New Mods, New Rules

Moderators: josev, BigStu, Fixer, lucashag, Adrien, Albo7, Korinov, jurgens, Brezza

jurgens
Clear

New Mods, New Rules

Postby jurgens » 2011 Jul 28, 17:31

I'll start this of by saying Albo7 and myself have been made new mods of the classic section. As we are both quite passionate about the players of yesteryear and are tired of the classic section being utterly abandoned and laughed at, we've decided we want to change how things are handeled in the classic section. I know it's being a bit extreme shoving rules in your face without even one day into job, but if the classic section is to be changed for the better, we've both come to the conclusion this is very much so nessacry.

I'm going to go over a few slight changes.

1. No more as albo puts it "mongolese maradonas". This means, we shall try to tone down on the ridiculous sets for players from obscure countries that are apparently world beaters, yet no ones ever heard of them, players who you can't even find videos or pictures of. Well, this one won't be put into affect right away until Breeza gives the go ahead, but will most likely be happening in the future.

2. EDIT:For the time being, the classic section is closed from posting new players, exceptions for long time contributors. Please use the alternative stat section instead.

Sets will from now on be posted in the "New Classic Players" thread. The reasons for this are. Well, how it currently works is: anybody regardless of who they are can post a set of an obscure player, and have it approved or dissaproved. Now as myself and Albo don't know every player of all time, it would be really wrong to accept a set which could very well be wrong... just because we havn't heard of the player. That will create more and more inaccurate sets in the section. And of course the opposite is true, denying a set just because we don't know the player, would be just as bad.. it could very well be an excellent set. The problem here lies in... only mods can view the set. What we want to do is have it so everyone on the entire board can view a set and share their input on whether it's worth approving and moving to the main site.

For example; Someone post's a Uruguayan player... I've never heard of him, nor Albo. We see this player, but don't have the knowledge on whether it's accurate or not, approving or denying without knowledge is a bad idea. But perhaps a Urguayn member such as tasmin knows this player.... well now he can see the player's stats in the "New Classic Players Thread" and deem whether the set is acceptable or not. This will allow the entire board to to give info on a player before it's approved and help us to keep the section from being filled up with inaccurate set's or denying perfectly acceptable set's.

3. No more waltzing into a thread and posting your version of a player with inaccurate, over-rated and un-explained sets. If I see any of these, I will delete them. How it's been in the past is, these sets are just left there and anyone not in the know, will see these sets and think they are accurate, and use them. You can still post sets of course. But put a little effort into them. A little explanation goes a long way, you don't have to write an essay, just the bare minimum. ( A little lean way will be given to respected and regular contributors of the forum as we already know they produce quality work)
If I see the set is accurate I will approve it and move it to the main site and first post, you will be given credits of course.

4. If you want to suggest a change, please, please explain yourself. Again you don't need to write an essay, a simple explanation is more than enough, just make one. Seeing stuff like over/under-rated! Not this fast! 95 res, 95 agi, 96 da , gives us nothing to work with. And serves no real purpose other than creating unnecessary spam.

5. Please try not to be a zealot. It's really hard to have an accurate database when someone insists a certain player is just the best at ever at everything!!!! With no real reasoning other than that, and over-hyping the slightest things to try give them all 99's.

6. Be respectful to all posters and please refrain from personal attacks or insinuations. We want to discuss matters in as civil a way as possible.

7. Do not attempt to derail a thread intentionally.

If you go against these rules, expect your post to be modified or deleted.

We will be trying to update as many players as possible to the new site. If theres a player you want updated to the new format right awau, PM or leave a post here. Keep in mind it does take time though, and is a lot of work. We will be reguarly updating players. Don't think your suggestions will fall on deaf ears, if you follow the rules within this thread, and make reasonable suggestions, changes can be made.

If theres any suggestions for the classic section you may have, or any problems you have with these rules. Please let us know here. We want to change the classic section around for the better, it's a real shame to have so little attention and so much in accuracy among the past greats, and we'll try our best to change this.

julgui
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: New Mods/ New Rules

Postby julgui » 2011 Jul 28, 17:44

Good news. Congratulations to albo and Jurgens, They have deserved it. However, I still think that even missing the "view" of some Latin American mainly little-known players
Señor Ascenso | Mr. Lower Leagues
ballmer
Valued Contributor

Postby ballmer » 2011 Jul 28, 18:27

:) Yes, congratulations! Really looking forward to seeing a healthy revamp of the classics section!
Albo7

Postby Albo7 » 2011 Jul 29, 08:37

One more thing jurgens forgot to mention, no more personal updates of the players you have posted, coz that's ridiculous, if you want to update that player, you need to ask for the update in the topic, and after you receive our "ok", you can go on with the update. If you don't do this, you lose the first post.
Image TROLL KING Image

Brezza

Postby Brezza » 2011 Jul 29, 20:31

Welcome aboard guys :) I'm liking the initiative so far. Like I said in the overhaul thread this should now be a good chance to review which stats are needed and those that aren't, so these "mongolese maradonas" that look overrated and have little very information and are unlikely ever to be updated should probably be deleted in all honestly.

