jurgens master league thoughts

Moderator: jurgens

Forum rules
jurgens
Clear

jurgens master league thoughts

Postby jurgens » 2017 May 16, 23:11

After a long time off from actually playing pes, and mostly just creating and editing players, I'm back into playing master league... which is the main thing I like about pes in the first place.
Figured I'd attempt to share some of my ideas and players I find interesting etc. Dunno how active I'll do this though as it's more work than I'd like to keep up with.

Quick bit of info about my game in general:

I play pes 2011. I absolutely hate the fact that pes since the beginning completely overpowers dribbling, so it's just always been par for the course for people to get on the ball and abuse dribbling. Since I started playing pes and being a pvp freak since I was a kid, this was a massively discouraging factor to me. But in pes 2011 you have the stumble and catch up nerfs to tone down dribbling, its honestly way over the top and makes the game infuriating, but it does take care of that abuse and forces you to play the game in inventive and interesting ways. The other thing about pes 2011 is that in spite of all the annoying nerfs that go too far, dribbling is actually possible in pes 2011, it's just very difficult, you have to have complete awareness of the overall situation and know what you can and can't do in the present moment based on a multitude of factors, mostly to do with body angles and how to avoid the current pressure being applied or incoming. It's difficult and you are on borrowed time, so pulling it off is the most satisfying I've found in any pes ever :) It is by no means perfect, and in many ways its god damn awful, but thats pes in itself. I've just settled on this.

I play with a game play patch and a difficulty patch. My game is 2011, so a lot of stuff is out of date, but a lot of it is fully up to date, all of the top teams are close to 100%, the lesser teams in the top 3 leagues are pretty updated and most keys players are there. I don't like to throw away perfectly good players and I like to have as many choices as possible for players, so all of the original pes 2011 sets are mostly present (some retired) in fringe leagues or other European teams. this also means that there is a massive amount of great players, so every team ends up creating a pretty nice line up because of the wealth of variety, which helps keep the difficulty level up.

The main thing I care about is interesting/unique/weird sets. I don't care so much about having a team of perfect players, I like sets with glaring holes in them, players with real weaknesses, players with average sets with some stand out points, rather than having a team of perfect players, I rather have a team with interesting players that I've grown fond of and like to try make them play together really nicely. My goals change around as do my playing styles, so if I'm trying to adjust my team around to compensate for a weakness, I may end up changing the whole dynamics of the team, though I'd usually like to avoid that.

Regarding sets; I am usually much, much harsher than PSD so I'll typically have far less tw/def/ment etc for players in fringe leagues or unproven players. I love konami sets so there is a tonne of them up to about 2014 (after that they fucking suck) and lots of old sets. From then on its mostly all my own sets or sets I've modded off PSD. I've also started to follow fifa stat trends through out their games, so there is quite a few players influenced from there sets, hybrid sets and what not. Mostly I'm just collecting and making fun and interesting sets.

Oh, I'm very picky and weird with my teams and make up a lot of stipulations on what I can and can't do. I like to try avoid getting stars and world beaters, but inevitably it happens here and there. I try to avoid it though as the more I get the more I lose interest. I really just want to find interesting sets and niche players and adopt them into my team, if I can create a perfect role for a less than perfect player, I'm much happier with that than putting 3 world beaters in midfield and dominating. I also like to search for players that fit the current idea I have for my team, thats one of the best things in pes for me. Nothing like finding a diamond in the rough, or turning a supposed average player into a top tier one 8-)

Lastly, no classics or classic teams, no player development and starting with default ML players and a global -1 on forum, 7 is the max on my OF and basically non existent, highest difficulty of course.
All coaches and advantageous facilities are on the absolute minimum, I don't want any bonus from trainers to stamina or fitness etc.
Playing with Atalanta B.C. in serie a, nothing to do with their current season in reality, just been planning on using them as my next serie a team for some time. Currently in season 3 and have moved on from the default players and started to build the core of the team.

jurgens
Clear

Re: jurgens master league diary - Atalanta B.C.

Postby jurgens » 2017 May 17, 01:17

Currently on my third season with the team, had an error vs juve (game wouldnt load) in the semi finals of the champions league last season, that put me off. I was competing for 2nd or 3rd in the league, but got pissed off and decided to rush to the next transfer window, went on a ridiculous losing streak to simulated games and ended up 5th and missing out on the UCL this year. Dzyuba was my main CF and pretty much set in stone, but as the season went on and his goal tally went up and up, I'd often find in games a stifled attack and inability to clench a vital goal. This was for many reasons, but a lot of killed attacks came down to him, felt I needed an upgrade so I went all out to sign Falcao, who in-spite of being a very different player, he ticks most of the boxes that Dzyuba did on a varying level, so I brought him in to try add a different dynamism to the attack, while still keeping the core ideas the same.

