Poll: Which Classic Club Era Team should I work on next?

Moderators: josev, BigStu, Fixer, lucashag, Adrien, Albo7, Korinov, jurgens, Brezza

Albo7
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Poll: Which Classic Club Era Team should I work on next?

Postby Albo7 » 2017 Jul 30, 18:44

So here we are with a second round for this thread. Last time I had fun creating a great side such as Ajax 95, now I'm looking forward to which option you guys will be choosing next. I'm solely focusing on European Champions for the reason that I have in my mind the ambitious project of having a complete database of European Champions Clubs in our site. That's years worth of work, I know, but never-the-less I want to complete that project little by little.

Original post:

Spoiler: show
I really have no idea on who to work on right now, and I do have a lot of free time this summer. So, I came up with the idea to create a poll on which team do you guys prefer me to work next. I always prefer working on European Champion club teams, first because Champions remain in history, and they should all be represented in a way or another in our site, and second because I do think that it's unfair to rate players solely based on their National Team performances especially in World Cups and European Cups, where players are known to be on fire.

So I don't want to work on teams post 2003, coz you can find really good sets from Konami for those teams, you can find countless vs videos, matches and sets/alt sets online for all those players. And I don't consider them to be real classics, in a PES POV. So, I decided to choose some of the classic European Champion teams that might really need some work on, and really lack quality work and sets. You've got 2 choices, the team with most votes will be the one I work on next.

First poll winner:

Ajax 1994-1996 - Fully updated _tick

Second poll winner:

Juventus FC 1996

Image TROLL KING Image

Klaus14
Valued Contributor

Re: Poll: Which Classic Club Era Team should I work on next?

Postby Klaus14 » 2017 Jul 30, 18:58

I personally voted for Porto 87' and ajax 95'. Didn't want to vote for the bigger teams who always have more attention and this time i chose squads who doesn't get the recongition sometimes ( not for the people in here)
!!!CHUPETE LA CONCHA DE TU HERMANA!! , !!VAMOS CARAJO TE QUIERO VER!! , !! TE QUIERO VER PAPÁ!!
kuer86
New Stat Maker

Postby kuer86 » 2017 Jul 30, 19:04

I would be happy about any team of this list really, but voted for milan 88-90 and Barcelona 92 as they're both real "Dream Teams"
Jon Osterman
PSD Youth League

Postby Jon Osterman » 2017 Jul 30, 21:13

It's a bit harder, but would be nice to see the great Santos from the 60s again on PSD. If you could put on your list for a possible future, i would apreciate!
Valbuena1313
New Stat Maker

Postby Valbuena1313 » 2017 Jul 30, 23:39

What about OM 88-93 or ASSE 70's ?
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2017 Jul 31, 00:36

We could have voted for more than one option?? Im such a dummy.
Klaus14
Valued Contributor

Postby Klaus14 » 2017 Jul 31, 00:43

Oriello wrote:We could have voted for more than one option?? Im such a dummy.

Stupid :D
!!!CHUPETE LA CONCHA DE TU HERMANA!! , !!VAMOS CARAJO TE QUIERO VER!! , !! TE QUIERO VER PAPÁ!!
Albo7

Postby Albo7 » 2017 Jul 31, 08:09

Jon Osterman wrote:It's a bit harder, but would be nice to see the great Santos from the 60s again on PSD. If you could put on your list for a possible future, i would apreciate!

That's a great team, but I really wanna keep the focus on European Cup/UCL winning sides right now.

Valbuena1313 wrote:What about OM 88-93 or ASSE 70's ?