I'll compile a list of players up for review .
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2011 Sep 09, 21:21

I do not know where to best ask this question, since much of the classic managment has posted in this thread, here it will be asked.

I noticed that when I submitted my two most recent sets that Albo7 modified them to the new format (I assume for that ladder on the 'main page'), no problem there - in the future I will attempt to submit sets in that format - but I was wondering if the Consistency value can be kept, tucked under the Growth Type? I see that the Growth Type is located under a dividing line with the INFO section in both posts, I assume the ladder thing does not read it, so it may be safe to place a value like Consistency underneath. I do not know for sure but I like to think some people still play one of the older PES versions where the value can be changed via editor - so in that case it still is an important stat to those people, just as much as Growth Type is to everyone.

Example:
MOTION STYLE:

ATTACK / DEFENCE AWARENESS: DEF

Growth Type: Late Peak
Consistency: 7

INFO:
Roman Korynt was born in Tczew, his parents had emigrated from

jurgens wrote:1. No more as albo puts it "mongolese maradonas".

Since it is not in effect right away Im going to sneak in a sort of "Polish Pele", Alcholmicide's gonna have a stroke at the REDZ. :lol:
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2011 Sep 13, 14:37

It's fine to edit into your threads a consistency value. It's not in the editor though, so it's something you will have to add in yourself.

Breeza/Albo, could you pin this thread please? can't figure out how :lol:
GoodOldClassical
New Contributor

Re: New Mods, New Rules

Postby GoodOldClassical » 2011 Oct 24, 15:04

Hi there:

First of all, let me adress the necessary congrats for the task you boys have put yourselves in.
If you suceed, it will be everyone's sucess and that's something worth mentioning.

I want to help with my knowledge.

I am Classical, and have posted several players as well as impressions, feedbacks and generally added some value to the classic section.

Enough of auto praising, I just want to ask if you can give me the ownership of the players I've created so I can edit them to fit new parameters as well as to be able to reply/post in a more efficient way. I've done a lot of players since most of Sporting Clube de Portugal All Stars to some individuals like Rijkaard, Littbarsky or Ruggeri.

For example, due to my more than one year absence, it is natural that I've lost track of some threads. Take the Balakov one, for example, now that I've come back I really don't like to have my values changed on that thread without warning and redeemed as "ridiculous" but that's something I have to accept due to my absence. I now want to be able to follow my previous work and be able to, in a colective way of sharing, add my perceptions (as always) to improve the players data set avoiding further hidden editings.

Please feedback, friends.

Salutions
Sometimes you get submerged by emotion. I think it's very important to express it - which doesn't necessarily mean hitting someone.
Eric Cantona
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2011 Oct 24, 19:41

avoiding further hidden editings.

Please don't make this into something it wasn't. There was no "hidden update" for him. As was mentioned in the topic the first post needed changes, Albo posted his set, and after no replies, updated to it. Telling everyone he updated the set. That is not hidden. It's impossible to make "hidden" updates now anyways, as the front page displays all updates.

I just want to ask if you can give me the ownership of the players I've created so I can edit them to fit new parameters as well as to be able to reply/post in a more efficient way.

Albo7 wrote:One more thing jurgens forgot to mention, no more personal updates of the players you have posted, coz that's ridiculous, if you want to update that player, you need to ask for the update in the topic, and after you receive our "ok", you can go on with the update. If you don't do this, you lose the first post.

Please keep this in mind. As for sets created by you... Why don't you just have nrby retrieve your old pass? You don't need the correct email, I had my account re-activated with out it after talking to nrby. Or if your fine with that account, just give me a list of the players you created and I'll change the first post to your new account.
Albo7

Postby Albo7 » 2011 Oct 24, 20:50

GoodOldClassical wrote:For example, due to my more than one year absence, it is natural that I've lost track of some threads. Take the Balakov one, for example, now that I've come back I really don't like to have my values changed on that thread without warning and redeemed as "ridiculous" but that's something I have to accept due to my absence. I now want to be able to follow my previous work and be able to, in a colective way of sharing, add my perceptions (as always) to improve the players data set avoiding further hidden editings.

