

BTW I took a look in my OF and I have him with TS 74 and ACC 72, honest can't see Gum needing higher.
Dimon

Postby Dimon » 2012 Oct 06, 09:15

Yes, "raça", exactly! Maybe I wasn't precise in words because of English, but Messi doesn't need a lot of mentality, because of his skills and explosiveness. Only with them he can protect the ball perfectly and he doesn't show a lot of power of will, so he doesn't need high ment. I think we understand well what we wanted to tell to each other)

So, I don't know why Gum need more than 75 in Ment. If you do, lets discuss.

Agree with you about TS and ACC, he is quite slow.
Anders

Postby Anders » 2012 Oct 07, 22:42

Update the last discussed stats, only didn’t update Mentality. I think Gum end being a bit under with those stats, but still will look like him.
I complete disagree about your Messi opinion, he is always brutally tackled and fooled, but he simply don't stop. Anyway here is not to place to discuss what mentality does:
Using PSD definition:
Mentality is how well a player deals with adverse situations. Mentality also effects Stamina. Players with high Mentality will not be as effected by depleted levels of Stamina.

But going for the only confirmed thing that mentality does, is that the players maintain their performance when are tired and Gum is pretty good in that and second the players that Konami give highest mentality are all team leaders and Gum is kind of silent warrior and has a good leadership, better than L. Euzebio. You have L. Euzebio with 80 the same value as I have, so as Gum is better than him the value that assigned to Gum is fine.
Dimon

Postby Dimon » 2012 Oct 07, 23:06

Maybe it's correct, because I found that with my proposed number he drops his performance in the end of the games and the last 20 minutes is a time when I receive almost 50% (or even more) of goals what I receive from opposition - especially because Gum not participate in "jogadas" like before. And it isn't real also. So, to leave current number isn't bad idea at all.
Dimon

Re: Gum

Postby Dimon » 2013 Feb 23, 13:39

Testing in game, I came to conclusion that 80 is enough in MEN for him, he shouldn't be over L. Euzebio.

Return to “Fluminense Futebol Clube”