OM was a very real candidate for me to work on and it had a crazily good team during those years, whose matches I'd really watch with interest, but Adrien said that he would work on that team himself, and who to work better on french players besides someone that is french himself? As for Saint-Etienne, that's another french team that had major success, kinda like Stade de Reims in the 50s, but as I already said I wanna focus on the Winning sides right now.
Image TROLL KING Image

Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Postby Vickingo » 2017 Jul 31, 10:12

I gave my vote MU 68' only because we need more 60's teams and players. Obviously it was a great team and I'd like to be more familiar with it...also there's quite a good history about that World Club Final Cup vs Estudiantes and there was quite a situation those days lol

Here you have some matches
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUWdwzieyJc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlmxbO2I8e8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWOzKnl0QI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoUr-kig7OQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJqE-y_StGw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDIdRSVLw88

Btw you didn't include Bayern Munich 86-87 :cry:
Valbuena1313
New Stat Maker

Postby Valbuena1313 » 2017 Jul 31, 11:34

Albo7 wrote:OM was a very real candidate for me to work on and it had a crazily good team during those years, whose matches I'd really watch with interest, but Adrien said that he would work on that team himself, and who to work better on french players besides someone that is french himself? As for Saint-Etienne, that's another french team that had major success, kinda like Stade de Reims in the 50s, but as I already said I wanna focus on the Winning sides right now.

OK I understand, but the fact is that he underrated so much "Le Grand OM"..... But thanks for the answer ;)
Last edited by Valbuena1313 on 2017 Aug 01, 00:57, edited 3 times in total.
vinnie

Postby vinnie » 2017 Jul 31, 23:20

i'm interested to see your opinions on the spine of that milan team, baresi-rijkaard-gullit-van basten. Rijkaard and Gullit have always had unbelievable default sets, honestly Rijkaard has a case to be the best player of all time according to his default set. I haven't seen enough to refute this opinion, but i've seen the 1988 cup match between milan and red star, and stojkovic absolutely toyed with milan anytime he was on the ball. though i do consider stojkovic as one of the most technically brilliant players ever (at least before his injury just after he arrived at marseille which almost completely ruined him), it would be interesting to see a fresh look at that legendary milan core.

The 95 ajax team is very worthy of a looking at as well.

Kaltz has a very interesting default set with key differences compared to his current set too, maybe if he played on a worthy team it might be useful to review him while watching his teams in general.

im curious about denis law as well, which would technically mean 68' united.

the team i know the least about and is actually the least complete is steau bucherest. i don't think i know any of the players that won that CL or how they did it. Maybe not as flashy but worth a crack as a CL winner?

like kuer said though, any team on this list would be good. i voted for 68' united, but i didn't use my second vote and would've gone for 95' ajax as my b choice.
If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
Moysís
Regular Poster

Postby Moysís » 2017 Aug 01, 07:10

Albo, just one question. When you prepare these CL winners do you use only european matches of that teams for watching or you are based also on domestic matches from same period for the each team? I'm taking now Milan side from 88-90 for example, there are good amount of matches from serie available for watching so it would be good involve all available materials to get what better picture for the each player..
Albo7

Postby Albo7 » 2017 Aug 01, 11:28

Vickingo wrote:I gave my vote MU 68' only because we need more 60's teams and players. Obviously it was a great team and I'd like to be more familiar with it...also there's quite a good history about that World Club Final Cup vs Estudiantes and there was quite a situation those days lol

Here you have some matches
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUWdwzieyJc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlmxbO2I8e8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWOzKnl0QI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoUr-kig7OQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJqE-y_StGw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDIdRSVLw88

Btw you didn't include Bayern Munich 86-87 :cry:

Yeah, we're really lacking work in the pre 60s, and that MU team has a great story altogether, that's why I decided to include them in this poll, although my preferred line of work is from the mid/late 70s to the late 90s. And considering that from the most successful teams of the 60s/50s, MU 68 is the one with less work and sets in it, on our site. So, it's definitely a team that will keep being a candidate for me.

As for Bayern, as I already wrote, I'm trying to finish up work with the victorious sides Victor. :lol:

vinnie wrote:i'm interested to see your opinions on the spine of that milan team, baresi-rijkaard-gullit-van basten. Rijkaard and Gullit have always had unbelievable default sets, honestly Rijkaard has a case to be the best player of all time according to his default set. I haven't seen enough to refute this opinion, but i've seen the 1988 cup match between milan and red star, and stojkovic absolutely toyed with milan anytime he was on the ball. though i do consider stojkovic as one of the most technically brilliant players ever (at least before his injury just after he arrived at marseille which almost completely ruined him), it would be interesting to see a fresh look at that legendary milan core.

