Matteo Darmian

Moderators: antony, Epsi, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Matteo Darmian

Postby PES Stats Database » 2009 Feb 01, 10:27

Last edited by Anonymous on 2009 Jul 04, 10:36, edited 4 times in total.
jurgens
Clear

Re: Matteo Darmian

Postby jurgens » 2016 May 07, 18:26

is he really this strong, this fast, this aggressive, this present in attack, this good a passer? I don't know, I feel hes a solid defender with alot of stamina, good team player, I don't see the rest.
Ramindbroken
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ramindbroken » 2016 May 07, 19:48

I was going to say something similar, I've been following him since he joined United and this set makes him look too well rounded for me.
Welbeck19
Valued Contributor

Postby Welbeck19 » 2016 May 07, 20:28

At Torino I'd say he was, but certainly not at United. For the first month or so he was superb and was one of their best outfield players, but his performances dropped big time after that and have never truly recovered to the extent that he was showing early on.Although I'm sure LVG's constant moving of him from RB to LB to being on the bench and repeat have zapped most if not all confidence he had before coming here. Under a different manager who isn't an egotistical douche, who still thinks they are one of the best mangers in the world we may see what he's truly capable of.I think a form downgrade for now may be okay depending on how serious the injury he suffered today is. As he may well be a different proposition with the national team. Though that's not to say I'm in anyway against a downgrade either, it's just that it wouldn't be the first time under this regime that a player hasn't looked anywhere near this good only for them to move on and show their true capabilities somewhere else. If changes are to be needed now then based on what I've seen I'd go with:

ATT 73>70
LPA 82>79
LPS 80=77/78
EP 79>75/76
TS 84>82
ACC 82>79/80
Form 7>5

Aggression could possibly go into low yellows or high greens and ATT and DEF awareness could switch from a 3/3 to either a 2/2 or 2/3.
petreleo
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby petreleo » 2016 May 09, 14:20

Matteo is a decent aggressive, defensive and tough Full-Back, with significantly limited on-the-ball and creative abilities, as well as attacking drive.
He is not the best man-marker in defending, and not even the cleanest of tacklers, but his tackling is brave, tough and in the majority of cases, effective, and this is one of his biggest assets, in my opinion. Defence is fine as it currently stands, but his Attack value should definitely be lowered to 70 (-3).
As I have already mentioned above, his on-the-ball technical skills are really limited. His Dribble Accuracy and Short-Passing are fine as they currently stand, but his Ball Control is definitely below the 80s, more like 77(-3), a bit higher than his Dribbling stats. Also, I see no reason what so ever to have him at a so high Teamwork value. Based on the above, I would lower his Teamwork to about 77 (-5), to limit his involvement and influence in the attacking build-up of the team.
On the other hand, his Long-Passing, in regards to long-balls being played forward, and over-the-top long-passes, is pretty good and his biggest asset going forward in my opinion, and it reminds me a bit of Leicester's Albrighton ability to play over-the-top long-passes to the likes of Vardy and Mahrez in the counter-attack. Having said that, his Crossing ability looks mediocre at best, in my opinion. His Crosses have just decent pace on them, and no spectacular accuracy on them. I don't know how to replicate good Long-Passing, but average Crossing ability. Maybe, by keeping his Long-Passing stats as they currently are, but lower his Swerve to 66 (-6)?
About, his Speed Stats, well, he has really good Sprinting Speed, but other than that he is really average. Not clever at all to have Response at 80s, and he is relatively slow for his position in moving with the ball, turning and dribbling-past opponents. Something like: Response: 78 (-4), Explosive Power: 76 (-3), and Dribble Speed: 76 (-2).
Darmian has good fitness levels and he is a relatively mobile player, but his current Stamina value is too much. Stamina: 85 (-3), seems fine for him.
The Box-to-Box and Offensive Sideback cards should be removed in my opinion, as he hasn't showed that he is worthy of these cards, more than players like Luke Shaw and Guilhermo Varela would be, and similarly his Aggression should also be lowered to be at best 80 (-4), and also his Attack Awareness should be lowered to 2 (-1), to make him less of an attacking-threat, making less attacking runs. Whether his Defensive Awareness should also be lowered accordingly, is debatable.
Moreover, his Form should definitely be lowered to 4 (-3) or 5 (-2), according to this Season's performances for Manchester United. Matteo started the Season so well in the Pre-Season Friendlies and in the first few Official Matches, but then the level of his performances fell so much, having also suffered some injuries, resulting to him losing his starting spot to the likes of Ashley Young and Guilhermo Varela, only to re-claim his starting-spot recently with some improved performances, and sharing it with Antonio Valencia, and then to be injured again in the last Weekend and possibly missing the Euros.
Finally, I really believe that he is stronger than this. As I have already mentioned, he is an aggressive, tough and strong Full-Back, in relation to his size, and rarely losing 1v1 physical battles. His Body Balance, in my opinion, should be raised to 82 (+1) or 83 (+2). Adding to that, although not using it very often, his Left-Foot is more accurate than average, and I would go for Weak Foot Accuracy: 5 (+1).
Welbeck19
Valued Contributor

