Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 15:06

Full Name: Fernando Francisco Reges

VIDEOS:
Spoiler: show

RB7
Veteran Stat Maker

Re: FERNANDO

Postby RB7 » 2009 Jun 19, 12:53

He's no playmaker and those values are overrated. He only tries simple passing and is safe on them but nothing on those levels.
SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
RB7
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby RB7 » 2009 Oct 23, 13:26

I disagree on the speed stats, 81 still makes him quite fast, over the long distances he's nothing special.
But you're right about his teamwork he's always covering up for his teammates and has a great "team-sense" if we can call it that. So I'm cool about raising it up to 83 if TDM's ok with it.
SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
Prata
Regular Poster

Postby Prata » 2009 Oct 23, 14:18

RB7 wrote:I disagree on the speed stats, 81 still makes him quite fast, over the long distances he's nothing special.
But you're right about his teamwork he's always covering up for his teammates and has a great "team-sense" if we can call it that. So I'm cool about raising it up to 83 if TDM's ok with it.

He doesn't need more teamwork IMO, there are DMFs more relevants than Fernando in the league like Vandinho and are under 83. Afterall Fernando is not that type of player that follows the team or offers passing choices moves. He is classy blocker and has already great defensive skills. Afterall covering helps too with the ''team-sense''.
Doing a lot of stuff int the Portuguese League -transfers, updating players, updating squads,...
zmiguel91
New Contributor

Postby zmiguel91 » 2010 Apr 16, 18:54

Defence: 75 -> 80
Balance: 80 -> 85
Top Speed: 79 -> 82
Dribble Accuracy: 73 -> 70
Dribble Speed: 77 -> 75
Shot Power: 81 -> 78
Curving: 69 -> 65
Jump: 77 -> 80
Technique: 78 -> 75
Aggression: 66 -> 70
JMVP
PSD Elite

Postby JMVP » 2010 Sep 09, 15:20

zmiguel91 wrote:Defence: 75 -> 80
Balance: 80 -> 85
Top Speed: 79 -> 82
Dribble Accuracy: 73 -> 70
Dribble Speed: 77 -> 75
Shot Power: 81 -> 78
Curving: 69 -> 65
Jump: 77 -> 80
Technique: 78 -> 75
Aggression: 66 -> 70

Some ridiculous suggestions you've got there. I can agree with a raise in BB though, but not to 85, i think 82 would be fine.
JMVP
PSD Elite

Postby JMVP » 2010 Sep 27, 13:19

Enforcer should be switched with Anchor man, imo the last one suits him much better. Fernando dropps deep ahead of his own defence, and it's not uncommon to find him between the 2 center backs. With the new tactics he's not a such a combative chaser as before, as he is more integrated with the rest of the midfield and it even seems as if he's passing the ball better.
RB7
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby RB7 » 2010 Oct 17, 10:01

He's DEFINATELY better offensively, he's shooting a lot more, going up more often, Villas Boas doesn't want him to be an anchor man anymore, so he'll be one of the first in our update list people.
SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
JMVP
PSD Elite

Postby JMVP » 2010 Oct 17, 13:16

Yes he attacks a lot more now, but you'll still find him between the CB's very often. I've made some tweaks to last season set, including a much higher agression, but kept the anchor man card and he behaves just well. He joins attack but when the team is just switching passes he stands in the zone he occupies irl. Certainly not as much has Javi but Fernando is still a good example of how to play the center half position.
fredericocapela
Former Lurker

Postby fredericocapela » 2010 Dec 31, 01:47

Using this stats, his overall rating is 74, and it is something that I don't understand.

He is one of the world's best defensive midfielder and he is great defending, so good that here in Portugal he is known has ''The Octopus''.

I thing his stats should be improved to:
Defense: 82
Response: 86
Agility: 83
Short Pass Accuracy: 83
Short Pass Speed: 82
Aggression: 81

To convince you I leave here a video showing his defensive skills and other stuff:

Thanks, FredericoCapela
Xyder
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Xyder » 2011 May 18, 22:00

The UEFA matches I've seen from Porto, Fernando did always good games. I remember two years ago doing an amazing match against ManU in Old Trafford. I see fine the raise on attack, but seems a bit over fredericocapela's suggestions. He's good, but I'm not sure if he is so good at drawing the ball from the back; definetively he's better than first post (at least the games I've seen, but nothing special at all) but IMO you're going so far. DEF 82 is so high for any DMF, he's good, from what I heard, he improves offensively (ATT and AGG) but never seem a player who deserves AGG on 81. Today's game he was so close to the CMFs, offering always a help to draw the ball and recover the ball, not a player who needs Anchor Man card, so the enforcer card for sure will fit him better.
JMVP
PSD Elite

Postby JMVP » 2011 May 19, 11:21

Xyder wrote:The UEFA matches I've seen from Porto, Fernando did always good games. I remember two years ago doing an amazing match against ManU in Old Trafford. I see fine the raise on attack, but seems a bit over fredericocapela's suggestions. He's good, but I'm not sure if he is so good at drawing the ball from the back; definetively he's better than first post (at least the games I've seen, but nothing special at all) but IMO you're going so far. DEF 82 is so high for any DMF, he's good, from what I heard, he improves offensively (ATT and AGG) but never seem a player who deserves AGG on 81. Today's game he was so close to the CMFs, offering always a help to draw the ball and recover the ball, not a player who needs Anchor Man card, so the enforcer card for sure will fit him better.

He sucks at playmaking and passing in general, that's the reason why he isn't always used by Villas Boas, as his contribution to attack is close to none. The reason why you see him close to the CMFs is probably because Porto play a very high line, but if you rewatch that match and others you'll often find him between the CBs. Although the Enforcer card would also suit him for his endless chasing. See this was discussed at the beginning of the season, when Villas Boas arrived Fernando started to be less used because of his lack of participation in attack so we though about removing Anchor Man, but now we see the didn't changed much his style of playing. I think he is very similar to Paulo Assunção, maybe not so good in positioning.
I know he has a shitty overall rating but who cares, DMFs usually do unless they are great passers. Right now he has two important stars, 75 for defence and good speed and BB. He could be raised in response by one point though (done).
JMVP
PSD Elite

Postby JMVP » 2011 May 19, 13:19

da_ni wrote:But i think he's faster than this... Also his passing, specially SPA could be decreassed... many CB have better passes than him... Also, PES should create a item "Stupidity"!!! That mistake he made yesterday, loosing the ball in his own midfield was nearly unfurgivable... Luckilly Mossoró shot against Helton (which by the way could also have a nice value in that iten i might add!!!) :)

Maybe you're right. He is fast, no doubt, and sucks at passing. But if i decrease his passing i feel like i'm going to have everyone else against me :lol:
Btw glad you mentioned that ball loss.

@Xyder: If you can watch the play da_ni is referring to (it's Braga only chance), notice how deep Fernando is.
Xyder

Postby Xyder » 2011 May 19, 14:51

JMVP wrote:@Xyder: If you can watch the play da_ni is referring to (it's Braga only chance), notice how deep Fernando is.

Well, I hear it, but I can't see it, 'cause the first minutes of the second leg 'cause I was on the phone, I'll try to view this play again.
JMVP
PSD Elite

Postby JMVP » 2011 May 19, 14:57

What second leg? Don't you mean second half?
Xyder

Postby Xyder » 2011 May 19, 22:56

JMVP wrote:What second leg? Don't you mean second half?

Yeah :oops:

I can't remember what I'm thinkin' on...
Tellmo
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Tellmo » 2013 Aug 07, 10:47

KEEP CALM and HURRAY BENFICA!

Return to “Sevilla FC”