The 95 ajax team is very worthy of a looking at as well.

Yeah from the look of it Ajax 95 and Milan 88-90 seem to be the most preferred teams. Milan was truly a Dream team with that formation and the dutch trio always had a legendary aura. While Ajax 95 would be a team that would later break in order to furnish the best teams of Europe with crazy talent for the many years to come. I definitely understand the interest people got for these 2 teams.

Kaltz has a very interesting default set with key differences compared to his current set too, maybe if he played on a worthy team it might be useful to review him while watching his teams in general.

Lol, Kaltz? But I already reviewed and worked on Kaltz. Here's my post.

the team i know the least about and is actually the least complete is steau bucherest. i don't think i know any of the players that won that CL or how they did it. Maybe not as flashy but worth a crack as a CL winner?

Many would argue that teams like Steaua and Porto would never have become European Champions if the ban on English teams (coz of the Juve-Liverpool incident) wouldn't be in effect during those years. But that period was a culmination and somewhat a prime of all major sports in communist Balkans countries. Taking from the Soviet way of training and youth sport-schools, Balkans countries produced an insane amount of talent in many sports during these years. Nadia Comanecis Romanian generation in Gymnastics, Abadjievs mighty Bulgarian Weightlifting team, the great Yugoslav Red Star Belgrade team that would become European Champion, just to name a few. So of course the Steaua team was also a product of that "Golden Age" of sports in the Balkans. I haven't seen much ofthat team myself, but I know they had 2 monster stikers in Lacatus and Piturca, and I caught some of Belodedici when I was working on the Red Star team. He was a very very solid and secure defender. One of the few players that would win 2 European Cups with different teams, and both from the Balkans! :lol: So it's definitely an interesting option for the future to work on this team.

like kuer said though, any team on this list would be good. i voted for 68' united, but i didn't use my second vote and would've gone for 95' ajax as my b choice.

Yes, I'm perfectly fine on working on any of these teams as well, and since I had no major favourites, I decided to let the users in here choose for me instead.

Moysís wrote:Albo, just one question. When you prepare these CL winners do you use only european matches of that teams for watching or you are based also on domestic matches from same period for the each team? I'm taking now Milan side from 88-90 for example, there are good amount of matches from serie available for watching so it would be good involve all available materials to get what better picture for the each player..

Both of course, I especially like to watch as much as I can from the last months leading into the final, in order to understand the dynamics of the team during that period. A team can change alot in 6 months, and as you guys might have noticed I give as much importance to the team dynamics and way of play, as I give to creating personal sets. You can watch vids of a player from random fragments of time, and you can still create a solid set for him (although you shouldn't be very abusive with the time period between these fragments), but you can't be like that with an entire team. To imitate a teams dynamics in PES you need to be very specific about the time period which you're trying to emulate the team. That's why I prefer watching full matches of a concise time period. But of course, set-wise, I give special importance to bigger matches. That's my phylosophy, If you're a player that constanly plays well against mid-table teams in your league, but when it comes to higher and stronger opposition in bigger matches such as European Cupp semi-finals or finals you suddenly disappear, then I'm sorry but you're not gonna be rated as high as some of the clubs fans might expect.

Btw, the battle between Milan 88-90 and Ajax 95 is real lol. This morning it was Milan leading, now it's Ajax again in the lead. Keep voting guys, I'll need a clear lead to choose one of the teams. (And now they're on par! :lol: )
Image TROLL KING Image

jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2017 Aug 01, 11:49

It's hard to choose and i feel very similarly to vinnie about the milan team and the dutch trio, but I think it would be very interesting to get your view on the united 99 squad, as it seems pretty far away from your usual area of expertise? And I don't really recall you working much on any english teams from the "modern era" and that united team has so many legendary players, that do need a review, but also could sorely do with a review from someone with more of an outside perspective, if you know what I mean? I mean I grew up watching them, so when I re-review, theres no real surprises, so it would be cool to get a fresh perspective from another cl mod that isn't so familar with them?
Apologies if im wrong and you are really familar with them :lol:
Albo7

