Historical Matches request

Moderators: Fixer, josev, BigStu, lucashag, Adrien, Albo7, Korinov, Brezza, jurgens

Would you like to have Historical Matches subtopic?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 21
BelloMina
Seasoned Stat Maker

Historical Matches request

Postby BelloMina » 2013 Apr 01, 22:41

Hey guys,

This post is to make a request of making an "Historical (Classic) Matches" subtopic just like "Club Era Teams" and stuff like that... Ill explain in it right now...

The idea is to add diferent topics of Historical Classic Matches from All Times in this CLASSIC Sub Topic. In here you would be able to add the player that played the match, score, minuted of each goal, Teams Rosters, videos, formations, managers, substitutions... and all facts about an specific match.

There are a lot of classic matches each year, for example; Chelsea beating Barcelona, Spain vs Netherlands, Manchester City amazing five last minutes championship game, Uruguay wons the Copa America, Brasil 2 Germany 0 (2002), Bayern 1 United 2 (Champions Final 1999)... In conclusion, a lot of matches that could be added...

Please post your opinions about this idea and vote if you feel like make this rolling...!

Cantaré... cantaré cada Domingooo.... Vivirás... dentro de mi Corazooonn Image Image
Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Re: Historical Matches request

Postby Vickingo » 2013 Apr 03, 11:56

Nice idea, I do like it. Everything well done which makes this board discuss/learn about football is welcome for me.
Reverend
Valued Contributor

Postby Reverend » 2013 Apr 03, 15:39

I really like the idea, I signed up to participate.
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
Epsi
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Epsi » 2013 Apr 04, 11:28

agree, really nice idea.
jorgecavs

Postby jorgecavs » 2013 Apr 05, 03:25

I like the idea, count on me for that.
pelimetal

Postby pelimetal » 2013 Apr 06, 05:45

Nice,nice,nice. I have in mind some beautiful games.
BelloMina
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby BelloMina » 2013 Apr 09, 18:07

PROTOTYPE FORMAT

Barcelona 5 - 0 Emelec

STADIUM
Spoiler: show
Estadio Monumental Isidro Romero Carbo
Around 60.000 spectators.

TACTICS

Barcelona Sporting Club 5

Coach: _arg Gustavo Adolfo Costas

LINE-UP
GK: Máximo Banguera
RB: Renzo Revoredo
CB: José Luis Perlaza
CB: Frickson Erazo
LB: Miguel Ibarra
DMF: José Amaya Image 35'
CMF: Matías Oyola Image 6'
RMF: Carlos Gruezo
LMF: Michael Arroyo Image 67'
AMF: Damián Díaz Image 73'
CF: Narciso Mina

SUBSTITUTES
GK: Damián Lanza
CB: Pablo Saucedo
DMF: Luis Caicedo
LMF: Hólger Matamoros Image 35'
LMF: Michael Jackson Quinonez Image 67'
LWF: Jose Ayovi Image 73'
CF: Juan Carlos Ferreyra

GOALS:
Damián Díaz Image 38'
Narciso Mina Image 45'+
Narciso Mina Image 47'
Michael Arroyo PK Image 58'
Damián Díaz Image 62'

Club Sport Emelec 0

Coach: _arg Gustavo Quinteros

LINE-UP
GK: Cristian Arana
RB: Wilson Morante
CB: Cristian Nasuti Image 36' Image 65'
CB: Gabriel Achilier
LB: Oscar Bagui
CMF: Pedro Quinonez
CMF: Eddy Corozo
RMF: Enner Valencia Image 68'
LMF: Fernando Gimenez
SS: Marcos Mondaini Image 19'
CF: Marlon De Jesus Image 74'

SUBSTITUTES
GK: Wilmer Zumba
LB: Byron Mina
CB: Jose Luis Quinonez Image 68'
CMF: Fernando Gaibor
AMF: Efren Mera
SS: Angel Mena
CF: Ronnal Campos Image 74

MATCH SUMMARY

First Half
The first minutes of the match where total dominated by Emelec, which started with a header by Gabriel Achilier which Maximo Banguera could keep it.
Then, was Enner Valencia who generated danger with another header.

In minute 19', Marcos Mondaini left Emelec with 10 players by kicking Jose Luis Perlaza, reason by referee Omar Ponce throw him out of the field with a red card.

However, Emelec continued dominating the match and it wasn't until minute 28' when Barcelona striker Narciso Mina could shot at Arana's goalie.

Electrics had contundence, but not precision, and their attacks started going down after at minute 35' Jose Amaya was substituted with Holger Matamoros; 3 minutes later, Arroyo corrumped the box and assisted Diaz who scored the first goal of the match (38').

Barcelona was winning the most important derby of the year, and just in the last play of the first half, Narciso Mina scored the second goal by an excellent counter attack which leftt Arana with no answer. (2-0. 45+).

