I'm going to go over a few slight changes.
1. No more as albo puts it "mongolese maradonas". This means, we shall try to tone down on the ridiculous sets for players from obscure countries that are apparently world beaters, yet no ones ever heard of them, players who you can't even find videos or pictures of. Well, this one won't be put into affect right away until Breeza gives the go ahead, but will most likely be happening in the future.
2. EDIT:For the time being, the classic section is closed from posting new players, exceptions for long time contributors. Please use the alternative stat section instead.
Sets will from now on be posted in the "New Classic Players" thread. The reasons for this are. Well, how it currently works is: anybody regardless of who they are can post a set of an obscure player, and have it approved or dissaproved. Now as myself and Albo don't know every player of all time, it would be really wrong to accept a set which could very well be wrong... just because we havn't heard of the player. That will create more and more inaccurate sets in the section. And of course the opposite is true, denying a set just because we don't know the player, would be just as bad.. it could very well be an excellent set. The problem here lies in... only mods can view the set. What we want to do is have it so everyone on the entire board can view a set and share their input on whether it's worth approving and moving to the main site.
For example; Someone post's a Uruguayan player... I've never heard of him, nor Albo. We see this player, but don't have the knowledge on whether it's accurate or not, approving or denying without knowledge is a bad idea. But perhaps a Urguayn member such as tasmin knows this player.... well now he can see the player's stats in the "New Classic Players Thread" and deem whether the set is acceptable or not. This will allow the entire board to to give info on a player before it's approved and help us to keep the section from being filled up with inaccurate set's or denying perfectly acceptable set's.
3. No more waltzing into a thread and posting your version of a player with inaccurate, over-rated and un-explained sets. If I see any of these, I will delete them. How it's been in the past is, these sets are just left there and anyone not in the know, will see these sets and think they are accurate, and use them. You can still post sets of course. But put a little effort into them. A little explanation goes a long way, you don't have to write an essay, just the bare minimum. ( A little lean way will be given to respected and regular contributors of the forum as we already know they produce quality work)
If I see the set is accurate I will approve it and move it to the main site and first post, you will be given credits of course.
4. If you want to suggest a change, please, please explain yourself. Again you don't need to write an essay, a simple explanation is more than enough, just make one. Seeing stuff like over/under-rated! Not this fast! 95 res, 95 agi, 96 da , gives us nothing to work with. And serves no real purpose other than creating unnecessary spam.
5. Please try not to be a zealot. It's really hard to have an accurate database when someone insists a certain player is just the best at ever at everything!!!! With no real reasoning other than that, and over-hyping the slightest things to try give them all 99's.
6. Be respectful to all posters and please refrain from personal attacks or insinuations. We want to discuss matters in as civil a way as possible.
7. Do not attempt to derail a thread intentionally.
If you go against these rules, expect your post to be modified or deleted.
We will be trying to update as many players as possible to the new site. If theres a player you want updated to the new format right awau, PM or leave a post here. Keep in mind it does take time though, and is a lot of work. We will be reguarly updating players. Don't think your suggestions will fall on deaf ears, if you follow the rules within this thread, and make reasonable suggestions, changes can be made.
If theres any suggestions for the classic section you may have, or any problems you have with these rules. Please let us know here. We want to change the classic section around for the better, it's a real shame to have so little attention and so much in accuracy among the past greats, and we'll try our best to change this.