Postby Albo7 » 2017 Aug 01, 12:14

No, you're right, not really familiar with them, but I chose them from the perspective of a rival. I grew up with the idea of Bayern "almost" making it in 1999 (my whole family are Bayern fans lol), and it was such a legendary final. Matthaus going off in the 80th, and MU pulling a german and scoring twice in extra time.. it's really fascinating. I was like 6 when that happened, and that's one of my earliest memories of football, (only some moments of Barthez and Ronaldo in the 1998 WC are earlier memories I have lol). And not to mention it's one of the most emotional matches I've seen, and I'd really consider working on MU to help emulate that team as realistically as I can. it would be a nice deja-vu playing that Bayern-Manchester United match as realistically as it can get in PES.
Image TROLL KING Image

kuer86
New Stat Maker

Postby kuer86 » 2017 Aug 01, 20:20

Albo7 wrote:No, you're right, not really familiar with them, but I chose them from the perspective of a rival. I grew up with the idea of Bayern "almost" making it in 1999 (my whole family are Bayern fans lol), and it was such a legendary final. Matthaus going off in the 80th, and MU pulling a german and scoring twice in extra time.. it's really fascinating. I was like 6 when that happened, and that's one of my earliest memories of football, (only some moments of Barthez and Ronaldo in the 1998 WC are earlier memories I have lol). And not to mention it's one of the most emotional matches I've seen, and I'd really consider working on MU to help emulate that team as realistically as I can. it would be a nice deja-vu playing that Bayern-Manchester United match as realistically as it can get in PES.

In case youre going to work on mu 99, it would be amazing to get a set for Mario Basler, too. I know he played for Bayern and not for mu, but him and Thomas helmer are the only important players missing from Bayern 99 and those 2 Teams clashed 3 times that year in the ucl
vinnie

Postby vinnie » 2017 Aug 01, 22:03

Albo7 wrote:

sorry i made a mistake, i meant Gunter Netzer, or "Nejuler".. this guy: http://www.pesmaster.com/nejuler/pes-2011/player/67944/
Kaltz doesn't even have a default set :lol:, not sure why i mentioned him- i've been reading your update summaries and the name must have stuck around.
Klaus14
Valued Contributor

Postby Klaus14 » 2017 Aug 01, 23:38

vinnie wrote:
Albo7 wrote:

sorry i made a mistake, i meant Gunter Netzer, or "Nejuler".. this guy: http://www.pesmaster.com/nejuler/pes-2011/player/67944/
Kaltz doesn't even have a default set :lol:, not sure why i mentioned him- i've been reading your update summaries and the name must have stuck around.

http://pesstatsdatabase.com/viewtopic.php?t=3050
vinnie

Postby vinnie » 2017 Aug 01, 23:46

yes, that's who i'm talking about. i just think the differences between the default set and the psd set are interesting- the really low passing speeds, ts/acc, and stamina.
Albo7

Postby Albo7 » 2017 Aug 03, 12:16

kuer86 wrote:In case youre going to work on mu 99, it would be amazing to get a set for Mario Basler, too. I know he played for Bayern and not for mu, but him and Thomas helmer are the only important players missing from Bayern 99 and those 2 Teams clashed 3 times that year in the ucl

Yes, they're definitely on my list, but gotta work things one at a time lol.

vinnie wrote:sorry i made a mistake, i meant Gunter Netzer, or "Nejuler".. this guy: http://www.pesmaster.com/nejuler/pes-2011/player/67944/

Lol don't sweat it. Netzer was a member of Monchengladbachs team that used to be Bayerns main rival in the Bundesliga during Beckenbauers era. And I'm pretty sure that you can find a lot of his matches both with Real Madrid and with the German NT, but as I already stated, I wanna do a little more of a productive job. I wanna get to work and produce sets for a whole team, considering the lack of sets we have with the classic section. It's definitely a possibility working on him when the workload thins a little.

So from what I can see the voting process has slowed down. I'll let this up for another couple of hours before announcing the winner, and hence the team I'll work on.
Image TROLL KING Image

Return to “Classics”