That's the way we work now. I found that set quite ridiculous, because it was outdated, and had some guessed stats, I posted my set, nobody replied, I updated it. We don't work anymore with the former formalities and "waiting" for users to reply 3 months after there are sets posted, suggestions are done, or compromises are made. If we are sure about one update, and there is no reply, we update it.
Image TROLL KING Image

GoodOldClassical
New Contributor

Postby GoodOldClassical » 2011 Oct 24, 22:42

Yes I understand and that's what I am referring, no problem with your action as it was a needed one.

I don't like to be named ridiculous but that's a different topic, one I'm sure I will have more than time to expose my perceptions and share with all of you my knowledge.

I can have different perceptions from you, but I didn't guess stats (if you - as a mod - take the time to read some of all the players I've created you'll see I refer wether I've seen them play or not - and Balakov I did see him play live, and now yes, it is an easy guess to say I've seen it more than you, even despite the fact you're bulgarian, my exalted friend) so I'm just asking for you to don't treat me as a new guy trying to say rubish stuff just because. Please check my past work - that will give you a better insight and probably make you adopt a more diplomatic way of communication which will serve you and us, as a community, much better.

This said, my question remains, can any of you get, as a mod, grant me acess to my threads? Just to avoid more of those situations as you have to agree it is uncofortable.

Remember, I want to help, not guess.

Cheers
Sometimes you get submerged by emotion. I think it's very important to express it - which doesn't necessarily mean hitting someone.
Eric Cantona
Albo7

Postby Albo7 » 2011 Oct 25, 11:21

It's childish arguing on who has watched a X player more, as neither I or you know how much the other has watched about him.
I felt that set was ridiculous, I posted my set, as I have with the other bulgarian players, no one replied, so I updated the player. If you have got any problem with my Balakov set, go to the Balakov thread and post your opinions there. I will be happy to reply each and every one of your comments, as this is not the place to argue about the Balakov set. I don't have to read all your posts, I read one, I considered it was wrong and since I already wasted time on gathering material and watching old matches, I updated it. What should I had done? Wait for 3 months till you gave me a reply? That's not the way how the classics work now.

Even if you get access to your old threads, you wont be able to do much, as due to the new editor only the mods are able to update players. You'd be able just to post the info and Videos, or Additional links. So it would be a waste of time for either me or jurgens giving you access to your old threads, while you'd be able to do just that.
Image TROLL KING Image

GoodOldClassical
New Contributor

Postby GoodOldClassical » 2011 Oct 25, 13:46

You are correct and I went never against that logic: you didn't agree, you suggested values, no reply so you've updated it.
No problem with that as that is the correct approach a mod should have.

The only point here is your communication as I feel it a little bit agressive for someone who should focus on agregating toughts and ideas (a forum is a community, afterall) and not segregating.

But let's end this arguing here. I will comply with your directions and will adress my opinions in the correct place and then we'll see if we can reach an agreement or not. As usually, I will backup my ideas with logic reasoning, facts and if possible videos or chronicles.

I regret loosing the acess to my old threads but if that is the ruling, it is the ruling. You mods have extra work this way, tough, don't you think?

Please ask for my help in particular sections if you feel the need to. I can be a good added value in some areas, specially related to Portuguese Clubs.

Cheers,
(good old) Classical
Eric Cantona
Albo7

Postby Albo7 » 2011 Oct 25, 17:53

GoodOldClassical wrote:
The only point here is your communication as I feel it a little bit agressive for someone who should focus on agregating toughts and ideas (a forum is a community, afterall) and not segregating.

Yeah I am like that every once in a while, and I am sorry, my purpose was never to insult anybody. I know I'm a bit agressive with my ways, and I will be working on fixing that.

I regret loosing the acess to my old threads but if that is the ruling, it is the ruling. You mods have extra work this way, tough, don't you think?

Well, it wasn't and still isn't our decision.

Please ask for my help in particular sections if you feel the need to. I can be a good added value in some areas, specially related to Portuguese Clubs.

I'll be sure to do that. Any help with the classics would be appreciated.
Image TROLL KING Image

GoodOldClassical
New Contributor

Postby GoodOldClassical » 2011 Oct 25, 20:24

:D cheers, let's work now
Eric Cantona

Return to “Classics”