Pedro Geromel

Moderators: Viyut, Jean_PS, tamaguchi_japa, toaad, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Pedro Geromel

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 20:47

Last edited by Kruger13 on 2012 Apr 13, 15:14, edited 9 times in total.
MaestroPifador
New Contributor

Re: Pedro Geromel

Postby MaestroPifador » 2018 Apr 23, 03:38

Great match today vs Altetico. He's a monster. Insane level. Deserves to be called to the WC.

Such a clean tackle:

https://media.giphy.com/media/1yjLwuqr5 ... /giphy.gif
https://youtu.be/-ATa_BHi45w?t=214

Great LPA. He does it all the time. I think that he crosses better than most of the SB's :lol:

https://youtu.be/-ATa_BHi45w?t=244
reydecopas
Regular Poster

Postby reydecopas » 2018 May 15, 01:30

Isn't his BB higher than this? Haven't seen him much tho, but the times I watched him, seemed like a fucking rock plus his height.
Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Postby Vickingo » 2018 Oct 31, 20:33

Such a fucking beast, probably the best CB in America? He's a fucking wall, really great clearing defender. Don't ask for him too much aside get the danger away, but he's really really good at blocking balls in the air or grounded. His BB and DEF could get some serious increases.
thor34
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby thor34 » 2018 Nov 01, 01:06

And ment... 87 in def/bb/ment would be good numbers to represent his style, without doubt is impassible in the 1-1, as well as in the air, his jump is very good also, many times it looked like 85 or near that number
Señores yo soy del Gallinero
thor34
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby thor34 » 2018 Nov 14, 04:11

Update????
Señores yo soy del Gallinero
JeffVR98
Regular Poster

Postby JeffVR98 » 2018 Nov 14, 14:52

Tbh i feel that his DEF has been looking like a 86/87 for a while, since the last Libertadores he has been looking like a solid cb and imo he's in the top 3 cb in South America.
Jean_PS
Regular Poster

Postby Jean_PS » 2018 Nov 14, 15:25

Based on the suggestions mentioned and what I saw, I made this update.
Some points I still have doubts like the balance of Top Speed and Acceleration (maybe increase one and decrease the other?).
Anyway, if there are more suggestions, they are welcome.

If someone finds defense 88 in massive, feel free to comment.
Dribble_Mode
New Contributor

Postby Dribble_Mode » 2019 Sep 28, 03:55

I think today he is the defender who has the most sense of defensive positioning in the Americas. For a general analysis, he would easily dispute his defensive level with Marquinhos and Thiago Silva.

Maybe some things stand out in his teammates, but in defensive positioning he loses nothing to the best European-level quarterbacks.

Experience and age support my point of view, maybe your time as a Brazilian National Team has passed because of age, but that does not detract from your ability to act for the club.

Based on the global status, he loses to Thiago and Marquinhos in Top Speed and Response, this is reflected in real life. But I don't see him lose in positioning.

Maybe he's the only quarterback to deserve an orange value playing in South America. I wouldn't say that two years ago, but now, even if it's a crazy idea, I'd still support it, it really is a defensive wall.

I don't know if you would think me crazy to come up with this idea, but I really needed to explain a little bit about what I think about it.
Jean_PS
Regular Poster

Postby Jean_PS » 2019 Oct 02, 04:46

Dribble_Mode wrote:I think today he is the defender who has the most sense of defensive positioning in the Americas. For a general analysis, he would easily dispute his defensive level with Marquinhos and Thiago Silva.

Maybe some things stand out in his teammates, but in defensive positioning he loses nothing to the best European-level quarterbacks.

Experience and age support my point of view, maybe your time as a Brazilian National Team has passed because of age, but that does not detract from your ability to act for the club.

Based on the global status, he loses to Thiago and Marquinhos in Top Speed and Response, this is reflected in real life. But I don't see him lose in positioning.

Maybe he's the only quarterback to deserve an orange value playing in South America. I wouldn't say that two years ago, but now, even if it's a crazy idea, I'd still support it, it really is a defensive wall.

I don't know if you would think me crazy to come up with this idea, but I really needed to explain a little bit about what I think about it.

When I quoted 88 above, I was using a scale that was previously applied on the PSD, since then there have been changes by the forum in the way players outside the big four European leagues are analyzed.
Still, after much discussion, especially at Discord, with Toaad, Viyut, and Elivelton, we decided it was deserved even if Pedro Geromel was 86 and the leader in defense in the Brazilian League.
Some things to consider in this new analysis model is the global level of the challengers. Geromel faces Brazilian and other strikers from America, while Thiago Silva and Marquinhos face part of the Europeans in the French League and others really good in the UEFA Champions League. The level of challengers is higher, which requires better defensive tactics and understanding to act.
I agree with you that Pedro Geromel is the best defender in America, that is, and even I have put him as 88 before here.

This still remains a good topic, though. How great is his defensive ability indeed ?! Some time ago he played against Real Madrid in the FIFA Club World Cup final. Real Madrid that at the time had Cristiano Ronaldo, but it was a day that, according to some people, Grêmio looked different. But even at its current value, it is already the best in America.
Dribble_Mode
New Contributor

Postby Dribble_Mode » 2019 Oct 08, 02:43

Jean_PS wrote:
Dribble_Mode wrote:I think today he is the defender who has the most sense of defensive positioning in the Americas. For a general analysis, he would easily dispute his defensive level with Marquinhos and Thiago Silva.

When I quoted 88 above, I was using a scale that was previously applied on the PSD, since then there have been changes by the forum in the way players outside the big four European leagues are analyzed.
Still, after much discussion, especially at Discord, with Toaad, Viyut, and Elivelton, we decided it was deserved even if Pedro Geromel was 86 and the leader in defense in the Brazilian League.
Some things to consider in this new analysis model is the global level of the challengers. Geromel faces Brazilian and other strikers from America, while Thiago Silva and Marquinhos face part of the Europeans in the French League and others really good in the UEFA Champions League. The level of challengers is higher, which requires better defensive tactics and understanding to act.
I agree with you that Pedro Geromel is the best defender in America, that is, and even I have put him as 88 before here.

This still remains a good topic, though. How great is his defensive ability indeed ?! Some time ago he played against Real Madrid in the FIFA Club World Cup final. Real Madrid that at the time had Cristiano Ronaldo, but it was a day that, according to some people, Grêmio looked different. But even at its current value, it is already the best in America.

Taking this explanation into consideration makes more sense then. Thanks!

Return to “Grêmio Foot-Ball Porto Alegrense”