Roman Torres

Moderators: Oriello, Mod's

PES Stats Database

Roman Torres

Postby PES Stats Database » 2014 Aug 24, 05:23

chamakh

Re: Roman Torres, Millionarios

Postby chamakh » 2015 Aug 12, 21:35

Move him to _usa Seattle Sounders, CONCACAF section.

http://www.soundersfc.com/post/2015/08/ ... A0n-torres

Even fix his id in the DB, please.
Akephalos

Re: Roman Torres, Seattle Sounders

Postby Akephalos » 2018 Jun 12, 22:52

Well, I think this is outdated, but showed how a decent defender Torres was when he played in Colombia. These last matchesI've seen that Torres really lacks of response, like he actually makes no effort to intercept any pass or react to any shoot. Now he is so unagile he never tries to react, like he wants the ball magically appear really near him to actually do a defensive movement.

Even a lot of people says he is the hero of Panama, for that goal he scored I don't think he is as important as Baloy is in defensive work.I think he had quite an impressive injury record, maybe his form and IT can have some tweaks.

My take:

DEF: 76-77
STA: 75-77
Response: 70-72
Agility: 65-66

About his TS and ACC, i don't think he is slow, but he doesn't deserve those values anymore. Both white numbers IMO, I think maybe 72 for TS and 69-70 for ACC would be nice.
You might have been a fancyman in Heaven, but down here you are nothing next to Axe!
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2018 Jun 19, 00:44

Akephalos, I like the numbers you suggested, I've seen him only a bit this season and otherwise only a few times vs TFC and for Panama, but the overall profile you post goes with what I've seen of him.

I don't know him too well but I think some other areas could be adjusted a bit, LPA and TW lower but Jump maybe boosted, he is pretty dominant in getting to crosses..maybe header and Jump could be swapped a bit more dominant to getting to balls on set pieces though meybe not an 80 Header in accuracy/technique?

Injury Tolerance, at Seattle he has had constant injuries not sure he has had full season of appearances. He is a reliable/powerful defender when he is fit he plays but that is not always the case unfortuately for Seattle.

Had an okay game vs Belgium, was a bit slow as you pointed out and he sort of was lax in keeping the offside trap intact, I was actually more impressed by Fidel Escober (of NY Red Bulls) for a young CB did well vs so many talented attackers. Was hoping Torres would match up with Lukaku to see if his BB is still 88 or more, as with Altidore (90) he managed to keep him in check when they faced off. Hope to see more of him in WC.

Apparently he is the heaviest player at the WC at 218 lbs /91 kg, was told this fact at a news conference so he pulled up his shirt https://twitter.com/RanaMatiusCAI/statu ... ference-de
Akephalos

Postby Akephalos » 2018 Jun 19, 04:14

I agree, he could have some changes in Header and Jump. I was expecting to see Baloy with Torres and also was kinda surprised Panamá didn't play 5-4-1 as they used to play a lot in friendlies.
You might have been a fancyman in Heaven, but down here you are nothing next to Axe!
Oriello

Re: Roman Torres

Postby Oriello » 2018 Dec 22, 07:49

https://youtu.be/IJOj9Ao7LbY?t=52 forgets the ball
FALLING OVER https://youtu.be/uYs-TsCGeAU?t=221 he can't turn gracefully, this is not the first time I seen him fall on his ass whilst trying to run and turn (forgot to copy links of other times)
https://youtu.be/J1BFdl7L4XU?t=167 another mistake, poor touch

Went thorugh past two seasons, he was a real clumsy defender through out, rarely stood out in a good way, I would say his physical threat is more useful in attack - there were a few times that when Seattle favoured their long throw tactic either wing, he would roam near opposition box to be a statue to aim at to get a flick on (since barely anyone could move him once he plants himself). Very sloppy defender, tries a lot, just makes wrong choices quite a bit.

Injury Tolerance should be C due to recent injury spells.

