Raphaël Varane


Moderators: furymaker, Fixer, Eternal Night, Kronosh, Korinov, Mod's

Forum rules
User avatar
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone
Posts: 20725
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 12:06
Been thanked: 581 times

Raphaël Varane

Postby PES Stats Database » 2011 Jun 28, 21:33

Image


Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Aug 31, 05:03, edited 2 times in total.
čale
PSD Loyalty Program Member
Posts: 4644
Joined: 2010 Jun 13, 12:20
Location: The Mango Tree
Has thanked: 266 times
Been thanked: 116 times

Re: Raphaël Varane

Postby čale » 2013 Aug 20, 22:56

god dammit you're persistent :lol:
Fixer wrote:No wonder there's a 'penetration' stat, all of them players look like rapists

MocaBG wrote:Because you are a nerd and have no life.
ezio45
Former Lurker
Posts: 3
Joined: 2013 Oct 13, 22:19

Re: Raphaël Varane

Postby ezio45 » 2013 Oct 13, 22:41

I think that Top speed should increase because he is one of the fastest CB's around... he has an really long legs and can run really fast.. My suggestion to Top Speed is 87/88

Also his Explosive Power to increase because of his speeding burst... i would say 79/80

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ySWK_5h1pk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NglIiBh-eiw
vonkomn
New Contributor
Posts: 38
Joined: 2013 May 23, 01:04
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Raphaël Varane

Postby vonkomn » 2013 Oct 14, 00:56

ezio45 wrote:I think that Top speed should increase because he is one of the fastest CB's around... he has an really long legs and can run really fast.. My suggestion to Top Speed is 87/88

Also his Explosive Power to increase because of his speeding burst... i would say 79/80

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ySWK_5h1pk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NglIiBh-eiw


While I agree he is fast, he's nowhere near 87/88 in speed and EP is the speed of his movement not his acceleration, so he is good at where he is.
Roy
PSD Elite
Posts: 1948
Joined: 2012 Nov 19, 11:24
Location: Netherlands
Has thanked: 422 times
Been thanked: 120 times

Re: Raphaël Varane

Postby Roy » 2013 Nov 07, 07:22

Outran Tevez pretty easily, in fact he owned him...
jurgens wrote:i could take a shit on my keyboard and produce something that has more relevance in game

jurgens wrote:the only muscle you'll ever have is that of a better man than yous cock

jurgens wrote:Do it yourself you smelly bean dipping porfavor
fitzcarraldo
Regular Poster
Posts: 316
Joined: 2012 May 10, 21:43
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 47 times

Re: Raphaël Varane

Postby fitzcarraldo » 2013 Nov 09, 13:51

Roy wrote:Outran Tevez pretty easily, in fact he owned him...


Varane is one of the fastest CB I know. Actually right now I can't remind of a CB who is faster than him. Deserves +few points in top speed for sure.
User avatar
Fixer
PSD Backbone
Posts: 10373
Joined: 2010 May 05, 18:43
Location: Spain
Has thanked: 470 times
Been thanked: 709 times

Re: Raphaël Varane

Postby Fixer » 2013 Nov 09, 15:07

As young as an inexperienced as he is, he's a really fast CB with some Nesta-like tackling. Seriously talented, he's got it all to be one of the best of the last 20 years, but again, as young as he is, you can see his 'flaws'. Speed is not one of them indeed, you guys are right to comment on a high speed value.
antony wrote:when a player joins Atletico, Fixer gives him a +10 boost in stamina (Simeone's garra)

Image
Roy
PSD Elite
Posts: 1948
Joined: 2012 Nov 19, 11:24
Location: Netherlands
Has thanked: 422 times
Been thanked: 120 times

Re: Raphaël Varane

Postby Roy » 2013 Nov 09, 17:13

I'd say he's easily 1 or 2 points higher for TS, it's clearly a weapon of his...
jurgens wrote:i could take a shit on my keyboard and produce something that has more relevance in game

jurgens wrote:the only muscle you'll ever have is that of a better man than yous cock

jurgens wrote:Do it yourself you smelly bean dipping porfavor
User avatar
String
New Stat Maker
Posts: 101
Joined: 2010 Nov 27, 23:36
Location: Novi Sad, Serbia
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Raphaël Varane

Postby String » 2014 Feb 14, 10:08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nvTdXFtQsg

According to this video, he is easily 85 in TS and 78 or 79 in explosive power, IMO.
User avatar
Korinov
PSD Loyalty Program Member
Posts: 4461
Joined: 2011 Aug 31, 20:50
Location: Weasel store
Has thanked: 208 times
Been thanked: 422 times

Re: Raphaël Varane

Postby Korinov » 2014 Feb 14, 10:18

Explosive Power = Agility. Not Acceleration.
Image Korinov la Komadreja
Spoiler: show
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
amine wrote:Spanish vodoo is real. That’s my takeaway from this. When my gran children ask me about it, i’ll tell them about the era of xosé the great
User avatar
String
New Stat Maker
Posts: 101
Joined: 2010 Nov 27, 23:36
Location: Novi Sad, Serbia
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Raphaël Varane

Postby String » 2014 Feb 14, 13:49

Korinov wrote:Explosive Power = Agility. Not Acceleration.


Can you explain by which parameter the player reaches a maximum speed in game? Physics says that everything that has speed, it has an acceleration. If you say that Explosives Power has nothing to do with acceleration, than I don't understand why Messi reaches a top speed in less time than Varane.
User avatar
Korinov
PSD Loyalty Program Member
Posts: 4461
Joined: 2011 Aug 31, 20:50
Location: Weasel store
Has thanked: 208 times
Been thanked: 422 times

Re: Raphaël Varane

Postby Korinov » 2014 Feb 14, 14:05

Acceleration as a distinctive stat was removed from the game in PES 2012. Konami introduced a "burst" feature, that is regulated by Explosive Power (Agility), by pressing R2 when you're beginning a run. However in PES 2013 the burst feature was severely nerfed. So in the end pretty much all players had the same acceleration. Can't really tell how it works in 2014 as I've barely played it.

