PES 2013 NEW CARDS EXPLAINED

Moderator: Mod's

Forum rules
čale
PSD Loyalty Program Member

PES 2013 NEW CARDS EXPLAINED

Postby čale » 2012 Sep 04, 12:04

Here you will post your thought and ideas regarding the new PES 2013 player and style cards (i'll just explain those which i'm sure of and giving examples of players which KONAMI have assigned the card to):

P17 - Offensive Fullback
Positions: LB, RB, CB
Explanation by KONAMI: "A Defender who likes to join in the attack and lay siege on the opposition goal at every given opportunity."
Examples by KONAMI: Dani Alves, Marcelo, Lichtsteiner, Clichy, Maicon, A. Cissokho, Adriano, Lucio, Chiellini, Pique

S12 - Deft Touch Skills
Explanation by KONAMI: "Improves technique and precision when executing the Sideways Scissors and Sideway Step-over."
Examples by KONAMI: Hazard, Seedorf, Cassano, Neymar, Pato, Zarate, Menez, Del Piero, di Natale, Witsel, Nene, Coutinho and many, many more players

S14 - Long Range Drive
Explanation by KONAMI: "A player who can hit some wicked dipping shots from far out. A real nightmare for goalkeepers."
Explanation: Enables the player to hit the ball with the inside of the foot and putting a vicious curve on it, just think of it as Del Piero's signature/trademark shot.
Examples by KONAMI: Del Piero, di Natale, Henry, Messi, Ronaldinho, Rooney

S15 - Knuckle Shot
Explanation by KONAMI: "Improves the accuracy of Knuckle Shots."
Explanation: Enables a special kind of curve which is extremely difficult for keepers to stop (in-game) as the ball changes direction mid-flight, think of CR7's freekicks and that vicious dip and unpredictable curve.
Examples by KONAMI: C. Ronaldo, Pirlo, Honda, Sneijder, Michel Bastos, Lampard, Hulk

S16 - Jumping Volley
Explanation by KONAMI: "The player will sometimes attempt mid-air volleys."
Explanation: Unlocks a special animation which grants the player the ability to hit, well, a jumping volley...similar to the shot which the guy on the Bundesliga logo does.
Examples by KONAMI : Ibrahimović, Rooney, van Persie, Quagliarella

S17 - Scissor Kick
Explanation by KONAMI: "Improves the accuracy of Scissor Kicks."
Explanation: Makes scissor/bicycle kicks easier and improves accuracy and frequency.
Examples by KONAMI: Rooney, Yoshida, Quagliarella, Ibrahimović, C. Ronaldo, Cavani

S18 - Heel Flick
Explanation by KONAMI: "Improves the players ability to shoot and pass off high balls."
Explanation: Makes the heel shot easier and improves accuracy and frequency.
Examples by KONAMI : Ibrahimović, Marchisio, Quaresma, Benzema, Berbatov

S19 - Weighted Pass
Explanation by KONAMI: "Applies backspin on long-passes forward and chipped though balls."
Explanation: This is something which i noticed while playing long balls with Pirlo, when you play a normal long ball with an ordinary player the ball after falling to the ground will continue to travel forward, but with the Weighted Pass the player puts a backspin on the ball thus the ball on the first contact with the pitch slows down and doesn't "run away" from the player, a great example of this is Pirlo's long ball for Giovinco in the Udinese - Juventus match which lead to Brkić's red card.
Examples by KONAMI: Pirlo, Xavi, Xabi, Cesc, Riquelme, D. Pizarro, Sneijder, Scholes

S20 - Double Touch
Explanation by KONAMI: "Improves technique and precision when executing the Double Touch."
Explanation: Iniesta's trademark move where he shifts the ball from one foot to the other.
Examples by KONAMI : Iniesta, Neymar, L. Suarez, Messi, A. Sanchez, Marchisio, Quaresma

S21 - Run Around
Explanation by KONAMI: "Improves technique and precision while executing the Run Around."
Explanation:Just looking at the players which have the card assigned it's more than self-explanatory and it's almost a trademark of both Suarez and Neymar. While standing still or slowly moving with the ball the player with knock the ball past his marker and burn him with his acceleration thus leaving his marker behind. Again, the card improves accuracy and frequency of the move.
Examples by KONAMI : Neymar, L. Suarez, Miyaichi, Ribery, D. Alves, Robben, Bale, Krasić, Lennon, Lichtsteiner, Hulk, Quaresma

