CF: Raúl Ruidíaz/Will Bruin

Captain: Alonso
Short Free Kick: Rodríguez / Lodeiro
Long Free Kick: Lodeiro
Free Kick 2: Ruidíaz
Left Corner: Lodeiro
Right Corner: Lodeiro
Penalty: Lodeiro

Players to go up: Marshall, Torres (when he plays)

Oriello

Re: Seattle Sounders FC - Formation & Tactics / Team Discussion Thread

Postby Oriello » 2018 Oct 28, 22:55

I'll post their boring 4-2-3-1 formation later, but again they managed another late season run, won 14 of their last 16 games, were near bottom of the Western table mid-season, now 2nd, they are in scary form for playoffs.
Vickingo

Postby Vickingo » 2019 Feb 22, 04:48

Nacional beated 2-0 Seattle in an unusual international friendly. Bergessio and Rodríguez scored the goals:
Spoiler: show

I mean unusual because it's not common to watch MLS teams vs Southamerican teams. I'm the one who supports the idea of incorporate MLS and MX teams to Copa Libertadores. It would be really great for both parts to increase the level and competition. It's true it's very different from Europa because of the huge distances between USA and Argentina and other countries, but still i'd love to watch a Godoy Cruz vs Montreal Impact played in Mendoza, Argentina or in Canada. It'd be great to international competition and more $$ and more attractive to all.
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2019 Feb 23, 15:55

I tried to find the fullmatch, only found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdqB12EeGk8 its the final half hour of the match. Meredith. Bwana and Wingo played, players I am keen to see more of to make stats - and Wingo played RB??!?! New and interesting development for him, in USL was used as a deeper playmaker and was one of the worst passers I ever seen get paid money to play football lol, misplaced all the time.

Libertadores I read it's named for all the liberators that gained independence in the Americas, that's fine for U.S. teams, but Canada negotiated themselves away from British control - still have Queen on our money and need permission to pass laws (formality), unfortunately Montreal would be imposters :P

Seriously though there is the issue of different seasons, any games in the mid-west or north-east are likely to be played on frozen ground and sub-zero temperatures (Montreal especially :D), until at least mid-March. Also MLS would probably need to shift it's season to better lineup with Libertadores dates, so teams have time to gel and be competitive, as even now in CONCACAF CL every MLS team is playing first competitive match vs others in the middle of their season...teams like Atlanta and New England share stadiums with American Football teams so moving MLS season would maybe be a problem for some (Atlanta will play "Home" CCL game in some tiny stadium as their normal stadium hosting monster trucks lol, so priority always given for non-football stuff).

I would also like MLS teams to first be able to actually win CCL, rather than only be finalists. As I don't want them to override spots for South American teams traditionally in the competition, and dilute the quality. But in principle, aside from the challenges of distance and seasons, I too would enjoy seeing a MLS (and MX) teams attempt Libertadores. I actually think it might be best to have an invited team just to try out the waters, see how well or badly they perform, and if it will cripple their domestic season - as MLS teams lack depth in squads and suffer when they try to compete in multiple areas. It would have been cool to see for example LAFC invited, they did not manage to qualify for CCL, but are a quality side, very entertaining, have a many fans able to travel and support the team (huge portion of their fan base is Latino)

Another issue might be FIFA, will they accept both MX and MLS in South American competition that later competes in Club World Cup, so will then CCL be left only to Central American and Caribbean teams? Or would it bother them that National Teams and club teams are not playing in same region?

Return to “Seattle Sounders FC”