Gerard Moreno

Moderators: furymaker, Fixer, Eternal Night, Kronosh, brazilianpesfan, Korinov, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database

Gerard Moreno

Postby PES Stats Database » 2015 Jun 09, 19:25

Full Name: Gerard Moreno Balagueró

morenol80

Re: Gerard Moreno

Postby morenol80 » 2015 Aug 02, 12:35

His BC and DA are pretty good, he has a great flair with his left foot, doing great traps and nice dribbles. He needs higher values for sure.
Kronosh

Postby Kronosh » 2017 Nov 19, 17:45

He doesn't stand out in almost nothing but he is sooo intelligent... He understands the game perfectly and he always takes right decisions with and without the ball. I would go for 84 ATT but doing minor tweaks in BB, DA, TS and ACC. I don't see him that powerfull and fast.
VCF
morenol80

Postby morenol80 » 2017 Nov 20, 22:58

Kronosh wrote:He doesn't stand out in almost nothing but he is sooo intelligent... He understands the game perfectly and he always takes right decisions with and without the ball. I would go for 84 ATT but doing minor tweaks in BB, DA, TS and ACC. I don't see him that powerfull and fast.

Exactly, he is quite slow and not very powerful. But I feel his TEC is a bit better than this, he makes good traps of the ball and shows details of class. He has also a great vision of the game for a striker. For instance, vs Valencia, he played deeper than Sergio Garcia, who is in theory the SS and Gerard the CF. He is not a striker who waits in the box to score, he likes to get involved in the build up and does well.

He has a good finishing too, but he needs to play for a more offensive team than Quique's Espanyol to show his real danger and potential.
Kronosh

Postby Kronosh » 2017 Nov 28, 09:47

Spoiler: show
VCF
KeyserSoze

Postby KeyserSoze » 2017 Dec 18, 18:28

Doesn't he play often with one-twos?
Not that he cannot dribble at all, but he's fairly smart when it comes to lead the attack using the sudden movements of his teammates. Also still competent when attempting 1st touch shots, but only if he's comfortable enough to strike the ball with his left foot.
"Willy Wanda is Chinese!!!"
vinnie

Postby vinnie » 2018 Feb 28, 23:49

morenol80 wrote:
Kronosh wrote:He doesn't stand out in almost nothing but he is sooo intelligent... He understands the game perfectly and he always takes right decisions with and without the ball. I would go for 84 ATT but doing minor tweaks in BB, DA, TS and ACC. I don't see him that powerfull and fast.

Exactly, he is quite slow and not very powerful. But I feel his TEC is a bit better than this, he makes good traps of the ball and shows details of class.

https://streamable.com/x8bzm

unbelievable technique there, it's staggering control.

KeyserSoze wrote:Doesn't he play often with one-twos?
Not that he cannot dribble at all, but he's fairly smart when it comes to lead the attack using the sudden movements of his teammates. Also still competent when attempting 1st touch shots, but only if he's comfortable enough to strike the ball with his left foot.

https://streamja.com/QlV

really nice half volley too. i think i recall very positive impressions i had of him a bit like these examples when is saw the espanyol barca games.
If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
KeyserSoze

Postby KeyserSoze » 2018 Mar 14, 21:46

His ST is surely yellow material, sorta mid 80s. Also 1st touch star/card is also a must for him. He's also competent using his right, even when he's usually reluctant to use it. WFA/WFF is more like a 5/3.
"Willy Wanda is Chinese!!!"
Ocrin

Postby Ocrin » 2018 Mar 16, 15:38

He's showing absolutely splendid technique in these highlights, they're making that 82 tech look very harsh. How consistent is he with these?
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
vinnie

Postby vinnie » 2018 Mar 17, 02:20

Ocrin wrote:He's showing absolutely splendid technique in these highlights, they're making that 82 tech look very harsh. How consistent is he with these?

i'm not sure, and so i've been trying to keep an eye on him. he seems just 'good' at everything other than ST or TEC, but he's had amazing displays in both of those talents. that control on that madrid goal is mindblowing, easily red level- but i'm trying to see if that was a fluke, or something he can do consistently. my hunch is that it wasn't a fluke.
If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
morenol80

Postby morenol80 » 2018 Apr 22, 15:27

This guy is doing an insane season! He has scored 14 goals for a squad that has made only 28. 50% of all the goals of his team, thats mindblowing. Everytime I watch him he shows a great composure on the ball, traps it at will, so he surely deserves a higher value than 82. What is also impressing is that he isnt just focused on scoring goals, he has also a great vision and gives magnificent assists to his teammates, but they mostly just dont take advantage of them. Other aspect that gives him even more credit is that he never stops working for the team, pressing the opposite defence, defending dead balls in his box and going deep to start plays when his teammates arent able to do it themselves.

His numbers would surely go up in an offensive squad. Espanyol is just very bad on the offensive end, and he is making little wonders to score. I think his ATT could go also up, he moves very well and knows how to find the holes in the defence.
Fixer

Postby Fixer » 2018 Apr 22, 17:02

I've updated him this morning btw :) I agree on vinnie's tech observation, but he's as impressive sometimes as focusless sometimes. He can perform impressive controls but he's also prone to let it bounce at times. I've also upgraded his DA a bit, kinda reminds me of the use Falcao had for his DA, nothing too amazing but surely capable of performing a couple of cuts before shooting, usually with a neat control put into them.
antony wrote:when a player joins Atletico, Fixer gives him a +10 boost in stamina (Simeone's garra)

furymaker

Postby furymaker » 2018 May 23, 22:49

he's been impressive this year, for some weird reason I've watched Espanyol more often that I ever thought I would, but Moreno impressed me every time I watched him play, I feel like maybe he should make the cut into the Spanish NT, obviously Aspas and Rodrigo were locked picks, Costa wasn't that impressive to be a lock over someone like Moreno, both are hard working goalscorers, Costa is physically more gifted and will fight way more with the defenders, but Moreno is such a hard worker, really solid all around, his passing game is also kinda underrated, I feel like he should end up in a bigger club this summer, hopefully wont make a terrible move like Lucas Perez did when he went to Arsenal.
Should probably stick with La Liga and join a side like Sevilla that lack scorers
furymaker

Postby furymaker » 2018 Jun 12, 20:25

Signed for Villarreal, great signing

Return to “Villarreal CF”