In short,

Top Speed: the speed a player is able to sustain on long runs.
Explosive Power: agility, how nimble a player is when doing changes of direction, etc.
Acceleration (under the 'old stats' tag): acceleration, how quickly a player can reach his top speed.
Image Korinov la Komadreja
Spoiler: show
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
amine wrote:Spanish vodoo is real. That’s my takeaway from this. When my gran children ask me about it, i’ll tell them about the era of xosé the great
ScribbleyDoibus
New Stat Maker
Posts: 226
Joined: 2010 Feb 21, 02:51
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Raphaël Varane

Postby ScribbleyDoibus » 2014 Feb 14, 23:13

in PES 14 there is difference in acceleration between players, I am not sure how it works but I assume it is the explosive power which combines Agility and acceleration. For instance when I started Be a Legend with my player his default stats was 80 Speed and 72 Explosive power. When I held sprint button it took me a while to gain momentum but once i hit top speed i was faster.
jurgens
Clear
Posts: 10411
Joined: 2009 Jul 19, 15:33
Has thanked: 2577 times
Been thanked: 1385 times

Re: Raphaël Varane

Postby jurgens » 2014 Feb 14, 23:18

There is no acceleration in pes at all anymore. Play pes 14/13/12, then go play 10/11 and you'll see it doesn't exist.
vinnie
PSD Loyalty Program Member
Posts: 4046
Joined: 2012 Apr 06, 03:11
Location: ♛      
Has thanked: 775 times
Been thanked: 1151 times

Re: Raphaël Varane

Postby vinnie » 2014 Mar 09, 23:48

varane's jump is crazy. he has almost the same vertical leap as ronaldo, if not better, and he's taller, stronger.
If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
vinnie
PSD Loyalty Program Member
Posts: 4046
Joined: 2012 Apr 06, 03:11
Location: ♛      
Has thanked: 775 times
Been thanked: 1151 times

Re: Raphaël Varane

Postby vinnie » 2014 Mar 22, 09:18

possibly his lpa is a bit overrated.. he's hit some nice passes, but he's generally so erratic in his accuracy.. doesn't seem like a very refined passer.

his passes seem really floaty too, alot get intercepted just because they loop up and hang in the air for what seems to be so unnecessarily long.

small tweaks i'd possibly make are just bc to 75, res to 80, agi to 70, ts to like 86/87, bb to 86, probably tweak ds lower by just a tiny bit.
If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
User avatar
Scaramuso
PSD Guru
Posts: 5038
Joined: 2012 Dec 14, 19:16
Location: Boedo, Argentina
Has thanked: 761 times
Been thanked: 392 times
Contact:

Re: Raphaël Varane

Postby Scaramuso » 2014 Jun 30, 18:06

0 fouls in 300 minutes :shock:
Varane002
Former Lurker
Posts: 3
Joined: 2014 Aug 14, 19:21
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Raphaël Varane

Postby Varane002 » 2014 Aug 14, 19:29

My suggestion is that the explosive power is between 80 - 81. Is very agile despite its 1.90 m. In the game with explosive power 70 is very trunk.
:)
vinnie
PSD Loyalty Program Member
Posts: 4046
Joined: 2012 Apr 06, 03:11
Location: ♛      
Has thanked: 775 times
Been thanked: 1151 times

Re: Raphaël Varane

Postby vinnie » 2014 Aug 22, 23:02

i wouldn't be against a higher defence rating.
If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
jupes
New Stat Maker
Posts: 168
Joined: 2011 Dec 19, 15:57
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Raphaël Varane

Postby jupes » 2014 Aug 23, 19:01

vinnie wrote:i wouldn't be against a higher defence rating.

Neither would I.

When it comes to pure tackling, he's amongst Europe's elite, easily. I dare say I wouldn't rate him lower than even Kompany in that regard.

Only the real master dribblers are able to cause Varane serious problems when taking him on one-v-one.
Below that standard, he cuts through it like a hot knife through butter. Three times on one occasion yesterday vs. Atleti..


I would advize to lower BB though. Don't understand the 86 at all.

Varane's world class abilities are his speed and tackling.
Positioning and strength still need to improve significantly for him to truly become a great defender.

The clearest example is Hummels (88) literally pummeling him in the WC.
Moreover, Ramos (85) is much more physical than Varane.

BB 82/83.
Last edited by jupes on 2014 Aug 28, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
Roy
PSD Elite
Posts: 1948
Joined: 2012 Nov 19, 11:24
Location: Netherlands
Has thanked: 422 times
Been thanked: 120 times

Re: Raphaël Varane

Postby Roy » 2014 Aug 25, 17:15

If he hasn't changed from the last time I've seen him (assuming he didn't) then I also agree with higher DEF.

I feel jupes has a point concerning BB, never looked like such a physical player to me, sure, he's dominant. But when all your opponents range from 1.60m to 1.80m then you won't really have a hard time when you're 1.91m yourself... I feel his defending is down to his insane tackling and his speed mostly.
jurgens wrote:i could take a shit on my keyboard and produce something that has more relevance in game

jurgens wrote:the only muscle you'll ever have is that of a better man than yous cock

jurgens wrote:Do it yourself you smelly bean dipping porfavor

Return to “Real Madrid CF”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest