CF: Jese / Benzema / B. Mayoral

Right Corner: Kroos
Left Corner: Kroos
Long Free Kick: Kross / 2 Fk: Bale
Short Free Kick: Ronaldo
Penalty Taker: Ronaldo
Captains: S. Ramos 1 / Ronaldo 2 / Go up: Pepe, S. Ramos, Ronaldo, Bale

4-3-3

Last edited by Korinov on 2014 Apr 18, 11:36, edited 13 times in total.
as_10
PSD Elite

Re: Real Madrid CF - Formations & Tactics

Postby as_10 » 2009 Sep 01, 20:14

braindead wrote:why is casillas not the captain

Because it's Raul.
I want my son Brooklyn to be christianized, but I still don't know in which religion - David Beckham
ral2009
New Contributor

Postby ral2009 » 2009 Sep 27, 20:33

IMO Xabi Alonso should be DMF instead of CMF. I tried to put him as a CMF and he frequently goes to penalty box during the attack which doesn't reflect him at all.
Angel of Death
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Angel of Death » 2009 Oct 18, 19:28

Same thing happens to me when I use him CMF
VAMOS ARIS

Having some general ideas and will start creating some teams
clarkenssen
New Contributor

Postby clarkenssen » 2009 Dec 02, 01:25

After the game against Barcelona, i think we can say that Pellegrini has found his idea. Since one month and the game against Getafe at the Bernabeu, Real Madrid is practically playing the same way.

A sort of a 4-1-2-1-2.

Players

GK: Casillas
LB: Arbeloa
LCB: Raul Albiol
RCB: Pepe
RB: Sergio Ramos
DMF: Xabi Alonso
RDMF: Lass
LSMF: Marcelo
AMF: Kaka
LSS: Ronaldo
RCF: Higuain/Benzema.

Long Free Kick: Ronaldo / Xabi Alonso
Free Kick 2: Xabi Alonso
Left Corner: Xabi Alonso
Right Corner: Xabi Alonso
Players To Go Up: Pepe, Raul Albiol

Seeing all this game, this is what i think Pellegrini idea is :

Pepe and Albiol are playing with some space between them. Alonso is very close to them.

Arbeloa has a defensive role. He's about blocking the side and can press with a good liberty as long as Marcelo is ready to cover it. Marcelo who is offensively taking care of the side for him.

Ramos has a balanced role. He has a good cover and can frequently take his chance to go up. The fact that Lass is taking care of the side do not make him an offensive player i think cause he do not forget to go down and replace himself.

Alonso is playing near the defence, organising and doing the first pass, he usually use his SPA but can also jump the second line of the midfield cause he obviously has a great Long Pass ability.
Defensively speaking, i think his position on the axial area put him on the good condition for doing defensive work. Not his only task but i'd say 50% of it, the other 50% being as much available as possible for organising the team (with the ball i intend)

Lass on the right has a purely defensive role. He's covering Ramos AND Alonso when this one try to intercept the ball. This kind of position force him to be patient during the game cause he can not try to steal the ball too deep and be ready to cover. But i really think that in this formation, he a 2 main task very important, cover and pressure.

Marcelo on the left side has a more balanced role. He have to participate to the offensive phase (in which case he can switch position with Kaka or Ronaldo) and block the let side, helping Arbeloa When the team do not have the ball. Also i'd say he have to press a lot and more deep that Lass.

Kaka is leading the offensive line. He is very free on the field and can choose if he's making a vertical or horizontal run. He's not playing like a classic N°10, but lead the counter attack and have to make the last pass.

Ronaldo, on the left of the attacking line, playing SS and not Winger i think.
Not because i choose it but because he simply replace Benzema (or Higuain) and have to take the same role. Going near the line for making more space and go deep in the kill zone.
Beside that, the fact that Arbeloa and Marcelo are playing on the left side make me think that Pellegrini can not ask 1 more player to play as a winger. Even if Arbeloa do not go up very much, the left side is taked care of. So i think Ronaldo will play like a SS and be more about the central area (or the right side when he switch position).

Now Higuain, playing CF i think, even he's very medium on this position. He's the more deep player on the field, and has sometimes to go on the right. He frequently go on the left doing diagonal crossing and switch with Ronaldo.

I'am not sure precisely of the positioning on the formation tools but i think this is kind of close.

Maybe the next games will help to be sure of it. But anyway, this is more actual than the formation up on the thread which we didn't see since September i think...
as_10
PSD Elite

Postby as_10 » 2009 Dec 11, 16:23

Shouldn't all strikers(except Higuain when he plays) have low defensive arrow? Madrid's biggest weakness is that when opponent recovers the ball and attack, the team is broken in two parts, leaving lazy guys like Kaka, Ronaldo, Raul and Benzema upfront(and they come back walking, if they ever come).
I want my son Brooklyn to be christianized, but I still don't know in which religion - David Beckham
Real_Madrid_22

Postby Real_Madrid_22 » 2009 Dec 11, 18:09

as_10 wrote:Shouldn't all strikers(except Higuain when he plays) have low defensive arrow? Madrid's biggest weakness is that when opponent recovers the ball and attack, the team is broken in two parts, leaving lazy guys like Kaka, Ronaldo, Raul and Benzema upfront(and they come back walking, if they ever come).

speaking about weakness - barca fan

Bernard
Real_Madrid_22

Postby Real_Madrid_22 » 2009 Dec 11, 18:16

as_10 wrote:Shouldn't all strikers(except Higuain when he plays) have low defensive arrow? Madrid's biggest weakness is that when opponent recovers the ball and attack, the team is broken in two parts, leaving lazy guys like Kaka, Ronaldo, Raul and Benzema upfront(and they come back walking, if they ever come).

and btw if you watched games both kaka and ronaldo help sometimes the defence and raul /who zou called lazy is helping it wherenever he can.

Barca with Ibrahimovi' is in my opinion worse than Barca with Eto cuz Eto helped midfieldiers alot , Ibra dont but Ibra has qualities that Eto doesnt which are exploiting almost everz chance he have, he is more sucessful with head but hes alot slower.

Bernard
as_10
PSD Elite

Postby as_10 » 2009 Dec 11, 18:55

I hope you're not the next Ulises.

And yes, the team breaks in two parts, take it or leave it, it's just my humble opinion. But that has advantatges, if they recover the ball they have four guys upfront with amazing offensive qualities.
Jez
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Jez » 2010 Feb 01, 23:01

Just been testing out clarkenssen's formation and it works a lot better than the one in the first post. I havn't seen Madrid since the start of the season but yeah, works really well and gets the best out of a lot of the players. Alonso sits deep, Kaka lurks in the number 10 position, Diarra covers for Ramos due to him having the defensive arrow and Ramos having the Normal one, Marcelo is up and down the left and Arbeloa sits back and does his defending, Ronaldo is also a far greater threat. In the first post formation, playing Ronaldo LMF just really doesn't seem realistic when playing the game. As I said, not sure how they play at the moment but the formation works great in game! :)

EDIT: The difference is actually staggering! I was hating playing with Madrid as nobody seemed to do what they were meant to and now it's actually enjoyable! :D
"DEBT IS THE ROAD TO RUIN" David Gill August 2004

My blog is back, check it out! www.mybeautifulgame1.wordpress.com
Xyder

Postby Xyder » 2010 Feb 01, 23:26

Ok updated clarky formation to the first post, let me add something more:
  • Higuain it's the first option for RCF and change the side with Ronaldo so often, so the attack arrows are perfect there.
  • Garay seems the first option to substitute Pepe, more than put S. Ramos as CB or put Metzelder.
wowbagger
PSD Youth League

Postby wowbagger » 2010 Feb 04, 18:12

Xyder wrote:Ok updated clarky formation to the first post, let me add something more:
  • Higuain it's the first option for RCF and change the side with Ronaldo so often, so the attack arrows are perfect there.
  • Garay seems the first option to substitute Pepe, more than put S. Ramos as CB or put Metzelder.

And just a small thing Garay is playing as LCB I think...
Uzair
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Uzair » 2010 Feb 22, 17:07

is the penalty taker determined by some sort of rotation system? last night, there were 2 penalties given and they were taken by Kaka and Alonso whilst Ronaldo was still on the field :?
Xyder

Postby Xyder » 2010 Feb 22, 17:19

Uzair wrote:is the penalty taker determined by some sort of rotation system? last night, there were 2 penalties given and they were taken by Kaka and Alonso whilst Ronaldo was still on the field :?

Seems that Kaka it's the first choice, but CR9 and Xabi are good takers too... so probably will be a rotation system, but seems that Kaka it's the first option (or at least, the first taker when the referee whistle penalty).
clarkenssen
New Contributor

Postby clarkenssen » 2010 Feb 24, 14:53

Kind hard to say who is the first choice actually.

I think that the last one that Kaka shot was more because he needed to get more confidence than because he's the first choice.

The other one he shot was in the first Villareal - Real and Ronaldo had already score a goal at the moment.

Also, in the last game, the one that Xabi Alonso tooked was meant to be shooted by Ronaldo, but Alonso asked to take it :

http://www.as.com/futbol/video/cris-fav ... ftb_20/Ves

So i'd say, 50% Rotation between Kaka and CR9, even if a think that CR9 is more the first choice at the moment.

About the formation, there is a new one that Pellegrini uses since 1 month now.

With Granero taking the place of Marcelo and playing CMF and Marcelo playing left back.
Then Ramos take the LCB place and Arbeloa goes RB.

The attacking area is the same.
Kanouté
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Kanouté » 2010 Apr 20, 08:09

The latest formation I can see.

RB: Arbeloa
RCB: Albiol
LCB: Ramos
LB: Marcelo
RDMF: Gago / Lass
LDMF: Alonso
CMF: Guti ©
AMF: van der Vaart / Kaka
RSS: Higuain

or

RB: Ramos
RCB: Albiol
LCB: Garay
LB: Arbeloa
RDMF: Gago / Lass
LDMF: Alonso
CMF: Guti ©
AMF: van der Vaart / Kaka

Long Free Kick: van der Vaart (from right) / Xabi Alonso (from left)
Free Kick 2: Xabi Alonso / van der Vaart
Right Corner: Xabi Alonso / Kaka
Left Corner: Xabi Alonso / Kaka
Players To Go Up: Ramos, Albiol
Nathorr
New Contributor

Postby Nathorr » 2010 Apr 21, 19:12

Das ist das! wrote:The latest formation I can see.
Lots of text...

I think it is more like 4-3-1-2

Casillas - Arbeloa, Albiol, Ramos, Marcelo - Gago/Lass, Xabi Alonso, Guti - van der Vaart/Kaka - C. Ronaldo, Higuain
OR
Casillas - Ramos, Albiol, Garay, Arbeloa - Gago/Lass, Xabi Alonso, Marcelo/Guti - van der Vaart/Kaka - C. Ronaldo, Higuain

SFK: C. Ronaldo
LFK: van der Vaart / Xabi Alonso
FK2: van der Vaart / Guti
RC: van der Vaart / Xabi Alonso
LC: van der Vaart / Xabi Alonso
Penalties: C. Ronaldo / Kaka
Players Up: Ramos, Albiol
¡Hala Madrid!
Tavo
New Stat Maker

Postby Tavo » 2010 May 10, 02:22

Well I know it's late and the line-up is gonna change completely next season but I'm proud to give you Real Madrid's latest formation:

I've put the strategies (all PES6 here, I've no idea how things work in modern games) to automatic and the "options" are: 3 (yeah, three...so the CPU WILL have to do it) Change Sides and 1 CB Overlap, choosing Ramos.

The Attack/Defense level (or whatever it's called in English, my game's in Spanish) would be 'Auto Attack'.

Comments?
realgalactik
PSD Youth League

Postby realgalactik » 2010 Sep 15, 05:54

Formation : 4-4-2

GK : Casillas
RCB: Carvalho
LCB : Pepe
LB: Marcelo
RB: Sergio Ramos
DMF: Xabi Alonso
CMF: Khedira
LMF: Di Maria
AMF: Ozil
LSS: C.Ronaldo
Mateo
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Mateo » 2010 Nov 20, 14:23

Formation

Lineup

GK: Casillas / BAL / Captain

LB: Marcelo / OFF
LCB: R. Carvalho / BAL
RCB: Pepe / DEF
RB: S. Ramos / BAL

DMF: Xabi Alonso / BAL
CMF: Khedira / BAL
RMF: Di Maria / BAL
AMF: Ozil / OFF

SS: C. Ronaldo / S/OFF
CF: Higuain / OFF

Set Piece

Long FK Taker: Xabi Alonso
Short FK Taker: C. Ronaldo
FK Taker 2: Ozil
Left CK Taker: Xabi Alonso
Right CK Taker: Ozil
PK Taker: C. Ronaldo
Players to Join Attack: R. Carvalho, S. Ramos

This formation is 95 % correct. :lol:
MocaBG: "I am the only one here that is folowing our football and who knows to rate players corectly!" LOL
Xyder

Postby Xyder » 2010 Nov 20, 22:10

Mateo's formation is the most used formation by Mourinho in RM. No problem to update it on the first post.

Return to “Real Madrid CF”