The key in the front trident is Amin Younes, I did not want to sign a player this good this soon (got him last year), but due to an unforeseen fuck up in a transfer made in the same window (Kamil Grosicki was signed for his position, but I found out that he had the cryuff which is nearly a death sentence in 2011, terribly implemented and horrifically slow), I had to scramble to sign a replacement, since I was so disappointed I wanted to get a sure thing, so signed Younes last min. Dyzubas role up front was that of a creator and supporter, great target man, good passer, good technique, good retention and a monster in the air and really hard to shake off the ball. I was struggling to find another player that brought something different to the right side of the trident, speed wasn't working like I wanted, aerial support was also kinda awkward, and I didn't want another dribbler, so I decided I wanted to add in a completely different style to the team with an extremely incisive and creative player on the wing, hence Cassano.

The two mids are a box to box beast (Hasebe) and an out and out distributor(Sung Yeung), anchored by a slow and cumbersome distributor with a fucking monster shot (Radovanovic). Hasebe is working flawlessly within the team, he does everything well and creates a great left side of the field with papa and Younes. Sung Yeung is pure class on the ball and the team heavily relies upon his distribution and creativeness, unfortunately hes useless defensivey and slow and weak, so classy on the ball though. With Radovanovic being so slow and awkward combined with Sung Yueng and Cassano who can't defend, the right side of the team is very weak defensively and a source of constant problems.

Due to the weakness defensively on the right side of the pitch, D'Ambrosio was brought in to add some defensive security, unfortunately its not enough and I'm looking into a means to tighten it up a bit without changing the team dynamics. Radovanovic was mostly bought for another role, so we'll probably be swapping him out for a more specialized destroyer.

Papa is a beast on the left hand side, so much better on the ball than I expected, quite aggressive and a great short passer for retention and even pretty good at being incisive, this is a key point for my side backs and D'ambrossio follows the same trend. Masiello is or rather, was my defensive leader paired along side Lamine Kone. Kone was a fucking monster at bullying people off the ball and catching up to people, complimented Masiello well, but a fucking disaster at the same time, failing to even touch players often, positionaly awful and creating countless chances for the opposition. Luisao was an accidental signing, I was just trying to bring in a new defender and negotiating with several at the same time, wasn't paying attention when he came in and just signed him. Didn't actually want to buy a CB that solid so soon, but it happend and now Masiello has been replaced as the number 1 CB. Luisao is a beast all round and great at bringing the ball out from the back. But he is painfully awkward and so is Masiello so it's not a good pairing. Looking to bring in a new CB that compliments him better. I'll be posting more in depth profiles about the players and their roles within the team.

The team:Image

Current problem areas are; CB for problems listed, right side of mid for problems listed. Cassano desperately needs a stand in as he can not play much at all due to fitness issues, keeper is using an unusual set and hes solid but a ball spiller and it's costing me too much, looking for a higher KS keeper for experimental reasons to see the contrast, and hopefully give away less easy goals. Unfortunately the Falcao signing left me completely broke (worth it without any doubt) so I havn't even had the money to negotiate for new players to attempt to strengthen the team up. Priorities are a destroyer and some much needed back up/utility for the front.

I'm second in the league right now with 11 games played. But Juve are absolutely destroying the league and have only managed to falter once this year with just a single draw. Looking like it will be quite hard to top them. Upcoming game is vs Juve, a win would put me on top I think? But Falcao needs to be rested as does Luisao, so it's gonna be an up hill struggle, Younes is also in desperate need of rest, but I have to play him for this match.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2017 May 17, 02:02

Ended up winning. Dzyuba was the man of the match, Juve had a really tight and compact mid giving little space, but Dzyuba just bullied them all and never lost possesion. His huge stamina and defensive contribution we're even more important, Cassano being tired and having very little energy was a real weakness and couldn't apply much defensive pressure, but Dzyuba more than made up for it and covered Cassano's side and added security to the mid throughout the game, he just knocked everyone off the ball and took it back for the team over and over. Opened the scoring putting in a through ball behind the defense from Hasabe.

