Gonçalo Guedes

Moderators: furymaker, Fixer, Eternal Night, Kronosh, Korinov, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Gonçalo Guedes

Postby PES Stats Database » 2015 Feb 24, 02:50

Full Name: Gonçalo Manuel Ganchinho Guedes

Last edited by Tellmo on 2015 Nov 22, 03:34, edited 6 times in total.
Tellmo
Veteran Stat Maker

Gonçalo Guedes

Postby Tellmo » 2015 Oct 03, 11:56

KEEP CALM and HURRAY BENFICA!
Luisao82
Veteran Stat Maker

Re: Gonçalo Guedes

Postby Luisao82 » 2015 Oct 04, 20:56

About time, mate. Nice work too. :)

I had some ideas in mind, but nothing solid enough to share yet. Not that it would change the current set much anyway.
Will try to watch him more closely in the next weeks.
Tellmo
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Tellmo » 2015 Oct 05, 20:40

Luisao82 wrote:About time, mate. Nice work too. :)

I had some ideas in mind, but nothing solid enough to share yet. Not that it would change the current set much anyway.
Will try to watch him more closely in the next weeks.

Please, share your ideas! :)
Apocalypse
New Stat Maker

Postby Apocalypse » 2015 Oct 06, 03:20

This player doesn't appears on main page if u look up for him.
PIPA23
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby PIPA23 » 2015 Nov 21, 02:39

I will create him in editor as well as Cristante ASAP.
Tellmo
Veteran Stat Maker

Gonçalo Guedes

Postby Tellmo » 2015 Dec 09, 17:44

Update:

He do not have enough quality even for an 82... he have difficulty in mastering the most difficult balls under pressure (although he has a good shot on the first touch).
He have a shot more powerful, similar to Salvio.

Ball Control: 79-80 (Same the Talisca, maybe less, 79)
Kicking Power: 82

DA is debatable, 80-82.
Luisao82
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Luisao82 » 2016 Sep 11, 12:32

Has showed improved decision making and overall attacking movements, so far.

But for now, I'd only suggest a small raise in TS. He always seemed a bit faster than 83.
85, perhaps. One point below Nelsinho.
JMVP
PSD Elite

Postby JMVP » 2016 Sep 11, 13:11

Luisao82 wrote:Has showed improved decision making and overall attacking movements, so far.

But for now, I'd only suggest a small raise in TS. He always seemed a bit faster than 83.
85, perhaps. One point below Nelsinho.

Maybe, but then a decrease in DS would be needed since he's not that fast with the ball.
Honestly i'm not a fan of him, i don't think he has the potential to become a starter for Benfica.
Luisao82
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Luisao82 » 2016 Sep 11, 14:34

I'm ok with a slight DS decrease.
JMVP
PSD Elite

Postby JMVP » 2016 Sep 13, 19:32

Fucking disgrace this guy is dumb as fuck! Take the ball home you idiot
Luisao82
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Luisao82 » 2016 Sep 14, 16:03

Aren't you being a little too harsh?
From what I can remember, he only lost like 1 or 2 balls due to holding it for too long. And those were the only "messing up" he did in the game, besides that clear cut chance he shot against the keeper.

Otherwise, I think he had a nice game. He was a constant handful for the defenders with his pace, quick touches and sudden turns. On 1-on-1's, he was very effective. He did help to create a few dangerous opportunities for the team... and he even tested the keeper with some nice shots, one of which from like 25 meters out.
JMVP
PSD Elite

Postby JMVP » 2016 Sep 17, 10:40

Luisao82 wrote:Aren't you being a little too harsh?
From what I can remember, he only lost like 1 or 2 balls due to holding it for too long. And those were the only "messing up" he did in the game, besides that clear cut chance he shot against the keeper.

Otherwise, I think he had a nice game. He was a constant handful for the defenders with his pace, quick touches and sudden turns. On 1-on-1's, he was very effective. He did help to create a few dangerous opportunities for the team... and he even tested the keeper with some nice shots, one of which from like 25 meters out.

I don't think i am, but it is just my opinion, like i said before i'm not his greatest fan, i never was. Along side the missed chance there was another blatant one when he was inside the box i think, over the left hand side, he should have shot and tried to cut inside for a better shooting position and lost the ball. A striker needs scoring instinct, he just doesn't have it. And effective on 1 on 1's? Can't remember one single time he was successful. Effective is when something good comes out of a dribble, not just dribble for the sake of it.