Does Acrobat clearances

I think Agility should be 56 or some absurd number, I've never seen a player fall so often whilst trying to turn at speed - so uncoordinated - needs some penalty and this the only thing I can think off - I want him to do something similar in PES ... maybe Agility 1 lol.

Aggression can be low 70s, moves into midfield quite a bit and has a habit/plan of going wide right and making decent crosses into the box when Seattle are desperate for a goal. I would maybe also add *Side simply to try and get that behaviour in game.

Other than that I am going to update him to Akephalos' numbers tomorrow...The TS I can still see 75 over a very long run of 20-20 meters when he scrambles to get back, he has some "pace", he more so struggles in close range marking and adjustments in small spaces, he is just to damn big and heavy.
Akephalos

Postby Akephalos » 2018 Dec 23, 07:35

I simple can't agree with this last update, it seems like the current set was made when Torres was playing in Colombia in his prime days lmao

Like you said, Oriello, Torres is very clumsy, extremely unagile.

He really, really lacks of Response IMO.
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2018 Dec 23, 16:54

:lol: I did no update yet, that was 3 am when I posted that I would update to your values (the low ones), I needed sleep and wanted to play around with him in PES to try and see him with absurd Agility values.

Use this page https://pesstatsdatabase.com/PSD/Update ... ?Club=1335 " Ctrl + F " and enter name of player to be sure a player was updated, :) , last update here was Drop Kick style being changed to 0.
Akephalos

Postby Akephalos » 2018 Dec 23, 21:07

Noted, thanks.

I said that because it says last update was 2 months ago hahaha
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2018 Dec 28, 18:52

uPDATED.

Gave him low Agility as a penalty for how many time s he falls over trying to turn. In new gen PES Explosive Power is tied in with Acceleration possibly? If so you can change the value to high 60s.

I think the pic shows how rotund he is (he is jacked with muscle not a fat ass, took his shirt off in WC press conference when a soyboy journalist made fun of him for being the heaviest player at the WC), and why he struggles to be nimble/agile.

Tries/applies himself a lot to try and solve situations, either running down players or trying to get a goal for the team - gave him "fighting spirit" card due to this and that he seems to sometimes be worn down but continues to push. Mentality dropped though due to lapses in focus leading to goals.
Jean_PS

Postby Jean_PS » 2018 Dec 29, 04:10

Oriello wrote:uPDATED.
Gave him low Agility as a penalty for how many time s he falls over trying to turn. In new gen PES Explosive Power is tied in with Acceleration possibly? If so you can change the value to high 60s.

I think the pic shows how rotund he is (he is jacked with muscle not a fat ass, took his shirt off in WC press conference when a soyboy journalist made fun of him for being the heaviest player at the WC), and why he struggles to be nimble/agile.

I would like to make a suggestion on the Body Balance of Roman Towers. Konami attributes 92 to him in this regard and this value I use in my game and I like the results.
As you mentioned, Oriello, he was able to contain Altidore who has 90 in Body Balance and a Top Speed value better than that of Roman Towers.
Considering the drastic response he has to the whole, I think it would be a compensation for his style of strong and physical marking.
At first I found the value of agility strange, but since you explained the reasons well, there seems to be some reason. Although that is extremely low. The roughest players, so to speak, usually have 55.
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2018 Dec 29, 04:42

I think your right here, Altidore has the speed advantage and it may have been what seemed like he had the better of Torres in open play, but in more static situations Altidore could not get rid of him .. it also did not help to evaluate that Altidore has that Malicia card active non stop and likes to dive sometimes excessively. At just raw strength Torres is probably at that level, especially if he does not have to be mobile to use it.

On discord Ocrin/Elven Bolton mentioned Body Control has impact outside of dribbling, so I lowered it to 50 (there is some Turkish player on 40 but has no posts/description), he is now one of the lowest on PSD. I did not want to go too low as I don't have a game in which to test how those values actually play in PES, but just by comparing him to most default CBs rated at 60, Torres is easily 10 points lower.
Akephalos

Postby Akephalos » 2018 Dec 31, 17:02

I like this update, nice job Oriello

Return to “Seattle Sounders FC”