Kone was also a fucking machine, was expecting him to expose the team left and right, but instead he was charging into the mid and winning every aerial ball and just out right plowing everyone with the ball down. Cassano had little influence but managed to win a penalty inside the box right before he came off, which Radovanovic converted to give us a comfortable lead. Juve had Alonso, Iniesta and Pjanic in the mid, so I was really dreading those insive passes, luckily for me they sold Higuain and had Aquafresca upfront, probably would have been very differnt if they had a more potent striker.

The match was actually much closer than the screen shows. Fucking Cech saved god damn everything I threw at him and they we're so close on getting a goal, wasn't until late in the game that I could breathe easy, after cassano won that penalty.That win put me first, tied on points but ahead on goal differnce. Hanging onto that lead will be pretty hard considering thats the first loss Juve had all season and Roma and Inter are close behind.
Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Postby Vickingo » 2017 May 17, 10:40

It would be interesting to see most of those players' set to have a nice view on them, could you post 'em Rob?
Oriello
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Oriello » 2017 May 17, 11:10

jurgens wrote:Kamil Grosicki was signed for his position, but I found out that he had the cryuff which is nearly a death sentence in 2011
Is The Cruijff a unique disease in PES 2011 that impacts the health of players and ravages their bodies - please tell me this is the case - as it would be amazing world building, a unique cancer that targets footballers (horrible I know but I like to play morbid ML sometimes, players go to jail (i.e. I buy them and never play/train them and release them after a few years, or if they die I just bank roll em till they retire :mrgreen: )).

How long are the matches you play? I noticed you racked up a lot of attempts on goal vs juve. In PES 5, 20 mins matches (my default preferred for a long time as you can actually enter into the rhythm of a match) resulted in maybe in 2-5 draws and 1-3 losses during a season, sometimes I can win all matches (maybe losing a cup match) - as there is too much time to comeback in..10 mins matches are too short to 'settle' nicely into the game (possession wise) but result in the most upsets of COM sneaking a a goal or two and me having not enough time to salvage anything (also the goal attempts tend to mirror reality more)..15 mins is almost the happy medium, still too easy to win.

Its cool to hear that later PES other teams give you a run for your money in the league for first, in PES5 they usually shadow you, result for result, you stumble they stumble till the match vs them late in the season that decides it.

Though the dribbling ease you describe I feel is not present in PES5, fouls are given easily (though yellows/reds are rare compared to current real life standards, lol you can be hacked down 1-1 with keeper and the guy don't get sent off) and the COM gets in your way a lot, Messi ain't even that great.. but quick arcady passing is what destroys teams (thee fullbacks come centre is the biggest gripe)..

The differences you mention, stadiums/facilities affecting stats makes me wanna try PES2013 ML for the novel experience.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2017 May 17, 18:03

Vickingo wrote:It would be interesting to see most of those players' set to have a nice view on them, could you post 'em Rob?

Yeah for sure, plan on doing it for everyone important and talking about their roles etc.

horrible I know but I like to play morbid ML sometimes, players go to jail (i.e. I buy them and never play/train them and release them after a few years, or if they die I just bank roll em till they retir

hahah, I've actually done something similar, punishment :)

How long are the matches you play?

I'm playing 10 mins as I found it takes too long to get to the transfers, though I may change to 15 as I always liked that as well.

The differences you mention, stadiums/facilities affecting stats makes me wanna try PES2013 ML for the novel experience.

Sorry, I meant facilities as in the options available to you... not infrastructure you can use, that isn't how the word works though, so my bad since that doesn't make sense. I just should have said options. Everything is through coaches and trainers. Though I heard they took these things away in upcoming games and ML got worse and worse.
Korinov

Postby Korinov » 2017 May 17, 19:36

Hey, nice read there. Please keep this up. Agree with Victor regarding the sets of players, it could be nice to have a peek at some of them to better understand how you take advantage of their strenghts and suffer their weaknesses in game.
Image Korinov la Komadreja
Spoiler: show
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
amine wrote:Spanish vodoo is real. That’s my takeaway from this. When my gran children ask me about it, i’ll tell them about the era of xosé the great
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2017 May 17, 21:19

Nearly had another upset against fucking Cesena. I completely underestimated them and didn't check their line up and was playing barely paying attention. Without me even realizing some striker smashed through my defense and just burried, then I looked and it was Yakubu... no wonder. Than 5 mins later, freekick 30 yards out... rossina puts it in top corner. They actually have scrounged up a really nice team with Yakubu, Rossina, Cannavaro, Mathijsen, Krstičić... their whole mid was pretty great defensively, high 60's def for all CM's and Krstičić was in god mode. I pulled two back before half time, but wasted chance after chance but could never really get anything that clear cut. Krstičić was shutting down Younes all match and was getting double teamed on the wing constantly. 80th min or so they get in the box, but it's a weak attempt and relatively routine save, but Iraizoz spills and nearly ends it all, luickly I manged to clear it. Really need to start looking for another keeper. 87th min and Younes manages gets the ball out on the wing and gets past Krstičić cuts in a dribbles across the box and plays a through ball to Falcao, who finally converts bringing the score to 3-2 to save the day.

Messed up the screen.

I've qualified for the knockout states of the Europa League and I'm coming up to the transfer window, but funds are very low. I've had to drop the investment level in the team down to 2 or 1 or something to afford that falcao signing at the start of the year, which means my revenue for the transfer window is gonna be very low, limiting my options to sign reinforcements. Needing that destroyer pretty desperately now. Looking to find a slower one who just sits infront of the defense and fucks shit up. Only have 10m to spend, but I could possibly be getting offers in for Naby Keita, who despite being a nice addition to the team and adds much needed energy and speed to the mid, doesn't play much and the mid is packed as is, hes the only one really worth anything so he might have to be sacrificed for the greater good. As I just don't have the funds for any other additions to the team and with the league, league cup, and europa knockouts, I'm really gonna need better squad depth.

Nabil bentalab is transfer target and basically a like for like swap with Sung, and a 100% upgrade, but costly... and do I really want him? It would solve a lot of problems on the right hand side as hes infinitely better physically, but... I like Sung :(
Relja
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Relja » 2017 May 18, 02:38

Try with Ognjen Vukojević, he's quite good and not expensive, extremely slow and unagile, but great defender and anchorman. Not that old in 2011. too. :lol:
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2017 May 18, 03:32

Name: Hasebe
"The Beast from the East"

Stats:
Position: CMF*, AMF, DMF, SMF, SB
Nationality: Japanese _jpn

Foot: R
Side: R

Length: 179
Weight: 72

Attack: 71
Defence: 70
Balance: 78
Stamina: 86
Top Speed: 76
Acceleration: 75
Response: 81
Agility: 75
Dribble Accuracy: 77
Dribble Speed: 80
Short Pass Accuracy: 76
Short Pass Speed: 77
Long Pass Accuracy: 77
Long Pass Speed: 73
Shot Accuracy: 69
Shot Power: 79
Shot Technique: 66
Free Kick Accuracy: 70
Curling: 71
Header: 70
Jump: 73
Technique: 78
Aggression: 70
Mentality: 80
Keeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 82

Injury Tolerance: B
Condition/Fitness: 4
Weak Foot Accuracy: 5
Weak Foot Frequency: 6

S09 - Covering

The back bone of my team and the captain. This is a very, very well rounded set. He has the short and long passing to make him a very reliable and secure possession player, for the most part his passing game is bare minimal, keep possession flowing or quick short passes around the left side of the pitch during attack transitions, but since hes a focal point in attack and the team is very aggressive with runs behind the lines, his position fairly often tends to be outside the box in a perfect position to play a through ball, and since he has quite a good combo of passing stats hes fairly successful with them, mostly simplistic few yard passes into players path or little dinks over the wall, but hes also suprsingly quite succesful with more difficult long range killer passes. The key in his passing game really comes down to his positioning and the teams movement, hes often very close to the box and acts as a distributor and creator when he finds himself in these positions.

Now his retention ability, is nothing to write home about, but it's nice and tidy and it's not in his game to play evasive dribbling on the ball, hes by no means an iniesta type player. He tends to stay out of these situations and just keeps it simple, very quick to release the ball. When he recives pressure he tends to hold them off to keep them as far away from the ball as possible and pass it out to safety, he has no problems dribbling off to the side while reciving pressure and due to his DS this can allow him to create space in these situations to play perfect passes to escape. His BB is quite good and combined with the DA/DS/stature hes extremely safe in possession.

His shinning point on the ball is his DS and this is another back bone of the team and his game. Hes a perfect player for carrying the ball forward up from the mid and this is a recurring facet of his game. Since he is safe in passing and the left side of the pitch tends to be abundant in passing options, this gives him a lot of opportunities to exploit his DS as he can play 1-2 past defenders, and the defenders are regularly pulled out of position from all the players on the left side giving him a variety of routes to take, when he runs into trouble it's never a problem to simply stop and recycle possesion, hes sturdy enough and safe enough in passing to never really run into trouble on the ball. Another key aspect of his DS is the fact that he also has quite nice SP. Since he can pick up speed quite well on the ball, this means he can get off some ferocious shots with great aim. His shooting stats aren't amazing, but they are good his SA is bordering 70, so when he gets the opportunity to cut in after a quick burst while hes running on the ball, he can really blast them. Shooting in pes is not about your raw shooting stats, but rather how your stats work together as a whole, and how you are lined up and moving while you release the shot, and your awarness of what needs to be done to compesnate the negatives facing you and what type of shot your current body angle/movement/speed will produce (I think a lot of this was lost in newer games with the removal of stats, adding more reason to them being worthless streamlined garbage) And due to his pitch position and the space that is created for him, his combo allows him to be a very threatening shooter.

His stamina just re-enforces all of this. Hes capable of keeping all of this up throughout the full 90 mins, making him an extremely consistent performer. He can for the most part play every match in a season with absolutely minimal rest and rarely needs to start on the bench.

His energy and decent balance with a great def/resp combo makes him an absolutely great ball winner, really indispensable for my team. He wins so many balls in the mid and covers the entire left side for the wingers and is even solid in the mid too. These values are realistically, perfect for a well rounded CM, world class even, by far his best attributes.

Now since TW takes ridiculously long to build up, he doesn't even have that value on my team, hes still on 70. I really can't find a fault in his playstyle as is, so I don't consider this a weakness. Perhaps he will get even better from this TW, but for the time being, hes already basically the perfect player for this team. An all action box to box midfielder, whos extremely well rounded technically with the energy to take full advantage of his offensive tool kit the entire game, all the while being a great ball winner and defensive player. No weakness in his game, just all round solid.

Playstyle and role within the team:

To really under stand his role, you need to have a full view of the team, but that'll take too much time so I'll just give a run down on some basics, probably after doing a few more players the idea with piece togther.
Edit: Heres a shitty MS paint edit to show the most common positions these players take up.

Falcao/Dzyuba tends to drop back into the mid to be a passing option for possesion and plays off this with 1'2's, lay offs and dummy runs, papa is pretty straight forward but cuts in regularly, younes goes basically anywhere and everywhere on the left wing and cuts into mid and across the box constantly, Radovanovic tends to move close to the side where the play is going to act as an option for possesion, sung yeung mostly stays in his position with occasional runs into the box, this makes him the key disturber for possession.

Within this Hasebe works with Papa/Younes with 1-2's and possession, radovanovic and masiello help with deeper recycling options, and falcao with more offensive. Hasebe tends to work with Papa and Younes the most, all 3 are create quite capable of moving the ball forward when in possession and they have a multitude of options for recycling, all of them have decent spa so keeping possesion even over distance isnt a problem, nor is picking out a runner behind the defense.

Hasebes typical style will be moving with the wingers and supporting them, they do a lot of dummy runs and runs in behind the lines, while falcao drops into the mid and does the same, the space created from the wingers allows Hasebe a lot of space to run with the ball forward, this in turn frees them up for space as he tends to pull players to him, he can cut in and dribble upwards and shoot, or play a 1/2's with sung/falcao who may dummy run for him to through ball to them or he'll switch to the wingers, falcaos lay offs while Hasebe is driving for the ball, tea up the ball perfectly for a shot time and time again, or a faked shot which draws people to him and frees up cassano on the other side 8-)

His style really revolves heavily around carrying the ball forward, cutting in/up across the mid and working with the mid/falcao with quick one twos, shooting/playing killer balls, or distributing out to the wing and working in tandem with their attacking play. Once play comes up to the box he functions very similarly to Sung Yueng and now focus as a pivot and distributor while the wingers do their thing, as younes spends a lot of time dribbling and running in/around the box, hasebes ability to gain space due to his ds means a dangerous shot is always on the cards, which also gives him the dummy option of a through pass into the wingers and dummy runners which are a constant threat.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This is too hard to sum up everything he does offensively. He is mostly a supporter, but due to the team dynamics and his stats/field position, he becomes a massive threat, because of what he can do, but may or may not do, so he works a lot around perceived threats, which creates space, which he exploits. Also a lot of possession recycling.

By himself, hes not the most dangerous player stat wise, but the way the team plays and his role within it allow him to become a massively dangerous player.
The right of mid is quit different, but it'll take too long to go into that.

Defensively hes a disrupt-er and cover-er primarily, a key ball winner and his energy means hes just as participative in defense as he is in offense, don't need to go too much into what he does defensively. High energy, great ball winner, cover option basically.

(holy crap, I don't know if I can keep this up, I wanted to explain his role better but its too time consuming :lol:)
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2017 May 18, 21:28

Relja wrote:Try with Ognjen Vukojević, he's quite good and not expensive, extremely slow and unagile, but great defender and anchorman. Not that old in 2011. too. :lol:

Wow, thats a beast DMF. No face though :(, gotta find my 2010 and rip his face from that.
Already settled on a DM, but thanks for the recommendation.
MrBonjangles
Former Lurker

Postby MrBonjangles » 2017 May 19, 14:01

whats the difficulty patch? you can unlock superstar difficulty or something on pes2011?
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2017 May 21, 15:47

Got to the transfer window and had decided on Felipe Melo as the main target. Slow, strong, great defensive stats... exactly what I'm looking for, but maybe a little too good. Only had 10m to spend though and needed reinforcements badly. I started dealing for Yarmolenko and Patrick Shcick as players to give the attack more depth. I decided to get Schick since his deal came in early and I thought I'd secure it. I was banking an offer coming in for Naby Keita because several teams were watching him and I got multiple requests through ought the year. But it never came in, in the end I was short by about 700k to sign Melo. So I decided to slightly re-enforce the squad instead bringing in Jardel from Benfica.

I really didn't want to get Schick particularly, was much more interested in Yarmolenko, but wasn't gonna buy both. But my funds are really low and since Schick is young he can be "developed" and since my team is gaining attention if I secure the league or the europa my players will be getting more and more potential buyers, so Schick is a good project to "raise" for funds. I don't really care to raise him to super star level, so I'm not gonna put in the time to get a 50m+ bid. If I can get an offer for him for 4x the money I put in, I'll be happy.

The problem with that though is, Schick's been absolutely useless :lol: Really underwhelming and adds very little to the team. Maybe I just have to find a role for him more fitting, probably a more central role would be beneficial, but he'd have very limited playing time there.

Jardel on the other hand has been absolutely amazing, 10/10 signing. Hes very quickly established himself as the top CB in this team, just bossing everyone that gets close to him and adding so much security to the defense. Now I'm looking to bring in Inigo Martinez or Toprak to compliment the defense, expensive though.

Since my last post, I've started to run away with the league. I knew Juventus letting go of Higuain would cost them big, they don't have a real top striker anymore and looking at their match results, they are stuggling to score. They have the second best defensive record in the league, but also one of the lower goals scored for top teams. Inter has now over taken them, they sold off a lot of dead weight and brought in Pepe, James, Messi and Jovetic, they lack a top tier keeper though after selling Handanovic. AC Milan are building up a good team, currently about 6th but they've brought in Cavani, Busquets and Payet, only competitive team in the league with a top tier striker. Roma sold off Dzeko to celta.
Houy
PSD Elite

Postby Houy » 2017 May 21, 16:23

Stared binging on this today. Great stuff ,keep it up :mrgreen:
jurgens wrote: I knew Juventus letting go of Higuain would cost them big, they don't have a real top striker anymore and looking at their match results, they are stuggling to score. They have the second best defensive record in the league, but also one of the lower goals scored for top teams. Inter has now over taken them, they sold off a lot of dead weight and brought in Pepe, James, Messi and Jovetic, they lack a top tier keeper though after selling Handanovic. AC Milan are building up a good team, currently about 6th but they've brought in Cavani, Busquets and Payet, only competitive team in the league with a top tier striker. Roma sold off Dzeko to celta.

This is something i remember from my master leagues back in the day ,big teams didn't keep their level throughout the squad,sooner or later they'd end up with a ''starter'' with 70 or even 60 Ovr(that odd player looked silly among four 90 OvrS) and little to no depth in some positions( i actually remember Totenham had NO keepers at one point and played Lennon under the goalposts in our game ...LENNON ). So in time that would ruin my ML experiences. You say you have more choices though ,does it help counter this problem at all?
Korinov

Postby Korinov » 2017 May 21, 18:10

AI insane signing strategies in Master League never cease to amaze. Don't even want to know what kind of hardcoded lunatic patterns it follows.
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
amine wrote:Spanish vodoo is real. That’s my takeaway from this. When my gran children ask me about it, i’ll tell them about the era of xosé the great
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2017 May 21, 19:00

Name: Dzyuba

Position: CF*, SS
Nationality: Russian _rus

Side: R

Length: 194
Weight: 91

Attack: 76
Defence: 40
Balance: 91
Stamina: 83
Top Speed: 75
Acceleration: 73
Response: 75
Agility: 71
Dribble Accuracy: 78
Dribble Speed: 75
Short Pass Accuracy: 76
Short Pass Speed: 72
Long Pass Accuracy: 66
Long Pass Speed: 69
Shot Accuracy: 73
Shot Power: 81
Shot Technique: 75
Free Kick Accuracy: 63
Curling: 61
Header: 88
Jump: 74
Technique: 81
Aggression: 76
Mentality: 69
Keeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 70

Injury Tolerance: A
Weak Foot Accuracy: 7
Weak Foot Frequency: 6

S21 - Step On Skills

Dzyuba was bought to play a very specific role in the team, but since his starter position is no longer set in stone, his role and playstyle in the team has evolved.

Originally he was brought in to play the role of a post player, more of a supporter type CF.
His stats are really interesting, for one hes absolutely massive on the field and his BB is monstrous, but besides that his technical skills are really quite good. That 76 spa was one of the key aspects I was looking for in a striker, someone who would be secure in laying off the ball to the wingers and acting as a solid creator upfront. 81 Tech ensures that hes very reliable in taking the majority of the the things that come his way, so hes very secure in keeping the play going smoothly.

His stature and BB means that he wins everything up front, and when he has the ball, hes near unshakable, people just bounce off him and basically never loses the ball. 78 DA is a very nice number, but combined with that BB it just makes him rock solid in retention. Yeah, hes not good at turning, but he can hold off players with ease until its time to release the pass. He even has nice DS which gives him a little more fluidity in his turns and adds another dimension to his game. He can run with the ball, not very fast, but decently when need be.

Hes not without his problems though. He is pretty bad at turning and generally his movement is pretty poor for evasion and what not, so he must play to his strengths or suffer greatly. This means that it's actually quite hard to line up shots for him, he has no real ability to escape his markers, so hes more often than not receiving pressure while hes on the ball, or when hes trying to create space to shoot, it usually gives them time to close him off. This combined with his average at best shooting stats mean hes quite limited in this regard. But he excels at holding off players and putting away things close to the goal, so a through ball to him under pressure isn't a big deal, he'll control it and get off a very decent attempt regardless of how much the defenders are on him. Thats basically his game offensive game, security under pressure. As a leading man, his low response and aggression mean that I do find he gets far less good chances than Falcao, and my attack does stifle quite a bit when hes upfront alone.

I don't really need to say anything about his aerial game, it's what you'd expect for the most part within pes 2011's limits. His weak foot stats are also excellent which really compliments his playstyle and further adds to his offensive security.

What was a surprise to me, or what I didn't pay too much attention to when I signed him was his energy levels and how this works with his stature and balance. When hes upfront hes constantly running around the final third, pressing players on the ball, tracking runs and in general disrupting the oppositions play, he wins so many balls. This is in itself worth it's weight in gold, especially for a team that struggles with it's defense in the mid.

When I signed Falcao, he became the number 1 starting CF instead of Dyzuba. But due to severe lack of depth in the squad and Cassanos extreme lack of fitness, Dyzuba was often times deployed as a right SS in Cassano's position out of necessity.
At first it was kinda awkward, but it was very clear from the start what advantages he offered in this new position, if a little unorthodox (like Mandzukic at juve). All of his supportive aspects just became more prominent, he drops back further, he takes up interesting positions on the wing and he has a lot more time and space on the ball, hes a guaranteed possession player on the right of the pitch. Wins any ball and can't be sharked off, he has so much energy and pressures constantly, he really adds security to the right side of the pitch and even the mid. He essentially plays like a wrecking ball when not on it, just charging around knocking players off the ball. While Cassano is a finesse option who offers no defensive cover, Dyzuba is the exact opposite on that wing, like a bear with a bag of speed 8-)

It's very unusual having two aerial monsters upfront at the same time. So many times has the ball been hoofed up the edge of the Box for Dyzuba to just head it on directly into Falcaos path, or for a way ward cross to skip over Falcao and find Dyzuba positioned further back to just head it back into Falcao, its worked really nicely. The fact that on top of all the monstrous physicality of his game, he still has all the technical ability and since he isn't burdened with being the main goal scorer his supportive play gets highlighted further. Now that he can link up with Falcao, hes less wasteful, like I said hes very awkward in lining up shots for himself, so now that this isn't at the foreground of his game, it sees him keeping possession going and creating for Falcao, where as before he might have sent the shot into the crowd.

Hes gone from being a bench warmer to regaining his position as a key member of the team, albeit in a different manner. The tactical options he gives the squad in his new role (and old) is a great boon for the team, the extra security, energy and physicality he brings to the team is priceless.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2017 May 22, 02:06

Name: Iraizoz
"Captain Ball Spiller"

Position: GK*
Nationality: Spanish _esp

Side: B

Length: 191
Weight: 81

Attack: 30
Defence: 91
Balance: 86
Stamina: 59
Top Speed: 62
Acceleration: 63
Response: 84
Agility: 65
Dribble Accuracy: 53
Dribble Speed: 49
Short Pass Accuracy: 50
Short Pass Speed: 58
Long Pass Accuracy: 50
Long Pass Speed: 65
Shot Accuracy: 45
Shot Power: 82
Shot Technique: 45
Free Kick Accuracy: 45
Curling: 45
Header: 55
Jump: 76
Technique: 45
Aggression: 53
Mentality: 76
Keeper Skills: 84
Team Work: 73

Injury Tolerance: A
Weak Foot Accuracy: 4
Weak Foot Frequency: 4

This is an old pes set modified with some fifa ideas, mostly experimental. I've played a lot of master leagues over the years with varying high level stats of keepers, and from the hundreds of matches I've played with them I've noticed very clear trends in their behaviors. This player was made/bought mostly to observe his stats, and to save goals :D

He plays exactly like I would have expected, well, more of a ball spiller. But basically, I expected this high defense keeper to be extremely solid in making saves. And he is, what I mean though is that, you can take any type of shot at him, and hes likely to get to it, very reliable in this regard, almost never gets outright beaten in-spite of his relatively low response. This is largely because I don't allow many chances where his response is brought into question. But either way, hes very reliable at making saves as I've said, very, very hard to beat him in a non rebound situation. But thats the thing, he saves everything, but he can't catch fucking anything! Seriously, hes a fucking mess, he spills everything that comes at him. You'd think with an 84 for KS that wouldn't be the case, but it is. God how it is. This guy has given away so many soft goals for me. I'd say 90% of the goals I've conceded have come directly from rebounded saves. Now he'll save everything, but he'll always have it put into a dangerous area afterwards, the save is rarely safe. It's at the point where he is a serious liability, he simply isn't good enough for the team anymore.

Replacing him has become the priority in the transfer market. What I'm looking for is a keeper with better KS and relatively similar stats other than that. This way I can further observe the differences between the playstyles. I'm close to signing Muslera from Galatasary. My belief is that the ball spilling will cut down dramatically and the rebounds may possibly be less of a threat (parried better).
Korinov

Postby Korinov » 2017 May 22, 09:25

Keepers are pretty much shit in the PS3 gen.

Right now I'm playing a master league in PES5 and 2010 simultaneously. With the same stats, a keeper in PES5 is five times better than his 2010 counterpart. Not only related to sending rebounds right into the AI's feet (the AI cheats with that, has always done) but in regards to goalkeeping efficiency in general. It works both ways too... I've scored some goals in 2010 that would have never got to the net in PES5.

It could also be argued that keepers were perhaps a bit too good in the old gen, regardless of their stats. Dunno, I remember Albo had done some research/testing on it.
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2017 May 22, 10:58

Korinov wrote:Keepers are pretty much shit in the PS3 gen.
Noticed that in PES2013 even Buffon spills everything, like its dumb programming, working hard for that 90 min goal in PES5 and snatching a win is so satisfying after EVERY other attempt was thwarted.

jurgens wrote: like a bear with a bag of speed 8-)
Not to shit on your analogy but a typical bear is faster than Usain Bolt, bears will fuck you up and not in the gay "bear" sense either...unless you meant to convey Dzyuba enjoys his boy toys on the side, and additionally is a fast man?

Fun reads thus far, its like an embedded journalist at the club. :)
Korinov

Postby Korinov » 2017 May 22, 11:10

2013 was the worst offender. Keepers were absolutely worthless. They were given a new set of animations but some of them were bugged, so sometimes they would do indredibly stupid things and let easy, weak shots pass by straight into the net. I think Konami eventually fixed the more hilarious ones via patches, but still, keepers were abysmal in that game regardless.

In the old gen every keeper has simply a "security zone" around them where they will not allow any single shot to get through. The better the keeper, the bigger that zone is. Even keepers with mediocre or average stats will stop everything you throw at them if you're not aiming constantly for the corners. I'm playing with the ML default squad and Ivarov, who has mostly green stats (and white GKS iirc) feels like a somewhat decent, competent keeper (if unspectacular). In 2010 he's garbage.

Return to “How would you rate it?”