P22 - Flick (Sombrero)
Explanation by KONAMI: "Improves technique and precision while executing the Sombrero."
Explanation: Easier to show than explain LINK. And also improves accuracy (player without the card tend to send the ball far too high) and frequency.
Examples by KONAMI: Xavi, Neymar, Ganso, Benzema, Messi, Iniesta, Marchisio,

P23 - 180 Drag
Explanation by KONAMI: "Enables a player to use the inside of the boot to pull tricky feints."
Explanation: A different style of the shot fake move (square + X) where the players drags the ball with the inside of the boot to fool the defender (the ball doesn't go from his foot like the normal shot fake move)
Examples by KONAMI (only 4 players in the game): Messi, van Persie, Robben, Kakuta

S24 - Lunging Tackle
Explanation by KONAMI: "Improves the effectiveness of lunging tackles."
Explanation: Performed by pressing R1 and X at the same time. Similar to the normal X tackle, but more sudden than the normal tackle.
Examples by KONAMI: Puyol, Chiellini, Terry, T. Silva, Kompany, Lucio

S25 - Diving Header
Explanation by KONAMI: "Sometimes, the player may attempt rather unusual blocks." :lol:
Explanation: Ashley Cole against Ukraine WC 2010 qualifiers anyone? And the epic Cicinho "clearance" :lol:
Examples by KONAMI (only 2 players in the game): Terry, Mexes

S26 - GK Long Throw
Explanation by KONAMI: "Improves the range of throws by the goalkeeper."
Examples by KONAMI: Cassilas, Neuer, Reina, Čech, Handanovič

H01 - Attack Minded
H02 - Defence Master

^ no idea regarding this but i've got a hunch that it's somekind of hidden ability thus the "H" (Hidden01/02) which would act like a number 4 in the new ATT/DEF Awareness scale.

Fixer wrote:No wonder there's a 'penetration' stat, all of them players look like rapists

MocaBG wrote:Because you are a nerd and have no life.
Korinov

Re: PES 2013 NEW CARDS EXPLAINED

Postby Korinov » 2012 Oct 11, 00:07

@ Vickingo

Yeah, that qualifies. Another example here at 0:35

Image Korinov la Komadreja
Spoiler: show
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
amine wrote:Spanish vodoo is real. That’s my takeaway from this. When my gran children ask me about it, i’ll tell them about the era of xosé the great
Luisao82
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Luisao82 » 2012 Oct 11, 09:10

What a pass from Riquelme! :shock:
Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Postby Vickingo » 2012 Oct 11, 13:57

čale wrote:UPRAVO TAKO FRENDE1

Sorry Deniz but I didn't get your language lol is it worth the example?
čale

Postby čale » 2012 Oct 11, 15:10

don't mind that, it's all a blur to me! :lol:

it means: "absolutely right, friend1" :lol:
Fixer wrote:No wonder there's a 'penetration' stat, all of them players look like rapists

Diego

Postby Diego » 2012 Oct 11, 20:54

Do you think run around card affects accuracy of nutmeg thing ? Uh, btw i dont know where to change attack minded/defense master thing :P
bam!
čale

Postby čale » 2012 Oct 11, 22:35

yeah, i believe that Run Around affects Nutmeg as well. the Attack Minded and Defence Master were in Barcafan's editor...

Diego

Postby Diego » 2012 Oct 13, 00:27

Thank you čale . . .
bam!
Malakayi

Postby Malakayi » 2012 Oct 13, 18:25

why is there no "GK line dance" card in the game? Remember Jerzy Dudek's crazy dancing when he was waiting for a penalty to be executed? PES goalies need such a card!

Dudek Dance

Stupid Show Off Shit :D
blast77
Former Lurker

Postby blast77 » 2014 Jan 27, 04:43

Guys, how can I put more than 11 cards in PES 2013? For example Cristiano Ronaldo has 13 cards http://pesstatsdatabase.com/viewtopic.php?f=154&t=1170&start=2400
But I can only add 11 in game.
Thank you in advance!
LaitP
PSD Youth League

Postby LaitP » 2014 Jan 27, 06:07

blast77 wrote:Guys, how can I put more than 11 cards in PES 2013? For example Cristiano Ronaldo has 13 cards http://pesstatsdatabase.com/viewtopic.php?f=154&t=1170&start=2400
But I can only add 11 in game.
Thank you in advance!

You can't do it in-game. The limit is 11.The only way to do it is by using an external editor.

Return to “Attributes analysed and explained”