Postby Welbeck19 » 2016 May 09, 16:55

I've made changes to the set and I agree with most of your assessment and thoughts. For Long passing and crossing in particular I think the best option is to reduce the accuracy to high greens whilst increasing LPS to 82/83 could represent him better. I'm not sure if the reduction in curve would have too much effect on crossing overall though as you've said it's more to do with the accuracy of the cross rather than the swerve of it. i think what I've said in the last sentence may be the best option as something like 78/79 LPA could still allow for some decent long passing from him while also taking away somewhat from his crossing abilities. In any case I'm more than happy to be corrected on this and rectify it if needed.
petreleo

Postby petreleo » 2016 May 09, 17:19

Welbeck19 wrote:I've made changes to the set and I agree with most of your assessment and thoughts. For Long passing and crossing in particular I think the best option is to reduce the accuracy to high greens whilst increasing LPS to 82/83 could represent him better. I'm not sure if the reduction in curve would have too much effect on crossing overall though as you've said it's more to do with the accuracy of the cross rather than the swerve of it. i think what I've said in the last sentence may be the best option as something like 78/79 LPA could still allow for some decent long passing from him while also taking away somewhat from his crossing abilities. In any case I'm more than happy to be corrected on this and rectify it if needed.

In the case of the Pinpoint Pass Card not allowed to be given to Full-Backs, I would like to test him with the Early Cross Card and the changes you have suggested for LPA& LPS, with which I agree. Maybe, in the absence of the Offensive Sideback Card, in combination with lower values for Aggression and Attacking Awareness, the Early Cross Card will make him attempt more Long-Passes from deep areas, in the same way the Pinpoint Pass Card makes Midfielders attempt long-balls forward, while the reduction in his Long Pass Accuracy will make him a less effective and less dangerous crosser.

Also, I would recommend that you have a better look at his Weak Foot Accuracy value, in regards to what I have said about it in my previous post "... although not using it very often, his Left-Foot is more accurate than average, and I would go for Weak Foot Accuracy: 5 (+1)... ", for example, his Left-Footed Volley goal Vs Crystal Palace: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYnujP2WLPo

Finally, in my opinion, the reduction he was given in Top Speed, might be just a little bit harsh for him. He might be a slow and ineffective dribbler, with slow turns on-the-ball, but his Sprinting Sprint is definitely one of his biggest assets. With Varela sitting on TS: 82(which might even be a little bit underrated for him), in my opinion Darmian can do with a slightly better value for Top Speed, like 83 (+1) or 84 (+2), he previously had. Varela is definitely a better, quicker and more agile dribbler than Darmian, but, on the other hand, Darmians seems just a little bit quicker than him without the ball.
Welbeck19
Valued Contributor

Postby Welbeck19 » 2016 May 09, 18:19

Updated: Brought RES back to 82, TS to 83, WFA to 5 and added Pinpoint Pass card. As I said previously ACC could come down to 79/80 as well as he looks like a TS>ACC player and I feel there should be a bit of a gap there.
Epsi

Postby Epsi » 2016 May 10, 10:18

tw looks a bit too low. It would be spot on at 80. The guy was fairly rated when he moved to ManUtd, why did he received so many changes? I might take the old set back and riassign it to him...
Welbeck19
Valued Contributor

Postby Welbeck19 » 2016 May 10, 10:45

Aside from the first month or so of the season he really hasn't shown that level at all with Man United unfortunately and hasn't looked anywhere near the player he was for Torino. It's possibly down to how they play and how the manager set up. Perhaps we'll see the proper Darmain next season, but as I said he simply hasn't been good enough or consistent enough this season for United.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2016 May 10, 12:17

Epsi wrote:tw looks a bit too low. It would be spot on at 80. The guy was fairly rated when he moved to ManUtd, why did he received so many changes? I might take the old set back and riassign it to him...

I'd be up for that. I think the original set portrayed him very well.
BigStu
PSD Guru

Postby BigStu » 2016 May 10, 12:49

think we all got a bit caught up with his early united form, should have waited to start fiddling with it, was a pretty good base
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2016 May 10, 18:24

I don't know where this is coming from. I feel like Welbeck's changes were justified.

if you look at the logs, s-cobar made some really strange changes against the base of the set, thats what we're talking about
Epsi

Postby Epsi » 2016 May 11, 18:02

I have to find back the old set he had from Torino. Wasn't so different from current AFAIR
Hendersondz
New Contributor

Postby Hendersondz » 2016 May 11, 21:47

He is talent but i dont know whats wrong with him
Paddy
PSD Guru

Postby Paddy » 2019 Mar 26, 02:14

One of his main issues under LVG was his fitness and lack of Stamina. He tired a lot during games and runs of matches. I'd have his stamina nowhere near 88. I'd also drop his speed stats much lower.

Return to “Parma Calcio 1913”