Second Half

Barcelona was with one more player in the field and wanted to make higher their difference in the score, it was just in the start of the first half when Narciso Mina received an excellent assist from Holger Matamoros and scored the 3-0 in the natch (47').

The swoop didn't end, and in another counter attack Narciso Mina was derribated and referee dictamined a penalty for Barcelona, which Michael Arroyo scored for the 4-0. (68').

Barcelona advantaged the control of the game and Emelec's worn to score the 5-0. When in an impressive never ended consecutive passes Damian Diaz scored the goal for Emelec's humilliation in Estadio Monumental.

The bad moment never ended for Emelec, and 3 minutes later, visiting defender Nasuti kicked Michael Arroyo and injured him, being sent off with another red card.

Barcelona could have scored much more, but conformed with this historical victory.

MEDIA

Barcelona 5 Emelec 0

----------------------

Hello guys, here I bring you the first eraser of the format we will use for the posts of each match, please give your opinions about it and what do you think is missing in it. I am not convinced about the title and the team shields. PLEASE GIVE YOUR OPINIONS ABOUT THE FORMAT :D

Also, each player would be linked with their pes stats post.
Last edited by BelloMina on 2013 May 16, 05:31, edited 2 times in total.
Cantaré... cantaré cada Domingooo.... Vivirás... dentro de mi Corazooonn Image Image
Basilio

Postby Basilio » 2013 Apr 10, 04:07

how the hell we won 5-0 with Ibarra and Revorator as sidebacks, Grueso as Sm and Amaya substituted :lol:
Descansa en paz Chucho
BelloMina
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby BelloMina » 2013 Apr 13, 03:00

People I need opinions about the format this is only the first prototype, it needs changes and new stuff so every comment is welcome. This details are basic to start this new topic which would be very useful for all of us.
frshmn
Regular Poster

Postby frshmn » 2013 Apr 13, 06:22

If this idea is going to be as useful as you say it is, imo there should be less emphasis placed on the biographical elements of the match, and more on the analytical elements of the match which can actually be replicated in game. What I mean by this is, leave out the filler information regarding stadiums, managers, your own personal commentary etc and instead focus on analysing the game play-by-play - maybe highlight the moment where a player shows exceptional attacking intelligence, or off the ball speed, or something along those lines which we could then assign values to.

Basically, instead of writing about the game from a fan's standpoint, it should be written more from an analyst’s standpoint, kind of like a PES-Opta, of sorts. I understand this makes for far more tedious viewing, but as a stat maker there's nothing that I can think of which could possibly be more helpful. When I'm working on sets, I unfortunately spend the majority of the time watching players tentatively pass the ball in their own half, all the while the actual player of interest is nowhere to be seen (this was, unfortunately, more often than not the case while I was working on Dalian Atkinson's set!), so I'd sure appreciate having the more significant moments of the match broken down and made readily available to me.

I should stress though, it's important we keep elements of the current format the exact same way they are now - that means including information about line ups, substitutions, goals and whatnot.

I realise even posting one match with these suggestions would be a huge, tedious undertaking, but I genuinely couldn't think of anything more helpful for making stats.
His TS is 83, big deal. Arguing for 79 is whiny.
BelloMina
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby BelloMina » 2013 Apr 16, 06:46

Hi Madvillian, thanks for your great colaboration.

However, I dont see it very viable, as we could implement so basic points of your opinion, it wouldnt be viable to concentrate to much in this game play by play facts.

Thing is, I could be able to put it in the first post, but users who would like to make posts about an specific match may see this a bit tedious as you say, and wont post.

I can see there are interesting points on your comments, that we could add, analysing some important play by plays from the match (basically the most importants) and share them with the post. But analysing how a player makes intelligent movements and plays is very specific and would be, not only tedious, it would be difficult for most users who wanted to make their own posts.

For those who asked if we can put the line-ups next from the two teams, theres no option to do that, a photo would not work because the idea is to link each player to their first post.

@Jurgens Any idea and contribution bro?
frshmn
Regular Poster

Postby frshmn » 2013 Apr 27, 22:52

I'd never go as far as to say it's not viable - it's definitely viable, but as I said it'd take a great deal of effort on everybody's part. Perhaps it will put certain people off of posting, but really the idea is that people who're actually willing to contribute, are the ones that post. Nevermind though, I was apprehensive about the idea from the start.

I have to ask, without being flippant, what's the difference between this Historical Matches idea and this topic that Korinov's already posted? Couldn't we just bump Korinov's old thread, but include the information regarding substitutions, goals, assists and whatnot like you have? It'd be far more convenient considering there's already a whole collection of matches linked to the other thread.
His TS is 83, big deal. Arguing for 79 is whiny.
BelloMina
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby BelloMina » 2013 May 14, 18:32

People give your opinion ?
Last edited by BelloMina on 2014 Jun 18, 23:25, edited 1 time in total.
Yazid
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Yazid » 2013 Dec 10, 10:52

Didn't know where to post this, but here is a website with lots of historical matches great for the classic section.

http://www.4dfoot.com/full-classic-matches/
lrag
PSD Youth League

Postby lrag » 2014 Jan 02, 18:46

ESPN will transmit 1994 wc final , 1986 brasil vs france wc match and other WC historical matches this week , check out your local listings if you are interested
BelloMina
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby BelloMina » 2014 Jun 18, 23:20

Spain 1 - 5 Netherlands

STADIUM
City: Salvador
Arena Fonte Nova
Around 51.900 spectators.