I think he did a good game when off the ball though, ran a lot, always putting pressure, he shown a very good attitude overall. But whenever that round thing landed on his feet he was clueless, just nailed his eyes on the grass and couldn't free the ball in time, even with team mates where overlapping him and getting into goal scoring positions. If you're playing first striker and you neither shoot because you're busy dribbling neither do you pass it to the supporting player behind you, what good a striker are you then? I'm not even bothered by that missed chance, shit like that happens but then again if he was a little sharper he would though faster and feint the keeper.
Luisao82
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Luisao82 » 2016 Sep 17, 14:22

JMVP wrote:i'm not his greatest fan

You don't say? :lol:

Anyway, I do agree with some of your latest remarks on him. And I still disagree with others.
He clearly lacks some intelligence and much goal instinct, not even debatable ~ But contrary to what you say, I don't think he's a striker (and he just doesn't have what it takes to be one). Neither was he played in that position. He was employed more like a SS and spent several minutes playing as a winger, cutting inside.

Otherwise, and if I recall correctly: in 3 or 4 occasions where he had to beat a defender he only failed once. That's a rate of success around 67%, so obviously he was effective. Though not taking the best decisions when he got into the best scoring opportunities, he did show some good dribbling and flair and that long shot was quite impressive.

I also agree that he was clueless at times, when in possession. He still holds on to the ball more than he should and some times he makes dumb passes.
But there were also times where he released the ball smartly, and like you said, his movement off-the-ball was good. He even created some good moves because of that, and it only failed because of a teammate error or because of a good ball recover from the opposition.

All in all, I'd rate him 6.5/10 in that game.
JMVP
PSD Elite

Postby JMVP » 2016 Sep 17, 15:36

Luisao82 wrote:But contrary to what you say, I don't think he's a striker (...) Neither was he played in that position. He was employed more like a SS and spent several minutes playing as a winger, cutting inside.

He's not a striker by nature. But he was played as one, he was clearly the team's front man. Playing on the wings is just a consequence of his natural play style, he's a winger, it's not strange he does winger-like movements even if he is being played in a different position. I mean just because Raul Jimenez drops on to the left flank and no one says he is a winger, he's still playing as a striker, same with Jonas ocasionally doing AMF role it's just natural play style..
But Rui Vitória was smart. If you have to sacrifice something, and Benfica had to compromise since we had no natural strikers available, sacrifice only the nº9 position. If he had chosen someone else to play forward, i.g. Salvio who has played when in need, the he would have sacrificed both the nº9 and right winger position, catch me?

Luisao82 wrote:Otherwise, and if I recall correctly: in 3 or 4 occasions where he had to beat a defender he only failed once. That's a rate of success around 67%, so obviously he was effective.

Sorry but you do not recall it correctly.

Luisao82 wrote: he did show some good dribbling and flair

Seriously?! Guedes showing flair? No even if you search those "goals & skills" compilations... It's a are sight to see him dribbling someone (and by dribbling i don't mean bulldozing or overlapping with speed) let alone showing flair.
Luisao82
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Luisao82 » 2016 Sep 17, 15:56

Being a team front man doesn't necessarily means you're employed as a striker ~ When Jimenez is the front man for Benfica, he does play as a mobile striker. But the same doesn't apply to Gonçalo, who plays as a roaming SS.

JMVP wrote:Sorry but you do not recall it correctly.

Don't know what to say, bro.
For me, being effective on 1-on-1's is about beating your marker, when you're in possession. Gonçalo did it few times in that game, using sudden movements, skills and speed to good effect in those occasions.

JMVP wrote: Seriously?! Guedes showing flair?

I like the FM definition of FLAIR: "A natural talent for the creative and occasional unpredictability."
And Gonçalo did make a few sudden moves and used some unpredictability vs Besiktas defenders.
Tellmo
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Tellmo » 2016 Oct 13, 02:51

Tellmo
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Tellmo » 2016 Oct 19, 19:42

Player Skills
Scissors Feint
Long Range Drive

COM Playing Styles
Incisive Run
Long Ranger
cantona86
PSD Youth League

Postby cantona86 » 2016 Nov 21, 23:56

I think this player deserves the card- Long Ranger or Long Range Drive, has 1 very strong shot and scores many long distance goals
JMVP
PSD Elite

Postby JMVP » 2016 Nov 29, 20:12

cantona86 wrote:I think this player deserves the card- Long Ranger or Long Range Drive, has 1 very strong shot and scores many long distance goals

Absolutely! I though he already had it.

Return to “Valencia CF”