TACTICS

Spain 1

Coach: _esp Vicente Del Bosque

LINE-UP
GK: Iker Casillas Image 65' (captain)
RB: César Azpilicueta
CB: Piqué
CB: Sergio Ramos
LB: Jordi Alba
CMF: Xabi Alonso Image 62'
DMF: Sergio Busquets
CMF: Xavi Hernández
RMF: Andrés Iniesta
LMF: David Silva Image 78'
CF: Diego Costa Image 62'

SUBSTITUTES
Fernando Torres Image 62'
Pedro Rodríguez Image 62'
Cesc Fàbregas Image 78'

GOALS:
Xabi Alonso Image 27' PK

Netherlands 5

Coach: _ned Louis Van Gaal

LINE-UP
GK: Jasper Cillessen
RB: Daryl Janmaat
CB: Stefan de Vrij Image 41' Image 77'
CB: Ron Vlaar
CB: Bruno Martins Indi
LB: Daley Blind
DMF: Nigel de Jong
CMF: Jonathan de Guzmán Image 25' Image 62'
AMF: Wesley Sneijder
SS: Arjen Robben
CF: Robin van Persie (captain) Image 66' Image 79'

SUBSTITUTES
Joël Veltman Image 62'
Jeremain Lens Image 77'
Georginio Wijnaldum Image 79'

GOALS:
Robin van Persie Image44'
Arjen Robben Image 53'
Stefan de Vrij Image 64'
Robin van Persie Image 72'
Arjen Robben Image 80'

MATCH SUMMARY

Two goals apiece for the attacking duo and a tap-in from Stefan de Vrij left Vicente del Bosque's men totally torn apart in the first game of their title defence.

The Netherlands gained a measure of revenge for a FIFA World Cup final loss four years ago by demolishing Spain 5-1 on Friday.

Andres Iniesta scored in extra time to give Spain a 1-0 win and the trophy in South Africa four years ago, and it appeared the same result was on the cards in Salvador when Xabi Alonso powered home a first-half penalty.

But the Netherlands hit back in stunning fashion, with Robin van Persie and Arjen Robben in scintillating form.

Van Persie levelled matters with a fabulous header on the stroke of halftime, before Robben - who fatefully missed a one-on-one with Iker Casillas in the 2010 final - gave Louis van Gaal's side the lead eight minutes after the interval.

Things went from bad to worse for Spain when Stefan de Vrij nodded home a third on 64 minutes, before Van Persie and Robben netted again to complete a remarkable rout in Group B's opening fixture and cast further doubt over Spain's chances of winning a fourth straight major tournament.

Spain boss Vicente del Bosque forewent the temptation to start with Cesc Fabregas in the false-nine role that was so successful during UEFA Euro 2012, instead choosing Diego Costa as an out-and-out striker.

Costa's impact on the system was evident, too, as Spain opted for a more direct approach than in previous tournaments.

It was the Netherlands which created the first opening, Robben's inch-perfect through ball finding Wesley Sneijder, only for the playmaker - making his 100th international appearance - to shoot straight at Casillas.

Costa then spurned a couple of half-openings as Spain began to find its feet and the Netherlands' defending became increasingly desperate.

It was a last-ditch tackle that led to the opener, De Vrij's sliding challenge bringing down the lively Costa - with Alonso coolly converting from the spot.

Van Gaal's side enjoyed a good spell thereafter, but Spain threatened again on the stroke of halftime as Jasper Cillessen kept out David Silva's cute dink following a stunning Iniesta pass.

That miss would become all the more important soon after, Van Persie looping a superb diving header over Casillas after being picked out by Daley Blind's sumptuous long, diagonal ball.

Picking up where they left off, the Dutch went ahead soon after the break.

Another searching Blind delivery found Robben, who controlled and turned Gerard Pique before slotting home.

Spain suddenly had no answer to Holland's new-found verve, Van Persie rattling the crossbar with a vicious strike.

The woodwork could not save Del Bosque's men soon after, though, as De Vrij atoned for his earlier misstep by heading Sniejder's deep free kick in off the post.

Spain captain Casillas was visibly rattled, and an uncharacteristic sloppy error from him 18 minutes from time enabled Van Persie to notch his second goal of the game.

The Netherlands was not finished there, as Casillas was forced to pick the ball out of the net again as the irresistible Robben took advantage of more lax defending to race clear and round off a scarcely believable result.
Source:

MEDIA

Spain 1 - 5 Netherlands

Return to “Classics”